Author Topic: [IC] KAT Oasis - GB January 31st  (Read 135575 times)

Offline _ODIN_

Re: [IC] KAT Oasis
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 10:49:16 »
Too late to get in on this GB?
This is still in IC phase

Gesendet von meinem H8416 mit Tapatalk

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #301 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 10:49:41 »
Are you keeping the kobe kit?

Offline derznation

« Reply #302 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 11:21:06 »
Too late to get in on this GB?
This is still in IC phase

Great, thanks!

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #303 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 18:07:22 »
Just checked up on the KAT profile, really digging the shorter SA. Very interested in trying it out.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #304 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 08:48:21 »
I love this colorway. So glad it hasn't died! 

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #305 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 14:10:46 »
Interested in the kobe, but I'm sure that latin + japanese symbols would have a bigger market. According to massdrop, at least three times bigger.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #306 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 12:32:10 »
I think KAT alpha has finished with shipping and turned out pretty good. So any movement on this?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #307 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 14:48:21 »
I think KAT alpha has finished with shipping and turned out pretty good. So any movement on this?

Not sure if others have the same issue, but KAT alpha's stepped caps (capslock and ctrl) are not correctly made and it collides with "A". A few keys are a bit taller than others.

Overall a solid set, but some keys are not usable (at least for me).

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #308 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 04:24:15 »

Not sure if others have the same issue, but KAT alpha's stepped caps (capslock and ctrl) are not correctly made and it collides with "A". A few keys are a bit taller than others.

I hope zfrontier will send you replacement keys

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #309 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 05:28:12 »

Sorry, I know nothing about this set, what brand are you talking about? Not gmk it seems.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #310 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 16:29:43 »

Sorry, I know nothing about this set, what brand are you talking about? Not gmk it seems.

It's a new profile called KAT from Keyreactive, makers of dsa driftor, dsa milkshake among others. The first keyset in this profile called KAT Alpha just shipped. More information about this profile can be found here: https://en.zfrontier.com/products/kat-alpha

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 00:29:22 »
Love the color.
Hope GB coming soon.

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 02:22:48 »
I like KAT profile, but I don’t like that it is not double shot. I got DSA Milkshake and I find the colors to be a bit washed out compared to GMK. Plus legends are not as precise.

Offline sakodo

« Reply #313 on: Sun, 24 March 2019, 19:59:27 »
looks awesome

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #314 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 14:39:50 »
Didn't see that this became KAT, which pumped up my interest hiiiiiigh! Don't know how things are going with this, but when it comes I'll be ready.

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #315 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 12:33:42 »
I'm hoping that this doesn't die, but no updates in months is not a good sign.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #316 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 06:55:06 »

Oh no, this is 100% dead  :p

All jokes aside, it's not dead, I've recently moved in my new place, started a new job and got super sick for the entire month of March. I've also been waiting for zFrontier to send me 3D files so I could start getting renders and see if everything was ok - Good news is that I got those files last Friday.

Bad news is that it looks like the color I picked for the base of my alphas is not ok. I am going to see if 155 C looks good and see if that is something Keyreative can work with.

Sorry for the short update guys, I just wanted to let everyone know what this is not dead :)

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #317 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 07:45:48 »

Oh no, this is 100% dead 

All jokes aside, it's not dead, I've recently moved in my new place, started a new job and got super sick for the entire month of March. I've also been waiting for zFrontier to send me 3D files so I could start getting renders and see if everything was ok - Good news is that I got those files last Friday.

Bad news is that it looks like the color I picked for the base of my alphas is not ok. I am going to see if 155 C looks good and see if that is something Keyreative can work with.

Show Image

Sorry for the short update guys, I just wanted to let everyone know what this is not dead :)
Thanks for the update! :)

Offline pcire

« Reply #318 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 08:04:31 »
That’s a good update!

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #319 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 09:43:17 »

Oh no, this is 100% dead  :p

Show Image

Hype over 9000!

