Author Topic: <3 K70 RGB  (Read 3904 times)

Offline heyimnotfromreddit

<3 K70 RGB
« on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 17:46:10 »

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Re: <3 K70 RGB
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 17:52:25 »
If only it wasn't shopped.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 18:10:28 »
If only it wasn't shopped.
It probably is a good indicator of how it will look in the coming weeks though.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 19:07:59 »
Even though Corsair rep came in here asked questions of what we would like to see from their new boards and we sort of screamed out loud saying don't make the same mistake with the bottom modifiers and space bar again and would you look at that!!!! Same sh!t all over again, bravo corsair!!!! you do listen to your potential customers after all :/
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 19:09:34 »
Even though Corsair rep came in here asked questions of what we would like to see from their new boards and we sort of screamed out loud saying don't make the same mistake with the bottom modifiers and space bar again and would you look at that!!!! Same sh!t all over again, bravo corsair!!!! you do listen to your potential customers after all :/

These are the same people that said hot-swappable switches couldn't be done. I'll stick with their cases and coolers, but I'm going to keep my keyboards and mice elsewhere.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 19:27:10 »

These are the same people that said hot-swappable switches couldn't be done. I'll stick with their cases and coolers, but I'm going to keep my keyboards and mice elsewhere.

Well said, Coolers, Ram, PSU, cases and even their latest 2.1 PC speakers are awesome although a lil pricey....

For example here is what I have from them:

- RAM DDR3, claiming to be able to go to 2100MHZ, but it can only hit 2000MHZ stable, not a big deal since its 16GB and price was around 80 bucks for 4 sticks.

- H100 Push pull can get my I5-3570K to 4.8GHZ and possibly 5.0GHZ without overheating, amazing and its in push pull config with high flow Rosewills. The CPU is at 4.2Ghz current, no need for more.

- PSU 1000HX, been having this puppy for around 5 years, 2 builds and 2 partial upgrades and on my current build is holding up Crossfire x2 R9-290X XFX DD custom cooler, I5 3570 @ 4.2GHZ, 16gb RAM @2000MHZ, 8x 120mm fans, 1x 200mm, 2x LCD double bay fan controllers NZXT and Aerocool, 500gb HD and 256GB SSD. ( practically purring like a kitty and not stressing out at all running this setup even though for 290X CF setup manufacturers recommend at least 1200W PSU.... The model PSU I have might be one of the best that Corsair ever made, not sure if their 1200W benemoth has the same quality no matter that's rated 200W higher)

When my Logitech speakers go out I might consider getting their pricey 2.1 speakers cause they are proven to be of high quality, would love to have one of their nice cases but my HAF932 with acrylic window is so nice since I got it customized and have 2 fans on it blowing direct on the GPU's.... Maybe if they bring the old 800D model, the new model that's replacing the 800D  it seems bigger and there is no reason for it. Anyways will be their loyal customer for sure, but as far as keyboards? not until I see  1.25 - 6  or 1.5 - 1 - 7 layout for the bottom modifiers.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 September 2014, 19:29:28 by bazemk1979 »

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 19:28:18 »

Well said, Coolers, Ram, PSU, cases and even their latest 2.1 PC speakers are awesome although a lil pricey....

- RAM DDR3, claiming to be able to go to 2100MHZ, but it can only hit 2000MHZ stable, not a big deal since its 16GB and price was around 80 bucks for 4 sticks.

- H100 Push pull can get my I5-3570K to 4.8GHZ and possibly 5.0GHZ without overheating, amazing and its in push pull config with high flow Rosewills. The CPU is at 4.2Ghz current, no need for more.

- PSU 1000HX, been having this puppy for around 5 years, 2 builds and on my current build is holding up Crossfire x2 R9-290X XFX DD custom cooler, I5 3570 @ 4.2GHZ, 16gb RAM @2000MHZ, 8x 120mm fans, 1x 200mm, 2x LCD double bay fan controllers NZXT and Aerocool, 500gb HD and 256GB SSD. ( practically purring like a kitty and not stressing out at all running this setup even though for 290X CF setup manufacturers recommend at least 1200W PSU.... The model PSU I have might be one of the best that Corsair ever made, not sure if their 1200W benemoth has the same quality no matter that's rated 200W higher)

When my Logitech speakers go out I might consider getting their pricey 2.1 speakers cause they are proven to be of high quality, would love to have one of their nice cases but my HAF932 with acrylic window is so nice since I got it customized and have 2 fans on it blowing direct on the GPU's.... Maybe if they bring the old 800D model, the new model that's replacing the 800D  it seems bigger and there is no reason for it. Anyways will be their loyal customer for sure, but as far as keyboards? not until I see  1.25 - 6  or 1.5 - 1 - 7 layout for the bottom modifiers.

