Author Topic: My custom keyboard with numpad on the left  (Read 4230 times)

Offline kuang2

My custom keyboard with numpad on the left
« on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 03:53:01 »
I just thinking about left numpad for a long time ago, which easy for me working with autocad, playing MMORPG.... and have more space for mice. One time I realize that wkl B.mini EX can fit my idea. They separate numpad, the rest is b.mini (75% layolut), then we can do some magic there.

It made me more than 1 year to find people can help me to make an alluminum case for my idea, and now I seat here, posting my result:

Here is original B.mini ex PCB

I cut it with my dremel. You can see some hole on both side. We need to keep them connect to work funtionally.

soldering controller and other stuff

install stabilizer and some wire.

it have exactly 16 point to connect, and I want to hide all the wire under the plate.

finnishing one side, then continue to left side

DONE

you can see wires was hided

and let the game begin

i forget to order RGB LED, and not cutting the RGB diffuser too. I will test in 1 one week,then install all the LEDs next weekend

:D

Offline Coreda

Re: My custom keyboard with numpad on the left
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 04:29:25 »
Makes a good deal of sense. Allows the mouse/pointing device to be closer to the center (for right-handed use anyway) while not sacrificing the numpad. Well polished project.

One question, do you find yourself accidentally depressing the Enter key from the numpad at all while your left hand is idle over the board? Depending on how lax my hand is it can sometimes rest quite close to the keys/hang over the left side of the board close to the desk.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 May 2017, 04:30:56 by Coreda »

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
Re: My custom keyboard with numpad on the left
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 03:54:43 »
wow, looks great!  :thumb:

lately I find myself craved to use a numpad,
I will try this myself, soon  :))