Author Topic: Where to get Clacks?  (Read 12232 times)

Offline jjanssen1

Where to get Clacks?
« on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 03:48:58 »
Hi all,
I am thinking of building a 60% keyboard sometime in the near future and was wondering where I could get an Octoberfest or candy corn clack for my esc key and how much it would cost.
Cheers
-Joshua
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Where to get Clacks?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 03:52:22 »
Hi all,
I am thinking of building a 60% keyboard sometime in the near future and was wondering where I could get an Octoberfest or candy corn clack for my esc key and how much it would cost.
Cheers
-Joshua

Finding one is already a challenge, let alone the price
Sometime it comes up on classifieds, ebay or reddit

but prepare you wallet :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 05:28:09 »
Hi all,
Cheers
-Joshua

Finding one is already a challenge, let alone the price
Sometime it comes up on classifieds, ebay or reddit

but prepare you wallet :)

Thanks for your help  :)
I will check around and hopefully something might come up.
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline need

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 05:31:59 »
It would cost you one arm and a leg.

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 05:36:18 »
It would cost you one arm and a leg.
Well in that case I might have to practice typing with one hand  :))
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 05:37:55 »
give n00d to clack

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 05:41:53 »
give n00d to clack
I wonder if that would work?
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 07:07:43 »
I'll be surprised if it costs you less than the keyboard, put it that way.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 07:08:25 »
depends what keyboard
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 07:30:53 »
depends what keyboard
Fair enough.
Is there anyone who makes keys similar to clacks?
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline need

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 07:58:35 »
depends what keyboard
Fair enough.
K3KC...They are specialized in counterfeiting.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 08:04:07 »
depends what keyboard
Fair enough.

Start browsing the Making Stuff Together and Artisan sections of the forum. TONS of cap makers to choose from.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 08:20:40 »
Here's something.

Due to social/religious beliefs in China, organ donation is frowned upon. So there are very few people who donate their organs when they die. Thus creating a situation of supply and demand for organs within China. Now there is this group of religious people known as Falun Gong which was brought about in the 90's by the PRC. The group was popular for a little while and they were just another group of many in China but since then have become extremely discriminated against and often are the victims of organ harvesting, where they are basically kidnapped and get their organs cut out against their will and sold to the black market for **** loads of money.

Here's where you come in. This organ harvesting practice is really horrible and shouldn't happen, so I propose to you this.

Donate one of your kidneys for lots of money and send it to China to help close the gap of supply and demand where you make lots of money and by helping reduce this gap, you make it less necessary for the Falun Gong to be targeted for their organs.

If you ask me you will be considered a really good person for doing so and with all that money you could probably buy yourself a heap of clacks and a korean custom or two
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 May 2016, 08:22:16 by jaffers »

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 08:27:13 »
Here's something.

Due to social/religious beliefs in China, organ donation is frowned upon. So there are very few people who donate their organs when they die. Thus creating a situation of supply and demand for organs within China. Now there is this group of religious people known as Falun Gong which was brought about in the 90's by the PRC. The group was popular for a little while and they were just another group of many in China but since then have become extremely discriminated against and often are the victims of organ harvesting, where they are basically kidnapped and get their organs cut out against their will and sold to the black market for **** loads of money.

Here's where you come in. This organ harvesting practice is really horrible and shouldn't happen, so I propose to you this.

Donate one of your kidneys for lots of money and send it to China to help close the gap of supply and demand where you make lots of money and by helping reduce this gap, you make it less necessary for the Falun Gong to be targeted for their organs.

If you ask me you will be considered a really good person for doing so and with all that money you could probably buy yourself a heap of clacks and a korean custom or two
I seriously can not tell if you are serious or not right now?
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline jaffers

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 08:36:09 »
Here's something.

This is clacks we are talking about here, I'm super serious

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 08:37:19 »
Here's something.

This is clacks we are talking about here, I'm super serious
True
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 09:41:15 »
Josh, there was a time when I had 2 of almost every clacks that I own (2 in MX, 2 in Topre, etc) but since it has become a commodity here at GH, I started giving the extra ones away (some on a trade).  If I have extras I would gladly send them your way.  :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 May 2016, 09:44:10 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 09:56:13 »
Josh, there was a time when I had 2 of almost every clacks that I own (2 in MX, 2 in Topre, etc) but since it has become a commodity here at GH, I started giving the extra ones away (some on a trade).  If I have extras I would gladly send them your way.  :)
brb making a thread like this
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 09:56:37 »

Traded with reaper once, gained eternal life, 10/10 would do again

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 10:00:21 »

Haha thanks for inviting me when you went and had lunch with Sherry and demik.  >:D

;)
Din Eli

Offline Malenky

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 13:39:27 »
I would definitely look into some other artisans, there are loads of really great makers, and it's a good idea support up and coming artisans in an already niche community. Clacks are great, but at this point I feel like they're more of a status symbol than anything, considering the price they go for.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 21:51:05 »
There's the Clack valuation thread where you can weep over the price of secondhand Clacks.

