Author Topic: Moding a premounted GH60 keyboard.  (Read 2814 times)

Offline 4c1d-N2O

Moding a premounted GH60 keyboard.
« on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 15:43:15 »
Hi all!!!

This is my first post on this comunity. I bought a GH60 keyboard with all parts mounted, plateless and Gateron Blues from 2 months ago and about 75$ price. 1 month ago i bought an aluminium plate. I want mod it with an aluminium silver case, aluminium silver plate and a carbon black set of keycaps. Still searching for a carbon black set (if anyone have this keyset and want sell it, contact me pls :P).

One week ago i received the aluminium silver plate and this past weekend i have mount it on my GH60. After mount plate i was installed orange LEDs. Here the final result:

The first step was desolder the gateron switches:

The second step was solder some switches for hold plate with them and easy installation of them

After switches i was installed the LEDs diodes:

And a few pics of keyboard with all mounted, before case mount and after:

Now im searching for a carbon black keyset and an aluminium case for finish it. In a future, may be change some leds for a red leds and try to give and fire effect but is only a posibility.

and now only I have to apologize for my English , because it is not very good. I follow this community for some time and had never encouraged me to write , but I have friends who spend a lot around here and agree on a Spanish-speaking community , where taught many of my electronic works.

Regards from Spain :). Hope u like it.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Moding a premounted GH60 keyboard.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 15:44:20 »
Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 17:15:11 »
Looks plenty fiery with orange LEDs but you could mix in a couple of red and yellow in if you want it to look a bit more random.

Good work :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline philphilphil

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 17:35:08 »
Thanks for sharing! Now i'm thinking about putting some LED's in my GH60.. :) looks nice! Is there already some "dimmer" to let the LED's glow less in the Firmware of the Satan-PCB or in TMK, like in the Ducky's?