Author Topic: The Vape Thread!  (Read 462278 times)

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
Re: The Vape Thread!
« Reply #500 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 19:46:11 »

hey dudes,
ill be doing a small run of rewrapped sony VTC5's and Samsung 25R's in a KWK mummy design.

Im gonna do 10 of each battery. PM me if interested

cheers!
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline raymogi

« Reply #501 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 19:49:06 »
Show Image

hey dudes,
ill be doing a small run of rewrapped sony VTC5's and Samsung 25R's in a KWK mummy design.

cheers!

I don't vape anymore but I need this!
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #502 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 20:04:17 »
**** too bad you can't ship batteries across border UGHHH
I love Elzy

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #503 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 20:15:15 »
Show Image

hey dudes,

cheers!
For sure going to buy some. They'll go in whatever box I buy.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #504 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 20:29:23 »
Show Image

hey dudes,

cheers!
omfg I just bought a pack of 4 25r's today and pd you know my fandom reaches stupid heights when it comes to your work where can I sign IN BLOOD

On a more serious note what an awesome idea and also a greatway to pimp out your mod!!!!

And on another serious note been without a smoke and or urge for what seems like long time. Thanks PD for posting your experience as who knows how long it would have taken me to get into it otherwise  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #505 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 20:45:19 »
So I'm still a bit of a newb when it comes to vaping but I've identified some juices that I like and have a set up that works pretty well for me. I haven't gotten into the rda's really yet. I started with an ego one. Then my buddy sent me a subox mini right after I purchSed a evic mini (ughh I know joyetech much 8(...) I use the ego for when I'm at work and the evic mini when im at home. I have been using .05 atomizer prefurbs as I stated before I haven't started tinkering too much but I'm really enjoying it. I see pd and a few other people here use a sieg 150w which might be my next purchase but on to the juice !!

So I have identified I like sweet tobacco flavors for all day use and dig creamier juices after work as kind of a treat. I have been using Revolutions broadway as my all day vape and really like it. Its a tobacco flavored 8mg nic 70\30 blend I think and is a caramel vanilla tobacco very smooth however I have been trying to find other tobacco flavors and wondering what other people use.

For my after work juice I had been using unicorn milk from cuttwpod I think but I was recommended milkman and another one mothers milk however they are a bit pricy.

I'm trying to find some good juices in some giant econo bottled like mount baker does (260ml or something crazy like that)but my first experience with them hasn't been a great one. My first shipment is almost 10 days late.

Does anyone have any other companies or brand's they like that sell in bulk ?

Sorry for the wall of text and thanks for all the support  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #506 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 20:51:29 »
So I'm still a bit of a newb when it comes to vaping but I've identified some juices that I like and have a set up that works pretty well for me. I haven't gotten into the rda's really yet. I started with an ego one. Then my buddy sent me a subox mini right after I purchSed a evic mini (ughh I know joyetech much 8(...) I use the ego for when I'm at work and the evic mini when im at home. I have been using .05 atomizer prefurbs as I stated before I haven't started tinkering too much but I'm really enjoying it. I see pd and a few other people here use a sieg 150w which might be my next purchase but on to the juice !!

So I have identified I like sweet tobacco flavors for all day use and dig creamier juices after work as kind of a treat. I have been using Revolutions broadway as my all day vape and really like it. Its a tobacco flavored 8mg nic 70\30 blend I think and is a caramel vanilla tobacco very smooth however I have been trying to find other tobacco flavors and wondering what other people use.

For my after work juice I had been using unicorn milk from cuttwpod I think but I was recommended milkman and another one mothers milk however they are a bit pricy.

I'm trying to find some good juices in some giant econo bottled like mount baker does (260ml or something crazy like that)but my first experience with them hasn't been a great one. My first shipment is almost 10 days late.

Sorry for the wall of text and thanks for all the support  :thumb:

I've got the evic mini recently too :D

I'm currently vaping on some stuff made at a local shop. Since I like tropical and fruity stuff, I've got this 70/30 mix of pomegranate, blueberry, and vanilla ice cream. Tasty stuff
I love Elzy

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #507 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 20:54:04 »
Show Image

hey dudes,

cheers!

I stopped vaping but I want this so bad.  Damn it, Punks. @___@

I can't help you in regards to selling in bulk but here are two juices that Bunny and I both dig.  I turned him on to one and he introduced me to the other.  White E. Octupus Bavarian Cream and Epiclouds Doughnut Pounder.  Dunno if you've tried either but they pretty nom nom tasty.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #508 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 20:59:37 »
Show Image

hey dudes,

cheers!
If I still vaped I would totally jump on this, that's just awesome punk! :thumb:

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #509 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 21:06:03 »
Show Image

hey dudes,

cheers!

I stopped vaping but I want this so bad.  Damn it, Punks. @___@

I can't help you in regards to selling in bulk but here are two juices that Bunny and I both dig.  I turned him on to one and he introduced me to the other.  White E. Octupus Bavarian Cream and Epiclouds Doughnut Pounder.  Dunno if you've tried either but they pretty nom nom tasty.
ahhh thanks sent always looking out  :thumb:

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #510 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 21:15:36 »
Look into gravity vapes, charmed vapors, infinity vapors (through uvapez.com), three dukes and moose juice.

The evic mini is a hecka nice, better than the subox in my mind.  I wouldn't worry too much about RBAs and **** either.  The slightly better experience isn't worth the hassle in my mind.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #511 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 21:27:13 »
Look into gravity vapes, charmed vapors, infinity vapors (through uvapez.com), three dukes and moose juice.

The evic mini is a hecka nice, better than the subox in my mind.  I wouldn't worry too much about RBAs and **** either.  The slightly better experience isn't worth the hassle in my mind.

can I taste your moose juice lennyface
I love Elzy

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #512 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 14:50:30 »

picked up some of the new OOC Atom Vapes Kanger replacement coils for the Subtank,

highly recommend for lazy days! i was a bit bugged the clapton isnt on the entire wire :( but its nice actually getting a warm vape out of the Subtank without frying my wick.  :thumb:

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #513 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 01:08:07 »
This is my daily for work and carry! I work at a vape shop and love it!

Shameless plug: Follow me on Instagram! I post a lot of vaping pics and my face!
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #514 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 15:38:37 »
Anyone know any interesting vertical coils? I feel like rebuilding my 454 today.

Show Image

Wrap 22g 6 times and bend it over from the middle .2-.18 for dual coil. Love this build PITA to wick

Holy crap these coils chuck! I only did single coil but it's a pretty warm dense vape. By single I mean only one sided so 2 coils I guess?
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #515 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 19:44:31 »
Just ordered a uwell crown.... It has an RBA add on in case I want to get into that so I'm pretty damn excited for it to get here. Can someone explain to me the benefit of wrapping your own coils. From what I can tell its cheaper and you can customize it with materials you prefer and adjust your build to produce more vapor or flavor. For example the pre fabbed joyetech .5 ohm coils feel like they only last about a week of steady vaping before flavor and everything else goes to ****. I have been reading the prefabbed ones in the crown can last up to a month  :eek: however they are stainless steel and that sounds well for lack of better words unhealthy.

There is so much to learn and experiment with its a little mind boggling even a couple weeks into it now. I am probably going to have to upgrade my build now as the evic mini sounds like it might struggle with the crown depending on which coils i use.

