Author Topic: [IC] Mercado Brasileiro | Brazilian market  (Read 2400 times)

Offline BOOKeys

• Clickidy-Clackidy
[IC] Mercado Brasileiro | Brazilian market
« on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 12:50:12 »
Hello everyone! I am a new enthusiast from Brazil and was wondering about the Brazilian market and the interest in keycaps and keyboard accessories.

Searching the web for accessories and goods to nourish this hobby/passion, I learned that I need to import everything: keycaps, keyswitches, PCB, cases, EVERYTHING, and basically pray so that my purchases pass customs without additional taxes and charges (which mark up the value by 100% sometimes), and that is not including delivery time, which can be months AFTER it enters my country. Some providers even flat out refuse to deliver here (perhaps due to burocracy, taxes and charges).

What I want to know is if there is interest in the Brazilian community to have a local supplier. I am not talking about industrial level production, but a reliable alternative which doesn't cost an arm and a leg to pay (keyboard products are charged in USD ou EURO, which kicks our currency's ass). I've been thinking of investing myself into this, willing to put money to popularize this in my country and reduce the entry cost of it.

So, my fellow Brazilians, what do you say? Are you interested in this? Your input will be greatly appreciated!

Although this post is aimed at Brazilian interest in the hobby, everyone is very much welcome to bring their thoughts and input to the table!

Thank you very much! Hope to hear from you guys soon!  ;)

Offline fcoury

Re: [IC] Mercado Brasileiro | Brazilian market
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 12:51:32 »
I am not sure if you're aware but there is a very large Brazilian community already, check out this Discord server - https://discord.gg/vAE8sGRFXM. :)

Offline BOOKeys

• Clickidy-Clackidy
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 13:15:08 »
Hello there, thank you for the link! I've seen some of his videos, but wasn't in the Discord Server.  :)

From what I've seen over there, the community is present, but I don't see any local supplier for stuff (unless is a trade, sale of a specific item or something of the sort).

All best!

Offline Havattack

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 13:25:40 »
Probably not the correct forum for this buddy, but then again, i suppose you are checking to see if there are any other Brazilians interested in the hobby...

Offline fcoury

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 13:26:27 »
From what I've seen over there, the community is present, but I don't see any local supplier for stuff (unless is a trade, sale of a specific item or something of the sort).

You're absolutely right, there are zero suppliers here unfortunately and I'm all for a local supplier. Let me know if you need help or need to discuss it further.