Author Topic: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPED!)  (Read 1702068 times)

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
Re: DSA Retro Set (orders closed!)
« Reply #600 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 08:27:57 »
Thanks so much guys.  Can't wait to have a gorgeous new set of caps.

I'm really looking forward to seeing these caps made. Great job sam and matt on this groupbuy. Good luck, Matt, programming a future shipping algorithm to try and predict costs. It's just incredible to think that a government has to tack on so much extra money, it's criminal. Anyway, great job fellas.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Zifle

• Nyaaa
« Reply #601 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 09:54:17 »
This GB appears to have run extremely smooth, with the website set up for it and whatnot. It's been nice to be able to change my order at any time, and watch the sets/prices go down automatically.
The increased amount did surprise me a little, but I should have seen something similar coming.
For any future buys, I imagine a lot of the fuzz could have been avoided by giving a rough estimate of the additional costs.
The only thing I could want more, and perhaps might be an idea to implement, is even more transparency, by showing the numbers for these additional costs, PP %'s, and raw numbers for the order.

With that said though, it's been a pleasant ride thus far, I'm looking forward to receive these fantastic caps!
Thanks for running this.
I like cats.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #602 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 10:36:14 »
I know it's boring to read along 20 pages of thread... but the numbers are there.

1% additional keycaps to cover errors.

We have 418 alpha. This means that we will order 423 of them. The cost of 423 kit will be redistributed on the 418 buyers. Pretty linear.

To that add 2.90%+0.30 Paypal, shipping cost, wrapping material ($1 per order approx).

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #603 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 11:03:52 »
223 orders and a couple of people are complaining.  Most of the rest understand the situation and are happy.  Don't let a vocal minority speak for the majority.
Russ

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #604 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 11:41:53 »
223 orders and a couple of people are complaining.  Most of the rest understand the situation and are happy.  Don't let a vocal minority speak for the majority.

Agreed!! I can think of another GB recently where a very noisy minority steamrolled the majority... Very sad.

Matt3o, you're doing a fantastic job... Don't be discouraged! =D

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #605 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 11:46:19 »
As far as I see it, pretty noone complained about the GB itself.
Please stop trying to alienate those "complainers".

Oh, and btw, for those who don't know exactly, what those previous "complaints" (I would call them concerns) are about.

Abstract from the EU customs regulation for Germany for goods with a value between 22€-150€. Concerning explicitly which value they take into consideration to tax (German, I'll translate the important passages):
Warenwert

Maßgebend für die Feststellung, ob die Wertgrenze von 150 bzw. 22 Euro eingehalten wurde, ist der Warenwert einschließlich der ggf. enthaltenen ausländischen Umsatzsteuer wie in der Zollinhaltserklärung (CN 22/CN 23) ausgewiesen. Eine Prüfung, ob die Beförderungs- bzw. Portokosten in diesem Wert enthalten sind, erfolgt nicht. Falls wegen ungenauer oder fehlender Angaben in der Zollinhaltserklärung – wie in den meisten Fällen - eine mündliche Zollanmeldung abzugeben ist, sind zur Feststellung des Warenwertes geeignete Unterlagen (z.B. Handelsrechnung) vorzulegen. Der Rechnungsbetrag einschließlich ggf. enthaltener ausländischen Umsatzsteuer und ggf. enthaltener Beförderungs- bzw. Portokosten ist die Grundlage für die Ermittlung des Warenwertes. Hinzurechnungen oder Abzüge der ausländischen Umsatzsteuer, der Beförderungs- bzw. Portokosten finden nicht statt.
Rough translations of the bold passage [comments on my side]:
If, because of inaccurate or missing declaration on custom forms - as in most cases -, a verbal custom declaration [as in me going to the custom office] is needed, the determination of the good value are provided through adequate forms (for example invoices). The good will be determined by, if applicable, foreign taxation and transport or postage costs.

So in short, if sam puts in the value before shipping, and it's, let's say $90, and the Zoll (German customs) don't find a invoice which reflects this value in the package, they gonna get a hold of the package. Then, I have to provide some sort of invoice. Now here comes the problem: I paid like, I dunno, $130 (shipping, sorting fees, whatever costs you guys baked in). So that's the only evidence of my purchase, hence I have to pay 19% VAT not only on the actual good value, but also on shipping, sorting fees, and whatever costs.
And to be honest, and I hope you agree, this is something which leaves a bitter taste in some mouths.