KMK Labs.

Offline Abec13

« Reply #320 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 09:52:47 »
I bought this in GMK and was so sad when it didn't go through. Let's get some KAT profile!!
45-ATS | Adelie | Gentoo | Volcano 660 | Think 6.5 v2 | SKOG | 7V | Hello M0110
[/url]

Offline Cornutgi

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 23:49:39 »
Any updates? Looking forward to this!! I need that Kobe and coffee

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] KAT Oasis - Question inside // Coffee
« Reply #322 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 01:58:24 »
Hey guys!!

Quick update: nothing. lmao. I wish I had something, but except for the 3D files for renders (font was missing, took a loooooooong time to get that as well), I have no news for you :(

That said, seing GMK Café really makes me feel bad - not that I would be competing with him or anything, just the lack of understanding from the designer about the modifiers' color.

I know most of you wanted to see GMK Coffee (although that did not show in the poll I posted which ended-up being 50/50), but everything I see about this makes me wonder if I should not just drop the blue and make it a real coffee set. Would you guys want to see a Coffee set in KAT over the Oasis one?

I would like your honest point of view on this because this set would be for me but for all the community to enjoy :)

---

Edit: Going KAT Coffee would be doable according to my last mail exchange with Alex but I'm just a little scarred for the modifiers. I've asked zFrontier to get a key or two produced to see what it would look like. I would really feel better having samples to show you guys rather than just renders.

As it is, I prefer KAT over GMK,
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 May 2019, 02:57:28 by JSaintS »

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #323 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 02:49:09 »
Hey guys!!

Quick update: nothing. lmao. I wish I had something, but except for the 3D files for renders (font was missing, took a loooooooong time to get that as well), I have no news for you :(

That said, seing GMK Café really makes me feel bad - not that I would be competing with him or anything, just the lack of understanding from the designer about the modifiers' color.

I know most of you wanted to see GMK Coffee (although that did not show in the poll I posted which ended-up being 50/50), but everything I see about this makes me wonder if I should not just drop the blue and make it a real coffee set. Of course, if I were to do that, I would probably stick to GMK (seeing how slowly things are moving with zFrontier) but that would also raise the question of two sets competing against each other, although to be honest I don't really see the similarities with Café (except for the team).

I would like your honest point of view on this because this set would be for me but for all the community to enjoy :)
I think dropping the blue and making it full coffee would be good for the set, however I'd be much more interested to see it in KAT - having used both, I actually prefer KAT as a profile.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #324 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 02:52:08 »
I think dropping the blue and making it full coffee would be good for the set, however I'd be much more interested to see it in KAT - having used both, I actually prefer KAT as a profile.

I really really like KAT but it has been 7-8 months that I've been talking to zFrontier and I'm nowhere close to getting samples to make sure the coffee modifiers would look good. I could try and go for just KAT Coffee but again, I can't do that without knowing if the modifiers would look ok.

Edit: I had to say I have no news to get some, hu? zFrontier confirmed they asked Keyreative to produce a couple of sample for the coffee modifiers and the alphas. Super excited to see those and finally be able to move forward with this project!
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 May 2019, 06:18:03 by JSaintS »

Offline ivu

« Reply #325 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 01:03:49 »
The two color setup of the wooden case render is so lovely and clean that i'd get that for sure if it goes out to match my newly bought walnut 65 case..
Will pay close attention how the project goes.

Edit: The more i think about it, the more i dig the blue. Might go for base + coffee kit and make some different variations.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 June 2019, 08:56:16 by ivu »

Offline Xynerorias

• Lubin' with glicerin
« Reply #326 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 07:56:23 »

I really really like KAT but it has been 7-8 months that I've been talking to zFrontier and I'm nowhere close to getting samples to make sure the coffee modifiers would look good. I could try and go for just KAT Coffee but again, I can't do that without knowing if the modifiers would look ok.

Edit: I had to say I have no news to get some, hu? zFrontier confirmed they asked Keyreative to produce a couple of sample for the coffee modifiers and the alphas. Super excited to see those and finally be able to move forward with this project!

I'd rather have the blue in there. I'm ok if it's not KAT, the original GMK Oasis was totally fine by me, but for me the blue plays a big part, it really gives that beach feeling that I really like, I'm really not interested in the Coffee look.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #327 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 15:00:31 »
This is one beautiful set. I love the idea of doing Coffee.
Never heard about KAT profile, reading now. So sounds like it is SA, only lower?
What would be top surface coverage? Bigger than DSA?
DSA has smaller surface than SA or other profiles. Id ont like it so wanted to confim...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #328 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 18:33:49 »
Never heard about KAT profile, reading now. So sounds like it is SA, only lower?
DSA has smaller surface than SA or other profiles. Id ont like it so wanted to confim...

yes, lower SA, spherical tops about XDA coverage, PBT but extremely dense and smooooooooooth. I like the sculpt a lot more than SA, maybe mostly because of the height. Have not switched back to GMK ever since I got KAT Alpha LOL. Here are some of the pictures I took for your reference.

220865-0220867-1220869-2

Offline phinix

« Reply #329 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 15:21:24 »

yes, lower SA, spherical tops about XDA coverage, PBT but extremely dense and smooooooooooth. I like the sculpt a lot more than SA, maybe mostly because of the height. Have not switched back to GMK ever since I got KAT Alpha LOL. Here are some of the pictures I took for your reference.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Awesome, thank you for this.

Would you be able to put it next to SA cap?
Side to side and from top, so I could see the actual top coverage?

How deep is the top surface? More like SA - light edges? Or more like DSA - strong edges like deep dish?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #330 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 19:22:42 »

How deep is the top surface? More like SA - light edges? Or more like DSA - strong edges like deep dish?

Sorry no SA over here (I hate SA :P). The top surface is pretty shallow, unlike MT3 for example. The edges are not that sharp at all and there's no deep dish in the set, only homing bar.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #331 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 19:32:45 »
Looks more of a beach to me. But very good

Offline phinix

« Reply #332 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 02:54:46 »

Sorry no SA over here (I hate SA :P). The top surface is pretty shallow, unlike MT3 for example. The edges are not that sharp at all and there's no deep dish in the set, only homing bar.

Sweet, sounds good to me, hopefully this will run soon :)
I like SA, but lately its height is kinda bugging me for some reason.
I like XDA too. Cherry is ok.
I do NOT like DSA and MT3 - sharp high edges and all caps being like deep dish is driving me nutters...
So KAT sounds interesting, simply lower SA I would say.
And that smoooothness sounds great, I actually love when Cherry gets so smooth and shiny with time :p

I would be getting core and coffee kit - these two together will look sweeeeeet :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 02:56:17 by phinix »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #333 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 16:36:31 »
Big update in the first post guys! New kits and more information :) Go check it out and show some love! <3

Offline bobdenard

Re: [IC] KAT Oasis - big update (New kits - renders coming soon)
« Reply #334 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 16:55:58 »
This is glorious! Great work truly. I was one of the GMK version backers and I’m so glad it’s going to see the light of day at last. I love this colorway. Plus the baguette kit made my day, so glad it’s becoming a trend. I’ll be all in once it goes live!

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #335 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 18:09:04 »
Looking great, but wondering what the extra keys in the UK kit are for, considering ISO UK support looks like this

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #336 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 18:36:55 »
Is there any way you could remove the color formatting on your original post?  I use a light theme for GH and I can’t read the text.

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #337 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 19:47:21 »
What's a "craddle"?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #338 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 20:18:03 »
Any novelties being considered?

Thanks for putting r3 ctrl in the ortho kit  :thumb:

Offline Zilleon

« Reply #340 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 01:40:24 »
Omg, there is a Colevrak kit T_T
So happy to see that!