Sorry I am a bit scattered but like I said still learning and haven't been so excited about a hobby since well keyboards  :))

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #516 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 21:28:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

picked up some of the new OOC Atom Vapes Kanger replacement coils for the Subtank,

highly recommend for lazy days! i was a bit bugged the clapton isnt on the entire wire :( but its nice actually getting a warm vape out of the Subtank without frying my wick.  :thumb:
those wicking holes look huge  :p

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #517 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 12:19:35 »

Show Image

Show Image

those wicking holes look huge  :p

Yeah I've got a subtank too, that a just how they are. Wonder how third party coils are like though
I love Elzy

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #518 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 12:49:24 »
Just ordered a uwell crown.... It has an RBA add on in case I want to get into that so I'm pretty damn excited for it to get here. Can someone explain to me the benefit of wrapping your own coils. From what I can tell its cheaper and you can customize it with materials you prefer and adjust your build to produce more vapor or flavor. For example the pre fabbed joyetech .5 ohm coils feel like they only last about a week of steady vaping before flavor and everything else goes to ****. I have been reading the prefabbed ones in the crown can last up to a month  :eek: however they are stainless steel and that sounds well for lack of better words unhealthy.

There is so much to learn and experiment with its a little mind boggling even a couple weeks into it now. I am probably going to have to upgrade my build now as the evic mini sounds like it might struggle with the crown depending on which coils i use.

Sorry I am a bit scattered but like I said still learning and haven't been so excited about a hobby since well keyboards  :))
Coil Master V3. They're like $22 and it makes wrapping your own coils stupid simple and you will save so much money vs buying prebuilt. and you can wick your own organic cotton instead of using whatever that rayon blend stuff in the pre-builts is. Jigs range from 1.5mm to 4mm so you can makes coils to fit whatever.

I use an eVic VT (60W) and it handles my RDAs just fine. I just recently got one of those Velocity clones from Slowttech and I'm loving it - although it goes through eJuice like mad, so I gotta make sure I put it down once in a while (blew through a 30Ml bottle in 3 days, good grief). Pro-tip on the Velocity, spend extra, get the 1:1 clone by Tobecco; phillips head screws suck at staying put.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #519 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 13:14:55 »

Coil Master V3. They're like $22 and it makes wrapping your own coils stupid simple and you will save so much money vs buying prebuilt. and you can wick your own organic cotton instead of using whatever that rayon blend stuff in the pre-builts is. Jigs range from 1.5mm to 4mm so you can makes coils to fit whatever.

I use an eVic VT (60W) and it handles my RDAs just fine. I just recently got one of those Velocity clones from Slowttech and I'm loving it - although it goes through eJuice like mad, so I gotta make sure I put it down once in a while (blew through a 30Ml bottle in 3 days, good grief). Pro-tip on the Velocity, spend extra, get the 1:1 clone by Tobecco; phillips head screws suck at staying put.

1.  the stainless in the crown is food grade, so it's probably the healthiest thing you coil use to combust liquid.  Also, I'm a big fan of the crown, probably my fav tank overall, but I have 4 of the tfv4, so I don't use it full time.  I would be unsurprised if each coil last a month or more with normal use.
2. even pre-man coils are using OCC nowadays.  I can't think of a modern subtank that doesn't use an OCC stuffed coil, honestly.
3. Yes, it's still cheaper to wrap your own coils (esp if you pick up a spool of food grade stainless on amazon), but the downside for the little rba decks in any of the subtanks is it limits your building options because of the deck size. 

I really like my tobecco velocity, but I really dislike dripping juice every 3 - 6 toots, so I'm thinking about just going back to tanks only.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #520 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 13:56:26 »
So the uwell should work well with the evic ? Thats good to hear I'm a bit short on funds so I can't afford to really make any mistakes in my vaping fund. Its not uncommon for me to rip 2/3 to 1 15ml bottle on days off from work haha

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #521 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 18:16:08 »
So the uwell should work well with the evic ? Thats good to hear I'm a bit short on funds so I can't afford to really make any mistakes in my vaping fund. Its not uncommon for me to rip 2/3 to 1 15ml bottle on days off from work haha

It should work just fine.  I run around 100w on mine, but I like a extremely warm/hot vape compared to most.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #522 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 18:44:58 »

It should work just fine.  I run around 100w on mine, but I like a extremely warm/hot vape compared to most.

god 100 wtf
I love Elzy

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #526 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 14:11:09 »
I now understand the e-juice price strug, I had no clue how fast you fly through juice vaping all day.  :-X

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #527 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 14:59:18 »
So i just discovered this thread after talking with hoz about vaping. I was a long time smoker who has tried to stop cold turkey, but even months later i still get massive craving and what i can only describe as withdrawal headaches. So i thought instead of going back to cigarettes, i would give vaping a try. My biggest problem, im not sure where to start, or even honestly how it works.

I looked through a bit of this thread, and tried to understand what i need and the headed over to a website i found called myvaporstore.com and found an MVP 3.0 and a Subtank Mini. Would this be a good starting set up and is there anything else i may be missing? What about juice, where do you recommended buying from and what would be some good ones for a beginner?
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #528 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 15:06:17 »
So i just discovered this thread after talking with hoz about vaping. I was a long time smoker who has tried to stop cold turkey, but even months later i still get massive craving and what i can only describe as withdrawal headaches. So i thought instead of going back to cigarettes, i would give vaping a try. My biggest problem, im not sure where to start, or even honestly how it works.

I looked through a bit of this thread, and tried to understand what i need and the headed over to a website i found called myvaporstore.com and found an MVP 3.0 and a Subtank Mini. Would this be a good starting set up and is there anything else i may be missing? What about juice, where do you recommended buying from and what would be some good ones for a beginner?
I started with a joytech ego one which is a own style (tube shaped) and even though it has a sub ohm battery (powerful ) I regretted it. I now use my evic mini and the subox mini mostly. I recommend going to one of the vaping websites and reading up on beginning vaping it really helped me as well as some members here. Between the juices and different kits tanks boxes and mods it can be overwhelming I can't express how glad I was that i took the time to read up and ask for advice

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #529 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 15:07:33 »
A nice member here sent me some homemade juice for free and decided to surprise me by throwing in a free RDA! I'll talk about the juice after I've had some time to vape it. Not sure what the RDA is but it has a pretty huge build platform that looks like it'll fit a larger clapton. I'll hopefully have time to build it later this week.

113678-0

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #530 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 00:25:39 »

I started with a joytech ego one which is a own style (tube shaped) and even though it has a sub ohm battery (powerful ) I regretted it. I now use my evic mini and the subox mini mostly. I recommend going to one of the vaping websites and reading up on beginning vaping it really helped me as well as some members here. Between the juices and different kits tanks boxes and mods it can be overwhelming I can't express how glad I was that i took the time to read up and ask for advice

Well Sed, i took your advice and spent a good amount of time watching videos and reading some stuff. So deicded to jump in and i got the Joyetech evic starter pack, a subox mini and a few different juices and im going to give it all a try.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #531 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 00:26:14 »

Well Sed, i took your advice and spent a good amount of time watching videos and reading some stuff. So deicded to jump in and i got the Joyetech evic starter pack, a subox mini and a few different juices and im going to give it all a try.

Good plan

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #532 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 00:28:29 »

Good plan

i figure it might be a bit more advanced then a beginner would normally go. But as with keyboards, I'm not one to start off small and work my way up.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #533 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 02:05:06 »
A nice member here sent me some homemade juice for free and decided to surprise me by throwing in a free RDA! I'll talk about the juice after I've had some time to vape it. Not sure what the RDA is but it has a pretty huge build platform that looks like it'll fit a larger clapton. I'll hopefully have time to build it later this week.

(Attachment Link)

that juice looks yummy. Looks like a velocity RDA they are so hot right now

Jealous!

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #534 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 12:50:18 »
GONE
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 October 2015, 13:35:09 by PunksDead »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #535 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 13:38:27 »
Show Image

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68205.msg1616575#msg1616575
I was looking at the tug rda's and mods and they look sick they even have cerakote lol they are a bit pricy but they look AMAZING especially with your kult battery skins  :eek: need to get me some of that kwk swagger  ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 October 2015, 05:34:25 by Sed8op8 »

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #536 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 13:44:03 »
i figure it might be a bit more advanced then a beginner would normally go. But as with keyboards, I'm not one to start off small and work my way up.

