geekhack Community > Keyboards

Scorpius M10 keyboard

(1/2) > >>

iMav:
In this thread xsphat brought the Scorpius M10 keyboard to our attention.  

Well, according to this link, the M10 uses the Cherry mechanical keyswitches.

Now that I think about it, I believe I remember reading somewhere that the Das Keyboard 2 was often said to be a blank version of the M10...but I did not know what the "M10" was at the time.  :)  Now that I've been made aware of the M10's existence, I can not believe anyone would waste their money on a Das Keyboard 2.

xsphat:
There is one cool thing about the Das though: they have different pressure switches for different fingers. This is a cool thought, but everybody types differently, and I wonder if a typist would even notice it.

iMav:

--- Quote from: xsphat ---There is one cool thing about the Das though: they have different pressure switches for different fingers. This is a cool thought, but everybody types differently, and I wonder if a typist would even notice it.
--- End quote ---

That's the original Das Keyboard, specs are here.  The key switches are "weighted", but from reviews I've read, this keyboard is mushy.

The Das Keyboard 2 uses the Cherry keyswitches just like the M10.  No mention of different pressure switches in its specs.

xsphat:
I just went to my college to finalize the last few things before this tern starts and I used the worst keyboard I've seen. I didn't check the brand or anything because if I looked at it I would have puked. The keys were the most mushy I've felt with a slight side-to-side motion throughout the strokes, and at the bottom, I was greeted by a complete bottoming out. The keystroke was registered about halfway through the rebound. Perfect for a Windows user.

iMav:
Just for everyone's information, Barry Little (of Barry's Rigs and Reviews) just confirmed for me that the Scorpius M10 keyboard uses the BLUE Cherry keyswitches.  These are the tactile keyswitches...the ones that I think would be the most preferable for the clickey lovers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version