I thought about letting my order been proxyed, but the cost will be almost the same, sadly...
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 February 2013, 12:12:18 by Acanthophis »

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #606 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 12:04:37 »
We just want the option of the same shipping method as we had in previous group buys.

:-)
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline sicaine

« Reply #607 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 15:11:49 »
107 Dollar : ). Hope the _Zoll_ let it through : ).

Thanks for this nice going gb. And after all this is a world wide unique set of only ~2xx sets. Thats not very expensive.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #608 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 17:34:53 »
Yeah, I don't understand about one clear thing.  If you are complaining about transit costs and taxes then why are you even in this Group Buy? ???

For those that look like having next to no money to spend on Key-caps then go elsewhere and stop complaining about your situation.  No one's interested here.  If you can't afford to own anything here on Geekhack stop trying to de-rail this Group Buy for everyone else.

It all comes down to the people who know what these caps are worth, participating in a Group Buy and knowing the full amount they have to pay for these items/services.  So far someone was right in saying that there is a TINY minority crying about how much they have to spend, solution, ..........go away.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

For the people who genuinely have MONEY in their accounts and are busting to find out how this Group Buy is going then Matt3o needs to cater for them.  The whiners with NO MONEY, you need to ignore urgently.

And during this particular Group Buy it's always been a couple of them that have been vocal about their bill and wanting a FREE-ride.  Don't ever let that happen Matt3o, because in real life you'll have parasites wanting a free meal, just spray them with repellant and move on.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 February 2013, 17:42:32 by Elrick »

Offline elton5354

DSA Retro Set (orders closed!)
« Reply #609 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 17:43:43 »
I love to see this GB close before your pay cheque comes in. Seeing how you always ask to defer your payment because of that. :facepalm: And I see you backed out of a group buy at the paying stage from the other GB...if you don't have MONEY don't join it Elrick.

Offline pasph

« Reply #610 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 17:44:03 »
Yeah, I don't understand about one clear thing.  If you are complaining about transit costs and taxes then why are you even in this Group Buy? ???

For those that look like having next to no money to spend on Key-caps then go elsewhere and stop complaining about your situation.  No one's interested here.  If you can't afford to own anything here on Geekhack stop trying to de-rail this Group Buy for everyone else.

It all comes down to the people who know what these caps are worth, participating in a Group Buy and knowing the full amount they have to pay for these items/services.  So far someone was right in saying that there is a TINY minority crying about how much they have to spend, solution, ..........go away.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

For the people who genuinely have MONEY in their accounts and are busting to find out how this Group Buy is going then Matt3o needs to cater for them.  The whiners with NO MONEY, you need to ignore urgently.

And during this particular Group Buy it's always been a couple of them that have been vocal about their bill and wanting a FREE-ride.  Don't ever let that happen Matt3o.

Very nice people around here!
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #611 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 17:49:16 »
I love to see this GB close before your pay cheque comes in. Seeing how you always ask to defer your payment because of that. :facepalm: And I see you backed out of a group buy at the paying stage from the other GB...if you don't have MONEY don't join it Elrick.

But I do PAY in the end.  I live here in Australia, and pay the highest in TRANSIT costs.  Plus I even lose some shipments.  Yet I am still here buying MORE.

Also pulling out of a Group Buy is the final reason to not having enough money that's what adults do,  you think I wanted to get a free-ride like you?

All I can say, DON'T crap on this GROUP BUY for your own selfish concerns because you're flat broke PAL.  I have never complained ever on this forum about anything the GROUP BUY organizers are trying to achieve, yet you see fit to complain and cry about it all being so unfair to you.......booohooo.  :'(

Time to MAN-up and act like an adult and not like a whining little child  (unless you're still in pre-primary, in which case you'll need your parents permission to even be involved in a Group Buy).   8)
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 February 2013, 17:58:11 by Elrick »

Offline elton5354

« Reply #612 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 17:59:55 »
Lol stop editing and adding more nonsense. You're being dumb.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #613 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 18:00:09 »
I was unaware that DSA key caps came with all the drama, too. I've got about 200 of them, maybe it's because those ones are PBT?

