Author Topic: [IC] GMK Electronics (Cherry OEM) Colored Esc's, Modifier Sets, CMYK, Number Row  (Read 108528 times)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Caps Lock and Shift Lock actually have different behavior though. If it was true shift lock when it was engaged it would type the shifted charachters on the numrow. Caps Lock does not do that.
We had originally planned to offer both text and no text version in one colorway each, but when we got the moq back we made the decision to cut one choice. We will do text version next time, and maybe text only style after that.

Offline RiGS

I agree with Rigs, the sharp text is what I love most about Cherry keys.  I believe the idea with the textless mods though is to be as inclusive of as many languages as possible.
As an EU member I don't see an issue there. The text on the enter, shift, control, etc is just pretty much universal around the globe.

We had originally planned to offer both text and no text version in one colorway each, but when we got the moq back we made the decision to cut one choice. We will do text version next time, and maybe text only style after that.
While I understang the problem with the MOQ, and I appreciate all the great job you are doing here, and I really hate pushing this, but I still think the decision to cut text version at this stage was premature, and as a community you should consider extending the interest check poll on this matter.

Having said that I would be happy with just the symbols on the modifier pack as long as purple wins. :))
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 December 2012, 18:40:33 by RiGS »
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
Time to see the poll results and go go gadget groupbuy? ;D

Offline Rob

BTW, how will the shipping work?

As I'm from Germany, will Europe have them dispatched seperately or do I have to pay Int. shipping fees twice?

Offline jeroplane

BTW, how will the shipping work?

As I'm from Germany, will Europe have them dispatched seperately or do I have to pay Int. shipping fees twice?

There were suggestions in the other thread for someone in Germany to distribute throughout Europe as well as to send the big box of orders to the US. Lysol mentioned that he would work something out with the logistics. So I think you guys in Europe will be accounted for re shipping :) I have heard terrible things about your taxes and import fees...

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
Voting is now over.  See results below:

Current Polling Results

Totals as of 12/12/12 (whoaaaaa):
Modifier Pack:  *White/Purple (39), White/Blue (38), White/Green (35), White/Brown (26)
Number Pack:  *White/Blue (39), *White/Purple (39), White/Green (35), White/Red (33)
Esc Pack:  *Red/White (87), *White/Purple (67), *White/Green (58), White/Blue (56)

Interests:
Modifier Pack 161/186 87%
Number Pack 109/186 57%
Esc Pack 162/186 87%
CMYK 124/186 67%

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
Like I've said, one stuff reaches the UK from germany, I'll be happy to distribute here.
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
We had a total of 186 voters with the highest interest in the Modifier and Esc packs.  For the number row (though it may not matter since interest is low), we have a tie for Purple and Blue =)

Green just BARELY made it for esc's...thank god.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
I'm surprised CMYK's interest isn't as high as the mod packs and esc packs...that **** is slick

Offline Glissant

YES! The White/purple esc and modifiers got enough votes. That makes me very happy indeed. Now I have to try to get my hands on another white/black set.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
No brown, but awesome selections anyway! I'm in! Especially for the esc pack!

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
That's going to look bomb on my white on black cherry DS that I have on my poker

lets get this **** rolling
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
Green just BARELY made it for esc's...thank god.
indeed. or thank someone at least
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
It dosen't account for interest of individuals that would order more than 1 set though either, was just a yes/no. I am hoping CMYK can make it as I have been wanting to do it for a long time.
Even if it dosen't make it this time I am happy with the other colors. Looks like the numrow may get cut?
So looks like we need to get orderform live (which I can't do while I am at work since googledocs is blocked by the corporate proxy) and see if we can make the moqs now.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
This is awesome! Can't wait! In for just about everything I think.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
Do we know MOQ's yet?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
We have known target moq and pricing from the start of IC. It's in the OP. However we are going to try and see if they will run less set for a higher per unit price as well and what that will look like. We should know tomorrow.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
Any idea on space bars? Or was that just a general IC for the future?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
I voted for a green on green escape...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Any idea on space bars? Or was that just a general IC for the future?
Space bars in 6.25 & 7 please.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
I'll be requesting an updated quote based on the newly voted colors.  As lysol said, I'm going to see if we can lower the MOQ (which will likely raise the price by a little) based on our interest check.  At the same time, I'll see what MOQ and price is like for the 7x spacebars.  We'll likely be cutting the number row.

Cherry never made center stemmed 6.25x spacebars, so if you're wanting them for your modern keyboards, they won't fit.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
I have boards that can use 6.25 Cherry spaces ;D

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)

ie, Cherry keyboards?  :p :p :p

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards

Yeah, but do we have enough other people who have boards that use that spacebar?  We'd need to buy hundreds of them =)

Offline nullstring

Is there some place we can sign up? Or are we just going to wait for the actual GB page for that?
I'm in for an ESC key set.

For what it's worth, I would much much rather have an white on N7 ESC key rather than a white on AE.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_

ie, Cherry keyboards?  :p :p :p
Maybe, maybe not ;)

Yeah, but do we have enough other people who have boards that use that spacebar?  We'd need to buy hundreds of them =)
That's true. Oh well, off to classified I go!

