Author Topic: How to reattach the enter key on a Razer Black Widow?  (Read 29416 times)

Offline DroopySWE

How to reattach the enter key on a Razer Black Widow?
« on: Tue, 25 January 2011, 22:57:04 »
Hi, guys. The enter button on my Razer Black Widow (Cherry MX Blue) stopped working properly, so I detached the enter button to fix the problem. Little did I know there's a metal pin with two plastic pieces that attach to the metal pin under the enter button. I can't seem to attach it properly now (I don't have any tools for it).

Any recomendations on how to fix this?

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 26 January 2011, 09:03:31 »
i had to take the shift key off. its a little harder to put the keys with stabilizers back on the black widow than it is with my other mechanical keyboards.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 26 January 2011, 09:19:07 »
Quote from: DroopySWE;284891
Hi, guys. The enter button on my Razer Black Widow (Cherry MX Blue) stopped working properly, so I detached the enter button to fix the problem. Little did I know there's a metal pin with two plastic pieces that attach to the metal pin under the enter button. I can't seem to attach it properly now (I don't have any tools for it).

Any recomendations on how to fix this?

Do you see why now i keep endorsing the cherry keyboard stabilizers.

Prone to accidents if not careful

Cherry keyboard stabilizers (also in use on Ducky/leopold/archiss clone keyboards)

« Last Edit: Wed, 26 January 2011, 09:21:51 by Moogle Stiltzkin »
"So long as we do not depend on the facts entirely, incomplete knowledge is better than complete ignorance."

:bounce:

Current gaming keyboard: Ducky DK-9008 with Cherry Beige/White doubleshots (Cherry Mx Brown)

For my 2nd pc: Cherry G80-1095 HAU Revision 00 (Cherry Mx Black)

Dye subbed keys harvested from NCR 3299-k440-v001 G80-3007 SAU. Casing donated to Mike.
[/FONT]

Free mechanical keyboard + other gear click here![/color]

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 26 January 2011, 09:54:56 »
i think it was one of rippys pics, but even with the cherry stabilizer don't just pull straight out or you can break the switch :x

use slow gradual force.
"So long as we do not depend on the facts entirely, incomplete knowledge is better than complete ignorance."

:bounce:

Current gaming keyboard: Ducky DK-9008 with Cherry Beige/White doubleshots (Cherry Mx Brown)

For my 2nd pc: Cherry G80-1095 HAU Revision 00 (Cherry Mx Black)

Dye subbed keys harvested from NCR 3299-k440-v001 G80-3007 SAU. Casing donated to Mike.
[/FONT]

Free mechanical keyboard + other gear click here![/color]

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 26 January 2011, 10:06:47 »
Quote from: ripster;285128
As long as the Cherry Corpy style stabilizer bar doesn't come loose.  At that point you have to desolder all the switches on a plate mounted keyboard to fix it.

If nothing is brocken, it usually snaps in again. Even if it doesn't snap in anymore, the stabilizer mounts are not soldered.

If something breaks, just rip out those 2 stabilizer mounts and swap them!
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 26 January 2011, 10:34:51 »
Quote from: ripster;285145
Try that on a plate mounted switch keyboard like the Leopold, the Ducky, or the SteelSeries.  The wire is underneath the plate.

Pics are in my Cherry MX Removal Guide.  And since there were two cases this week I have a feeling it's not unheard of for the wire to pop out of the stabilizer.

Sorry!

I did not think about plate mounted ones. I got a keyboard some days ago, where one stabilzer-mount was off. It snapped back into the PCB very easily, so I could snap the stabilizer in as well.
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX