Author Topic: [IC] Typ 60-60% with interchangeable blockers | In stock sale May 7th !!  (Read 33489 times)

Offline wt1155

Typ 60 by axiöm studios

Links:-
Official website
Join our discord group
Follow us on Instagram
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Typ 60 In stock sale details:
In-stock sale 7th May 2023 - 10PM MYT (GMT+8).

Method: FCFS (120 units)
Price: MYR 2000
Total units: 60 units Angelite Blue / 60 units Titanium Silver
Gallery link: Typ 60 Pictures
In stock sale will be from Axiom website

Kitting:
1 x TYP 60 case
1 x Stainless steel weight
1 x A set stainless steel HHKB, WK, WKL blockers
1 x Solder PCB + JST Cable + DB
8 x Millmax 3305-1
1 x 50A silicone o-ring
1 x Twill carbon fiber plate (Full/Half)
1 x A set of Geonworks feet 60% (Grey)
1 x Custom hard carrying case
1 x Custom art velcro patch
1 x Authentication card
1 x Accessories pack
1 x Information print out card

Extras add ons (Optional):
Twill Carbon Fiber Plate (Full / Half): MYR 110
FR4 Plate (Full / Half): MYR 60
Solder PCB + Daughterboard + JST Cable + 8 Millmax: MYR 220
GEON feet 60% (Grey/Black): MYR 45

In-stock sales progress

Part list              Process
Aluminium CaseReady and QC'ed.
SS weight            Ready.
PCB (Solder)            Ready.
Carrying Case            Ready.
Screws and misc            Ready.
Carbon fiber plate           Ready.
FR4 plate           Ready.
Packing box and materials           Ready.

Typ 60 x GMK Mictlán details (Raffle Ended)

More
As part of collaboration with GMK Mictlán and Kneedeep Patina, we are ready to announce that total of 10 units will be made available as ready stock raffle later this year exclusively for supporters who joined GMK Mictlán groupbuy which is still currently running from 3rd June 2022 to 1st July 2022.

The details of the raffle will be as follows:
In-stock raffle sale on the April 10, 2023 10:00 AM Malaysia (GMT+8).
Raffle will perform through google form submission and will be open for 24 hours.
Raffle link will be on our discord channel
This raffle is exclusively for those who bought GMK Mictlan during groupbuy/pre-order phase.

Here's a picture of how all the weight design that will go thru raffle (Credits to Kneedeep for these photos)
https://www.canva.com/design/DAFd1Tb4wzA/4WtSH9NscXJvq0klkk-uQw/view?utm_content=DAFd1Tb4wzA&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink

10 units Mictlan x Kneedeep Patina (Exclusively for those who joined GMK Mictlan) - Google Form Raffle

Price:
MYR 3200

Kitting:
1 x TYP 60 Mictlan Edition case
1 x Copper weight with GMK Mictlan themed engraving and KneedeepPatinas flame patina treatment
4 x Stainless steel sand blasted and coated blockers (1 top, 3 bottom in WK, WKL and HHKB)
1 x Solder PCB with JST connector (XT60 by Kopibeng - 5 pin compatible/underglow available/1.6mm thickness)
1 x Full twill carbon fiber plate
8 x Millmax for swappable 2 bottom corner for each side (Part number: 3305-1-15-15-47-27-10)
2 x Geon feet 60% (Grey)
2 x Geon feet 60% (Black)
1 x O-ring silicon gasket 50A (167mm inner diameter)
1 x Set of extra screws for case enclosure and weight
1 x Authentication card
1 x Custom art velcro patch
1 x Carrying case with custom slot for additional blockers
1 x Information print out card

For more information you may refer to GMK Mictlán keycap set designed by our good friend Vheissu  :-

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=115163.0

Actual Prototype with IRL Flame Copper Patina by Kneedeep
Follow Kneedeep Instagram

More

Renders
More

Synopsis
A 60% keyboard featuring interchangeable stainless steel blockers for different layout configuration (WK, WKL, HHKB). The board uses O-ring gasket mount design similar to the OTD 356 mini with minimal compression, a stainless steel weight and blockers all round and rubber strip feet from Geonworks.

The design was previously archived back in July 2021 as we chose to run the Typ 65+ groupbuy first. It had went thru multiple revision and prototype in course of 6 months and finally ready for an interest check before going for in-stock sale after Typ 65+ is fulfilled.

Actual pictures of Protoyp V3 for titanium silver and angelite blue

More

More

More

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New blocker design
More
As we had good suggestion to go with non two step design for our blocker, we had made some changes on this and here are the renders.

WK - Not changed from previous design

WKL

HHKB
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Case specification

• Designed by 14x71
  • 6063 aluminium
  • 7 degree angle
  • O-ring gasket mount
  • 16.60 front height
  • Sandblasted and coated stainless steel weight and blockers (top, WK, WKL, HHKB)
  • Recessed screw and cutout for custom bumpon provided by Geonworks
  • Twill carbon fiber plate (full)
  • Weight: Approx 1.5kg unbuilt w/o plate (depends on what blockers you used
  • Color: Titanium Silver / Angelite Blue (light blue)

The mounting system

The goal of the Typ 60 O-ring mount is to not have it pressure mounted from the sides instead it will just sit on the mounting points and the pcb and plate will be held together by the top blockers with minimal compression. This helps us to make full use of the O-ring softness/elasticity properties without it being too compressed, providing a softer and bouyant typing feel

PCB specification

• Designed by Kopibeng
  • QMK and VIA compatible
  • Solder PCB
  • layout supports 7U and ISO (refer to picture below)
  • USB-C daughterboard (ai03 unified C3 DB)
  • OTD 365 mini flex and relief cut style PCB(1.6mm)
  • Purple solder mask (tentative)
  • PCB/Plate supported layout

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Parts and Internals

Transparent view of the case

Exploded view render

Exploded view w/o pcb and o-ring

Kitting configuration includes

• 1 x CNC keyboard case (Anodized)
  • 1 x Stainless steel weight (Sandblasted and coated)
  • 4 x Stainless steel sand blasted and coated blockers (1 top, 3 bottom in WK, WKL and HHKB)
  • 1 x Full Twill carbon fiber plate (Full plate)
  • 2 x Geon feet 60% (Grey)
  • 1 x Solder PCB with JST connector (XT60 by Kopibeng - 5 pin compatible/underglow available/1.6mm thickness)
  • 1 x O-ring silicon gasket 50A (167mm inner diameter)
  • 8 x Millmax for swappable 2 bottom corner for each side (Part number: 3305-1-15-15-47-27-10)
  • 1 x Authentication card
  • 1 x Set of extra screws for case enclosure and weight
  • 1 x Custom art velcro patch
  • 1 x Carrying case with custom slot for additional blockers
  • 1 x Information print out card

Carrying case with custom cutout and etc (colour will be purple for this release)/

Sales format

• In-stock sales - 120 units @ axiomstudios.shop (Late April 2023)
  • FCFS in-stock sales FCFS/Raffle (Most likely FCFS which but ill leave it tentative as for now
  • Price: 2000 MYR

Build stream and review (Youtube)
Xinxinwong

LightningXI

Iamelvn

Typing test (Youtube)

OP Blacks (Linear) with CF half plate

SP Start Meteor White (Linear) with CF half plate

Retooled MX Clears (Tactile) with CF plate

Stock poseidon switches (Linear) with CF plate

Dark jades lubed on stem (Tactiles) with CF plate

Titanium Silver with JWICK full nylon blacks vs JWICK full nylon T1

Typ 60 x GMK Mictlán x Kneedeep edition with JWICK full nylon blacks

Titanium Silver with JWICK full nylon T1

FAQ

More
Q: Why no other plate design or material?
A: It's an in-stock sales hence i would prefer not to stock other plate in various material. However, files will be release to the public after the sales and yes we love CF since 2020.

Q: Why offer all blockers? Can I choose what I want?
A: Actually previously my thought that I would offer blockers based on user selection, but offering in stock would be difficult to gauge how many of you wanted certain blocker. 

Q: What did you change in V2?
A: Added weight on the back, change how the interior design and added alignment pins, try out different colors and also shorter ledge on the side.

Q: What did you change in V3?
A: New blockers, and some internal fine tune adjustment made.

Special thanks to

Elaine from SingaKBD
Kopibeng
Geon from Geonworks
Lbaron from Smith and Runes
Folks who supported us along the way and attended gathering to test out the Typ 60 proto (was quite a bit of fun)
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 May 2023, 08:28:21 by wt1155 »

Offline wt1155

Re: [IC] Typ 60 - 60% keyboard with interchangeable SS blockers
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 03:56:45 »
27/02 - Prototyp V3 /w new blockers and some internal changes under queue to be machined. (ETA next review March - April)
28/02 - New prototyp plate with rib cuts added for Prototyp V3 plate
01/03 - Extra prototyp pcb 1.6mm / 1.2mm order will be placed upcoming week for V3
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 March 2022, 16:53:35 by wt1155 »

Offline bananathock

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 03:57:49 »
Great IC! Looking forward to the in-stock GB!  :heart:

P.S. I am the first.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 January 2022, 04:52:07 by bananathock »

Offline OnceThinkTwice

• You should go and thock yourself.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 03:59:23 »
Simple, clean, and aesthetically pleasing ! I absolutely love 60% !

Can't wait for the in-stock sales to grab one for myself, good luck axiöm studios and all the best for this project !

Offline pinguha

• I like keyboards and her.
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 04:06:23 »
I want one so bad

Offline Kasterborous

• HEX Keyboards
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 04:14:40 »
So hot

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 07:22:57 »
Are there closeups of the blockers themselves? I like the concept of this and the execution is interesting, but the one gripe I have is the horizontal line that separates the blocker piece from the layout it is emulating. It reminds me of the ugly style of blockers that the KMAC used and frankly to me it just looks absolutely hideous. It'd be much better if this line simply weren't present. I'm wondering if it's a "step down" effect I'm seeing visually or if it's because of the lip, but it almost appears as if there's an actual line separating this part, and it drives me nuts lol

Also, will you offer that light blue as well?

« Last Edit: Mon, 31 January 2022, 07:24:50 by LightningXI »

Offline wt1155

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 07:41:35 »
Are there closeups of the blockers themselves? I like the concept of this and the execution is interesting, but the one gripe I have is the horizontal line that separates the blocker piece from the layout it is emulating. It reminds me of the ugly style of blockers that the KMAC used and frankly to me it just looks absolutely hideous. It'd be much better if this line simply weren't present. I'm wondering if it's a "step down" effect I'm seeing visually or if it's because of the lip, but it almost appears as if there's an actual line separating this part, and it drives me nuts lol

Show Image
Show Image

Hello sir, its a design choice because we wanted to make it blend better with inner chamfer of wk wkl and hhkb together, so we decided with this route.

you can see here what i mean by the inner side chamfer.
the connection at the corner inner chamfer make it more cohesive and brings out the our signature lip

As for the light blue, unfortunately it will not be offered for this run, but we will being back this colour soon on the next round or upcoming boards
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 January 2022, 11:16:28 by wt1155 »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 07:45:35 »

Show Image
Show Image

Hello sir, its a design choice because we wanted to make it blend better with inner chamfer of wk wkl and hhkb together, so we decided with this route.
Show Image

Show Image

you can see here what i mean by the inner side chamfer.
the connection at the corner inner chamfer make it more cohesive and brings out the our signature lip

As for the light blue, unfortunately it will not be offered for this run, but we will being back this colour soon on the next round or upcoming boards
I see.

I think this is a deal breaker for me, but I appreciate the insight.

GL with the sale!

Offline wt1155

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 07:49:44 »
thx for the feedback sir

Offline ee

• hi
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 08:19:56 »
I agree that that line makes it look extremely weird to me, almost like it's 3 pieces not one, not a fan

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 08:40:09 »
This is a really good idea great work! It’s similar to the rose60
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline zea

• yeh
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 09:41:12 »
love the idea but i'm of the same opinion as lightning, the look of the blockers end up bothering me.

would be totally down for this if the blocker thing was addressed and you guys offered Angelite Blue as an option because that color is just sick.

gl with the sale guys!

Offline wt1155

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 11:29:20 »
I agree that that line makes it look extremely weird to me, almost like it's 3 pieces not one, not a fan

love the idea but i'm of the same opinion as lightning, the look of the blockers end up bothering me.

would be totally down for this if the blocker thing was addressed and you guys offered Angelite Blue as an option because that color is just sick.

gl with the sale guys!

Will definitely look into it, will keep any development posted on this and I have added a section for this in the FAQ as well. Appreciate you guys dropping some suggestion for us! - Vyron

Offline elongatedmusk

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 13:44:01 »
+1 to reconsider the blocker-line thingy, i also think that it looks kinda off, even more so on the WKL blockers for some reason.

glwic and sale regardless :thumb:

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 15:33:34 »
4XX? man thought this was a cheap board where you can buy the top piece seperately to allow me to try out WKL and HHKB without spending 300$+.
thats a bummer great board but a no for me since I already ahve enough 60%s and this one doesnt look extraordinarlily special that createt a WOW effect when I saw it

Good luck with the FCFS though

Offline zea

• yeh
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 19:49:04 »
4XX? man thought this was a cheap board where you can buy the top piece seperately to allow me to try out WKL and HHKB without spending 300$+.
thats a bummer great board but a no for me since I already ahve enough 60%s and this one doesnt look extraordinarlily special that createt a WOW effect when I saw it

uhhhh dude the title literally says that they're made out of stainless steel, and it's instock with 80 units, how do you expect this to be less than 300 bucks?