Either way, this group buy is awesome, and I'd hate to see the drama shake it up. I've got half a mind to leave some gratuity just for the fact that someone is finally doing a DSA doubleshot group buy. There's not nearly enough DSA buys!
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline pasph

« Reply #614 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 18:01:04 »
I have to make a post with my Keyboard Collection sooner or later...
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #615 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 18:06:15 »
if you'd like to discuss the ethics and morality of joining and leaving group buys, please do so in a new thread in off-topic. this thread is for discussion of this particular group buy, folks; let's please try to keep it civilized and on-topic for everyone's sanity. thanks buds.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #616 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 18:17:04 »
I have begun contacting buyers using the e-mail addresses you entered with your GH or DT user name as a back-up.  I have already found one large order where both were invalid.

Please make sure you've got one or the other correct in Matt3o's ordering system.  I am certainly not going to chase people who leave bad/fake addresses.

Thank you.

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  If the person who ordered qty 5 of several items and provided a bad AOL address actually wants the order, please send me a PM.  Otherwise I will just move along.
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #617 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 18:29:34 »
Elrick, I wasn't talking about not being able to pay. You as a native English speaker should have mastered reading comprehension better than us non-natives in English.
I was talking about unneccessary costs for us EU guys which can be avoided (and has been done in every GB on GH I participated so far).
And payment and custom declaration talk is NOT derailing this thread, as a matter of fact, you did (with gibberish nonsense about not being able to pay).

@sam
So, do you already started invoicing? Will it come as an invoice or will you provide a PP account to which we send our money?

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #618 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 19:31:44 »
We do not have final quotes from SP yet, so no I have not sent out any invoices yet.

It will probably come as a PayPal request for payment, but I am trying to see what I can do to avoid some of the pitfalls mentioned in this thread.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #619 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 19:33:49 »

I was talking about unneccessary costs for us EU guys which can be avoided (and has been done in every GB on GH I participated so far).
And payment and custom declaration talk is NOT derailing this thread, as a matter of fact, you did (with gibberish nonsense about not being able to pay).

Again, you don't like to read much of anything, but avoiding paying taxes is not something that anyone here on this Forum will comply because it's illegal.

No one here either Sam or Matt3o will place themselves into any illegalities because you want to avoid paying any justifiable taxes in your own country.

AGAIN read my posts and it says clearly that if you want to dodge paying anything which includes taxes, then go elsewhere.  No one will risk their freedom trying to help you avoid your legal obligations.

Pay up or shut up.  It's that simple.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #620 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 19:41:08 »
Let's drop this please.

EU folks are understandably frustrated with the cost increase for shipping and import taxes.  GB runners understand but their hands are tied.  End of story, yes?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #621 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 03:28:08 »
I don't want to look naive, people suck I know, but you wouldn't interact with people face to face like some of you are doing in this forum.

this passive-aggressive attitude, where you don't explicitly say "f@)!k you" but you actually imply it, is very disturbing. And the "but I didn't offend anyone" reply is even worse. In Italy we call it "to throw the stone and hide the hand", that might be the equivalent of "trolling".

Personally I'm flattered by samwisekoi's generosity. He is dedicating so much time in this thing with zero return for himself. I'm just grateful that he is willing to do what he is doing because without him we wouldn't even be talking about DSA keycaps.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #622 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 03:57:40 »
Personally I'm flattered by samwisekoi's generosity. He is dedicating so much time in this thing with zero return for himself. I'm just grateful that he is willing to do what he is doing because without him we wouldn't even be talking about DSA keycaps.

Yeah, every group buy has now resulted into this type of behaviour which is not something to be proud of.  But the good news is that you are just a few days away from ending this finally.

PLEASE know that the TINY minority who would love to de-rail this for everyone else will be ignored.  We are the ones still standing beside you and can't wait to hand over the moolah to see this Group Buy happen.

That is why a few of the old hands on here who have had the experience of running previous group buys have now stopped.  Because they faced that same type of behaviour from certain nasty individuals.  The unfortunate thing is that they are always here, you either kill the GB or you persist, that is why anyone wanting to run a Group Buy has my Greatest Respect.

Sometimes you need to develop a very hard skin and extremely toughened attitude to be here on Geekhack due to the less than sterling attitudes from reprobates trying to destroy everyone's good experience in a Group Buy.  Very sorry you had to go through that here, not all of us have that lack of moral character when it comes to showing any common decency to the Group Buy organizers.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 February 2013, 04:01:22 by Elrick »

Offline TDub

« Reply #623 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 04:52:30 »
How is anyone trying to derail this? By asking questions or complaining about the price? How does that derail anything? In the end the organizers set a price and you either pay it and get awesome caps or you don't. People have a right to ask questions about how these are shipped and how the cost is computed. In my opinion they aren't entitled to answers though (no one ever asks how a price on amazon is composed). It is super awesome though that the organizers are so open about everything and actually answer all these question.
Yes the complaining about price is annoying but complaining about the complainers is just as stupid. People get to express their opinion and concerns, that's what a forum is for, but in the end it probably won't change or "derail" anything so why get so upset about it?

Offline Larken

« Reply #624 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 05:29:36 »
Can we drop this, please?

Bottomline is, if anyone decides not to get the caps in the end for any reason, the cancel order button is right there.

If you're fine with the explanations and would like some cool DSA caps, cheers! I personally found the breakdown reasonable enough and I'll be back for retro blue if it ever happens.

Voicing your discontent isn't going to make the prices lower when its already a non-profit GB. Stuff costs money to make, go figure.

I think the first wave of queries were more or less justified, but questions and concerns have already been aired, and have been addressed by the organizers. They've already explained the final costs, including miscellany and what not. 

Now we're just arguing about arguing. Think about how off-putting this is to the GB organizers - they work their asses off to make this happen, and they're sitting through this explaining the same things over and over to different people really patiently, watching the crap fly around as they try to be mature adults. If I was any one of them, I'd be reconsidering any thought of running further buys down the road. Not speaking for them, but I doubt anyone would disagree.

What we should be doing is THANKING the organizers for a job well done (matt3o, wonderful ordering system), and for sam, who has the unenviable job of handling payment and keycap shipments.

| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline Batmann

« Reply #625 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 05:44:54 »
That's already been discussed somewhere but I can't seem to find the answer,
can we arrange combine shipping with klaxon if tj agrees?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #626 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 06:16:32 »
That's already been discussed somewhere but I can't seem to find the answer,
can we arrange combine shipping with klaxon if tj agrees?

sure, if he agrees. If you want to proceed that way send me a PM and I'll let you know your total without shipping

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #627 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 07:06:56 »
Add your Country!

Please remember to add your country to the address!

This is also true for American residents (and some French)

Use one of the following: USA, U.S.A., United States, United States of America (please don't add !!! at the end)
Uppercase or lowercase, it doesn't matter. Don't use US

If you don't add your country you will be billed international shipping! Orders will be human checked but would be nice to have a 99.9% reliable result.

Thanks

Offline luckynet

« Reply #628 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 07:28:50 »
send me my invoice...NOW!!!
Realforce 104U - HHKB Pro 2 dental band - HHKB Pro 2 Hasu's bluetooth controller - CM novatouch silent mod - Royal Kludge Topre clones
Filco Magestouch 2 Brown - Duckyshine 9008s Brown - QFR white - Plum MX 96 Blue - KBT Race Red - SS 7G Black - Poker blue - ducky shine 69
IBM Model M SSK
Matias quiet pro - V60 matias clicky

Offline Lighthouse1

« Reply #629 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 08:03:47 »
Checked and double checked email address...would you mind confirming once you think you have contacted everyone in case emails have ended up in the junk folder etc and been overlooked?

Thanks

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #630 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 08:23:23 »
Matt3o: I know it is too late for orders, but was thinking, if there are any people that withdrew their ordwrs or dont want to pay or any bits that will be left after all orders sent out- would you be able to let us know here so maybe someone interested could pick up left overs?:-)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #631 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 08:38:29 »
Matt3o: I know it is too late for orders, but was thinking, if there are any people that withdrew their ordwrs or dont want to pay or any bits that will be left after all orders sent out- would you be able to let us know here so maybe someone interested could pick up left overs?:-)

If someone wants to drop, should post it here so someone else could take his/hers slot.

If someone won't pay the invoice (very very unfortunate situation) and you are interested I'll put you first in line to replace him/her.

Please note that this set will be available from many vendors soon.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 February 2013, 08:40:21 by Matt3o »

Offline cyclonechuah

« Reply #632 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 08:38:55 »
i've remove my orders to merge with kaiserreich for shipping it into malaysia. btw, thanks for this awesome groupbuy.

