Author Topic: delete  (Read 53203 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Tactile Zine
Re: F (shipping ->10% done)
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 11:38:42 »
Just throwing this out there: the cable matters to me.

Dented one for you it is! :P

Ok so on a more serious note, I talked to dorkvader and tinlong last night. Tinlong said he wants to do a charity auction auction for the dented 6019284. And then the three with the chipped connectors? Dorkvader has said if you get one and don't like the stock cable, he will make you a new one. And with the new controller, you'll be replacing the cable with a USB one anyways. Everyone cool with that?

Offline 127001

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 13:48:42 »
Sounds good to me :D

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 10:23:21 »
No problems that I can see. Nice job CPTBadAss.

Offline Aer Fixus

• And now, back to lurking...
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 23:03:33 »
Is this something that I could get in on? (I hope I'm not too late in claiming one. if I am: damn)
I would love the one with the broken cable (Kishsaver). That is, of course if it is not already claimed.

[Edit: just read through and saw that they are all claimed. Guess I'll have to pursue other means of acquisition]
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 November 2013, 01:42:52 by Aer Fixus »
               SOON: IN PROGRESS:

I lie all the time.... I really don't even like keyboards

Offline poxeclipse

• Hit me with music ... yes, me friend
« Reply #154 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 08:42:34 »
News ?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 14:18:33 »
Any update?

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 17:13:58 »
Will ship rest of them on Friday. Too many mock exams last few weeks. :s

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 12:39:15 »
I sent this to BroCaps and I thought i'd post this here just so people in CONUS/Canada know what's going on on my end. I was AFK from Thanksgiving until today.

Oh crap I meant to post an update in the Kishsaver thread. I was AFK for a little while. Last I checked I placed an order for boxes at USPS. They said it was "processing". I'm not sure what that meant. Hoping to have boxes at the PO this week. If they don't have them waiting for me, I might buy separate non-flat rate boxes or stuff them in medium flat rate boxes. I want to send these out this coming weekend. Next weekend at the latest.

For the time being, they've all been looked over and I went through the boards that had weird sliding noises and fixed the clips. I took pictures of those in the sale thread. There's only one egregious board and tinlong said he wanted to auction/sell that at a later point.

Sorry for the wait and lack of updates :(. Please let me know if you have anymore questions. I'll post the same info in the Kishsaver thread soon.

By next weekend, I mean 12/14-12/15.

Offline 127001

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 14:02:24 »
I sent this to BroCaps and I thought i'd post this here just so people in CONUS/Canada know what's going on on my end. I was AFK from Thanksgiving until today.

Oh crap I meant to post an update in the Kishsaver thread. I was AFK for a little while. Last I checked I placed an order for boxes at USPS. They said it was "processing". I'm not sure what that meant. Hoping to have boxes at the PO this week. If they don't have them waiting for me, I might buy separate non-flat rate boxes or stuff them in medium flat rate boxes. I want to send these out this coming weekend. Next weekend at the latest.

For the time being, they've all been looked over and I went through the boards that had weird sliding noises and fixed the clips. I took pictures of those in the sale thread. There's only one egregious board and tinlong said he wanted to auction/sell that at a later point.

Sorry for the wait and lack of updates :(. Please let me know if you have anymore questions. I'll post the same info in the Kishsaver thread soon.

By next weekend, I mean 12/14-12/15.

I assume you haven't received the 50-keys yet?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 14:06:52 »

No, I'm still waiting on those. Last I heard tinlong hadn't sent them out and he's been busy according the earlier posts. If you want I can send your 50key separate from your 62key or wait until they both show up. I'll be waiting to send both the 50key and 62key for lcs at the same time.

Offline 127001

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 14:22:20 »

No, I'm still waiting on those. Last I heard tinlong hadn't sent them out and he's been busy according the earlier posts. If you want I can send your 50key separate from your 62key or wait until they both show up. I'll be waiting to send both the 50key and 62key for lcs at the same time.

Gotcha, just curious mostly. If it's possible I'd prefer they be shipped separately. Let me know if that costs more.

Thanks for the update and all your work.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 14:23:36 »
Gotcha, just curious mostly. If it's possible I'd prefer they be shipped separately. Let me know if that costs more.

Thanks for the update and all your work.

It's going to cost more. I'll take it to PMs since it's only you that has both boards coming.

And no worries. I hope we all can have Kishsavers for Christmas :D.

