Author Topic: ArcheAge Online  (Read 2852 times)

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
ArcheAge Online
« on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 14:40:06 »
Anyone else playing in the alpha?
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Xenderwind

Re: ArcheAge Online
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 14:58:11 »
Didn't care to spend $150 to get in.  A lot of my friends were/are playing it though and seem to like it.  I think they started the guild Blood Pirates something then went pirate and made Shots Fired.  I think one of them streams pretty regularly.

I'd probably pay it once it goes beta.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline missalaire

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 13:28:01 »
Anyone playing in the open beta? Just started today.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline cruzin

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 13:50:15 »
I was really interested in this early on, but lost interest when I saw that it allowed people to add all kinds of immersion-breaking stuff to the game. I still might check it out at some point eventually.
Current: Ergodox (Ergo-clears) | Kinesis Advantage (Browns) -- Colemak
Future: HHKB Pro 2 | Maltron L90 | µtron | Axios

Offline missalaire

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 14:10:27 »
I was really interested in this early on, but lost interest when I saw that it allowed people to add all kinds of immersion-breaking stuff to the game. I still might check it out at some point eventually.

Explain?

Offline cruzin

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 15:23:20 »

Explain?

I was watching this game quite closely from when it was still beta in Asia. It had a certain aesthetic, feel or atmosphere about it based on the videos that were trickling out at the time. Then at some point they released a video that showed a swimsuit contest with some seriously awful suits that didn't fit the aesthetic they had been demonstrating up to that point. Not a huge deal until I saw another video where players could add their own artwork/pics to the game. Some people were adding in real world logos and slogans and this was encouraged by the developer. Then race cars showed up and I lost all interest.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 15:48:03 »

Explain?

I was watching this game quite closely from when it was still beta in Asia. It had a certain aesthetic, feel or atmosphere about it based on the videos that were trickling out at the time. Then at some point they released a video that showed a swimsuit contest with some seriously awful suits that didn't fit the aesthetic they had been demonstrating up to that point. Not a huge deal until I saw another video where players could add their own artwork/pics to the game. Some people were adding in real world logos and slogans and this was encouraged by the developer. Then race cars showed up and I lost all interest.

Not sure why the logos are such a turn off... they're to customize your houses and ships I'd assume so people know who they are. I see that as a necessity when it comes to pvp warfare so you can tell guilds apart.  The race cars I can see not fitting into the theme of the game, but ya.

Offline cruzin

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 16:04:30 »
Guild logos are not an issue. I'm talking about people using real logos like Coca-cola or Apple. People made items that looked like vending machines with real logos. That breaks immersion for me.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 14:27:08 »
3 days til Headstart!

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 14:48:58 »
Looks nice at first glance. How does it compare versus ultima online?
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline missalaire

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 15:22:48 »
Looks nice at first glance. How does it compare versus ultima online?

Not having played Ultima Online, I couldn't tell you.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 11:38:09 »
Game will be opening up to F2P players at 10am PDT, soon!

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 16:17:20 »
Still debating about playing.  Anyone else interested in starting together?  Luke warm about the game but I need a time sink at the moment in between working and what not.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 01:12:09 »
Anyone else on Geekhack end up playing?

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 18:05:01 »

What server are you on?  Downloading the game again.  Gonna give it another shot.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 19:50:56 »

What server are you on?  Downloading the game again.  Gonna give it another shot.

Kyrios, west faction. Since you are going to start late though, don't expect to be able to really grab any land unless you find one that's going up for demolition.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 19:59:59 »
Kyrios, west faction. Since you are going to start late though, don't expect to be able to really grab any land unless you find one that's going up for demolition.

Yeah, I figured that'd be the case.  We'll see how I feel once I get a few days of gameplay in.  Maybe I'll fall in love and wind up in a guild or I'll end up uninstalling. :))