Author Topic: AT&T Unix PC keyboard  (Read 11435 times)

Offline False_Dmitry_II

AT&T Unix PC keyboard
« on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 13:52:33 »
http://cgi.ebay.com/AT-T-Unix-PC-Keyboard-and-mouse-/160563007088?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25624d0e70

I've never seen a plug that looks like that, so I'm not sure if its possible to use it or not on current PC's. Especially without modding of some sort.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline CurtisLeon

AT&T Unix PC keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 16:17:05 »
I have a keyboard that looks almost exactly like that.
Currently Using

Space Invaders: NMB RTRT8255CW+
Black ALPS: Dell AT101W
Foam & Foil: BTC 5339SX

In Storage

White ALPS (complicated): Focus FK-2001, Reveal KB-7061 (Chicony rebrand), PC Concepts KB-7000 (Chicony rebrand)
Orange ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard (modded to ghetto Blue ALPS)
Peerless: Fujitsu FKB4700
Foam & Foil: LR 69497 (unknown make, terminal keyboard)

Offline lilraver018

AT&T Unix PC keyboard
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 16:24:01 »
What kind of switches does it uses?

Offline CurtisLeon

AT&T Unix PC keyboard
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 16:33:27 »
Quote from: lilraver018;320929
What kind of switches does it uses?

Foam & foil, probably.
Currently Using

Space Invaders: NMB RTRT8255CW+
Black ALPS: Dell AT101W
Foam & Foil: BTC 5339SX

In Storage

White ALPS (complicated): Focus FK-2001, Reveal KB-7061 (Chicony rebrand), PC Concepts KB-7000 (Chicony rebrand)
Orange ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard (modded to ghetto Blue ALPS)
Peerless: Fujitsu FKB4700
Foam & Foil: LR 69497 (unknown make, terminal keyboard)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: AT&T Unix PC keyboard
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 00:52:53 »
I played with one of these at the recent MGC. I fell in love with the keyboard; it was in great condition, so maybe that helped.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 21:42:55 »
I played with one of these at the recent MGC. I fell in love with the keyboard; it was in great condition, so maybe that helped.

How did you find this 7 year old thread?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline yuppie

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 22:11:46 »
Any pics of it?
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 23:10:49 »

How did you find this 7 year old thread?

I was looking for the last time a good board was posted on this site.

JUST KIDDING.
I Googled "at&t unix pc keyboard." Voila.

Any pics of it?

I thought I took one but I checked my phone and didn't.

Here's a photo pulled from the net:

The one I saw was in immaculate condition; white case with clean caps. The caps felt divine with no noticeable wear (from the five minutes I played with it, trying to figure out how to play a text-based puzzle (?) game). The travel distance was short, the caps were low, and there was a very nice tactile feel with a clunk when the keycaps hit the bottom. Not a bad clunk, but you definitely noticed when the bottom was reached.

Offline subcat

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 23:13:13 »
some of them use skcm brown, which is what it sounds like you tried

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 09:02:51 »
The one above looks like it actually has discrete switches due to the LED cutout. Typically those cutouts are used for MX, but it could work for Alps as well. Alps is typically a rectangular window directly above the key.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170