Author Topic: Hand wireing. How bad am I about to screw up?  (Read 1262 times)

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
Hand wireing. How bad am I about to screw up?
« on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 21:38:57 »
So I'm getting ready to start the controller wireing on my current keyboard build and I'm concerned I'm about to screw up. I have read over afew hand wiring threads and I'm not sure what I have done will be a bad thing when I go to start the programming phase or not. Requesting help / clarification.
Thanks in advance hopefully this can not only help me but maybe someone else. Hence the break out thread.
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline Zustiur

Re: Hand wireing. How bad am I about to screw up?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 23:58:24 »
That looks like some pretty good work you've done so far. Better than my first hand wiring effort. Which controller are you going to be using?
I did a teensy 2.0 which was very fiddly work and would have been impossible without helping hands. The biggest problem I still have with hand writing is that I can't think of a way to mount the controller securely.

Offline Zustiur

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 00:02:28 »
Having said all that I now realize you're probably asking about your matrix.
I see two problems where you have the column wire going sideways with the row wires. That isn't going to work.
Left most column on both hands (viewed from the keyboard being the right way up).

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 07:48:43 »
Having said all that I now realize you're probably asking about your matrix.
I see two problems where you have the column wire going sideways with the row wires. That isn't going to work.
Left most column on both hands (viewed from the keyboard being the right way up).
yeah i was pretty sure that was going to bite me after i started looking at it and working up my matrix on paper. but i needed to put it out there to the community to be sure. i'll rewire it in my spare time and go from there.

to answer your other question i am using a teency2.0 but i ordered some breadboards to mount the teency to using pins and will be mounting all that under the housing. more pix to come in the build log BCDMK001.

thanks again! i hope this helps someone other than me.
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case