Offline vy1mizki

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 05:14:14 »

uhhhh dude the title literally says that they're made out of stainless steel, and it's instock with 80 units, how do you expect this to be less than 300 bucks?

only blocker and weight are stainless steel, body is aluminum. Agree with the comment said even z60 evolved cost way less than this and it even have brass blocker as optional. I mean its a good board nonetheless.

Offline wt1155

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 02 February 2022, 11:34:47 »
Hey guys, we have made some redesign on the Typ 60 blockers from your feedbacks, look forward to your new feedback on them  :thumb:

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 02 February 2022, 12:26:48 »

the title says "[IC] Typ 60 - 60% keyboard with interchangeable SS blockers" yeah stainless steel blockers and not stainless steel board just because a small part of the board is made out of a more expensive material than alu doesnt mean that the whole board is made out of it btw just because it is instock doesnt mean that it is per definition expensive or should have X pricetag.
no need to get so aggressive just because I hoped for it to be cheaper.
This is basically the part of the hobby I hate. Some ppl are just getting aggresive for no reason because someone said something they dont like to read.

Offline gloomycloud

• me enjoy 60s
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 05:10:39 »
Very interesting project!
16.60 front height
Can I know the adjusted front height w/o the feet?
HHKB Pro 2 || Polaris || Kei || Meridian || X60 V2

Offline wt1155

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 05:34:04 »
Very interesting project!
16.60 front height
Can I know the adjusted front height w/o the feet?
this is without the feet

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 10:51:29 »
Great work implementing feedback
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 13:54:29 »
New blockers look much nicer. Looking forward to seeing more if you decide to prototype the pieces. :thumb:

Offline wt1155

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 20:45:31 »
Thank you all for the feedback on the Typ 60, we will be making another proto to make sure everything is good as well  :thumb:

Offline clayclws

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 04 February 2022, 07:07:27 »
The new blockers are nice. Looking forward to this!

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 04 February 2022, 07:59:38 »
really liking the new blockers

Offline Ph32

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 19 February 2022, 08:53:39 »
Would the typ 60 cost more or less than the typ 65?

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 19 February 2022, 11:03:22 »
The new blocker design is works better IMO. I'm still not too sure on how I feel about the lateral cutouts though. The shape seems somewhat out of place —too curvy— relative to the overall stocky design. But that's just me.

Offline moyu.studio

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 26 February 2022, 05:40:30 »
cool!!

Offline wt1155

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 03 March 2022, 18:03:06 »
Thank you everyone for the feedbacks so far  :thumb:

V3 prototyp with the new blockers and some refinement on the internals have been ordered and ETA for next review should be in March - April
We will also be testing some new changes to the plate cuts and how they interact with 1.2mm and 1.6mm pcb before deciding on the best configuration for the board
Stay tuned for some interesting collab as well  ;)

Offline wt1155

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 06 April 2022, 19:09:59 »
Current updates:
07/04 - Prototype machining should be underway and due to having to commit for 3rd revision prototype, our in-stock sales date will be put on halt till further notice (least till we get it right before announcing sales date depending on manufacturing timeline)

Offline neoknob

• Neo knob
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 10 April 2022, 05:18:19 »
Heavy duty keyboard!

Offline wt1155

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 20:19:14 »
Added development update on our IC and added GMK mictlan collab details

Offline wt1155

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 18 June 2022, 03:01:41 »
Added new IRL pics of the GMK Mictlán Typ 60 collab proto with Kneedeep Copper Flame Patina

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 18 June 2022, 14:12:34 »
Oh god, it's so cool

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 19 June 2022, 08:27:58 »
I wish this were 300-350 usd.

Maybe a Typ60 Lite in the future?

Offline wt1155

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 21:50:33 »
Added new typing test video of the typ60 platinum silver and typ60 gmk mictlán edition

Offline wt1155

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 20:38:19 »
Added new updated images of V3 prototype for both titanium silver and angelite blue

Offline CGY

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 23:42:04 »
Typ60 so lit

Offline Gerevala

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 05:59:38 »
I like the colors that you make on weight. It's so beautiful. but will you plan for add other kind material for plate like FR4 or POM?

Offline wt1155

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 08:27:55 »
I like the colors that you make on weight. It's so beautiful. but will you plan for add other kind material for plate like FR4 or POM?

We plan to provide cf as our plate of choice for the in stock sale but we will provide the plate files later on so you can cut it in any material that you wish  :)

Offline wt1155

Updated new info on Typ 60 with the upcoming in stock sale details for Mictlán Edition Typ 60  ;D

Offline wt1155

In stock FCFS sale announced:
7th May 2023 - 10PM MYT (GMT+8).