Author Topic: Geekhack Handwriting Thread and Fountain Pen Thread  (Read 426851 times)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: Geekhack Handwriting Thread and Fountain Pen Thread
« Reply #1600 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 21:37:46 »
So I have a habit of letting my pen sit for a while without using it, then I will use it for a while, then let it sit.  When I get back to it, and the ink in the nib is dry and won't flow, what is the prefered method to get it writing again.  I have a Lamy, don't remember what model but there is a white one posted earlier on this page.

The water has evaporated but the pigment is still there.
Just dip the nib in cold water and wipe off any excess liquid. It won't be a perfect mixture but it will run just fine. If it's a piston type filler then you can also play with the piston a little.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Larken

« Reply #1601 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 23:10:42 »
So I have a habit of letting my pen sit for a while without using it, then I will use it for a while, then let it sit.  When I get back to it, and the ink in the nib is dry and won't flow, what is the prefered method to get it writing again.  I have a Lamy, don't remember what model but there is a white one posted earlier on this page.

about how long an interval are you letting the pen sit? I'm assuming you're referring to the pauses in between writing where you do some thinking rather than setting the pen down uncapped, taking 5 minutes to drink a cup of coffee before picking it up again.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1602 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 00:28:52 »

about how long an interval are you letting the pen sit? I'm assuming you're referring to the pauses in between writing where you do some thinking rather than setting the pen down uncapped, taking 5 minutes to drink a cup of coffee before picking it up again.
No, much longer than that.  More in the realm of weeks to possibly month and a half or so.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Larken

« Reply #1603 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 01:19:07 »

No, much longer than that.  More in the realm of weeks to possibly month and a half or so.

Frosty's solution would be the easiest solution then.

But lamy Safaris - that's your pen - usually has a decent seal. I've left mine inked for months without using them and it starts up each time without issue. If you're using a z24 cartridge convertor, just twist the piston slightly and ink flow should start again. What ink are you using?
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #1604 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 04:29:57 »
Shoutout to my Lamy 2000 and one of my FPR Induses for behaving nicely through two plane trips and helping keep me calm and sane through my mom's health crisis. The slow pace and ritual of writing on paper as opposed to terrified flailing on a keyboard helped keep me centered and present instead of panicking.

For flying I just filled both up fresh as full as I could get them, wrapped them in a tissue in case of leaks, put them in a ziplock bag with as much air as possible squished out, and stored them upright in my carry-on bag. No leaks even partially used up on the way back. Yay.

There's just something inherently comforting about all of this. Feels good man.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #1605 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 07:37:18 »
Our administrative assistant just told me she "liked the pen you wrote that memo with". And I just have a stock Pilot Metro!

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1606 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 16:32:05 »
Our administrative assistant just told me she "liked the pen you wrote that memo with". And I just have a stock Pilot Metro!

heehe best reaction.

Yo!  I saw your new collection of colors that came in the mail.  Be sure to share with us your favorite.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #1607 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 16:40:01 »

heehe best reaction.

Yo!  I saw your new collection of colors that came in the mail.  Be sure to share with us your favorite.

Haha, I've only tried out Emerald Chivor so far, its absolutely gorgeous. It even looks good all over my hands...

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #1608 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:02:09 »
Thought I would share my latest FP purchase. I only have two, but I have an Eversharp Skyline from the 1940s in the mail!

Parker Duofold Slimfold

126550-0
126552-1
126554-2

The nib is tiny but a great writer! I may restore the body a bit (some micro scratches) but it's in very very good condition.

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1609 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:10:05 »
That Duofold looks awesome. Congrats on the pickup retrochick! :D

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1610 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:10:18 »
Thought I would share my latest FP purchase. I only have two, but I have an Eversharp Skyline from the 1940s in the mail!

Parker Duofold Slimfold

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

The nib is tiny but a great writer! I may restore the body a bit (some micro scratches) but it's in very very good condition.