On rare occasions they will appear in classifieds, although more people are listing them on eBay where they usually sell for absurdly high prices.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 22:06:08 »

Haha thanks for inviting me when you went and had lunch with Sherry and demik.  >:D

;)

I didn't know you were still around

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 22:07:01 »

;)

Show Image

I'm always around.
Din Eli

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 22:19:00 »

;)

Show Image

I'm always around.
Show Image

We didn't have lunch. It was dinner :)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 22:20:40 »

;)

Show Image

I'm always around.
Show Image

When you're back, we'll do lunch.  I want some Korean BBQ.  ;D
Din Eli

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 22:46:34 »
Thanks, that would be awesome :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 May 2016, 22:48:47 by jjanssen1 »
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 22:53:29 »

;)

Show Image

I'm always around.
Show Image

When you're back, we'll do lunch.  I want some Korean BBQ.  ;D

Deal! And bring all the HOS! ;)

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 22:54:55 »

RIP reaper's inbox

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 23:04:56 »

RIP reaper's inbox
What?
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 23:20:54 »

RIP reaper's inbox
What?

because he mentioned that he has given clacks away in the past, he's probably receiving many pm's from people

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 23:28:06 »

RIP reaper's inbox
What?

because he mentioned that he has given clacks away in the past, he's probably receiving many pm's from people
Ohhhh
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 23:33:14 »

RIP reaper's inbox
What?

I already sent him seven!!

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 23:34:51 »

RIP reaper's inbox
What?

all HO related i'm sure :3

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 00:03:12 »

RIP reaper's inbox
What?

all HO related i'm sure :3

Of course! I always need more :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 05:43:06 »
I still haven't got an all-yellow Clack :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 05:49:58 »

first world problems, rowdy

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 15:10:50 »
Donate plasma twice a week for five months and the Clack Fairy will place a Clack under your pillow! :blank:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 21:50:00 »

first world problems, rowdy

I know, I know.  Doesn't make it any easier though.

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 15:24:12 »
Donate plasma twice a week for five months and the Clack Fairy will place a Clack under your pillow! :blank:

Dude, I found out they give you 50 bucks for plasma where I live.  So many junkies and homeless there...
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 21:39:05 »

Dude, I found out they give you 50 bucks for plasma where I live.  So many junkies and homeless there...

50 dolla is 50 dolla..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 22:20:05 »

50 dolla is 50 dolla..

Variety is the spice of life!

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 14:11:38 »
I dunno man, it's not that hard is it? I don't really have any trouble

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 15:53:25 »

Show Image

that's like a thousand clacks holy **** wanna talk about it
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 16:01:18 »

Show Image

That key on the top right that looks like beer is really cool.

Biking is fun.

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 18:58:08 »

Show Image

Wow.
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 19:05:20 »

Show Image

that's like a thousand clacks holy **** wanna talk about it

Do you have a moment to talk about it?

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 23:28:13 »

Show Image

Not that hard ... especially for those who were around when Clacks sold in EK store for $18 and took weeks to sell out ;)

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 23:52:06 »

Show Image

Woah are you the real sealpc?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 19:24:06 »

Show Image

What's that looker between the OG Tri and the Milk Blue, and how many handij's would you trade for it?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 19:55:37 »

Show Image

Not that hard ... especially for those who were around when Clacks sold in EK store for $18 and took weeks to sell out ;)

Holy guacamole they must have needed at least six months of production time to make that happen

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 22:24:00 »
from the Clack Factory?

:rolleyes:

Offline tung91

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 18:33:23 »

Show Image

woww  :eek:

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 22:27:16 »

Show Image

BRB changing my pants
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 23:03:35 »

Show Image

BRB changing my pants

Me too.
Din Eli

Offline zephyr11

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 22:32:06 »

Show Image

this is just wrong, even though I don't know exactly how much those are but whichever way it is just WRONG!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: