Author Topic: [GB][SHIPPED] Skull Squadron DSA set (aka: Macross)  (Read 1808028 times)

Offline JayKthnx

Re: [GB] Skull Squadron DSA set (aka: Macross)
« Reply #500 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 23:07:13 »
I wanted to grab another set, but I can't ship to apo with the pmk.com cart system anymore and PayPal requires address verification for my address. Is it possible for me to manually add to my order straight through a paypal transaction excessive? #firstworldproblems

Anything I can do to be able to order again? *puppy eyes*

Offline Maxim

« Reply #501 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 23:44:53 »
3.15 hours left!  Woo.  I'm psyched.  Gonna put the base set on a Quickfire and use it until I wear holes in the caps.

Offline submarinedog

« Reply #502 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 03:01:15 »
What are these voucher things I keep receiving in my email?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #503 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 03:04:59 »
YEAH! 84 base sets!

That's great!

If anyone wants to make some small changes I bet SP can make them manually.

Now to production!

Offline Full_Battle_Rattle

« Reply #504 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 03:08:46 »
Small changes you say? Can I trade a full touch caps lock for a stepped one in the Boring Joe’s Kit?  :D

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #505 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 03:09:27 »
I'd like to know this, as well.
I keep getting them!
They're taking over my inbox!
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 03:32:21 by StylinGreymon »
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #506 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 03:12:36 »

Yeah, I got these emails too.

Do I need to do anything now? I thought SP will just take the money from my PayPal account and that's it.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #507 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 03:31:09 »

Do I need to do anything now? I thought SP will just take the money from my PayPal account and that's it.

Yeah getting my email box choking with all these so-called "Vouchers" is worrying me, does this mean SP is now trying to gouge more money from me for this order?

Or will I have to go into my Paypal account and immediately TERMINATE this purchase already?  .......WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ?
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 03:33:29 by Elrick »

Offline skuko

« Reply #508 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 03:54:14 »
same thing, received a bunch of emails regarding finishing the GB, vouchers and expiration.

an explanation from SP would be appreciated.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #509 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 04:09:11 »
they are soundly snoring at SP in this very same moment :) (darn timezones!)

I bet we will get some explanations later in the day.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #510 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 05:01:53 »
It must have something to do with them fixing the problem with items not showing up as bought
:rolleyes

Yeah getting my email box choking with all these so-called "Vouchers" is worrying me, does this mean SP is now trying to gouge more money from me for this order?

Or will I have to go into my Paypal account and immediately TERMINATE this purchase already?  .......WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ?
:rolleyes:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #511 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 05:41:12 »
It must have something to do with them fixing the problem with items not showing up as bought

I just checked my email again and sure enough inundated with more of these stupid email vouchers.  THIS is just about perfect, SP crapping over itself when it comes to setting up it's own front store.

Needless to say no one has the guts to front this debacle and explain anything.  Is this going to go like REDLINE and Sherryton style?

Just counting down the inevitable Paypal CALL-BACK........  >:( .....like the hell I'm going to lose my $400 on this train wreck.......  >:( >:D >:( >:D
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 05:43:57 by Elrick »

Offline skuko

« Reply #512 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 05:55:14 »
paranoid much elrick? :)

you of all people, living in Australia, should know about TIME ZONES! what time is it in the US? you think someone is going to be on 24/7 standby for GH explanations?

wake up for gods sake and stop spouting nonsense already, it's getting annoying.

edit: i don't mean to come around as offensive or anything, i know you have your reservations about this, i think we all do, but you are being downright hostile for no reason and it's really annoying, at least for me

i'm no SP fanboy, in fact i never bought from SP directly (only have one PBT DSA blanks set bought second hand, made by SP), but i'd rather wait before jumping to conclusions. it's NIGHT TIME in the US, they're probably sleeping. if you think this is a trainwreck, why did you order in the first place? (that was a rhetorical question, no need to answer)
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 06:00:49 by skuko »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #513 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 06:03:16 »
wake up for gods sake and stop spouting nonsense already, it's getting annoying.

Your right I'm glad paypal will sort it out.  I forget how many shills and arse-crawlers prowl around SP's back side on a regular basis here, hence with all their flag waving it kind of obscures the reality of their idol's failure to conduct this venture.