I believe the term for this is Pimpmobile.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #1611 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:16:10 »
Thanks Cpt and Binge! I may open a can of worms, but what would everyone recommend for a blueish gray ink that's wet with some shading? too much to ask?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1612 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:19:51 »
Thanks Cpt and Binge! I may open a can of worms, but what would everyone recommend for a blueish gray ink that's wet with some shading? too much to ask?

Look for a shade you like in Diamine or Pilot Iroshizuku. I don't write in anything gray so I'm not the right person to ask but those brands of ink are really solid.

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #1613 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:30:28 »

Look for a shade you like in Diamine or Pilot Iroshizuku. I don't write in anything gray so I'm not the right person to ask but those brands of ink are really solid.

Awesome thank you for the recommendation! :D

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #1614 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:39:57 »

I just got some diamine Asa blue and it's such a pretty color!!!

www.gouletpens.com/diamine-asa-blue-30ml-bottle/p/D3078?gclid=Cj0KEQiAoby1BRDA-fPXtITt3f0BEiQAPCkqQZzz5LXURoF3_P4t9o_ywATF_5vC05u_iYHQIFxx4D0aAnrf8P8HAQ

And it's relatively inexpensive
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1615 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:50:58 »

when you say blueish gray do you mean desaturated or saturated blue? dark color or brighter color?

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #1616 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 14:11:13 »

when you say blueish gray do you mean desaturated or saturated blue? dark color or brighter color?

A desaturated blue. More like a mixture of blue + black.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1617 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 14:48:24 »

Hard to achieve and get shading.  It's a bit of a catch 22 to be desaturated and have a large shift in value.  I would suggest looking at diamine and I love noodler's 54th Massachusetts as a blue-black.

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #1618 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 20:43:20 »

Hard to achieve and get shading.  It's a bit of a catch 22 to be desaturated and have a large shift in value.  I would suggest looking at diamine and I love noodler's 54th Massachusetts as a blue-black.
Ooo that's another vote for diamine! So far looking at getting some samples of Diamine blue black, Noodler's blue black, and Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-Kai.
Also totally not close to blue black at all, but speaking of shading - holy cow Apache Sunset!!!! Might grab a sample of that for ****s and giggles.
Wooo!

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1619 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 09:42:51 »

I have some blues you can test out and take home some vials of next time we have a meet. You're local now right?
For a blue-grey i actually like my Noodlers 54th Massachusetts, but i think you might prefer something more 'rich' like D'Atramentis Steel Blue. Anyway, i have a bunch you can try. I have my favorites for different nib sizes and wetness
-Dana

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1620 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 19:15:22 »
I have a thing for collecting machined pens/fountain pens, these are just a few I had with me at work.

Too bad my handwriting sucks :(

Here's a photo of the pens:

And a typical page out of my notebook:
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #1621 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 07:49:27 »
Any recommendations for pen rolls/cases/portfolios/etc? Starting to need something to carry around a few pens in, and I guess a rack for home.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1622 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 07:53:40 »
Any recommendations for pen rolls/cases/portfolios/etc? Starting to need something to carry around a few pens in, and I guess a rack for home.

I like the Franklin Christoph stuff if you can get it on sale.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1623 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 08:11:01 »
Franklin Christoph is the highest quality in pen cases I have personally seen. That is coming from someone who uses a Montblanc Siena to hold their pens.
Franklin Christoph leaves Montblanc in the dust.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline ResonantPixel

« Reply #1624 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 14:53:11 »
I currently am using a lamy safari (LH Nib) but I await a kaweco liliput (EF) in the post! I am pretty hyped, even as I left hander I have written with a fountain pen for years, and also use dip-pens for calligraphy stuff! So my hand is permanently covered in ink : l probably the worst thing about being left handed! 

Offline empnero

« Reply #1625 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 02:04:02 »
Really happy to see other FP geeks on here. I wanted to share my current collection. I have a minor addiction...
Pics are not great, but should get the idea across.

128265-0

Asian Pens(Top row left-across): Pilot Custom 823 Smoke (14k M), Pilot Custom 742 (14k SFM), Pilot Custom Heritage 91 Tsukiyo (14k FM), Pilot Custom 74 Smoke (14k M), Pilot Hira Makie Matsu Pine Tree Urushi (14k M), Pilot E95S (14k F), Pilot Vanishing Point Gunmetal (18k M), Pilot Vanishing Point Blue (18k SU), Pilot Fermo (18k F), Pilot Metropolitan (SS M), Pilot Metropolitan (SS F)
Bottom row: Namiki Falcon (14k M), Nakaya Briarwood (14k M), Platinum President (18k M), Platinum 3776 Century Bourgogne (14k M), Platinum 3776 Century Chartres (14k SF), Platinum Kanazawa Leaf Maki-e Red Mt. Fuji (18k M), Sailor Pro Gear Slim Starburst Galaxy (14k M), Sailor Pro Gear Naginata Togi Nib (21k NMF), Sailor 1911L (21k M), Hero 68 (SS Daming?), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands (SS Goulet M), Jinhao 149 (SS M), TWSBI Vac 700 (SS M)

128267-1

Western Pens (Top): Bexley Owners' Club 2015 (Custom 14k OM), Bexley Imperial Light Blue Swirl (SS F), Edison Nouveau Premiere Mystical Myrrh (Winter 2016) (SS 1.1mm), Edison Nouveau Premiere Cappuccino (18k M), Edison Nouveau Premiere Midnight Thunder (Fall 2015) (18k F),  Edison Beaumont Bordeaux Flake (SS F), Schrade Tactical (SS M), Franklin Covey (SS M), Cross Century (SS M)
Bottom: Sheaffer Snorkel (14K M), Sheaffer Touchdown (14K M), Sheaffer Targa Slim (14K M), Esterbrook Dawn Gray J (9461 nib), Eversharp Venus (14k M?), Parker Vacumatic (14K M), Parker 51 (14k M), Parker Duofold (14k M), (Not pictured Sheaffer Balance Green striated 14k M, no idea where I put it)

128269-2

European Pens: Pelikan Souverän M800 Red (18k M), Pelikan M640 (18k M), Pelikan Souverän M600 Green (14K F), Pelikan M605Marine Blue Demonstrator (14k M), Pelikan Classic M200 Café-Crème (14k M), Pelikan Souverän M400 Black (14k M), Pelikan Souverän M400 White Tortoise (Custom 14k 0.7mm), Montblanc 22 (14k M), Montblanc Meisterstück LeGrand 146 (14k M)
(Bottom): Delta Indigenous Peoples Indios (18k M), Omas Emotica (Ti M), Visconti Homo Sapiens Maxi Bronze Age (23k Palladium F), Visconti Michelagel (23k Pd M), Visconti Millennium Arc Moonlight Sky Blue (Chromium 1.3mm Stub), Lamy Dialog 3 (14k F), Lamy 2000 (14k M), Lamy Studio (14k M), Lamy Safari (SS M), Lamy Al-Star (SS 1.1mm), Pelikan Pelikano (SS A (M?)), Pelikan Pelikano Junior (SS A (M?))
(not pictured Pelikan New Classic P381, 1 blue 14k B, 1 green 14k B,  to be custom ground)

Cheap/disposable pens not displayed (Bic disposable fountain pen in desk at work in case I forget to bring, Pilot Varsity disposables to hand out to people wanting to try FPs, Pilot Plumix, Platinum Preppys)

EDIT: Spelling/Format

I'm not posting posting handwriting samples as my handwriting is really terrible. If anyone wants to see some samples of how certain pens/nibs write, I can do that, but it'll mostly just be lines. I can also post some more detailed images of specific pens
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 February 2016, 02:08:15 by empnero »
Ducky Zero 2108SZ MX Browns (x2)

Ergodox Infinity MX Clears, white LEDS, Black translucent legends/blank black modifiers

Winkeyless b.mini 65g Zealios, white LEDs, Frosted case/RBG Diffuser. White caps/GMK Electric Bluegaloo Modifiers + matching b.pad.

OLKB Atomic w/ blue gats.

Razer Orbweaver Stealth gamepad, Razer Orange switches (similar to MX browns)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1626 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 03:47:26 »
^ Whoa! :eek:

That's an awesome collection! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1627 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 05:01:22 »
Really happy to see other FP geeks on here. I wanted to share my current collection. I have a minor addiction...

Woahh dude, nice collection!!
What's your favorite??
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!

Offline empnero

« Reply #1628 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 10:40:33 »
My favorite to write with is easily the Pilot Custom 823. The nib is so smooth, but doesn't gush too much. The ink capacity is crazy too. You just have to remember to unscrew the back a little to keep it flowing. The 14k lamys are also super smooth, but a little too smooth. The flow is a little too heavy too.

The most fun to write with though is the Pelikan White tortoise. I had John Mottishaw custom grind it to a 0.7 and I've been using it with J. Herbin  Emerald of Chivor. Looks amazing.

Ergodox Infinity MX Clears, white LEDS, Black translucent legends/blank black modifiers

Winkeyless b.mini 65g Zealios, white LEDs, Frosted case/RBG Diffuser. White caps/GMK Electric Bluegaloo Modifiers + matching b.pad.

Offline ResonantPixel

« Reply #1629 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 10:55:04 »
You do seriously have one hell of a collection! Humbles my two!

Offline Chief Clukey

« Reply #1630 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 22:34:52 »
Holy cow. That is quite the nice collection. Glad GH has so many FP enthusiasts as well.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1631 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 23:40:35 »
My favorite to write with is easily the Pilot Custom 823. The nib is so smooth, but doesn't gush too much. The ink capacity is crazy too. You just have to remember to unscrew the back a little to keep it flowing. The 14k lamys are also super smooth, but a little too smooth. The flow is a little too heavy too.

The most fun to write with though is the Pelikan White tortoise. I had John Mottishaw custom grind it to a 0.7 and I've been using it with J. Herbin  Emerald of Chivor. Looks amazing.

Awesome thanks for the info, been always looking for a nice fountain pen :D

Yeah I love the J. Herbin anniversary edition inks, want to get the Stormy Grey, can't find anywhere in Aus that has it :(

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1632 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:29:18 »

Offline empnero

« Reply #1633 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:39:42 »

Awesome thanks for the info, been always looking for a nice fountain pen :D

Yeah I love the J. Herbin anniversary edition inks, want to get the Stormy Grey, can't find anywhere in Aus that has it :(

I do love those inks. Stormy Grey was my 1st, for a while it was the only one with the flecks in it, that was added to the Bleu Ocean and Rouge Hematite in later batches. Had it in my Lamy 2000 for a while. I finally got some samples of the Diamine Shimmertastic inks and if you can find those and not Stormy Grey, try Sparkling Shadow.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1634 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:30:55 »
I do love those inks. Stormy Grey was my 1st, for a while it was the only one with the flecks in it, that was added to the Bleu Ocean and Rouge Hematite in later batches. Had it in my Lamy 2000 for a while. I finally got some samples of the Diamine Shimmertastic inks and if you can find those and not Stormy Grey, try Sparkling Shadow.

Great thanks heaps dude, I already have some Diamine inks, but not the ones you mentioned - I'll suss it out :D Sparkling shadows looks real nice :D

Only problem I find annoying with the J.Herbin special edition inks is that it's really coarse and messy for the pen :/

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #1635 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 10:33:29 »
Great thanks heaps dude, I already have some Diamine inks, but not the ones you mentioned - I'll suss it out :D Sparkling shadows looks real nice :D

Only problem I find annoying with the J.Herbin special edition inks is that it's really coarse and messy for the pen :/

When I use these inks, I empty them from the pen immediately after I am finished using them. I usually only use them in a Noodler's Ahab. I would only feel comfortable putting these in CC pens that can be cleaned easily.
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline chroness

• HHKB Fanboy
« Reply #1636 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 23:29:35 »

(Attachment Link)

Asian Pens(Top row left-across): Pilot Custom 823 Smoke (14k M), Pilot Custom 742 (14k SFM), Pilot Custom Heritage 91 Tsukiyo (14k FM), Pilot Custom 74 Smoke (14k M), Pilot Hira Makie Matsu Pine Tree Urushi (14k M), Pilot E95S (14k F), Pilot Vanishing Point Gunmetal (18k M), Pilot Vanishing Point Blue (18k SU), Pilot Fermo (18k F), Pilot Metropolitan (SS M), Pilot Metropolitan (SS F)
Bottom row: Namiki Falcon (14k M), Nakaya Briarwood (14k M), Platinum President (18k M), Platinum 3776 Century Bourgogne (14k M), Platinum 3776 Century Chartres (14k SF), Platinum Kanazawa Leaf Maki-e Red Mt. Fuji (18k M), Sailor Pro Gear Slim Starburst Galaxy (14k M), Sailor Pro Gear Naginata Togi Nib (21k NMF), Sailor 1911L (21k M), Hero 68 (SS Daming?), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands (SS Goulet M), Jinhao 149 (SS M), TWSBI Vac 700 (SS M)

(Attachment Link)

Western Pens (Top): Bexley Owners' Club 2015 (Custom 14k OM), Bexley Imperial Light Blue Swirl (SS F), Edison Nouveau Premiere Mystical Myrrh (Winter 2016) (SS 1.1mm), Edison Nouveau Premiere Cappuccino (18k M), Edison Nouveau Premiere Midnight Thunder (Fall 2015) (18k F),  Edison Beaumont Bordeaux Flake (SS F), Schrade Tactical (SS M), Franklin Covey (SS M), Cross Century (SS M)
Bottom: Sheaffer Snorkel (14K M), Sheaffer Touchdown (14K M), Sheaffer Targa Slim (14K M), Esterbrook Dawn Gray J (9461 nib), Eversharp Venus (14k M?), Parker Vacumatic (14K M), Parker 51 (14k M), Parker Duofold (14k M), (Not pictured Sheaffer Balance Green striated 14k M, no idea where I put it)

(Attachment Link)

European Pens: Pelikan Souverän M800 Red (18k M), Pelikan M640 (18k M), Pelikan Souverän M600 Green (14K F), Pelikan M605Marine Blue Demonstrator (14k M), Pelikan Classic M200 Café-Crème (14k M), Pelikan Souverän M400 Black (14k M), Pelikan Souverän M400 White Tortoise (Custom 14k 0.7mm), Montblanc 22 (14k M), Montblanc Meisterstück LeGrand 146 (14k M)
(Bottom): Delta Indigenous Peoples Indios (18k M), Omas Emotica (Ti M), Visconti Homo Sapiens Maxi Bronze Age (23k Palladium F), Visconti Michelagel (23k Pd M), Visconti Millennium Arc Moonlight Sky Blue (Chromium 1.3mm Stub), Lamy Dialog 3 (14k F), Lamy 2000 (14k M), Lamy Studio (14k M), Lamy Safari (SS M), Lamy Al-Star (SS 1.1mm), Pelikan Pelikano (SS A (M?)), Pelikan Pelikano Junior (SS A (M?))
(not pictured Pelikan New Classic P381, 1 blue 14k B, 1 green 14k B,  to be custom ground)

Cheap/disposable pens not displayed (Bic disposable fountain pen in desk at work in case I forget to bring, Pilot Varsity disposables to hand out to people wanting to try FPs, Pilot Plumix, Platinum Preppys)