Nothing wrong with that. I've somehow converted 6 people so far, and all but one went with a Subox Mini as their first kit (and they love it!). The OCC coils make it real easy for beginners, and as long as you're buying a proper battery, you shouldn't have any issues.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 October 2015, 13:51:03 by dgneo »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #537 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 15:11:26 »

Good plan

i figure it might be a bit more advanced then a beginner would normally go. But as with keyboards, I'm not one tuo start off small and work my way up.
dude I just started my evic in power mode where you adjust wattage and I 💘 it haven't even craved a cig vaping 6-8mg juice anything stronger tastes a lol peppery to me but the 12mg wasnt too bad....congrats tree no more headaches and stinky clothes 8)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #538 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 15:39:00 »

(Attachment Link)

Jealous!

Prepping to wrap a clapton for it right now!

The juice is awesome, subtile fruity pastryish flavor with a creamy aftertaste.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #539 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 09:57:40 »
Wow I can't believe I didn't know of this site before   http://www.ejuicedirect.com/   I got a 180ml bottle of one hit wonders Milk Man for $49 with priority shipping it has most name brand juices and a really killer selection for cheaper then just about anywhere I have seen ! Use this code at checkout for $5 off your first order: 1556147653

« Last Edit: Thu, 15 October 2015, 10:05:48 by Sed8op8 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #540 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 01:38:20 »

(Attachment Link)

Jealous!

definitely a velocity...

so I just learned that there's melatonin infused juice out there... most ppl know I have terrible sleep problems so I might give it a shot :o
I love Elzy

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #541 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 02:15:01 »
so I just learned that there's melatonin infused juice out there... most ppl know I have terrible sleep problems so I might give it a shot :o

Hmm.  Never heard of this.  Will have to try.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Xiltyn

« Reply #542 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 02:21:18 »
My tank:
https://www.wetvapes.com/index.php/obs-t-vct-sub-ohm-tank.html    ;D

My juice source:
http://upnvape.myshopify.com/  :)

Was a smoker for 30+ years so very glad to have an alternative without all the tar or nasty smell.
Can't stand the taste of cigs anymore either.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #543 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 22:12:22 »
Hi all, so my eVic VT came in today and I was super eager to jump right in to try it!

So I bought the eVic VT starter kit and a Kangertech Subox mini tank, along with Cosmic Fog "Milk & Honey", Mr Good Vape "Bahama Mama" and Beard Vape Co "# 88".

So to start I loaded up the eGo ONE Mega tank, that the starter kit comes with, with the "Milk & Honey". I let it soak in for a minute or two, and then went in for my first hit/puff/rip/draw. Sweet on the inhale and creamy on the exhale, it was smooth and I was able to take a nice long draw on my first try. I used this for most of the day and it was great, the 6mg nicotine level seemed perfect, not too much that i couldn't take a few hits continually and not too little that i felt like i had to hit it 10 times just to feel satisfied.

So far i love that combo.

My weird issue comes when I got home that night. I wanted to try the Subox, so i opened it up and filled it with the "bahama mama", then screwed it on the eVic and told it that it was a new atomizer. i went to take the first puff and it was STRONG, very very thick and i immediately started coughing. It was way too thick and 'hot'? if i had to explain it. Messing around with my box i turned the power WAY down to around 15w and it seems better but still seems much harsher than the eGo set on 30w & 350F. Any tips on what i may be doing wrong?

But so far, I'm very very happy with my purchase  :thumb:

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #544 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 22:59:56 »
Hi all, so my eVic VT came in today and I was super eager to jump right in to try it!

So I bought the eVic VT starter kit and a Kangertech Subox mini tank, along with Cosmic Fog "Milk & Honey", Mr Good Vape "Bahama Mama" and Beard Vape Co "# 88".

