Author Topic: Sup  (Read 3015 times)

Offline carlossless

• Personal Page
Sup
« on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 03:11:24 »
Hi Everyone,

I've been eying geekhack for quite a while, but only recently decided to join as a member. I've switched from membrane to mechanical boards a couple of time now (the last time was because of switching to macs). Now I'm slowly trying to find the perfect keyboard for me.

My journey hasn't started without hurdles, because against my better judgement the first purchase I made was a Das Keyboard Ultimate 4C with Browns (I only found out about the switches later), for now I don't find it too annoying, but I have a Poker III incoming with MX Clears and I can't wait to compare.

As you can probably tell I like TLK and 60% boards and also I'm okay topre switches, so I wish to try out the HHKBP2 sometime, and see if it's something I could use long term.

Also I'm a big fan of custom keycaps, and I joined in to the Nantucket Selectric group buy.

I look forward to contributing to the community!
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 February 2016, 12:06:38 by carlossless »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: Sup
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 10:36:06 »
Hi Everyone,

I've been eying geekhack for quite a while, but only recently decided to join as a member. I've switched from membrane to mechanical boards a couple of time now (the last time was because of switching to macs). Now I'm slowly trying to find the perfect keyboard for me.

My journey hasn't started without hurdles, because against my better judgement the first purchase I made was a Das Keyboard Ultimate 4C with Browns (I only found out about the switches later), for now I don't find it too annoying, but I have a Poker III incoming with MX Whites and I can't wait to compare.

As you can probably tell I like TLK and 60% boards and also I'm okay topre switches, so I wish to try out the HHKBP2 sometime, and see if it's something I could use long term.

Also I'm a big fan of custom keycaps, and I joined in to the Nantucket Selectric group buy.

I look forward to contributing to the community!
Hi, wow a Pok3r with cherry mx white switches. Beastie! Welcome  :)

Offline carlossless

• Personal Page
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 12:08:49 »
Hi, wow a Pok3r with cherry mx white switches. Beastie! Welcome  :)

Thanks, but ah first post and I'm already making mistakes. I meant MX Clears. I didn't even know MX Whites existed up until now, thanks. :D

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 23:57:28 »
you're gonna like clears!

Offline carlossless

• Personal Page
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 16:19:56 »
Oh my god this Pok3r is amazing, I'm more amazed by all of the functionality than the quality and the switches, but those are great too!

Offline theoriginal123123

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 16:22:44 »
Careful mate, nobody told me how deep this rabbit hole was gonna go, and now I've got a ton of projects and keyboard ideas bouncing around! Welcome!

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 16:23:53 »

Careful mate, nobody told me how deep this rabbit hole was gonna go, and now I've got a ton of projects and keyboard ideas bouncing around! Welcome!

This. 100% this

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:26:03 »
nm,u
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 20:52:59 »

This. 100% this

I'm afraid they're right. I thought I would get 2 or 3 keyboards and a set of keycaps for each before I joined. I've only been on here for a few days, and I need all of the things.
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

Offline carlossless

• Personal Page
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 13:41:53 »

This. 100% this

I'm afraid they're right. I thought I would get 2 or 3 keyboards and a set of keycaps for each before I joined. I've only been on here for a few days, and I need all of the things.

I can feel the disapproving looks from my girlfriend and the rest real world coming. Oh well, at least this is fun.

nm,u

Emptying my wallet, going to do some paracord usb cables. Also sorry for the title.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 20:26:21 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Brown switches have a dedicated following, but also are kinda meh to a lot of people.  I use a CODE keyboard with clears, and they're great!

Maybe you could offer to get your girlfriend a keyboard too, and some pink (if she like pink) keycaps? ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline carlossless

• Personal Page
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 05:23:47 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Brown switches have a dedicated following, but also are kinda meh to a lot of people.  I use a CODE keyboard with clears, and they're great!

Maybe you could offer to get your girlfriend a keyboard too, and some pink (if she like pink) keycaps? ;)

Yeah I'm in love with the Clears already, you can't notice the feedback on browns when your actually using the keyboard.

Haha maybe, but I haven't still convinced her that Mech boards are FTW. I'm a software developer so I'm a bit more picky on how I feel when I type, but she's a designer and spends more of her time with a Wacom instead of a keyboard :).

That doesn't mean it ain't gonna happen though!  :)

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 10:55:29 »
I showed my wife the key cap interest checks and she's hooked now.  Wants a dasher set

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 19:56:04 »
I showed my wife the key cap interest checks and she's hooked now.  Wants a dasher set

This is one approach - she can customise the keyboard with a keycap set in her favourite colour!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