Author Topic: What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?  (Read 244207 times)

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
Re: What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 08:39:39 »
CM Storm Alcor.

While I really love how the AVAGO 3090 sensor has been pushed to its limits with a new MCU, I really don't like any MS 3.0 shaped mice... It's strange, I know, but I really prefer mice that are focused on claw/fingertip grips, like the Corsair M40 (my favorite), the Logitech G9x (my second favorite) and the Roccat SAVU.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline usno_oj

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 07:57:34 »
Zowie FK1 w/ hyperglide skates

The tracking and sensor is perfect. No frills, no software needed.
One of the best, if not the best mouse I have used in a while.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 08:53:35 »
Dell M-UVDEL1. It's the OEM ambidextrous mouse with silver buttons and dark blue shell that came with Dell OptiPlex desktops for years. Made by Logitech, it's well built. If you look inside, there's a 15g piece of metal screwed to the top shell; unscrew it and voila! the mouse is suddenly 5g lighter than WMO (which weighs about 75 g). My only complaint is that the sensor sucks (400 cpi + acceleration; prediction on par with A3050).

Now, compare that to Zowie FK, for example. Long story short, Zowie wants you to pay €50 premium for better tracking, ****ty coating and customer "service". Pathetic.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 13:56:30 »
Dell M-UVDEL1. It's the OEM ambidextrous mouse with silver buttons and dark blue shell that came with Dell OptiPlex desktops for years. Made by Logitech, it's well built. If you look inside, there's a 15g piece of metal screwed to the top shell; unscrew it and voila! the mouse is suddenly 5g lighter than WMO (which weighs about 75 g). My only complaint is that the sensor sucks (400 cpi + acceleration; prediction on par with A3050).

Now, compare that to Zowie FK, for example. Long story short, Zowie wants you to pay €50 premium for better tracking, ****ty coating and customer "service". Pathetic.

have you tried the logitech g100s?
it also has the metal piece in the top shell, and is about 60something grams after it is removed. no acceleration, no prediction, very responsive, omron switches etc. 500-1000-2000 dpi etc.
small and not too dissimilar to your Dell mouse.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 14:23:07 »
I haven't, because it's supposedly based on the same design as Zowie MiCO, i.e. Logitech Mini Optical Mouse. I own that one, but seem to prefer a slightly different shape most of the time—Roccat Lua. Although, I'll probably test the logitech, if a good deal appears.

The dell has appeared on my desk by accident; my parents wanted to throw it away for no apparent reason, together with a few horrible Genius mice and a Logitech LX3, which I love. I gave it a try after years, because it doesn't hurt to change grips every now and then.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 21:34:20 »
I gave it a try after years, because it doesn't hurt to change grips every now and then.

Always change mice so that your hand doesn't become too dependent upon one type of mouse.  Plus its good to change so that your fingers/hand becomes acclimatized to various setups and you can easily change your preferences.  The key to survival in this world is to be flexible and adapt to any situation. 

Don't become a loser that specializes with only using ONE type of mouse and refuses to change their method of working, you need to use various input devices that are available in this world.  Besides the mouse is the absolute cheapest device when it comes to building a PC from scratch, so there is no excuse to not getting several to use and swap around.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 05:05:29 »
Well, I'd prefer to avoid using mice at all. I hope to build a custom trackball housing with plenty of keyboard switches for push buttons some day. Perhaps eye tracking will mature in the meantime.

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:30:23 »
g9x... and it's terribly slow on os x

i really don't want to go the apple magic anything route but none of these mice look promising on this ****ing OS.

I use a Logitech M500 for my iMac and I love it. It's way better than any other mouse I've tried with OS X. I can't believe Apple is still churning out those Mighty Mouses. They are such CRAP! Almost as bad as the 1st generation iMac puck mouse.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline smarmar

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:33:48 »
At work I use the glorious Logitech G400 next to my Model M.
Attached to my gaming PC is the oft-underrated Logitech G9x (Call of Duty edition). I set the LEDs to match the chartreuse green of the lights on my Hi-Tek RT-101.
Accompanying the Motias Tactile Pro on my 2006 iMac is the handsome Logitech M500.
Next to my backup gaming rig resides the Ms Sidewinder X5 (meh). I'll be replacing it someday for something a little more gainly and tactile.
Last but not least, my ol' lass uses the classic Logitech MX518.
Miscellaneous mice include: Apple Magic Mouse, Ms Intellimouse (ball), Logitech 3-button (ball).

Sorry for the long-winded story; I'm passionate about my mouses :)
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:41:40 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 14:12:24 by esoomenona »

Offline smarmar

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:59:07 »
I'm curious as to what you all think of the Mad Catz R.A.T. 7. I briefly tried my friend's and it feels really nice. I need to upgrade one of my existing mice and I'm caught between the R.A.T. and maybe SteelSeries or one of the newer Logitechs.
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the Logitech G5. It used to be my favourite mouse (and probably still is) until it kicked the bucket several years ago. I cried.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 18:36:30 »
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the Logitech G5. It used to be my favourite mouse (and probably still is) until it kicked the bucket several years ago. I cried.

It still is at my place.  Have a working G5 connected up to a PC for over 6 years now, only downside it's old style scroll wheel is a pisser, because I am firmly addicted to the G500 with it's free-scrolling wheel, the best invention by Logitech ever.  Pity they don't apply it on every mouse or that any other manufacturer can make it for their own devices  ::) .

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 22:07:50 »
for most of us really picky users, the G5 isn't a good mouse due to its sensor. it has a bit of built-in somewhat random acceleration which makes it very inconsistent for fast FPS games.
I think the RAT is generally disliked due to its build quality, but I can't say as I've not owned one.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #163 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 22:49:42 »
for most of us really picky users, the G5 isn't a good mouse due to its sensor. it has a bit of built-in somewhat random acceleration which makes it very inconsistent for fast FPS games.

So true but the G5 isn't used in gaming at all.  I am mostly an internet user by far with little to no gaming required in my usage.  Hence laser and/or optical sensors have no exacting requirements for net usage.

Currently have set up another PC with my old favourite the G700 which after all these years still works nicely with a single Eneloop batt.  I'm still a Logitech lover despite my hatred of them, you have to despise the ones you love because it's a natural tendency among humans everywhere  ;) .
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 22:51:21 by Elrick »

Offline smarmar

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 20:57:32 »

It still is at my place.  Have a working G5 connected up to a PC for over 6 years now, only downside it's old style scroll wheel is a pisser, because I am firmly addicted to the G500 with it's free-scrolling wheel, the best invention by Logitech ever.  Pity they don't apply it on every mouse or that any other manufacturer can make it for their own devices  ::) .

I love the free-scroll feature (except for the G9x, which can be a tad fidgety). I keep my M500 on permanent free-scroll. My lass primarily used the G5 when it was still alive and she tends to go through mice faster than most folks (heavy fingers, I suppose).

Offline caseyandgina

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:11:39 »

i really don't want to go the apple magic anything route but none of these mice look promising on this ****ing OS.

I use a Logitech M500 for my iMac and I love it. It's way better than any other mouse I've tried with OS X. I can't believe Apple is still churning out those Mighty Mouses. They are such CRAP! Almost as bad as the 1st generation iMac puck mouse.

Why do you feel that way? I'm using a Zowie FK1 now (max DPI setting, min OS sensitivity setting, great combo) and it's great but previously I was using Mighty Mice for several years and really liked them.

Offline Glenn315

• Hey
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:24:55 »
I have been using the Mionix Avior 7000. It's okay.  :p

Offline smarmar

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 15:31:17 »

Why do you feel that way? I'm using a Zowie FK1 now (max DPI setting, min OS sensitivity setting, great combo) and it's great but previously I was using Mighty Mice for several years and really liked them.

Maybe I was being a tad harsh  :rolleyes:  The Might Mouse that came with my 2006 iMac didn't feel good under my hand, the movement was too slow (on the fastest setting), and the omni-button kept getting stuck with dust and junk.  The Logitech M500 is waaaaaaaaaaaay better!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 15:50:30 »
I'm back to the current gen Roccat Kone XTD. I had the original one, the Roccat Kone [ + ] and they have always been one of the most comfortable mice I have ever used.
The first one was used until the left mouse button stopped clicking and the second one ran into the infamous scroll wheel bug.
Went a step down to the Roccat Kova [ + ] but it was just slightly too small for my hands. Still going strong though.

As I have fairly large hands (long fingers) the Kone just fits. That and it looks badass.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline pharaoh

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 14:22:44 »
zowie am

my path to this mouse.   mx 518-mx518-mamba-deathadder3.5g-AM-fk1-AM

I've used a ton of mice, but these i'd consider worthy of being in the list.  others only spent a day or two on my desk.  deathadder 2013 is terrible imo
hhkb type-s| jd40 | jd45 | keycool87

Offline Rebral

• .::.::.::.::.
« Reply #170 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 20:51:28 »
I switch between the Rival and the g502.

Though I'm alright with the g502 shape, having used a g400 in the past, I much prefer a bigger mouse for I have big hands.

Offline wetto

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 01:10:24 »
Func MS-3:

Weird 'little' thing...  :-X
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #172 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 01:48:12 »
I have been using the R.A.T. 5 for the last 4 years and love the way it sits in my hand.  I am not one to so much hold the mouse as just let my hand rest on it.  Only complaint I have about this mouse is having to edit my xorg file everytime i use it on linux after first installs and after almost any update having to do with X.
eh o well

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 01:53:38 »
I am currently using a Naga Epic.  I am not a huge fan of razor but going off looks alone the side buttons looked easier to reach all of them than on the Logitech version.  I use it in wired mode with the battery installed for extra weight.  I do actually use all the side buttons on my raiding rogue in WoW.  Coupled with my orbweaver I don't have to point and click any ability when in combat while circle strafing and using push to talk for voice chat.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #174 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 13:47:45 »
Been using a G602 for about a week, and holy crap this thing is awesome. Amazing battery life, too.

Offline wetto

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:01:30 »
Been using a G602 for about a week, and holy crap this thing is awesome. Amazing battery life, too.

Yup. It's not flawless though, the range is a bit on the short side (3 meters) and I really don't like its scroll encoder, but yeah, it's surely the best wireless mouse ever made up to date.
My collection:
More

Offline telegraphist

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 16:05:13 »
There's a similar thread for keyboards, so why not about pointing devices as well?

I'll start:
  • CH Products DT225 (USB) and Kensington SlimBlade trackballs at one setup (slimblade for scrolling and fast movements, DT225 for accuracy and wonderful Japanese omrons)
  • bare Logitech G9x at the other one
LUGULAKE Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse, Wired, Right Hand - feells to me much more ergonomic than regular mice (I had many) and is amazingly inexpensive, while highly rated. Just checked Amazon for its proper name and find out that it's on sale today for just $9.99. I have purchased this mouse and the Anker® CE100 Ergonomic Optical USB Wired Vertical Mouse 1000 / 1600 DPI, 5 Buttons for $13.99 so I could compare them and returned the latter, even though it looks rather cool, better than the LUGULAKE in my opinion, but functioned much worse.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 October 2014, 23:10:28 by telegraphist »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 18:25:03 »
Yup. It's not flawless though, the range is a bit on the short side (3 meters) and I really don't like its scroll encoder, but yeah, it's surely the best wireless mouse ever made up to date.

Mainly using it for work and some WoW, and it's absolutely amazing. I wouldn't use it for more hardcore gaming though, I don't really trust wireless yet for things like FPS

Offline wetto

« Reply #178 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 19:00:39 »

Mainly using it for work and some WoW, and it's absolutely amazing. I wouldn't use it for more hardcore gaming though, I don't really trust wireless yet for things like FPS

Well, give it a try, although there's really a reason why wireless will never be better than wired...

Feels pretty smooth, but the refresh rate really isn't stable.
My collection:
More

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 23:05:14 »
Is that on the Performance mode? If so.... ugh, that's terrible.

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #180 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 23:30:49 »
I want a logitech g702s.   They need to hurry up and release one.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline wetto

« Reply #181 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 17:17:42 »

Yeah it is...

If they do so, it needs a few changes from the G700S:

1. Needs to weight a little bit less (at least 20 grams).
2. Battery needs to last at least 5x more. For god's sake, make it use one of those "new" miraculous batteries we all see on the news every god damn week and never on our peripherals, they may even charge us more for that (see how much the R.A.T 7 and the Mamba cost and people still buy them?).

But PLEASE, don't make us have to recharge it every 2-3 days.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 October 2014, 17:20:02 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #182 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 17:28:43 »

Yeah it is...

If they do so, it needs a few changes from the G700S:

1. Needs to weight a little bit less (at least 20 grams).
2. Battery needs to last at least 5x more. For god's sake, make it use one of those "new" miraculous batteries we all see on the news every god damn week and never on our peripherals, they may even charge us more for that (see how much the R.A.T 7 and the Mamba cost and people still buy them?).

But PLEASE, don't make us have to recharge it every 2-3 days.

The 602s has amazing battery life and the 502 proteus has all the bells and whistles.   It wouldn't take a lot of effort for them to release a wireless gaming/productivity mouse that fit the 700 slot.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 12:16:43 »
I'm using a Zowie FK with the guts of the FK1.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 13:38:45 »

nice. I like that idea. wonder if I can fit FK1 internals in an EC2 eVo...

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #185 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 19:20:00 »
The 602s has amazing battery life and the 502 proteus has all the bells and whistles.   It wouldn't take a lot of effort for them to release a wireless gaming/productivity mouse that fit the 700 slot.

I'd buy it, as long as it had the sensor of the G402s :)

Offline wetto

« Reply #186 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 00:26:19 »

The G602 already uses a modification of the AVAGO AM010 sensor (which is G402's sensor), so, you're already doing that  :p
My collection:
More

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #187 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 13:06:02 »

nice. I like that idea. wonder if I can fit FK1 internals in an EC2 eVo...
You might be able to make it work with some modding, but it's not a simple swap like the FK/FK1/AM (all you need to do is unscrew/screw things in with those).

Offline pharaoh

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 13:57:25 »
zowie am :3
hhkb type-s| jd40 | jd45 | keycool87

Offline ikerclon

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 01:42:21 »
I've using a pen tablet for several years now. Right now, since I use two monitors and I do not use the full surface of the tablet (I map a part of it to the monitors), I am using a small Wacom Bamboo, but mainly I use Intuos at work. Since I feel very slow with the mouse since several years ago, I've played games like 'Quake 3' and 'Call of Duty 4' using the pen (on 'mouse' or 'relative' mode; otherwise it does not work properly). And surprisingly I was not worse than when I used to use a mouse. Not having to drag the bottom of the mouse around made me feel lighter and with faster moves.

If you want to have a weird (and maybe life changing!) experience, try it out!

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #190 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 11:15:09 »

The G602 already uses a modification of the AVAGO AM010 sensor (which is G402's sensor), so, you're already doing that  :p

yay! I didn't realize the G602 was an optical. Makes me <3 it even more

Offline wetto

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 13:27:03 »

yay! I didn't realize the G602 was an optical. Makes me <3 it even more

Yup, that's why even with a lower refresh rate than other gaming mice and even some stability problems (which almost every wireless mouse has as well), it feels better than any other wireless mouse ever made. It's an IR Optical sensor, if you want to see the LED, just use your cellphone camera and look at it through it (after moving the mouse).

There's others wireless optical gaming mouse as well, such as the A4Tech Bloody R8A, which uses an AVAGO 3050, but honestly, its tracking really isn't that good and A4Tech decided to "increase" the maximum DPI up to 3200 through interpolation.

That's some heavy jitter right there above 1600 DPI, but that's what happens when you try to exceed the maximum DPI a sensor was designed for (anything above 2000).

There's also a little bit of it at 400 DPIs, since that's not a native DPI step.

Anyways, sure the G602 has a couple of flaws, but it's without any doubt the best wireless gaming mouse made up to date. Try to give it a try at gaming, you might even get surprised.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 October 2014, 13:37:41 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #192 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 01:10:35 »
fk1  :thumb:

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #193 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 21:42:52 »
Sensei Raw but I'll probably move to a CST trackball once I convince myself to buy one
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #194 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 07:17:57 »
CM Storm Alcor. It's a lovely piece of hardware, but the firmware/configuration could be much better. In particular, there's no polling rate option between 1 kHz and 125 Hz, I'd love to have closer dpi steps (like 800/1000/1600/2000, if possible), lights are an abomination, and the flashing tool obviously doesn't work outside MS Windows.

Offline wetto

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 08:56:58 »
CM Storm Alcor. It's a lovely piece of hardware, but the firmware/configuration could be much better. In particular, there's no polling rate option between 1 kHz and 125 Hz, I'd love to have closer dpi steps (like 800/1000/1600/2000, if possible), lights are an abomination, and the flashing tool obviously doesn't work outside MS Windows.

Firmware 2.2.0 fixes that (400/800/1600/2000), although you really need Windows to apply it  :rolleyes:
My collection:
More

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 08:58:09 »
kensington slimblade

loving this thing
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #197 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 09:42:39 »

Firmware 2.2.0 fixes that (400/800/1600/2000), although you really need Windows to apply it  :rolleyes:
2.2.1 is what I'm going to use, as soon as I manage to restore a WinY2K8 VM, but it bothers me that (1) the 1600 dpi setting has the blue light on (and I don't want to void the warranty straight away by desoldering the backlighting), (2) there's no step between 800 and 1600 dpi (it should be technically possible, right?), (3) 500Hz polling rate isn't supported (okay, maybe they did some magic and avoided jitter at 2000 dpi; I'm surprised that I don't notice any jitter at 1600 dpi with the 1.2.0 firmware, but 3200 dpi is already bad).

Offline wetto

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 13:49:20 »

2.2.1 is what I'm going to use, as soon as I manage to restore a WinY2K8 VM, but it bothers me that (1) the 1600 dpi setting has the blue light on (and I don't want to void the warranty straight away by desoldering the backlighting), (2) there's no step between 800 and 1600 dpi (it should be technically possible, right?), (3) 500Hz polling rate isn't supported (okay, maybe they did some magic and avoided jitter at 2000 dpi; I'm surprised that I don't notice any jitter at 1600 dpi with the 1.2.0 firmware, but 3200 dpi is already bad).

The AVAGO 3090 has a very limited number of preset DPI steps and you can't really choose anything in between without using interpolation (and somehow my spidey senses tell me that 400 and 2000 are not native DPI steps, rather they're 800 and 4000 DPIs cleanly divided by two).

I'd say that if you want something even better, it'd be nice to wait for the CM Storm Alcor+ (Alcor with a AVAGO/Pixart PMW 3310 sensor and Mizar's body), but god knows when that thing is going to release... :(
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 November 2014, 13:52:37 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #199 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 16:12:46 »
Zowie disagree with their completely different steps. ~_^

I'll just keep waiting for a good deal on Kone Pure Military, and maybe try to reverse engineer the firmware to get rid of the backlighting, if nothing else.