So to start I loaded up the eGo ONE Mega tank, that the starter kit comes with, with the "Milk & Honey". I let it soak in for a minute or two, and then went in for my first hit/puff/rip/draw. Sweet on the inhale and creamy on the exhale, it was smooth and I was able to take a nice long draw on my first try. I used this for most of the day and it was great, the 6mg nicotine level seemed perfect, not too much that i couldn't take a few hits continually and not too little that i felt like i had to hit it 10 times just to feel satisfied.

So far i love that combo.

My weird issue comes when I got home that night. I wanted to try the Subox, so i opened it up and filled it with the "bahama mama", then screwed it on the eVic and told it that it was a new atomizer. i went to take the first puff and it was STRONG, very very thick and i immediately started coughing. It was way too thick and 'hot'? if i had to explain it. Messing around with my box i turned the power WAY down to around 15w and it seems better but still seems much harsher than the eGo set on 30w & 350F. Any tips on what i may be doing wrong?

But so far, I'm very very happy with my purchase  :thumb:

Do you have the nickel coil inside the Subtank? If so, you have to lock in the resistance. With temperature control it is vital to lock in the resistance when screwing on a new atomizer (whether it be rebuildable or a new coil head for a tank) or else the resistance will jump and overshoot on temperature and wattage. If you don't have the nickel coil inside the Subtank and it is the 0.5 ohm coil, you must switch to power mode and set it to the desired wattage (ideally 25-30 watts...anymore would either give you a burn hit from the start or burn out the coil faster).

Source: Helping several customers with the same issue.
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #545 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 23:35:36 »

Do you have the nickel coil inside the Subtank? If so, you have to lock in the resistance. With temperature control it is vital to lock in the resistance when screwing on a new atomizer (whether it be rebuildable or a new coil head for a tank) or else the resistance will jump and overshoot on temperature and wattage. If you don't have the nickel coil inside the Subtank and it is the 0.5 ohm coil, you must switch to power mode and set it to the desired wattage (ideally 25-30 watts...anymore would either give you a burn hit from the start or burn out the coil faster).

Source: Helping several customers with the same issue.

It originally had the .5ohm on it out of the box. Locking the resistance didnt seem to change much and after more then a half a second of holding the 'fire' button it would auto-switch to power control mode. I tried switching over to the 1.5ohm coil that comes in the box, and it seems to be the same thing. Way to strong with resistance locked and auto-switching to power control mode after more than half a second. It also seems to be making a hissing & popping sound when hitting the fire button.

I feel like im just missing something.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #546 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 00:58:33 »
Are they nickel coils though.. if it isn't the VT auto detects and will change back to regular power mode. Otherwise I have heard of a defect in certain VT units that'll just not properly detect and kick you out of temp control mode.

edit: or maybe I'm thinking of a different device but I'm positive that the VT has an issue where it keeps switching you out of temp mode.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 October 2015, 01:01:58 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #547 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 14:58:08 »
Are they nickel coils though.. if it isn't the VT auto detects and will change back to regular power mode. Otherwise I have heard of a defect in certain VT units that'll just not properly detect and kick you out of temp control mode.

edit: or maybe I'm thinking of a different device but I'm positive that the VT has an issue where it keeps switching you out of temp mode.

It does if you build a coil too low for temp control mode.

Considering the ni200 coils only come in .15ohm and he's talking .5, it sounds like he's trying to use kanthal in temp control which is why it's kicking into wattage mode.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #548 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 15:02:39 »

It does if you build a coil too low for temp control mode.

Considering the ni200 coils only come in .15ohm and he's talking .5, it sounds like he's trying to use kanthal in temp control which is why it's kicking into wattage mode.

ya that's what I was thinking...
I love Elzy

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #549 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 18:54:58 »
I guess I don't really know. I need to spend some more time looking in to it. It doesn't specifically say it's nickel, unlike the coils that came with the MEGA which are labeled with both the ohm ratings and the material ni vs ti

It came with a .5 coil installed and had an extra 1.5 and RDA coil. I had originally left the .5 in it.

Even using in wattage mode it makes a popping and hissing is that common? Perhaps I should record what I'm talking about.