Author Topic: Emulation issue with Retroarch and Mednafen  (Read 1903 times)

Offline chuckster

Emulation issue with Retroarch and Mednafen
« on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 13:56:31 »
I don't know if this is this is the best place to seek help, but I know geekhack, and this seemed the most likely subforum for this. I'm big on emulation and I've set up dozens without any real issues, but now I'm trying to get Retroarch going as an all-in-one package, but it's proving a little troublesome. I'm having a couple of issues with Mednafen within Retroarch, specifically with PSX emulation. In Retroarch, I map the buttons to my 360 controller through the settings menu, but certain keys are swapped, namely Cross and Square, and Triangle and Circle. It's not a huge barrier, but it is annoying. Secondly, Whenever I attempt a save state, I get the error "core does not support save states". I did have some issues setting up save states in MedGUI when I first tried Mednafen, but I know it definitely DOES support them.

What am I missing guys? I've never had any major issues with any other emulator/frontend before, and I really like the all-in-one solution of Retroarch, especially with the Xebra-like accuracy of the PSX core (Mednafen) with extra shader options.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Re: Emulation issue with Retroarch and Mednafen
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 19:16:27 »
what host OS are you using? windows? Both of those are multiplatform.

I know retroarch is just a frontend for the libretro API. What version is it that you're running? The version I have for android worked great with everything I tried it with.

Offline chuckster

Re: Emulation issue with Retroarch and Mednafen
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 11:02:57 »
I'm using Windows, installing everything to a straight C: folder. Should I try on Linux?

Oh, and it's version 1.0.0.2 64bit on Retroarch, I just downloaded the latest this week.
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 September 2014, 11:05:28 by chuckster »