Offline pcire

« Reply #341 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 02:05:25 »
Awesome news!!!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #342 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 02:06:36 »
Looking great, but wondering what the extra keys in the UK kit are for, considering ISO UK support looks like this
Show Image

I brain farted, I made myself the same comment when I saw Biip's kit and yet I still managed to keep it the same... I'll correct that tonight after work.

What's a "craddle"?
It's basically a cradle, but with two Ds :( corrected the typo ^^

Is there any way you could remove the color formatting on your original post?  I use a light theme for GH and I can’t read the text.
You sir should be happy :) took me a couple of minutes as there were a lot of tags, but it's done :)

I managed to forget to post those... smh... here they are :D

Novelties

Are the international kits in the last update final, or are they drafts?

(both contain oddities and errors that need to be checked)

I PMed you about it :) I am aware of the UK kit problems, what about the other issues? :)

So happy to see that!
You're welcome hehe

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #343 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 07:17:03 »
Sunday update  ;D

I'm proud to announce that KF has accepted to collab and will produce somes keys that will match Oasis - Mockups will arrive in October! On the artisan note, Here is the keypora that will be produced for this set, I hope you like it :

Last but not least, RAMA will produce a gold key with the arabian palace novelty filled with brown enamel, this promises to be one heck of a key :) I can't wait to show it to you!

Updates to a couple of kits:

Modifiers

• Added stepped CTRL key in both the Liha and blue modifiers kits

International

• Corrected the legend on some of the keys:

UK

• removed a couple of keys from the kit

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #344 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 17:49:01 »
Woohoo.  I can read the post now. Very interesting set.  Watching

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #345 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 03:37:27 »
Some of you might have seen it already as I ninja edited the first post but I received the render for the RAMA key

Artisan list is also growing, along with Keyforge confirming he will be part of the project, I also got confirmation that SUK will be producing a keybuto and snapjaw, BAD will also join the team :) Coz and Hello? have mentioned that would be interested in participating but it depends on their schedule.

All in all, this looks like an all-star artisan team and I'm super excited!

I really hope to be able to show you guys renders soon - I blame WOW Classic for the delay ^^'

Last but not least, for the people interested in the INTL and CMD kits, I've added a "potential change" line, I'd like to hear your feedback :)

Have a good one!

- Jonathan
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 September 2019, 03:39:30 by JSaintS »

Offline bobdenard

Re: [IC] KAT Oasis - big update (RAMA Key added - renders coming soon)
« Reply #346 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 03:55:22 »
Regarding the Cmd kit, I prefer Icons but text is fine too.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #347 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 10:35:09 »
totally insane, I'd like everyone to see the potential of this set, I love it

KMK Labs.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #348 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 16:47:00 »
More
Show Image

I brain farted, I made myself the same comment when I saw Biip's kit and yet I still managed to keep it the same... I'll correct that tonight after work.

What's a "craddle"?
It's basically a cradle, but with two Ds :( corrected the typo ^^

You sir should be happy :) took me a couple of minutes as there were a lot of tags, but it's done :)

I managed to forget to post those... smh... here they are :D

Novelties

Show Image
Show Image

Are the international kits in the last update final, or are they drafts?

(both contain oddities and errors that need to be checked)

I PMed you about it :) I am aware of the UK kit problems, what about the other issues? :)
So happy to see that!
You're welcome hehe

Yes, thanks for offering a Colvrak kit.  Perfect since are no individual kit MOQs.

Please consider adding two keycaps:
   1) A non-homing R3 U for non-homing Dvorak support.
   2) An R4 apostrophe/quote to assist Programmer's Dvorak.

Thanks again, and GLWB.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 September 2019, 16:56:06 by dvorcol »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #349 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 05:03:55 »
First post updated with renders :D

« Last Edit: Fri, 27 September 2019, 09:55:06 by JSaintS »