Author Topic: (WTB) Universal TKL plate WhiteFireDragon GB  (Read 2591 times)

Offline bazemk1979

• Trade Count: (0)
(WTB) Universal TKL plate WhiteFireDragon GB
« on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 18:33:17 »
If anybody bought one, haven't used it and having change of hearts PM me because I'm looking for one. Uni TKL plate that I know as in GB was from WhiteFireDragon, I haven't seen them sold anywhere, if they do sell them somewhere post the link, thanks.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline brighenne

Re: (WTB) Universal TKL plate WhiteFireDragon GB
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 22:15:29 »
Somewhere around here I've got one I was going to use, but decided to KMAC instead.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 22:24:36 »
awesome, Korean custom is the way to go!!! I want to have a small project with this plate to get in groove and get more fluid with the iron before I actually jump on trikx 108. I probably wont be even swaping switches or springs, just want to desolder them, add the new plate, modify the mx housing for the led, lube the heck out of everything and solder back. Will be a good practice before I jump on a Korean project.

Whenever you get a chance look for it and contact PM when you find ok?
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 May 2013, 22:27:04 by bazemk1979 »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 12:50:22 »
Bump and wating on brighenne answer

Offline remedyhalopc

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 15:34:35 »
awesome, Korean custom is the way to go!!! I want to have a small project with this plate to get in groove and get more fluid with the iron before I actually jump on trikx 108. I probably wont be even swaping switches or springs, just want to desolder them, add the new plate, modify the mx housing for the led, lube the heck out of everything and solder back. Will be a good practice before I jump on a Korean project.

if you just want to desolder, then why not use a stock board? It makes way more sense than buying something that's already of limited quantity for what is essentially practice. You can practice on stock plates just fine.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 19:51:53 »

if you just want to desolder, then why not use a stock board? It makes way more sense than buying something that's already of limited quantity for what is essentially practice. You can practice on stock plates just fine.

its from limited quantity but I got pm from dragon and he said he will be having a stash in a month, possible to preorder now I guess.

Its only for practice yes, but if I'm going to desolder, lube everything, sticker, modify the caps where the led goes I rather have it done on a new plate. On another note, it brings value to the board, most likely will sell it after I'm done with it, so really what I invest was 60 for the board, 40 for plate and stickers, I see modified boards like this peeps ask for them from 180-230 bucks, I would guess I can sell mein for around 150, that's if I sell it.... most likely I wont since will be like my first modified board.

Offline brighenne

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 22:10:00 »
Found it, if you want one now, also got a PM from someone else interested.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 00:41:15 »

its ok dude got in touch with Dragon and he will have a new improved batch coming in 1 month, I think I'll jump on that GB

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 12:38:46 »

its ok dude got in touch with Dragon and he will have a new improved batch coming in 1 month, I think I'll jump on that GB

definitely go with v2.  v1 plate was just ever so slightly too thick and it causes an issue with costar stabs.
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |