Author Topic: Buggy ****...  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Icarium

• I AM A MONKEY!
Buggy ****...
« on: Tue, 17 January 2012, 14:20:39 »
I'm having trouble with applications ignoring the layout for hotkeys. Some applications now use ctrl+c for copy on dvorak others still use the old key which is now 'j'.

The neo layout didn't work at all in ubuntu only the first two layers were available at all. How did you guys deal with that kind of problems or am I the only one having them? :)
I had a sig once but it's gone. It used to display an icon of a Kinesis. Just imagine that.

Offline Icarium

• I AM A MONKEY!
Buggy ****...
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 18 January 2012, 03:34:05 »
Srsly? Nobody had this problem but me?
I had a sig once but it's gone. It used to display an icon of a Kinesis. Just imagine that.

Offline FinancialWar

Buggy ****...
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 18 January 2012, 05:31:44 »
Maybe coz no one uses Ubuntu?
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Tony

Buggy ****...
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 21 January 2012, 03:37:00 »
Try Colemak, it keeps ZXCVBMQWA keys for hot keys.

Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline Piro

Buggy ****...
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 21 January 2012, 08:26:51 »
Quote from: Icarium;493245
Srsly? Nobody had this problem but me?

Nope, I've never had that problem. I've been using Dvorak on Windows for 12 years or so.

The only time you find this is with some games. But I've never had the example problem,  with copy being in the wrong place.

Offline erw

Buggy ****...
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 21 January 2012, 23:16:09 »
Quote from: Icarium;492704
The neo layout didn't work at all in ubuntu only the first two layers were available

So working partly means not working at all?

Anyway, to get a better answer, you could tell us which programs ignore the layout and when (any patterns may help solve the problem), and which layouts are in your layout list and if and how you change.

(A descriptive thread title might also help your cause instead of your ****ty one)
Kinesis Advantage LF (MX Red), Kinesis Advantage (MX Brown), Ergodox (MX Red), Colemak

Offline boli

Buggy ****...
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 22 January 2012, 03:05:46 »
I had a similar problem with StarCraft 2 in Mac OS X. Anders at the Colemak forums found a solution though.
Keyboard: Kinesis Ergo Advantage (two LF editions with red Cherry switches, one regular with brown switches)
Keyboard layout: basically Colemak, with some remapping to end up with my custom Kinesis Advantage layout
Typing test profiles: typeracer.com / hi-games.net / keybr.com