Author Topic: [GB] GMK Necro | Available on Originative.co  (Read 158676 times)

Offline MikeTheTiger

Re: [GB] GMK Necro | Live at DMKeys.com
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 00:23:09 »
Hello all,

Very very sorry for the radio silence on my part. It's unprofessional and for that, I'm very sorry. As people have said, I've been quite busy with IRL stuff (more doctor visits this last week than I've had all year..)

So, update time:
I've got some very very big stuff in the works rn, and I'm not at liberty to say currently but you all will be excited. I know it seems iffy right now but believe me when I say that I've got exceptionally good stuff coming.
Thanks for all your support you guys, it really does mean the world to me.

Glad to hear from you. Hope everything works out for you. So the buy is definitely going to stay live until we meet MoQ?
Yup

Cool

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 01:36:22 »
Finally got my funds straight and went in on all 3 kits.  ;)

Offline gnunin

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 02:29:03 »
Great to see you back Jess. All the best to you & your boyfriend! Pumped about that surprise. Lets make this set happen! 

Offline xantiema

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 03:59:07 »
Hello all,

Very very sorry for the radio silence on my part. It's unprofessional and for that, I'm very sorry. As people have said, I've been quite busy with IRL stuff (more doctor visits this last week than I've had all year..)

So, update time:
I've got some very very big stuff in the works rn, and I'm not at liberty to say currently but you all will be excited. I know it seems iffy right now but believe me when I say that I've got exceptionally good stuff coming.

Glad to hear from you. Hope everything works out for you. So the buy is definitely going to stay live until we meet MoQ?
Yup

Do you have any numbers as to what the current total is/how far we are from the MOQ?

Offline Arioch

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 04:06:52 »
Pre-ordered the full set.
Would it be at all possible to get matching Apple keycaps?
Yes, Mac users love decent keebs too!

Offline azachhh

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 05:16:01 »
Hello all,

So, update time:

Yup

Do you have any numbers as to what the current total is/how far we are from the MOQ?

She updated the original post. About 145 away from MOQ on base kit.

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 05:26:37 »
Hello all,

So, update time:

Yup

alright!
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline azachhh

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 05:58:19 »
Hello all,

So, update time:

Please don’t be sorry to us.
Your and/or your boyfriend’s health is 100x more important than anything related to keyboards.

But I am very excited about the exceptionally good stuff that’s on the way!!

Offline Sissy

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 21:22:53 »
Hello all,

So, update time:
Big if true

Offline gnunin

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 00:16:04 »
Any news on those numbers?

Offline 537Z3R

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 02:22:38 »
Health is first, we'll still be here when you are ready :)

Offline urbantheii

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 08:40:28 »
Health is first, we'll still be here when you are ready :)

This ^. We are all super excited for this set like kids during Christmas time, but we can wait longer if need be.

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 02:27:14 »
Hello!

I will update the numbers first thing tomorrow morning, since I can't from my phone. I also have very very exciting news early next week!!! I'm sure you're all gonna love it and am very excited to share it with everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lee jeong woo

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 06:07:36 »

Offline Petch

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 06:12:53 »
Imagine holding back and hyping news for so long and it turns out to be just that the set is on oco - and then they go and leak it  :D :D :D

Offline jessica

Re: [GB] GMK Necro | Big Update
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 15:55:41 »
Hi everyone, big official news here!

Originative have decided to buy out the GMK Necro group buy, to ensure the set gets produced.
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to transfer orders from our website to theirs.
So starting tonight (May 11, 5PM PST) all current GMK Necro orders from DMKeys.com will be refunded, with future orders for GMK Necro being handled by Originative.

I understand how inconvenient this is for everyone who has participated, so to make up for it, any customers of DMKeys who order Necro through Originative will be automatically entered into a raffle for the opportunity to purchase an exclusive Necro themed Fugu artisan by EatTheFood.

The set will cost $180 dollars on Originative, but will include the base set and both child kits, seen below.

This effectively lowers the cost, while including more keys.
The product page will be live early next week at https://www.originativeco.com/products/necro

Additionally, there will be matching artisans from BroCaps as well, so I'll keep you guys updated about that.
Everyone should all be getting an email soon as well, stating basically this same stuff.

Again, thank you everyone for the massive support for this set, I'm so happy to see it finally come to reality.

(Any orders from zFrontier or MyKeyboard.eu will be unaffected by this, so only North American buyers need to care about this, and an update will be posted on reddit next week when the oCo page is up)

« Last Edit: Fri, 11 May 2018, 16:03:34 by Brazzers »

Offline Tally810

Re: [GB] GMK Necro | Big update
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 16:03:39 »
Good news thanks to sherry for helping us get this set.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline gridds

« Reply #167 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 16:21:55 »
Thanks for the update I've been watching for a bit, definitely in for a set.

Offline Daellin

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 16:58:06 »
As much as I'm paying an additional $10 + shipping as I've previously ordered base+spacebars ($170), I'm just happy this set is going to be made! Plus I get the novelty kit. Congrats Brazze- er, CuteDreamsOfYou!
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 May 2018, 17:01:13 by Daellin »

Offline portbaron

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 18:02:21 »
Will the refund come with a notification of why and what to do to replace the order with originative? Otherwise a lot of people might miss it and not get back in if they don't read the threads in the next couple weeks.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline Starius

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 18:21:16 »
Will the refund come with a notification of why and what to do to replace the order with originative? Otherwise a lot of people might miss it and not get back in if they don't read the threads in the next couple weeks.

As someone who had gone in on the buy at DMkeys, I can tell you that I got a email with this information a couple hours ago. 

The credit card hassle is unfortunate, but the new buy in price is nice!

And I'm all for whatever it takes to make this keycap set a reality. 

Offline jessica

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 18:35:22 »

An email has already been sent out, and I will be attaching the same info to each refund

Offline jessica

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 21:42:01 »
As of now, all orders through my website have been refunded. It may take a day or two for them to clear and everything.

A page will be up on Oco in the next few days.
Thanks again for all your patience and support, everyone :)

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 21:43:21 »
So excited!

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 21:56:30 »
Happy to know that this set will be made can't wait to join again

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 22:00:49 »
Ready for the OCO option!

Offline gnunin

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 02:29:20 »
Yaaaay!  :p

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 09:06:07 »
First of, super super glad this set is gonna go ahead  :p

Secondly, did some quick maths (which are hopefully correct) for EU buyers.

if you bought from mykeyboard (EU proxy) you were saving some cost of VAT + shipping before compared to buying from dmkeys and handling VAT etc. yourself. I can't remember what the exact numbers were for this. With the new pricing, its pretty much the same price whether you buy from originative or mykeyboard, but you will handle VAT yourself if buying from originative. So you are not missing out any price reduction despite new originative pricing, probably why orders from proxies are not effected even though US orders have a technical price reduction ;D its kinda like you had a reduction before which was a blessing but now its just a smaller blessing only not having to deal with VAT yourself, I hope that is correct ...

Additionally for UK buyers, the Royal Mail extra handling charge still makes mykeyboard.eu the preferable choice :)

EDIT: corrected stuff about VAT, mykeyboard pricing does include VAT, i meant shipping reduction only with a bonus of mykeyboard handling VAT for us :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 May 2018, 12:50:38 by parityb1t »

Offline jessica

« Reply #178 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 12:36:11 »

if you bought from mykeyboard (EU proxy) you were saving some cost of VAT + shipping before compared to buying from dmkeys and handling VAT etc. yourself. I can't remember what the exact numbers were for this. With the new pricing, its pretty much the same price whether you buy from originative or mykeyboard, but you will handle VAT yourself if buying from originative. So you are not missing out any price reduction despite new originative pricing, probably why orders from proxies are not effected even though US orders have a technical price reduction ;D its kinda like you had a reduction before which was a blessing but now its just a smaller blessing not having to deal with VAT yourself, I hope that is correct ...

Additionally for UK buyers, the Royal Mail extra handling charge still makes mykeyboard.eu the preferable choice :)
Sherryton has also worked out lower pricing with mykeyboard, so hopefully you all like lower costs ;)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 12:39:48 »

if you bought from mykeyboard (EU proxy) you were saving some cost of VAT + shipping before compared to buying from dmkeys and handling VAT etc. yourself. I can't remember what the exact numbers were for this. With the new pricing, its pretty much the same price whether you buy from originative or mykeyboard, but you will handle VAT yourself if buying from originative. So you are not missing out any price reduction despite new originative pricing, probably why orders from proxies are not effected even though US orders have a technical price reduction ;D its kinda like you had a reduction before which was a blessing but now its just a smaller blessing not having to deal with VAT yourself, I hope that is correct ...

I thought mykeyboard include VAT in their price?

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 12:44:40 »

I thought mykeyboard include VAT in their price?

Ahck yes they do, don't know why I said VAT XD mistake when typing. I meant save on just shipping (bulk I assume).

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #181 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 12:52:08 »

Sherryton has also worked out lower pricing with mykeyboard, so hopefully you all like lower costs ;)

Oh nice. Extra zing, cheers :) and can't wait for this set to come now XD

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 14:13:28 »
Man this is great! I've been worried this wouldn't make now, so even if it ends up being a little more through Oco (though I'll get more keys too), it's definitely still worth it!

Offline Nzo

• wish I was back in CA
« Reply #183 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 15:11:50 »

Originative have decided to buy out the GMK Necro group buy, to ensure the set gets produced.
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to transfer orders from our website to theirs.
So starting tonight (May 11, 5PM PST) all current GMK Necro orders from DMKeys.com will be refunded, with future orders for GMK Necro being handled by Originative.

So who’s approving the samples? You or Originative?

Offline jessica

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 16:24:32 »

So who’s approving the samples? You or Originative?

Me me me me me me me. I retain 1000% full creative command here.

Plus, I have a really cool setup now to assess colours really well, so the colours will look pretty much exactly how I want them to ;)

Offline gnunin

« Reply #185 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 00:44:58 »

Me me me me me me me. I retain 1000% full creative command here.

Plus, I have a really cool setup now to assess colours really well, so the colours will look pretty much exactly how I want them to ;)

Thats really great to hear :)

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #186 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 00:53:21 »
Does that mean pre-orders of necro are on going? Are is there a cut off date? cause it might be a month or two before i can get my order in but would like to have this set!

Offline jessica

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 03:08:29 »
Does that mean pre-orders of necro are on going? Are is there a cut off date? cause it might be a month or two before i can get my order in but would like to have this set!

Specific details to come in the next few days. From my understanding, preorders will go on for a set amount of time (probably a few weeks), then close, then once the set is physically in stock, there will be a limited quantity for sale at an increased price as per usual :)

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #188 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 03:13:12 »

Specific details to come in the next few days. From my understanding, preorders will go on for a set amount of time (probably a few weeks), then close, then once the set is physically in stock, there will be a limited quantity for sale at an increased price as per usual :)

o nice might have to just see if I can wiggle somethings around then. Cause I really want this set its just unique you know! its like nothing else we seen! One more question for ya who will be shipping this out you are OCO. It kinda sounds like your handling everything there just offering to buy up what was left of the MOQ and worry with shipping part perhaps?

Offline Poesjuh

[GB] GMK Necro | Big update
« Reply #189 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 12:45:15 »
First of, super super glad this set is gonna go ahead 

if you bought from mykeyboard (EU proxy) you were saving some cost of VAT + shipping before compared to buying from dmkeys and handling VAT etc. yourself. I can't remember what the exact numbers were for this. With the new pricing, its pretty much the same price whether you buy from originative or mykeyboard, but you will handle VAT yourself if buying from originative. So you are not missing out any price reduction despite new originative pricing, probably why orders from proxies are not effected even though US orders have a technical price reduction its kinda like you had a reduction before which was a blessing but now its just a smaller blessing only not having to deal with VAT yourself, I hope that is correct ...

Additionally for UK buyers, the Royal Mail extra handling charge still makes mykeyboard.eu the preferable choice

EDIT: corrected stuff about VAT, mykeyboard pricing does include VAT, i meant shipping reduction only with a bonus of mykeyboard handling VAT for us

Some parts of this are not entirely true but may vary for each EU country. Yes mykeyboard does include vat however, when I order something straight from Originative I have to pay VAT on a larger sum. Value + shipping > 21% custom fees. And on top of that a admin fee of at least €13. (This is in The Netherlands)

As said, this may not be exactly the same for all EU buyers but in my case buying from oro is usually more expensive than buying directly in the EU due to custom fees. Obviously this all changes when the package is undervalued. As a company though, this is a bit iffy at the very least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #190 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 13:46:41 »
First of, super super glad this set is gonna go ahead 

if you bought from mykeyboard (EU proxy) you were saving some cost of VAT + shipping before compared to buying from dmkeys and handling VAT etc. yourself. I can't remember what the exact numbers were for this. With the new pricing, its pretty much the same price whether you buy from originative or mykeyboard, but you will handle VAT yourself if buying from originative. So you are not missing out any price reduction despite new originative pricing, probably why orders from proxies are not effected even though US orders have a technical price reduction its kinda like you had a reduction before which was a blessing but now its just a smaller blessing only not having to deal with VAT yourself, I hope that is correct ...

Additionally for UK buyers, the Royal Mail extra handling charge still makes mykeyboard.eu the preferable choice

EDIT: corrected stuff about VAT, mykeyboard pricing does include VAT, i meant shipping reduction only with a bonus of mykeyboard handling VAT for us

Some parts of this are not entirely true but may vary for each EU country. Yes mykeyboard does include vat however, when I order something straight from Originative I have to pay VAT on a larger sum. Value + shipping > 21% custom fees. And on top of that a admin fee of at least €13. (This is in The Netherlands)

As said, this may not be exactly the same for all EU buyers but in my case buying from oro is usually more expensive than buying directly in the EU due to custom fees. Obviously this all changes when the package is undervalued. As a company though, this is a bit iffy at the very least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did account VAT on both value + shipping ($202) converted to EUR is €169.1 (as of time of this reply), 20% custom is €33.8 , which is totals to €201.9, mykeyboard original price was €200 so thats not much off, hence I accounted them as 'the same basically' :p Besides, cutedreamsofyou confirmed there might be a price reduction for EU anyway;D so much of what I previously said isn't valid anymore XD

and yh, any admin fee immediately makes it illogical to buy from originative :p

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 10:15:16 »
Is there a reason that it's currently listed as Out of Stock over on OCo even though it says pre-orders end on June 8th?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 10:17:16 »
Is there a reason that it's currently listed as Out of Stock over on OCo even though it says pre-orders end on June 8th?

It isn't live yet.

Offline jessica

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 14:05:21 »

It isn't live yet.

Yup. It's not out of stock, just not available yet

Offline johntron25

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 15:03:00 »

It isn't live yet.

Yup. It's not out of stock, just not available yet

My body is ready

Offline Max_P0

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 20:22:53 »
Anyone has any idea about the shipping price to Canada ?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 20:23:45 »
Anyone has any idea about the shipping price to Canada ?

Add another GMK keyset to the cart and check that way

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 14:19:58 »
Jess, I just got a weird message about the eCheck payment from DMKey being declined by the sender's bank. Any idea what that is about?

Offline Tally810

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 14:21:40 »
Jess, I just got a weird message about the eCheck payment from DMKey being declined by the sender's bank. Any idea what that is about?
I got the same thing and already told her about it.  She said she would take care of it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline jessica

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 14:23:23 »

Hi yes, I was just made aware of this and know exactly what's going on.

Basically, Paypal refunded everyone but pulled the money from my personal bank account instead of my business one.
This should, hopefully, be a quick and easy fix. Very sorry about this, but it should all be resolved in the next couple of days.

Thanks for your patience