Author Topic: [IC]Volcano660, Gasket Mount Keyboard(Half a year, FINALLY, GB is Live!)  (Read 110585 times)

Offline edasaur

Re: [IC]Volcano660, Gasket Mount Keyboard(Change in PCB and Colors /Nov 10)
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 12:21:08 »
I don't know if it has already been asked but is the GB FCFS or a limited time frame? If it's the latter count me in!
It will be a FCFS for the 50units till further stated by ilouis_07, and raffles for the limited quantity PC/Brass kits.
I don't know if it has already been asked but is the GB FCFS or a limited time frame? If it's the latter count me in!
Would also like to know this. I was gonna buy a KOYU but this talked me out of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
What's a KOYU?

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk
https://rama.works/koyu/

I think

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Starston3

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 12:23:37 »
We are hoping get some anodized colour samples from the factory. These would be to test the accuracy of anodizing of colours and are not the finalised colours of the Volcano660
That Sailor Blue

Offline Geckt

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 18:51:35 »
@edasaur you're quoting an already edited and corrected reply, but, yes thank you for the link to KOYU.

Offline edasaur

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 18:53:10 »
@edasaur you're quoting an already edited and corrected reply, but, yes thank you for the link to KOYU.

oops my bad. didn't see the update when I replied xD

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 18:57:28 »
We are hoping get some anodized colour samples from the factory. These would be to test the accuracy of anodizing of colours and are not the finalised colours of the Volcano660

Awww no hot lava red?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Geckt

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 19:08:27 »

oops my bad. didn't see the update when I replied xD

Hey not a problem, **** happens. :X

Offline Geckt

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 19:09:42 »

Awww no hot lava red?

These are just tests, no confirmation on any colors yet. Chin up buddy!

Offline Eri Kasamoto

Re: [IC]Volcano660, Gasket Mount Keyboard(Type C is updated!!!2rd/Nov)
« Reply #157 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 20:24:05 »
price est on the full brass version?
Before the GB i will announce it, thanks:)

kailh hotswap sockets yay or nay?

I will also say Yes! Hot swappability seems to be all the rage now, and for good reason.

But since OP doesn't agree, we probably won't be seeing it(at least in this version).

I guess there are many purists huh.😅

Offline ilouis_07

• Never Forget Your Origin
    • ILUMKB
« Reply #158 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 22:37:56 »

I will also say Yes! Hot swappability seems to be all the rage now, and for good reason.

But since OP doesn't agree, we probably won't be seeing it(at least in this version).

Hey, gasket mount a bit hard to do hot swap pcb imo.(unless i add some screws to fixed pcb on plate, maybe next time on other design i will try it:)

Offline Kasterborous

• HEX Keyboards
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 03:50:16 »

Those colors are freaking awesome :D

Offline nulltorious

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 04:06:12 »
Agreed. I hope the finalized option will include a red or rose gold color. I'm looking for something to put GMK Olivia on ;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 November 2018, 07:13:28 by nulltorious »

Offline Eri Kasamoto

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 07:34:37 »

Hey, gasket mount a bit hard to do hot swap pcb imo.(unless i add some screws to fixed pcb on plate, maybe next time on other design i will try it:)

Glad to hear that, means we will still be seeing some future iterations of the Volcano.😁

Also, saw the update regarding the cost. Hopefully the new PCB will not push the price point past the Koyu, as (IMHO) I felt that one of the main attractions of this keyboard was its relatively affordable price.

Offline missylo

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 08:58:05 »

Awww no hot lava red?

Hahha like the pun there

Offline missylo

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 09:00:06 »
Gasket? Sounds interesting

there are a couple of links in the OP to more info about gaskets

Offline lundmore

Re: [IC]Volcano660, Gasket Mount Keyboard(updated new design)
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 17:11:35 »
Wait why it is curved?

Show Image

yup but it is just prototype drawing. i'll see how the responses like and make my choice.

Curve curve curve!

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 01:52:25 »
Wait I'm confused, does this mean the "open slots" stated mean that they're only 50 boards going to be made or that 50 boards will need to be bought to start making the rest?
It will be a FCFS for the 50units till further stated by ilouis_07, and raffles for the limited quantity PC/Brass kits.
Would also like to know this. I was gonna buy a KOYU but this talked me out of it.

What's a KOYU?

I think

Offline Geckt

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 07:03:25 »
Wait I'm confused, does this mean the "open slots" stated mean that they're only 50 boards going to be made or that 50 boards will need to be bought to start making the rest?

What's a KOYU?

I think

Actually to simplify things, it means there's a minimum MoQ to fulfill. Details will be clearer when the GB starts, the buy has yet to be give a launch date yet and the figures aren't confirmed. So sit tight. ;)

Offline Eri Kasamoto

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 07:36:42 »
Wait why it is curved?

Show Image

yup but it is just prototype drawing. i'll see how the responses like and make my choice.

Curve curve curve!

The subtle curve shouldn't make a difference. But I get OP's idea, it will be something like model M keyboards. Not sure how that will feel like to type on, but I think many people like the curve on the model M.

One thing to note, hopefully the curve is not too aggressive, as that will expose the switch if Cherry Profile keycaps are used. IMHO, a high profile case is preferred where the switches are concealed. Looks cleaner.😎

Offline lundmore

« Reply #168 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 15:41:44 »
Wait why it is curved?

Show Image

Curve curve curve!

The subtle curve shouldn't make a difference. But I get OP's idea, it will be something like model M keyboards. Not sure how that will feel like to type on, but I think many people like the curve on the model M.

