geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Custom Keycap Ideas Thread - all ideas welcome

<< < (261/263) > >>

decarabia:
i want to try my hand at design, but for some reason i feel lost as to where to even begin (or i could be getting way ahead of myself when i dont even have a rough draft yet)
there are a couple of things i'm wondering about regardless, so if anyone has answers or insight i'd appreciate it a lot

* would pmk's templates be useable with other manus, should i get to that point? i want to have cuneiform sublegends, so kle definitely doesn't have support for that really works as long as it's a unicode char wao why did i not realize that sooner. i'm thinking it'd also be pretty useful when it comes to novelties too
* is metallic-looking plastic possible? what sort of colour codes or specifications should i be looking into if i want to achieve that?
* assuming a gb goes through and moqs are hit, do designer(s) at least break even? including pre-ic and prototyping costs
fiddled around in kle for a bit since posting, modelled after gilgamesh. i personally find yellow (and in extension, gold) incredibly hard to work with as a main colour, and i was thinking a bit about how neat metallic legends would look, hence the question above, but maybe red is fine too? it's certainly one of gil's secondary image colours
tho i didnt put too much thought into the sublegends other than the numbers since i'm no historian and i dont know a lick of sumerian/akkadian aha

monstermandude:

--- Quote from: decarabia on Fri, 20 January 2023, 15:04:10 ---i want to try my hand at design, but for some reason i feel lost as to where to even begin (or i could be getting way ahead of myself when i dont even have a rough draft yet)
there are a couple of things i'm wondering about regardless, so if anyone has answers or insight i'd appreciate it a lot

* would pmk's templates be useable with other manus, should i get to that point? i want to have cuneiform sublegends, so kle definitely doesn't have support for that really works as long as it's a unicode char wao why did i not realize that sooner. i'm thinking it'd also be pretty useful when it comes to novelties too
* is metallic-looking plastic possible? what sort of colour codes or specifications should i be looking into if i want to achieve that?
* assuming a gb goes through and moqs are hit, do designer(s) at least break even? including pre-ic and prototyping costs
fiddled around in kle for a bit since posting, modelled after gilgamesh. i personally find yellow (and in extension, gold) incredibly hard to work with as a main colour, and i was thinking a bit about how neat metallic legends would look, hence the question above, but maybe red is fine too? it's certainly one of gil's secondary image colours
tho i didnt put too much thought into the sublegends other than the numbers since i'm no historian and i dont know a lick of sumerian/akkadian aha
Show Image

--- End quote ---

Hahaha this is super cool and also coincidental because I decided to start looking around the keycaps section of the geekhack forums to look at making cutsom keycaps with Cuneiform sublegends just like you're talking about now, although I was going for a bit of an easier alphabet of the Archaemenid Empire of 5th century BC Persia since they only have 36 symbols in their alphabet and are less complex in form. I was thinking a similar layout and some ancient armor and the symbol of the Archaemenid Empire for the novelty keys. I am still stuck on color though but I am interested in doing something like the colors of clothing commonly worn during that era.

glwkc!

NingWang:
What about a Halloween themed keycap set? Then maybe a pumpkin artisan on top of that.

dipincoke:
nice color

EchoKeys:
This purple keycap looks great

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version