Offline dreamingftw

« Reply #633 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 10:24:58 »
I accidentally cleared my cookies and didn't save the order number. Is there any way for you to PM me my order ID so I double check for country? Should be USA. Thanks.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #634 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 21:10:26 »
Couldn't help myself.  Readjusted my order for MORE of them.

I think I'm going to need the big FAT box for this order.........  ;)

Offline wasabah

« Reply #635 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 21:35:51 »
Lol, where are you putting all those?! :D
Are you planning to make a key cap wallpaper or something? :D
ErgoDox Classic | Logitech G400 | Logitech Marble | Logitech M570 | Logitech M235 | Logitech M305

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #636 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 22:12:40 »
Lol, where are you putting all those?! :D
Are you planning to make a key cap wallpaper or something? :D

Yep, they're all going on the ceiling.  Just so I can appreciate how beautiful these key-caps truly are.  ;D    I'm going to make something like the Sistine Chapel in Rome.

Matt3o really out did himself with this design, even Michelangelo would be jealous.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 February 2013, 22:16:17 by Elrick »

Offline jinhan108

« Reply #637 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 23:17:14 »
Hi, am merging my order with Kaiserrich for shipping purposes. Thanks!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #638 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 03:01:31 »
Last day to review and modify your order!

Tomorrow we sill start invoicing!

Cancel your order now or forever hold your peace.

All incomplete or "weird" orders (you know who you are) will be removed!

Please understand that if you confirm your order now but you don't pay the invoice, all the community is paying for your keycaps... and actually we have such a small buffer that if more than a few is not going to pay, samwisekoi is paying from his very own wallet!
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 February 2013, 03:15:31 by Matt3o »

Offline wasabah

« Reply #639 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 05:14:20 »
Yep, they're all going on the ceiling.  Just so I can appreciate how beautiful these key-caps truly are.  ;D    I'm going to make something like the Sistine Chapel in Rome.
I knew it!! :D
ErgoDox Classic | Logitech G400 | Logitech Marble | Logitech M570 | Logitech M235 | Logitech M305

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #640 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 06:44:45 »
Matt3o really out did himself with this design, even Michelangelo would be jealous.

ohmy, I missed this one.

don't say heresies :) Michelangelo's tomb is close to my house (reference)... don't want him to wake up and slap my face with a brush.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #641 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 08:18:59 »
Please understand that if you confirm your order now but you don't pay the invoice, all the community is paying for your keycaps... and actually we have such a small buffer that if more than a few is not going to pay, samwisekoi is paying from his very own wallet!
if necessary, geekhack and i will also chip in.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #642 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 09:50:09 »
Nobody should lose money on a group buy unless there was incompetence, lack of planning or some other problem. That certainly is NOT the issue here. I am with kawa if it would ever come to something needed done here.

John

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #643 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 10:20:52 »
any update on the DSA left stem stepped capslock?
Keyboardless

Offline CeeSA

« Reply #644 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 10:46:59 »
order clearly reduced, sry guys.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #645 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 10:53:53 »
Hey there excited people!

I see that the USPS wants fixed-price shipments out of the US to weigh under 4 pounds.  I didn't mention it before because that is something like 1800 keycaps.

I don't think it will matter to anyone buying for personal use -- unless you are trying to cover a ceiling or something!

Anyhow, if this affects anyone more than trivially, I'll let you know when shipping comes.

Just an FYI,

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #646 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 11:11:14 »
any update on the DSA left stem stepped capslock?

matt3o on Deskthority:

it is available but we need the release to use it. I don't have it yet, I hope next week. Otherwise we will start production anyway and I'll have SP make the tooling ready for next round.

:)

Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #647 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 11:30:16 »
Also, to those who have already expressed interest as well as anyone who will be in the San Francisco Bay Area when the keycaps roll in:

Showing up in Mt. View and helping sort and ship will get your shipping fees reimbursed.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #648 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 13:34:40 »
I will try to help out with the sorting if familial obligations allow.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #649 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 14:48:13 »
Guys, anyone from UK ordered something here and willing to add few kits for me too? I would of course pay my bits, vat, customs, delivery... I can't believe I didn't think about that before... kinda last minute request;)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::