One thing to note, hopefully the curve is not too aggressive, as that will expose the switch if Cherry Profile keycaps are used. IMHO, a high profile case is preferred where the switches are concealed. Looks cleaner.😎

I totally agree. I think it will be more of a stand out if it had a subtle curve, too many keyboards are a basic wedge which isn't necessarily a bad thing but if he's dabbling with introducing a curve I say go for it!

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #169 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 02:46:32 »
Wait why it is curved?

Show Image

Curve curve curve!

inspired curve top from HHKB and it won't be aggressive, we make sure that it won't expose the switch(with cherry keycap) from side angle.

Offline longsock

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 03:15:49 »
Wait why it is curved?

Show Image

Curve curve curve!

inspired curve top from HHKB and it won't be aggressive, we make sure that it won't expose the switch(with cherry keycap) from side angle.

I would look perfect if you could match it up with the minimal curve the HHKB has. Would give it a more unique visual compared to the keyboards on the market right now. NGL, I didn't really notice that the HHKB had that very subtle curve, great idea!
QXP | HHKB Pro 2

Incoming: Duck Viper V3

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #171 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 03:58:38 »
Wait why it is curved?

Show Image

Curve curve curve!

One thing to note, hopefully the curve is not too aggressive, as that will expose the switch if Cherry Profile keycaps are used. IMHO, a high profile case is preferred where the switches are concealed. Looks cleaner.

I would look perfect if you could match it up with the minimal curve the HHKB has. Would give it a more unique visual compared to the keyboards on the market right now. NGL, I didn't really notice that the HHKB had that very subtle curve, great idea!
it has to be very subtle imo

Offline longsock

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 04:39:12 »
Wait why it is curved?

Show Image

Curve curve curve!

One thing to note, hopefully the curve is not too aggressive, as that will expose the switch if Cherry Profile keycaps are used. IMHO, a high profile case is preferred where the switches are concealed. Looks cleaner.

It is very subtle though, I'll attach a picture to show you - and if the V66 ends up having the same curve it wouldn't be any issues tbh.

QXP | HHKB Pro 2

Incoming: Duck Viper V3

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 04:45:16 »
Wait why it is curved?

Show Image

Curve curve curve!

It is very subtle though, I'll attach a picture to show you - and if the V66 ends up having the same curve it wouldn't be any issues tbh.

Show Image

:thumb:

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 07:09:58 »
the radius of the curve will be 1150 mm. It is quite subtle imo:)

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #175 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 13:00:15 »
Why no rose gold color? D:

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 13:09:40 »

No girls allowed, neither the famous bearded girls

Offline V. Vega

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 13:13:36 »
I was hoping for rose gold too, or a nice pastel purple.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 13:23:29 »
I would love to see a dark green

Gesendet von meinem H8416 mit Tapatalk

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 16:18:38 »

Always intersted in green!

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 18:25:51 »
I'm a simple person, gray.

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #181 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 00:19:31 »

Dark green is nice, will have!

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 00:25:50 »

Amazing

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #183 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 00:29:15 »

Amazing

Actually i submitted Pantone Black 3 C to factory and asked them to do a sample for me. imo, it is very dark greenish black.(or blackish green:P)

Offline Geckt

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 03:21:07 »

Roflmao... Hey.... We're not sure about that one since there is a color we're interested in trying and that is "Salmon Pink"

Offline Geckt

« Reply #185 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 03:22:09 »
I'm a simple person, gray.
I liked your choice. Would be fantastic with the Artic or Hyperfuse set.

Offline missylo

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 09:42:43 »

« Last Edit: Thu, 15 November 2018, 09:51:19 by missylo »

Offline missylo

« Reply #187 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 09:45:15 »

booooo. What are you going on about? Girls rock. As for bearded girls - this is me!!!!

Offline Eri Kasamoto

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 01:44:44 »

Curve looks nice and gentle.😊

Good to have a confirmation that it will cover Cherry Profile.

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #189 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 01:46:46 »

Curve looks nice and gentle.😊

Good to have a confirmation that it will cover Cherry Profile.
Yes, it will cover!

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #190 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 07:40:01 »
I noticed in the pictures that the bottom row shows a 6u spacebar. Is this the final layout or will it support something more widespread like a 6.25u space?

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #191 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 08:58:19 »
I noticed in the pictures that the bottom row shows a 6u spacebar. Is this the final layout or will it support something more widespread like a 6.25u space?
Or even 7u

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #192 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 09:23:48 »
Hey! Since clueboard is my partner, so i just using clueboard 66% pcb to show all the compatible layouts.

(Reference Link:https://clueboard.co/parts/clueboard-66-pcb-25, and thanks skully for the great layouts provided)

Offline Dovan1405

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 10:46:15 »
Me like gib gib

Offline quinnx

« Reply #194 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 12:32:09 »
I was so dig clueboard design and capability. Love that they join v660!. I really want to buy my endgame keep now  :p

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #195 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 12:49:11 »
I think I will try a 6u space bar with this board for the first time. The symmetry of the bottom row is amazing.

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #196 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 13:21:47 »
I think I will try a 6u space bar with this board for the first time. The symmetry of the bottom row is amazing.

Good luck finding any 6u stabs unless you're willing to make one.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #197 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 13:23:28 »

Good luck finding any 6u stabs unless you're willing to make one.
Really? I thought the normal one would fit :-\

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 18:27:50 »
I don't know if people are interested in it but a bronze/ copper color for the case would be amazing too.

Offline Abec13

« Reply #199 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 12:36:43 »
God I'm so excited for this guy. Heavy, 66%, Gasket mount... I just hope that since the PCB will be from clueboard, that getting extras won't be hard. USB-C or Mini, do you think?
45-ATS | Adelie | Gentoo | Volcano 660 | Think 6.5 v2 | SKOG | 7V | Hello M0110
[/url]