Author Topic: KWK / KBK Therapy  (Read 484183 times)

Offline Belfong

Re: KBK Therapy
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 19:19:36 »

Should've just sent a .gif instead of writing an entire short story.  :-[

Those GIF and photos are put into this thread by Hipster, I believe. I didn't put that Hannibal picture, just the story - and I didn't expect to be picked!!! So stoked! Thanks, Hipster, for this contest!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 19:28:35 »
I didn't put the Pennywise gif in my post either.  It is a pretty good gif tho

Offline Distilled

« Reply #302 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 20:25:27 »
hey dude!

thanks for entering the KBK horror contest, and congrats you won...

1. Chicken Little Topre mummyII

-hipster

So happy right now! Thank you so much hipster.

The gifs are awesome. Really adds to the story's.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #303 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 20:41:36 »
Congrats!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #304 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 20:51:45 »
Yay, thanks Hipster! 

My entry included video clips.  Having to rewatch these scenes for the first time in many years was not a pleasant experience for me, haha.

Videos:
More

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #305 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:44:39 »
Should've just sent a .gif instead of writing an entire short story.  :-[
I didn't even think about including any other media than my text :I
Not surprising I've never won anything.

I included like 5 photos lol  :-X

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #306 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 02:36:01 »
hey dude!

thanks for entering the KBK horror contest, and congrats you won...

1. Chicken Little Topre mummyII

-hipster

So happy right now! Thank you so much hipster.

The gifs are awesome. Really adds to the story's.

Nice dude congrats! I was going to enter and then got crazy at work :( mine was going to be Freddy Kruger :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #307 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 02:54:28 »
Just for fun I threw together a little list of my (favorite is not the right word here) movie monsters. Props if you can identify what films they are from, you would have my respect for having balls of steel. First one's easy:

69544-0

69545-1

69547-2

69549-3

69550-4

69552-5

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #308 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 03:03:21 »
Just for fun I threw together a little list of my (favorite is not the right word here) movie monsters. Props if you can identify what films they are from, you would have my respect for having balls of steel. First one's easy:

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Nice selection noisy, well that is itchi the killer in the second one and I think that 3rd from the bottom is flowers and blood (or something like that can't remember)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #309 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 19:26:45 »
Congrats to all the winners! Looks like I'm gonna have it get my caps the old fashioned way :p
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #310 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 21:45:29 »
Holy crapppp.. Some amazing colors bro! Your quality is superb as well! The bag thing is a super wicked idea especially since I love all of your color designs. Stoked!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #311 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 11:17:43 »
I'm not so sure about this bag of regrets sale. I'm not saying that hipster would prioritize anyone, but with email sales there is no transparency into who got their orders in or in what order they were received. I think email sales also give an unfair advantage to those who have perfected sending emails so they are received at a precise time. Not sure how many people pay attention to these things, but the same people normally get into CC and Bro Cap sales while others are looking at their time stamps wondering how being off by one hundredth of one second they got nothing (email server received time, not sent). The fairest way to sell caps anonymously is how Binge does it with a website. Why someone would even want to be anonymous to buy artisan caps is beyond me. It is too easy to just create a second account for a layer of obscurity to buy caps with and remain anonymous. This leads me to believe that those who prefer the email method just want to maintain their advantage and/or be able to sell later with impunity.

VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #312 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 11:20:08 »
I'm not so sure about this bag of regrets sale. I'm not saying that hipster would prioritize anyone, but with email sales there is no transparency into who got their orders in or in what order they were received. I think email sales also give an unfair advantage to those who have perfected sending emails so they are received at a precise time. Not sure how many people pay attention to these things, but the same people normally get into CC and Bro Cap sales while others are looking at their time stamps wondering how being off by one hundredth of one second they got nothing (email server received time, not sent). The fairest way to sell caps anonymously is how Binge does it with a website. Why someone would even want to be anonymous to buy artisan caps is beyond me. It is too easy to just create a second account for a layer of obscurity to buy caps with and remain anonymous. This leads me to believe that those who prefer the email method just want to maintain their advantage and/or be able to sell later with impunity.

Show Image

I agree that it' not the most fair of ways, but at the same time, I'm still under the impression (possibly naively) that favorites don't get played in sales, but more in pre-sale giveaways or testing. Anyways, good luck to all! Hoping to get some Topre goodness tonight for my first KBK =D
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 July 2014, 11:24:05 by exitfire401 »
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #313 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 11:22:09 »

Show Image

I must admit, while I agree with many of your points I far prefer the email method to the post in the thread one. This is simply because I get destroyed on the post in thread ones because the GH server isn't anywhere near here and it lags like a monster during those sales so I will post on the second and it will go up 25 seconds later making me too late :(
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 July 2014, 11:30:22 by atlas3686 »

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #314 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 11:24:09 »
And if you post early to compensate for the lag you go too early because the lag hasn't started for real yet.. ;(

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #315 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 11:37:11 »
This is why a website on a good host is ideal. Hell even an IRC sale with some anti spam configuration for the channel would be better and more fair. I think there are too many ways to cheat with random draw sales which I think elitekeyboards.com CC sales have proven with certain out of country members getting multiples of the same key from one sale ಠ_ಠ
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 11:40:06 »
I'm just glad these amazing artists put up with all of the hassle to put on these sales for us at all :o

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #317 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 11:43:13 »

Show Image

While I think you raise good points, I think that the email method is very attractive because it is very simple for everyone involved. Keycap makers do not have to invest a lot of time and money into a site to support their part time hobby. Also to take binge's site as an example, you still have traffic problems (see pic):

EDIT:
Excited about this sale though. Have had no luck in previous KBK sales.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 July 2014, 11:47:08 by Xowie »
RETIRED

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #318 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 12:28:17 »

Show Image

While I think you raise good points, I think that the email method is very attractive because it is very simple for everyone involved. Keycap makers do not have to invest a lot of time and money into a site to support their part time hobby. Also to take binge's site as an example, you still have traffic problems (see pic):
Show Image

EDIT:

That damn gator made me want to cry!