Edit: I forgot to mention this explicitly but I'm going to be asking for a dollar extra in shipping costs to cover the shipping materials. For example, if I'm sending a flat rate game board box, I'd be asking for $16.85+$1. Hope this isn't an issue. I thought that was implied before but I just want to be clear. I need to buy a bunch of packing paper, bubble wrap, and tape. I'll also try to nail down the shipping costs soon. I'm getting these USPS regional boxes that I've never seen before so I'll have to do some digging.

So you'll be getting invoices from me with the USPS shipping amount + $1 for packing sometime soon.

Edit 2: I guess there's some confusion on costs so I'm posting here -

$80+$4 = $84 = Kishsaver and paypal fees
$35+$1.50 = $36.50 = Shipping from Tinlong to me and paypal fees
<$16.85+$1 = $17.85 Max = USPS shipping from me to you + $1 for packing materials. I've explained why this fee might change above.

$84 + $36.50 + $17.85 = $138.85.

These fees obviously change if you're not in CONUS and I'll need to take shipping payment as goods. I will invoice you all for shipping in CONUS when I get that information.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 December 2013, 21:42:35 by CPTBadAss »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 20:02:36 »
Double posting 'cause I have good news. I'm like Professor Farnsworth:

The USPS Regional Rate C boxes came in. They fit the Kishsavers perfectly and have plenty of room for the paper/bubblewrap. Another night this week I will figure out the shipping costs.

Also to anyone wondering:

All NA kishsavers except for the dented one have been claimed and paid for. There is a wait list on DT. And that list of the boards GH style can be found here. Any other information will need to be asked to tinlong117 since I don't know anything else about wait lists or extras. I have the NA ones, the dented board, and no others.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 December 2013, 21:28:03 by CPTBadAss »

Offline 127001

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 21:36:04 »
This is very, very exciting :D

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 04:50:55 »
Will send the rest(US, GB, DE and NL) tomorrow. For the rest(individual shipping), I will send it on next week.

Offline tinlong117

Re: F (shipping ->20% done)
« Reply #165 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 10:32:41 »
Uhh..forgot tto update.

Shipped GB/NL/DE packages

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: ssk and more ibm stuff
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 11:17:54 »
Ouch!

I really want a Kishysaver, but OUCH.

Show Image

I'm still very interested in getting one.

Is this from Jurassic Park?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #167 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 14:22:49 »
So I have a bit of an issue guys. Remember how I said this was my first time proxying things? It's showing now. I looked at the rates and they show the following for the regional rate boxes. I thought it was going to be a flat rate and I was wrong. If you search for regional rate boxes you'll see the range of prices. And this shows the zones from my zipcode.

Obviously I'm not wanting to charge $40 for shipping by USPS. So now we have two solutions:

1) Pack them in a medium USPS flat rate box. Cost of shipping will be ~$15.40 plus $1 for packing supplies. It's a tight fight and I can't get too much packaging in there. Bubble wrap and box. I wanted to do bubble wrap + paper + box.

2) Pack them in a game board flate rate box. Cost of shippnig will be ~$17 plus $1 for packing supplies. It will be HUGE and I'll have to stuff tons of papers into each box.

I'm leaning towards the medium flat rate boxes. Any objections or other ideas? I don't want to get a normal box and try it shipping like that since the boards are really heavy. I think the USPS flat rates will benefit us here. If I don't get another idea or better solution by Monday, I'm going to get some medium flat rate boxes.

I apologize in advance for getting anyone stressed over this.

Edited to fix the pricing.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 December 2013, 22:09:50 by CPTBadAss »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 14:40:49 »
So I have a bit of an issue guys. Remember how I said this was my first time proxying things? It's showing now. I looked at the rates and they show the following for the regional rate boxes. I thought it was going to be a flat rate and I was wrong. If you search for regional rate boxes you'll see the range of prices. And this shows the zones from my zipcode.

Obviously I'm not wanting to charge $40 for shipping by USPS. So now we have two solutions:

1) Pack them in a medium USPS flat rate box. Cost of shipping will be ~$12 plus $1 for packing supplies. It's a tight fight and I can't get too much packaging in there. Bubble wrap and box. I wanted to do bubble wrap + paper + box.

2) Pack them in a game board flate rate box. Cost of shippnig will be ~$17 plus $1 for packing supplies. It will be HUGE and I'll have to stuff tons of papers into each box.

I'm leaning towards the medium flat rate boxes. Any objections or other ideas? I don't want to get a normal box and try it shipping like that since the boards are really heavy. I think the USPS flat rates will benefit us here. If I don't get another idea or better solution by Monday, I'm going to get some medium flat rate boxes.

Your doing an awesome job sir, full disclosure and going out of your way, anyone would be lucky to have you as a proxy
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: F (shipping -&gt;20% done)
« Reply #169 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 14:52:52 »
My personal opinion, and how I would prefer you ship mine if given the choice, would be to use the USPS Large Flat Rate (Board Game) box. Just wrap the keyboard  in a couple layers of the large bubble wrap, and fill the rest of the box with newspaper. That's how I always ship large keyboards. For newspapers, just go grab a stack of those free classified ads (Thrifty Nickel, Penny Saver, etc.).
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Game Theory

« Reply #170 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 14:54:48 »
1) Pack them in a medium USPS flat rate box. Cost of shipping will be ~$12 plus $1 for packing supplies. It's a tight fight and I can't get too much packaging in there. Bubble wrap and box. I wanted to do bubble wrap + paper + box.

I'd lean toward the medium flat rate box too but if packed like jdcarpe suggests I'd be fine with that too.  I do not think the game boxes are normal in stock at the local post offices.  Don't fret.
... he's just a poor kid from the stupid ages.
Realforce 104UG | Realforce 91U | IBM SSK | IBM 5251 BeamSpring | IBM Model F XT |  IBM Model F AT | IBM SSK | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX Blue) | KMAC LE (MX Green)| Northgate Omni Key 101 | Avant Stellar Prime

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #171 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 16:22:10 »

You're doing a great job CPT, don't worry.  :D It doesn't matter to me if medium or large flat rate boxes are used. I don't mind paying extra for large flat rate if they are going to work better.
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Re: F (shipping -&gt;20% done)
« Reply #172 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 16:33:50 »
My personal opinion, and how I would prefer you ship mine if given the choice, would be to use the USPS Large Flat Rate (Board Game) box. Just wrap the keyboard  in a couple layers of the large bubble wrap, and fill the rest of the box with newspaper. That's how I always ship large keyboards. For newspapers, just go grab a stack of those free classified ads (Thrifty Nickel, Penny Saver, etc.).

This.

Offline 127001

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 18:52:07 »
Is it a regional C type box? If it is I would prefer the whatever you think is best.
If it's a regional B type box, I think that would be fine for me.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 18:53:54 »
Is it a regional C type box? If it is I would prefer the whatever you think is best.

Yes it's a regional C type box. I don't want to ship it because I'm getting quotes for some locations at $40 which is crazy.

Offline 127001

« Reply #175 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 19:00:20 »

Yes it's a regional C type box. I don't want to ship it because I'm getting quotes for some locations at $40 which is crazy.

Can you show picks of what it looks like to have a lush in a medium flat rate? Thanks again for all your work dude.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #176 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 19:35:01 »
Can you show picks of what it looks like to have a lush in a medium flat rate? Thanks again for all your work dude.

I'm not taking any more pictures. I hope these will do.

Edit: I thought it would be quick and I ended up taking like 30 to get three decent pictures...stupid phone.

Edit 2: Accidently posted my address
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 December 2013, 22:10:12 by CPTBadAss »

Offline 127001

« Reply #177 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 19:55:27 »
Yeah... Best wait for the game boxes... Thanks again.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #178 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 19:56:47 »

If we're waiting, there is a strong possibility these won't ship until after Christmas. I'm not sure if they have 25 game board boxes at the PO. I know they have a few at mine but not all of them.

Offline tinlong117

Re: KISHSHAVER 2 extra! (CONUS ONLY)
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 19:57:42 »
2 KISHSHAVERS ARE UP FOR GRABS.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: KISHSHAVER 2 extra! (NA ONLY) (SHIPPING---->80%)
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 20:02:34 »

Sadly I need money....take them, take care of my babies someone! Inc Halverson sale soon....

Offline 127001

« Reply #181 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 20:04:21 »

If we're waiting, there is a strong possibility these won't ship until after Christmas. I'm not sure if they have 25 game board boxes at the PO. I know they have a few at mine but not all of them.

I personally don't mind that (is been like 2 months as it is) but I can see why others may. If you're looking to get this done with and you think they'll make it go for it. If you do though I would be inclined to adding a little extra to the shipping cost to put some insurance on them beyond the free $50

Offline Aer Fixus

Re: KISHSHAVER 2 extra! (CONUS ONLY)
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 20:57:06 »
Dibs! Can I dibs one? If so, DIBS!
(yes. That means I want one. If I'm posting out of turn, sorry. I'm just excited)

Edit: I saw the auction. Ignore this post. Unless of course I can outright buy one :P
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 December 2013, 20:59:57 by Aer Fixus »

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 20:59:14 »
Dibs! Can I dibs one? If so, DIBS!
(yes. That means I want one. If I'm posting out of turn, sorry. I'm just excited)

Please drop me a pm.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 21:23:44 »
-

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 21:28:41 »
I want one badly  :'(

I have sat online for hours searching the web for them to no avail.

Offline Aer Fixus

« Reply #186 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 21:41:15 »

I've found one listed out of my price range. It is the only one I've seen on the entirety of the internet and it's on a pretty shady website. I've called them, sent them e-mails regarding a price drop or any information on it, but they have not responded in any way. They also don't accept PayPal which makes me cautious to give them money.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #187 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 21:42:34 »

I've found one listed out of my price range. It is the only one I've seen on the entirety of the internet and it's on a pretty shady website. I've called them, sent them e-mails regarding a price drop or any information on it, but they have not responded in any way. They also don't accept PayPal which makes me cautious to give them money.
All websites I have contacted for quotes respond saying there is no stock.

Offline Aer Fixus

« Reply #188 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 21:43:55 »

All websites I have contacted for quotes respond saying there is no stock.
This one specifically lists having a single one in stock. It could be incorrect, but it's more promising than "request a price"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 21:56:51 »
Just a heads up, People looking to buy the last 2 kishsavers in NA. They are part of the 25 in my apartment right now. When tinlong lets me know who gets the two, I will ship them out with the rest of them. All of the previous conversation on the last 2 pages about shipping applies to your boards as well.

So yes I'm still deciding on boxes and yes, if I have to order Game Board Flat Rate boxes, there is a strong possibility these may not ship until after Christmas due to my work schedule. It takes 3-5 business days to get the order of boxes in.

Edit: Oh and the shipping on the flat rate is $15.40, not $12. Bad memory

Edit 2: This post only refers to me shipping them. If you want to buy them please ask tinlong117
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 December 2013, 10:26:43 by CPTBadAss »

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 22:46:19 »
I'm tempted to snag another one if you have it cpt...

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #191 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 05:15:39 »
Fk if this was international....
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #192 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 05:17:16 »
Fk if this was international....

I'm sure somebody can help you to get one to sweden.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #193 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 05:18:35 »
Ya im thinking about it, it would cost alot of shipping tho

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #194 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 05:20:37 »
Ya im thinking about it, it would cost alot of shipping tho

yeah, but this is a maybe once in a life chance... we're not talking about some poker or filco here... I doubt you see those again

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #195 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 05:21:11 »
Jag älskar dig.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #196 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 05:22:46 »
Jag älskar dig.

you know that sentence in every language? I see, maximizing the chances to get women in bed all around the world.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #197 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 05:30:50 »

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
Re: KISHSHAVER 2 extra! (NA ONLY) (SHIPPING----&gt;80%)
« Reply #198 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 09:06:30 »
Sent you a PM. I might have to sell some stuff, but at least I'll have another model F :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #199 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 18:04:19 »
I made an executive decision: USPS Board Game Flat Rate boxes for all. I got extremely lucky and one of the post offices I stopped at had a 25pack of the boxes for me. So I have the boxes, bubble wrap, and packing paper now. Packing supplies cost me $30 even. I'll take a picture of the receipt upon request.

I will try and have all of these mailed out Friday 12/13 and Saturday 12/14.

That means I need you guys to pay me shipping ASAP. I will send a PM with my Paypal address; please send as Goods. I have included the Paypal fees. If you don't pay me, I don't ship.

Pricing is:
$15.30 (Flat rate for box) + $1.20 (Shipping supplies) + $.80 (PayPal fee of $.30+2.9%) = $17.30 for shipping if you're in CONUS. I have everyone's address so there's no need to PM me that, just FYI.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 December 2013, 18:23:28 by CPTBadAss »