I'll sort it out everything in my own way...... as usual  ;D .  I've never lost money on these type of scams no matter who runs them.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 06:05:00 by Elrick »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #514 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 06:05:33 »
Elrick calm down :p

SP hasn't taken a single Dollar from your account yet. As long as they don't charge me for more than I ordered they can send me as much emails as they want ;)

Offline skuko

« Reply #515 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 06:19:43 »

Your right I'm glad paypal will sort it out.  I forget how many shills and arse-crawlers prowl around SP's back side on a regular basis here, hence with all their flag waving it kind of obscures the reality of their idol's failure to conduct this venture.

I'll sort it out everything in my own way...... as usual  ;D .  I've never lost money on these type of scams no matter who runs them.

good for you mate, but why accuse SP of being scammers without any reason or previous experience whatsoever, that is beyond me

Elrick calm down :p

SP hasn't taken a single Dollar from your account yet. As long as they don't charge me for more than I ordered they can send me as much emails as they want ;)

actually, they have. i have already been charged the appropriate amount of money for the tiers reached.

i see no problems at all. the only thing that needs to be explained are the vouchers, which we seem to have received. i'm sure SP will shed some light on this later when they wake up.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #516 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 06:39:50 »
I have the same problem. My email address isn't recognized for resetting either. Weird thing is I'm actually logged in elsewhere on the site. I'm confused.

So SP's still working out the bugs then. Oh well maybe by the time the PBT DSA buy comes around they will have the site fixed.

I suspect they were unexpectedly swamped by new orders coming in out of the blue and their problems started.  Plus they have to now reassess their old price by lowering it due to this sudden popularity.

Nothing worse than some people missing out on paying the lower amount than what was originally posted.  Unless I got it all wrong here.......?

It's actually two entirely different websites. It has to do with how we are handling payments on the GB site, we authorize the payments but dont actually charge until the GB ends. Because of this we can't allow people to mingle carts with items they are purchasing from the keyshop.  We understand this is a little confusing and are working on making it more intuitive. However you do have to have an account for both stores. Sorry for the confusion.

Well then perhaps when someone goes to the keyshop the first they see shouldn't be the group buys. Is it noted anywhere that you have to have multiple accounts?

I guess I missed this buy.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #517 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 06:41:59 »
Oh interesting. I'll have to check my PayPal as soon as I am back from work.

But I assume everything will be correct :)

Offline skuko

« Reply #518 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 07:15:37 »

i gotta say, this is a freaking steal. my whole charge was 42 euros, for the base set, additional 6.25u bar, black stripe and a boring joe's kit. i'm like this:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #519 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 07:21:10 »

i gotta say, this is a freaking steal. my whole charge was 42 euros, for the base set, additional 6.25u bar, black stripe and a boring joe's kit. i'm like this:

I checked again my account and for the amount I bought I expected to be gaped by at least $400USD but it came in at a little over $300.  I don't know why you lot spend penny's on a single key-set, you might as well not bother at all.....

incidentally I never bought anything other than Matt3o's designed key-set because I only wanted it and nothing else.  How I wish Matt3o didn't go with them  :( .

Just got to see what story will happen with all that email clogging junk from them.  Bitdefender has now deemed SP as a spamming merchant, and I don't blame it  ::) .
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 07:25:09 by Elrick »

Offline skuko

« Reply #520 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 08:20:46 »

I checked again my account and for the amount I bought I expected to be gaped by at least $400USD but it came in at a little over $300.  I don't know why you lot spend penny's on a single key-set, you might as well not bother at all.....

incidentally I never bought anything other than Matt3o's designed key-set because I only wanted it and nothing else.  How I wish Matt3o didn't go with them  :( .

Just got to see what story will happen with all that email clogging junk from them.  Bitdefender has now deemed SP as a spamming merchant, and I don't blame it  ::) .

i'm genuinely interested in the reasoning behind buying multiple sets of the same GB, i can't think of any reason why i should be doing that.

i only buy one set for myself, no people in my surroundings even know what a mechanical keyboard is, much less a keycap set, so i can't even justify a giveaway :O

edit: just read your post on the toxic GB and you're being such a big hypocrite, LOL
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 08:23:48 by skuko »

Offline Excessive

• Signature Plastics
« Reply #521 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 08:28:00 »
Hey everyone, it is true I was sleeping.  It doesn't happen very often but when it does I sleep like a baby and then I still end up awake at 5:00am.  :-X :-X

So Vouchers.... These are a bit confusing. This is basically an email alert to notify you that the GB your were involved in successfully tipped and you were charged for the order. If you check your Paypal accounts you will see that the earlier "Authorization" has now been turned into a charge. The charge will reflect the final deal price, which may be lower than the original deal price we authorized for.

Why multiple vouchers? You receive a notification for each GB you purchased. Because each Modifer set has a different MOQ you will receive a GB for each of these as well. What this means is, if you bought 3 base sets and 5 mods than you received 8 voucher notifications.  We didn't foresee that some of you would order multiples of the same deal, we will work on a way to create one email for the base and modifiers with a list of what tipped and what did not.

With that said, I just want to thank Matteo for putting on a great group buy. He created an awesome design and we are excited to start manufacturing it. Thanks!

Offline wasabah

« Reply #522 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 08:33:21 »
Man, I want to join this one.. guess who doesn't have any spare money right now?
ErgoDox Classic | Logitech G400 | Logitech Marble | Logitech M570 | Logitech M235 | Logitech M305

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #523 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 08:37:11 »
Man, I want to join this one.. guess who doesn't have any spare money right now?

It's already over anyways.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #524 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 08:46:55 »
I can't say for sure... but it might be possible to buy a set in the near future (not at this price for sure and probably without the custom legends... but still)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #525 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 09:05:07 »
I was very glad this morning to get notifications from my bank on the deals I got on this GB. Awesome keysets will come soon in the email.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #526 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:08:32 »
You mean you're not trying to syphon money out of my PayPal account via a string of emails designed to confuse me into complacency?!!

Nice to see that difference between the original authorization and the actual amount. Makes me feel like I got a real bargain.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #527 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:15:50 »
Still don't know what I'm supposed to do with them.
Clicking the links in the emails just send me to the base set groupbuy page...

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #528 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:19:56 »
I heard from a reputable source this was all a scam. I come back and it turns out to be a hell of a deal instead. What's going here and who's in charge? I am 12 and what is this?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #529 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:23:58 »
I heard from a reputable source this was all a scam. I come back and it turns out to be a hell of a deal instead. What's going here and who's in charge? I am 12 and what is this?

^^ think you got the wrong thread  :))

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #530 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:45:15 »

If you are actually 12, I wonder what could be your reputable source... or what is a reputable source in you experience.  :-\

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #531 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:54:36 »
so the vouchers mean nothing and are just a receipt, is that correct? nothing else to do but wait? no site required fill out more info?

cause i see nothing in the vouchers that implies it is taking more money from you all, stop freaking out, nothing in the vouchers is saying you owe SP anything and they have charged the correct amount to paypal

and to say that Signature Plastics is scamming us is absolutely absurd, even if your joking its not funny to say that.

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #532 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:56:58 »
I've been defending sp from day one. I still find it hard to believe a business that has been running for 19 years to suddenly decide to scam its biggest customer base outside of oem's.

Offline Excessive

• Signature Plastics
« Reply #533 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:07:00 »
Still don't know what I'm supposed to do with them.
Clicking the links in the emails just send me to the base set groupbuy page...

There is nothing for you to do, it's just a email notification to let you know that the GB was successful and it will now be entering the manufacturing process. You will get additional emails in the future letting you know when manufacturing has started, when it's complete, and when orders have been shipped.

Additional you have the ability to remove notifications via your PMK user account preferences.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #534 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:20:43 »
I've been defending sp from day one. I still find it hard to believe a business that has been running for 19 years to suddenly decide to scam its biggest customer base outside of oem's.

Why do you keep saying sp has decided to scam? Unless you have evidence to back your claim, I suggest you to keep out of the thread. If you have a complain related with this GB please provide the proper evidence. If you are referring to a different matter get in touch with the company directly. This is not the place to start a rumor.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #535 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:23:33 »
I completely lost track of this after they moved it out of the group buy area, now it is too late to get in.... *sigh*

If anyone ordered doubles of anything and wants to let some of it go let me know.  I was interested in the base set, extra mods, 7x spacebar, and a numpad. At this point however I'd settle for a base set.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline skuko

« Reply #536 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 17:14:37 »
I completely lost track of this after they moved it out of the group buy area, now it is too late to get in.... *sigh*

If anyone ordered doubles of anything and wants to let some of it go let me know.  I was interested in the base set, extra mods, 7x spacebar, and a numpad. At this point however I'd settle for a base set.

yeah this is what i have been saying right from the start. separating this into a standalone SP subsection is gonna hurt the exposure. it's a COMMUNITY GROUP BUY, designed by matt3o only using SP platform for ordering. i still think that the separation is BS and unfair and a double standard is being used here.

i love bunny and ctrlalt, but using this logic, all their GBs should be confined to the ctrl alt store subsection.

the whole idea is bad. a GB is a GB, no matter on which platform it's being run, period.

Why do you keep saying sp has decided to scam? Unless you have evidence to back your claim, I suggest you to keep out of the thread. If you have a complain related with this GB please provide the proper evidence. If you are referring to a different matter get in touch with the company directly. This is not the place to start a rumor.

i guess you misunderstood him, he's being sarcastic in a reaction to elrick, he's the one implying that SP is the devil and is trying to take our money. you need to work on your basic reading comprehension and sarcasm detection maybe? :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 17:19:56 by skuko »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #537 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 20:09:37 »
Thread cleaned.  Please stay on topic of this group buy specifically.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Maxim

« Reply #538 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 23:23:23 »
yeah this is what i have been saying right from the start. separating this into a standalone SP subsection is gonna hurt the exposure. it's a COMMUNITY GROUP BUY, designed by matt3o only using SP platform for ordering. i still think that the separation is BS and unfair and a double standard is being used here.

Honestly, I did wonder how many people missed out on this group buy because it was in an inconspicuous sub-forum.  I only found it because I was following it since it was an interest check...

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #539 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 02:35:22 »

Offline skuko

« Reply #540 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 02:41:02 »
Dura lex sed lex

Law should be applied to all people in the same matter. I hate hypocrisy and double standards, that's all.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #541 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 03:19:49 »
Dura lex sed lex

Law should be applied to all people in the same matter. I hate hypocrisy and double standards, that's all.
I hear you.

I just hope it doesn't stop any GB from succeeding.
That would be a shame.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #542 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 08:16:22 »
This was actually a group buy with price tiers just with payment collected by SP and shipping conducted by SP. Feng and Imsto and some other sellers don't even have price tiers in their buys and they are not forced to exclusivity in their vendor forums...... Is this just mod enforcement or what? Granted I missed the sale by less than 12 hours I think and SP told me I couldn't jump on board so I'm not entirely thrilled with them either.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline skuko

« Reply #543 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 08:24:36 »
This was actually a group buy with price tiers just with payment collected by SP and shipping conducted by SP. Feng and Imsto and some other sellers don't even have price tiers in their buys and they are not forced to exclusivity in their vendor forums...... Is this just mod enforcement or what? Granted I missed the sale by less than 12 hours I think and SP told me I couldn't jump on board so I'm not entirely thrilled with them either.

it sure seems like a mod enforcement to me and one sided at that, i don't see any other vendors GBs being 'locked' into their respective subforums.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #544 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 10:59:08 »
Beyond rules and all that, I'd say that if you are interested in something to happen you can always help somehow. You can add a link in your signature to allow people to know about the offer. You can also share the finding with others. It is just a matter of advertizing. Instead of expend my energy complaining I'd prefer to do what it is within my reach.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 March 2014, 11:00:49 by ideus »

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #545 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 11:39:23 »
Beyond rules and all that, I'd say that if you are interested in something to happen you can always help somehow. You can add a link in your signature to allow people to know about the offer. You can also share the finding with others. It is just a matter of advertizing. Instead of expend my energy complaining I'd prefer to do what it is within my reach.

This is a good idea. Encourage people to put link in their sigs. I'm not a fan of images everywhere, but a text link would be fine.

Edit: There used to be a thread that contained currently running GB's if I remember correctly. That must have been scrapped for good reason, but I don't know.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 March 2014, 11:40:58 by stoic-lemon »

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #546 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 11:49:03 »
I mean i did slowly start to agree with this moving to the subforum, and i agree you can advertise in sigs, but i also agree with one thing you guys are saying, if they forced this into the SP subforum, why aren't buys from IMSTO, Ctrl-Alt, Tech Keys/Boiler, and Feng being required to be in their subforums, you would think they would be held with the same rules as SP.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #547 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 12:00:05 »
I think that when it comes to help small vendors that basically live on the community and are actually part of the community... in that case GH is very open to them.

SP is a big company that works for Filco, Cooler Master, etc... so they deserve a sub-section.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #548 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 12:08:39 »
Important update

SP informed me that the skull legend had to be revisited due to double-shot constrains.

Here below the new legend. It's not 100% the skull squadron insignia... but close enough.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #549 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 12:27:25 »
Important update

SP informed me that the skull legend had to be revisited due to double-shot constrains.

Here below the new legend. It's not 100% the skull squadron insignia... but close enough.

Show Image

I like them. I do not see any major deviation from the original.