Offline blighty

Current Polling Results

Totals as of 12/12/12 (whoaaaaa):
Modifier Pack:  *White/Purple (39), White/Blue (38), White/Green (35), White/Brown (26)
Number Pack:  *White/Blue (39), *White/Purple (39), White/Green (35), White/Red (33)
Esc Pack:  *Red/White (87), *White/Purple (67), *White/Green (58), White/Blue (56)

Interests:
Modifier Pack 161/186 87%
Number Pack 109/186 57%
Esc Pack 162/186 87%
CMYK 124/186 67%
Ha, just like politics.  99 of 138 people voted for other coloured modifiers than the white/purple.  That's about 100 people that didn't want purple mods but might buy a set anyway to help MOQ.
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
It was a very close race. Hopefully not too many people bail out because they didn't get thier color. If we can't make a successful groupbuy, there won't be additional ones in the future.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
Everyone order more than one thing! We have to start off well with GMK! :)

Offline Caaaarrrt

It's not the colour that I voted for, but I will definitely be picking up a set. There is a lot of potential in future group buys, but we have to start somewhere or, as lysol said, they may never happen.
Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline RiGS

It seems the number pack ended up with a draw between blue and purple. Any calls for play-off?!

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
It seems the number pack ended up with a draw between blue and purple. Any calls for play-off?!

Given the other votes, shouldn't Purple win to enable sets?

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline RiGS

That would be a smart choice, but I am pro-democracy.

Offline RiGS

I agree with Rigs, the sharp text is what I love most about Cherry keys.  I believe the idea with the textless mods though is to be as inclusive of as many languages as possible.
Could you make another muck up as a nice visual comparison for the purple modifier set with text as well, so everyone could see which version they really like?
I mean 400 sets are a lot. It would be really unfair to ignore this whole thing.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Num row is being cut, as only 57% respond they would want it at all. Maybe we will try it again later sometime.
I am pro-dictatorship, we already had our single party election in secret, and we won. Just kidding.
But in seriousness, we want to move this along really fast as we have a small window to have production for this buy. To that effect we are trying to limit debate in order to expedite the buy. No matter what is chosen, not everyone will be happy with whatever it happen to be if there is only one choice.

Offline RiGS

I agree, in that case it seems reasonable to ditch the number keys.

Ok then let's proceed with the standard text version. I'm positively sure much more people would be happy with that.

Offline magey

Nice, home run for DAT PURPLE! Now all I need is a full set of white on black to go with that.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
But in seriousness, we want to move this along really fast as we have a small window to have production for this buy. To that effect we are trying to limit debate in order to expedite the buy. No matter what is chosen, not everyone will be happy with whatever it happen to be if there is only one choice.

And time to market and simplicity of ordering will be MUCH improved!

On to the GB, sir!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
ZOMG WHY ARE NOT GB THREAD UP YET HURRY AND TAKE MY MONEY

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
As soon as we have pricing for the 200 and 300 set tiers we asked for we will get a live order form up in the groupbuy section.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Yes text. Just for this first round. We want it to match the recent moogles from SP, just in a different colorway, right?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
No, we want it to match proper Cherry keys in a different colorway :p
I have strong opinion about some things, and I always preferred the Euro/International style, as does Dan. They just look so much classier and less cluttered. My second favorite is text only. I don't like both at all.
I know not everyone will share our opinion however.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
No, we want it to match proper Cherry keys in a different colorway :p
I have strong opinion about some things, and I always preferred the Euro/International style, as does Dan. They just look so much classier and less cluttered. My second favorite is text only. I don't like both at all.
I know not everyone will share our opinion however.

Can you post a keyboard photo as an example? Maybe swipe one of Reaper's?

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline metafour

I didn't vote since I figured I would order what ever ended up being available and there were definitely too many choices to comfortably narrow it down to one.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
I like the in for anything attitude, spoken like a true keycap fiend.

Some select choices from my meager collection...

text only...

« Last Edit: Wed, 12 December 2012, 22:10:22 by lysol »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
Those Tab keys are awesome!  How come my G81 doesn't look that cool?

takemymoneynow.jpg!

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
same here................
I didn't vote since I figured I would order what ever ended up being available and there were definitely too many choices to comfortably narrow it down to one.
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline GMC

• Shiny.
I'll take a few cmyk sets so keep them in
WASD V1 - waiting on R4... - MX Brown
KBT Pure - Zinc caps - MX Brown
Cherry G80-1800 ISO WKL - SkiData caps - MX Clear

Offline jeroplane

Purple will look siccckkkk! Well done to everyone who pitched in to get it to the top (by a hair).

I'm all for the textless legends. Doesn't really bother me either way, but looking down at my black on white Cherry keys with the standard symbol+text, I see what you mean by cluttered.

I will definitely be buying at least 3 of each Modifier and Esc set, as long as the price is around the quoted price.

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
Just hope to get Red on Beige Esc and Black on Red Esc keycaps to match the Black on White / Beige keyset :sad: