Author Topic: [GB] Dolphin and EM7 Raffle - All boards have shipped! So long, everyone!  (Read 323438 times)

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
UPDATE

I have spoken again today with someone on tams account, they have asked me to relay the following info

He believes he has refunded most of the people who have contacted him so far, if anyone still needs a refund please email again with the subject line refund, he believes he can get these all finished up either today or tomorrow, and then provide the list and funds to linn for the people who still wish to receive their boards shortly after

Big thanks to those keeping this civil, much appreciated

This is so frustrating.  I've requested a refund, but really I don't want it.  I want that em7.  Man, I'm out of goodwill and trust, but I don't want to be.  Why would a scammer process refunds in the first place???  Why now?  Ugh.

i feel you man. Still hoping to  get it directly from the maker  :'(
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Tams account has informed me only 3-4 refunds left which he believes will be done today and that a final numbers list has been sent to linn, he is waiting for a confirmation of outstanding balance on the new final order list from linn and will then pay it immediately
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline sitch

Received my refund moments ago, thanks nam!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
can confirm i have seen the final numbers have been sent to linn and confirmed and that all communication is going well on that side of things

Offline LoLPirate

Recevied my refund!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline nevaenuf

Anyone got direct access to Linn?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
In the interest of helping this group buy proceed as smoothly as possible (it can use all the help it can get for that), please keep any new discussion on topic.  Any off-topic chat, memes, name-calling, etc. are subject to removal.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline _BMW_M3_

I believe that Tam/Nam/Shin (whomever) has almost completed all requested refunds. I'm speaking with Lynn right now. He told me Tam/Nam/Shin (whomever) is ready to send him the money for the rest of the members that did not request a refund.

I will speak with Lynn to figure out how people can directly purchase from him. Stay tuned. Things are happening.

Dolphin v1 LE | TGR Jane | LZ Ergo

Offline TerryMathews

I believe that Tam/Nam/Shin (whomever) has almost completed all requested refunds. I'm speaking with Lynn right now. He told me Tam/Nam/Shin (whomever) is ready to send him the money for the rest of the members that did not request a refund.

I will speak with Lynn to figure out how people can directly purchase from him. Stay tuned. Things are happening.

I would be interested in purchasing from you or Linn directly if we can be assured of a reasonable turnaround time.

Offline nevaenuf

Thanks a million.  I ultimately want the keyboard.  I just wasn't happy with the way things were going.

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
I didn’t request a refund. Hopefully I’ll get the boards :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 May 2018, 09:05:13 by iamtootallforthis »
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline nocturalowl

Refund request sent, sorry i'm late to submit my refund request

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
Got my refund.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline nocturalowl

Got my refund.

Me too, thanks nam !  :thumb:

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
Me too!
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
Me too!

Me three!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Me too!

Me three!

Me four!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Just been informed the transfer has left towards linns account and been shown the screenshots to verify that

Should take 1-2 days for linn to receive

Offline airs

Wait, what? So if we got a refund from Nam how do we get our boards?
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT

There is currently nothing in place for that, once you receive a refund the matter is closed

That being said boards were already made, and linn I’m sure will want to sell them after completion of this buy so I’d imagine news on that will pop up fairly soon, hopefully people from the original buy will get priority on those

Offline LoLPirate

I believe if you opted for a refund, you don't get actually get a board

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline airs

I thought the funds were not going to Linn and that was the whole reason refunds were happening? Otherwise what’s the point?
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
I thought the funds were not going to Linn and that was the whole reason refunds were happening? Otherwise what’s the point?

the point is people did not think the fund would go to linn. Tam went AWOL so people just want to be safe and took the refund right now instead of waiting. Linn himself did say that his personal problem and PCB issues were just resolved recently so I did not request a refund.
==============

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT

Some people based on some evidence and delays didn’t believe the boards would ever materialise

The person currently handling the buy offered refunds should anyone feel that way and issued them to all who asked for one, the remaining people who wished to stay in the buy, took the chance they would indeed get their board

The funds for the people remaining were transferred today to linn who will be shipping those boards out, and once he receives those funds that would conclude the portion of the buy with the person people didn’t have faith in

Given the way things looked a good percentage of people opted for refunds as people were getting them, so for most this seemed like the safest option regardless of their desire to still get the board

Offline airs

Okay. Can anyone contact Linn and ask how to get the boards we ordered? It would save the buy from being a complete embarrassment.
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline sundin

hopefully people from the original buy will get priority on those
I hope, trully i hope...

Offline _BMW_M3_

To those asking, I'm working with Lynn to allow direct purchasing from him. Those in the GB will be given preference. Whatever is left over will be first come first serve. However, please do not flood me with PMs until it's settled. I will update you when we figure something out. Thanks all.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
To those asking, I'm working with Lynn to allow direct purchasing from him. Those in the GB will be given preference. Whatever is left over will be first come first serve. However, please do not flood me with PMs until it's settled. I will update you when we figure something out. Thanks all.

Thanks for looking into it for us.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
can confirm linn has now received the payment for the remaining people in the GB which to my understanding now concludes what was Tams responsibilities in the buy

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
can confirm linn has now received the payment for the remaining people in the GB which to my understanding now concludes what was Tams responsibilities in the buy

Bunnylake, thanks for your updates. 

Who will be sending us the tracking info once the packages have shipped? Linn or Nam/Tam?

| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT

Bunnylake, thanks for your updates. 

Who will be sending us the tracking info once the packages have shipped? Linn or Nam/Tam?

im under the impression that will be handled by linn and that all shipping info and contact details have been handed over however next time i speak to anyone involved ill try and get a more specific answer to that

Offline afrokobe

hopefully you can set up a reserve system for the gb participants.  If I have to fight to get a board I waited over a year for, I'm not going to be happy

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count

hopefully you can set up a reserve system for the gb participants.  If I have to fight to get a board I waited over a year for, I'm not going to be happy
It would be disgraceful if this wasn't the case. GB participants should get some sort of first dibs or reserve.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!

It would be disgraceful if this wasn't the case. GB participants should get some sort of first dibs or reserve.

The boards are already made in the colourways requested by the original participants.  Just send everyone a note asking if they still want it.  Collect the money. Ship. Then put the extras as FCFS.

That would be the easiest way.

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo

The boards are already made in the colourways requested by the original participants.  Just send everyone a note asking if they still want it.  Collect the money. Ship. Then put the extras as FCFS.

i think the hardest part in the beginning has always been the collecting the money part
==============

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
i think the hardest part in the beginning has always been the collecting the money part

That's true. Hopefully he has a better way of collecting money this time around. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 May 2018, 11:59:48 by OmegaSupreme »

Offline shadowrealmwarez

As someones who's been waiting to see them on mechmarket, and after watching the drama unfold, I don't think so. If you elected for a refund, you got a refund, you're out, someone else gets your spot. My 2 cents though, it isn't fair to get a elect to receive a refund, get it, then want your spot back in line.

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop

but i think it should be easier now since the boards are made and he can ship immediately after payment which is the issue with paypal holding the funds cause the product will still need to be made. But im just speculating on that as its usually the issue for gb runners. And i still really want to see and get my board that i waited for a long time, although now it seems its impossible since the maker doesnt have a counterpart that knows english  :'(
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator

As someones who's been waiting to see them on mechmarket, and after watching the drama unfold, I don't think so. If you elected for a refund, you got a refund, you're out, someone else gets your spot. My 2 cents though, it isn't fair to get a elect to receive a refund, get it, then want your spot back in line.

Maybe, but you didn't have any 'skin in the game'...
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline HotRoderX

I totally get his point of view and yours.. one again to play devil's advocate. People asked for a refund got there refund. There out of it! They made there choices they decided the risk vs reward wasn't a good ratio for them to stick around. I also think the board's should honestly at this point be FCFS or Raffled with no preference. It sucks for people that waited but least they could opt to get there money. People get there product then thats great also. I am sure there will be uproar when if people have to pay a little extra cause of paypal fee's/shipping/unknown cost etc etc. I am sure regardless there will be some sorta drama surrounding it cause people are just dramatic

Also I have no skin in this either way. I wouldn't buy in and didn't but figured I give another prospective from someone that doesn't have any type of desire either way.

Offline shadowrealmwarez

Not really my problem? I have skin in other items floating about that have been delayed already, none as far as the drama that ensued here. But if you've backed out then that's your loss in my opinion, if you pre order an exclusive game bundle, it gets delayed, you refund it, and then it starts shipping you can't just repay and get your bundle back.

Offline MajorKoos

I think it's fair to say that just about everyone who requested a refund was under the impression that the GB was going belly up, cash was reportedly missing and they were about to be ivan'd.  A week later everyone who asked for a refund has one (minus fees) and Linn has been paid in full for the rest.  Net result a bunch of people left scratching their heads wondering why they needed to ask for a refund.  Everyone is out of pocket - the original buyers, Nam, Tam, Linn.  The only ones who profited from this are Paypal.  What a screw up.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 May 2018, 15:31:15 by MajorKoos »

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
I think it's fair to say that just about everyone who requested a refund was under the impression that the GB was going belly up, cash was reportedly missing and they were about to be ivan'd.  A week later everyone who asked for a refund has one (minus fees) and Linn has been paid in full for the rest.  Net result a bunch of people left scratching their heads wondering why they needed to ask for a refund.  Everyone is out of pocket - the original buyers, Nam, Tam, Linn.  The only ones who profited from this are Paypal.  What a screw up.

I mean to be fair to whoever took over the GB at the end, they did mention that boards will be still provided to those who wanted to stay in and not request a refund.

However, those that took the refund did it for good reason, as that statement from the GB runner could have been another lie and it wasn't worth taking a risk for them.

After sticking by the GB for over a year, even though they got a refund, they still deserve the chance to repurchase their boards, now that we know that they are shipping.

I'm not saying Linn can't charge more now to resell their boards to them.  That's between Linn and each participant, but they should at least be given the chance to repurchase first.

That's my 2 cents anyways.

Offline CMYK

I requested a refund because I thought the boards were not going to be delivered.  I still want the board.

Offline TerryMathews

I suspect this is going to be a moot point, I think Linn is going to request payment in a method that offers no protection.

I want my board, but I also want protection.

Offline _BMW_M3_

For those that would like to purchase a board, Lynn has said that he will only accept payment via MoneyGram, as he originally planned. I know this is a very unsatisfactory answer for many of you and after this year long mess, many of you are not comfortable doing this. I completely understand your frustration. Ultimately though, it is up to him on how he'd like to receive payment - after all, Lynn is the one that has paid out of pocket and ultimately he's selling his keyboards. He makes the decisions.

That being said, priority will be given to those that were originally in the group buy. After the initial period of maybe two weeks, it'll be FCFS. I will ask Lynn for details as to how he would like to be contacted and will post here once he tells me.

Please do not spam PM me about getting a spot, angrily post about how it's bs that he's only accepting a certain payment method, etc. It's out of my hands. I'm just here to try to help you get a keyboard. I've already paid for my keyboards via MoneyGram - I did it day one. I understand it's not ideal, but this group buy hasn't been ideal either.

Finally, sorry, I'm not trying to be outwardly rude, I am just genuinely not interested in debating/arguing about what is right and what isn't. I'm only here to help you guys interface with Lynn for a board and help him sell his keyboards so that in October when I meet him I can kick back, drink a beer and say "Holy fk, what a mess that was." I'd like to finish this group buy the best I can and retire from the keeb community.

Offline MajorKoos

For those that would like to purchase a board, Lynn has said that he will only accept payment via MoneyGram, as he originally planned. I know this is a very unsatisfactory answer for many of you and after this year long mess, many of you are not comfortable doing this. I completely understand your frustration. Ultimately though, it is up to him on how he'd like to receive payment - after all, Lynn is the one that has paid out of pocket and ultimately he's selling his keyboards. He makes the decisions.

That being said, priority will be given to those that were originally in the group buy. After the initial period of maybe two weeks, it'll be FCFS. I will ask Lynn for details as to how he would like to be contacted and will post here once he tells me.

Please do not spam PM me about getting a spot, angrily post about how it's bs that he's only accepting a certain payment method, etc. It's out of my hands. I'm just here to try to help you get a keyboard. I've already paid for my keyboards via MoneyGram - I did it day one. I understand it's not ideal, but this group buy hasn't been ideal either.

Finally, sorry, I'm not trying to be outwardly rude, I am just genuinely not interested in debating/arguing about what is right and what isn't. I'm only here to help you guys interface with Lynn for a board and help him sell his keyboards so that in October when I meet him I can kick back, drink a beer and say "Holy fk, what a mess that was." I'd like to finish this group buy the best I can and retire from the keeb community.

Thanks for the info and for sticking with this GB to the end.
After everything else that's happened moneygram is the least of my worries.
In hindsight I should have gone that route as well.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
BMW,

Any idea on when Linn will be shipping the boards for those that are still in the buy?

Offline _BMW_M3_

BMW,

Any idea on when Linn will be shipping the boards for those that are still in the buy?

I'll be speaking with Lynn today to get a date from him. I believe he was waiting on the pending transaction from Shin. I'll update when I hear something.

Thanks for the info and for sticking with this GB to the end.
After everything else that's happened moneygram is the least of my worries.
In hindsight I should have gone that route as well.

No problem. Thanks for sticking with me - I really appreciate it. This has probably been one of the most challenging things I've ever done. I really appreciate your understanding. I will get payment information together ASAP.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
BMW,

Any updates from Lynn regarding shipping?

Has it been confirmed from Lynn that the funds are now in his account?