Author Topic: Akko lavender purple basic review  (Read 4073 times)

Offline HeadlessHorseman

• Kiwis have it tougher than you
    • My yt channel
Akko lavender purple basic review
« on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 15:34:55 »
I’ve been using Akko lavender purples for about a year now as it is my first (and only) keeb.
I can only comment on the reliability of the switches as I don’t have much of a frame of reference to other switches.
The problem I’ve had with the akkos is that I’ve had to replace them fairly commonly as they would stop working randomly without much use on them. I’ve heard that other users have had similar issues with their switches but other than that they are good affordable switches.

Offline HungerMechanic

Re: Akko lavender purple basic review
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 19:00:01 »
Unfortunately, those particular switches and their Ocean Blue companions are known to have the issues you describe.

I am not sure if this applies to the latest Cream Blue Pro V3 and similarly-new Purple release.

I would not recommend using the original Lavender Purple or Ocean Blue tactiles in any builds.

Offline HeadlessHorseman

• Kiwis have it tougher than you
    • My yt channel
Re: Akko lavender purple basic review
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 21:59:54 »
Unfortunately, those particular switches and their Ocean Blue companions are known to have the issues you describe.

I am not sure if this applies to the latest Cream Blue Pro V3 and similarly-new Purple release.

I would not recommend using the original Lavender Purple or Ocean Blue tactiles in any builds.

Although the issues are fairly common I wouldn’t go as far to not recommend them as they still usually perform to what I expected, apart from that it is unusual to only buy one box so you would have extra switches to swap out