EDIT: Spelling/Format

I'm not posting posting handwriting samples as my handwriting is really terrible. If anyone wants to see some samples of how certain pens/nibs write, I can do that, but it'll mostly just be lines. I can also post some more detailed images of specific pens

oh my lordy... those are some collections goals. I love the organization by region.
Cup is love, Cup is life

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1637 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 23:44:33 »
i dont use my pen much, makes me sad. somebody be my penpal ;-;
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1638 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 23:49:08 »
i dont use my pen much, makes me sad. somebody be my penpal* ;-;

*it will take at least 3 weeks for him to even get the letter out, and by the time he receives your reply he'll forget the initial conversation.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1639 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 23:51:41 »
i dont use my pen much, makes me sad. somebody be my penpal* ;-;

*it will take at least 3 weeks for him to even get the letter out, and by the time he receives your reply he'll forget the initial conversation.
no, that's between us. we are lazy. NOT LIKE YOU'D WRITE ME ANYWAY.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1640 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 08:09:35 »
I've ordered the Waterman Exception Slim Black/Silver with medium 18K gold nib.. It felt soo good in the shop, had to have it. Will post some pics when it's in.

MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1641 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 11:41:46 »
My precious Waterman Exception..

133873-0
133875-1
133877-2

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #1642 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:00:14 »
Fountain-pen signatures are a clever way of showing some status, which can be important in certain areas of business where things are fluid and non-transparent, e.g. with freelancers of indeterminate standing. I don't really care, though sometimes it's good to commit to a measure of gravitas. It becomes an educated professional to use a fountain pen. I got mine as a birthday gift from my mother and grandmother just after graduating law school in 2007.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:03:09 by NewbieOneKenobi »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1643 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:01:48 »
Fountain-pen signatures are a clever way of showing some status, which can be important in certain areas of business where things are fluid and non-transparent, e.g. with freelancers of indeterminate standing.

Exactly.

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #1644 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:07:02 »
Fountain-pen signatures are a clever way of showing some status, which can be important in certain areas of business where things are fluid and non-transparent, e.g. with freelancers of indeterminate standing.

Exactly.

In my case it's also about the only way of making it look anywhere close to adult handwriting. I scribble like a six year old. (Impaired co-ordination plus forced switch away from left-handedness at an early age.)

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #1645 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 22:35:19 »
Hello guys,

I didn't notice GH has this thread. Here are my Aurora Talentum 14k nib (the cover is quite scratchy and old so I use paracord to wrap around - quite interesting, isn't it?  :thumb:) next to a Pelikan M1000. They are my favorite pens, one has stiff nib (Aurora) and the other has soft and springy nib (M1000)

I like linear switches

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1646 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 07:25:53 »
Hello guys,

I didn't notice GH has this thread. Here are my Aurora Talentum 14k nib (the cover is quite scratchy and old so I use paracord to wrap around - quite interesting, isn't it?  :thumb:) next to a Pelikan M1000. They are my favorite pens, one has stiff nib (Aurora) and the other has soft and springy nib (M1000)

Show Image

Nice pen!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1647 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 05:17:50 »
Slight oops - I dropped one of my pens on the floor and it landed nib-first, bending the nib downwards.

Can this be reasonably easily salvaged?  I was thinking about bending it back with a pair of pliers.

138351-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #1648 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 01:25:10 »
Slight oops - I dropped one of my pens on the floor and it landed nib-first, bending the nib downwards.
Can this be reasonably easily salvaged?  I was thinking about bending it back with a pair of pliers.
(Attachment Link)

Indeed, flat noses pliers with no separation would be great but don't forget to use a heat-shrink tube to cover the pliers nose. You may not want to scratch the nibs.
I like linear switches

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1649 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 05:44:11 »
(Attachment Link)

Indeed, flat noses pliers with no separation would be great but don't forget to use a heat-shrink tube to cover the pliers nose. You may not want to scratch the nibs.

Thanks for the tip :)

Most of my pliers are needle-nose, but that's probably easier to slip heat shrink tubing over anyway.