Well, their PSUs are just rebranded seasonics. So, those are definitely alright as well.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 19:37:10 »
I didn't knew that...... nice to know cause if this one ever burned out which I doubt because when it was stress tested 5 years a go it was outputting 1200W+.... probably pushing its limits but the PSU held up like that under stress with days no stopping, I knew that was the right PSU for me even though my previous builds were drawing max 600-650W from the outlet perhaps, currently for sure is outputting 850-900W "if all is under full load" but since thats never the case while gaming and multitasking, maybe outputting 750W tops, looking more like 700W.

So this means if in future I need PSU it will be either Corsair,Seasonic or EVGA, heard also good words about the EVGA PSU's

Offline de_milk

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 19:54:08 »
Cool :llama:  :thumb: :p

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 20:01:24 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 21:22:24 »

We are NOT potential customers of Corsair...

Geekhack is the High society of Keyboards,,  No Compromises..... !!

You make a Bull**** product with Fluffy marketing,  we're gonna tell you about it...

The final issue is... I am uncertain if we should continue this into the future, because GH will never be well monetized if we don't play ball...

In the end game... what Truth we have will not be absorbed if we deny market forces...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 21:23:05 »
lol ripster
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 21:44:17 »

- PSU 1000HX, been having this puppy for around 5 years, 2 builds and on my current build is holding up Crossfire x2 R9-290X XFX DD custom cooler, I5 3570 @ 4.2GHZ, 16gb RAM @2000MHZ, 8x 120mm fans, 1x 200mm, 2x LCD double bay fan controllers NZXT and Aerocool, 500gb HD and 256GB SSD. ( practically purring like a kitty and not stressing out at all running this setup even though for 290X CF setup manufacturers recommend at least 1200W PSU.... The model PSU I have might be one of the best that Corsair ever made, not sure if their 1200W benemoth has the same quality no matter that's rated 200W higher)

Well, their PSUs are just rebranded seasonics. So, those are definitely alright as well.

isn't that just the AX series? the RM definitely isn't Seasonic for example, nor the CX or TX...

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 23:46:30 »
Corsair makes nice cases and decent water cooling (H-100i) i guess. Just really not a fan of their bottom row layout and their pcb soldering. uGH

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 00:11:15 »

You stop with your sensemaking and logic.  Why would they want to go with the standards when that means they won't be able to sell overpriced aftermarket key caps for their keyboards or have them conform to a certain look?

Don't get me started on their RAM.  Long story short, if you want to get ripped off, buy Corsair RAM.  If you want RAM that works well with a ton of configurations and is typically clocked lower than what it can actually hit, go with Mushkin or G.Skill.  I want to like Corsair, but I am so sick of how they operate as a company.  They're becoming like Asus, great when they work, but shady as hell the rest of the time.

....ish.  They do use Seasonic units, but if you ask them, they're better specced since they supposedly use higher quality components.  Seasonic also uses Flextronics, Great Wall (a Chinese OEM that ranges from terrible to good), Chicony Power/HiPro, and CWT as OEMs.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of XFX and Rosewill PSUs.  XFX has many identical to Corsair Seasonic units at a fraction of the cost and Rosewill has some amazing and well priced Super Flower based units.

Offline gooseta

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 14:39:33 »
Keyboards were alright without backlighting, we don't need this headache-inducing mess...
WASD v1 with browns
Ducky Shine 3 TKL with blues and orange backlight
KBT Pure with greens
Leopold FC660M with blues
Spirit 87% with clears

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 14:59:45 »
Keyboards were alright without backlighting, we don't need this headache-inducing mess...

it isn't a headache, its nice option if someone wants to have and you can have ur board not being lit up..... its not enforced onto the board its optional.

Offline midnightmare

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 21:46:05 »
I'm actually excited for this keyboard, but until the Lua scripting capabilities get released for this I'm not gonna take the plunge

Offline Owntrolf

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 18:06:23 »
I dont think the RGB series will be that good if you accidently break something

Theres absolutely no replacement parts unless you're going to trash your backlighting by using a different cherry mx switch thats not clear housing/RGB so in terms of moddability its probably pretty bad

Offline mikekey

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 18:27:21 »
Corsair makes nice cases and decent water cooling (H-100i) i guess. Just really not a fan of their bottom row layout and their pcb soldering. uGH

Corsair 60 is a great case.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 18:29:34 »

Corsair keyboards are loved by a lot of people for their backlighting. Funny enough it is the backlighting that they have not been able to get right over 2 generations of keyboards, with numerous issues of failing LEDs.  But with peripherals, there is always a portion of the market that will want to buy it if it blinks in colored lights.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 September 2014, 18:33:00 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 18:34:37 »
Show Image

Corsair keyboards are loved by a lot of people for their backlighting. Funny enough it is the backlighting that they have not been able to get right over 2 generations of keyboards, with numerous issues of failing LEDs.  But with peripherals, there is always a portion of the market that will want to buy it if it blinks in colored lights.

Is it for the backlighting that people buy it?  Or is it because it bears the Corsair name?

Offline dantan

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 08:56:43 »
Show Image

I won't buy it for both reasons.

Heard too many dead LED Corsair tales.
Is it for the backlighting that people buy it?  Or is it because it bears the Corsair name?