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #319 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 12:38:31 »

Show Image

Show Image

EDIT:

That damn gator made me want to cry!
Damn gator swallowed my Keythulhu whole. Fortunately, it spared my Lion Keyng 2. I still wonder how different life could have been. JK I just feel blessed I got in at all.

edit: On topic, I'm excited for the sale. The colors are wonderful, and I'm sure things are being handled the best they can be. This doesn't mean things won't change, so I'm also looking forward to what's to come! Also, I am rambling.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 July 2014, 12:44:36 by clacktalk »
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #320 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:09:37 »
Oh Mann if I don't get an mx mummy I may cry  :'(

So much excitement!!!  ;D

Good luck all!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #321 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:23:01 »
At least you have a badass mummy already..  gl everyone!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #322 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:24:52 »
At least you have a badass mummy already..  gl everyone!

That is true! But I'd love an mx mummy as well. :)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #323 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:30:51 »
No.. you need more Topre mummies!  (ask for topre bag!!)  ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #324 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:33:30 »
Hello friends.  I am admitting myself to therapy today.  I was initially waiting to see how KBKs turned out and developed, and then once I was interested in getting in a sale I seemed to miss all the "flash sales" that were going on, so I've never had a chance to get one.

Today I hope to change that.

But since it's rather unlikely, I will probably be needing some help in here.  Thanks in advance, guys.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #325 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:34:48 »
GL getting some topre caps!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #326 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:48:47 »
No.. you need more Topre mummies!  (ask for topre bag!!)  ;)

Hehehe

Hello friends.  I am admitting myself to therapy today.  I was initially waiting to see how KBKs turned out and developed, and then once I was interested in getting in a sale I seemed to miss all the "flash sales" that were going on, so I've never had a chance to get one.

Today I hope to change that.

But since it's rather unlikely, I will probably be needing some help in here.  Thanks in advance, guys.

Welcome brotheran, this is the place for all mummy, conspire, warus, death lives, etc
We welcome you with open arms!
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:49:29 by dustinhxc »

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #327 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:48:49 »
I am really digging the colors in the teaser photo...HYPE.
RETIRED

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #328 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:50:07 »
I am really digging the colors in the teaser photo...HYPE.

Yeah dude, the thing that made me most interested in his work besides the design it self was his color concept. He brings street smarts into his color creating. They are all super unique and amazing!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #329 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:50:13 »
Pee bee en jayyyy
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #330 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:52:34 »
Pee bee en jayyyy

omg... such an amazing concept! YES that one!  :-X

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #331 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:02:21 »
goodluck all!

Fairly sure i was way to slooow!

Refresh countdown page, page freezes. :(!

Had to guess the time to hit send

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #332 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:02:56 »
GL everyone!  I think I held my breath for the last 30 seconds

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #333 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:03:13 »
Need therapy!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #334 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:03:21 »
Good luck all. Now time to wait. Hope everyone has a good night!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #335 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:04:13 »
now the dreadful wait  :-\

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #336 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:04:58 »
preemptive checking into therapy...good luck all!
RETIRED

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #337 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:06:39 »
Pee bee en jayyyy

omg... such an amazing concept! YES that one!  :-X

Show Image

ditto times a million
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #338 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:07:01 »
Sold out instantly, so proud of you Hipster! Your work is amazing and the people enjoy them!

Thanks for the fun amazing sale!  :thumb:

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #339 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:07:19 »
I keep checking my messages.. I can't stop!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #340 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:08:09 »
Sold out instantly, so proud of you Hipster! Your work is amazing and the people enjoy them!

They are quite stunning!  I'm hoping to be able to toss some money at him for caps after winning that awesome purple conspire!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #341 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:08:56 »

They are quite stunning!  I'm hoping to be able to toss some money at him for caps after winning that awesome purple conspire!

Hells yeah I love the conspires!   :thumb:

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #342 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:10:25 »
That one went straight on.. my wife's keyboard lol

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #343 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:10:42 »
She was all, hey I like that keycap you got ME!

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #344 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:12:59 »
F5, F5, F5, F5.....

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #345 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:13:16 »
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed haaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppp
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline cpt.charisma

« Reply #346 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:15:53 »
So, I'm confused.  I hit send when the countdown hit 0, but timestamp said xx:59:58.  Is it when the timer hit zero, or was it supposed to be right on the hour?  I really hope my order counted.
-===CC=-

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #347 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:17:00 »
So, I'm confused.  I hit send when the countdown hit 0, but timestamp said xx:59:58.  Is it when the timer hit zero, or was it supposed to be right on the hour?  I really hope my order counted.
It all depends on when he received it, because I'm quite a distance away I sent mine when 2 seconds were left. It's quite a gamble.

Offline OnTheBrink

• Work Hard. Play Harder.
    • Wired In Store
« Reply #348 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:17:09 »
Man, I think I am going to break my F5 key. Hopefully I'll get to replace it with a KBK!

Good luck everyone!

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #349 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:17:47 »
I GOT A PM

JK