geekhack Marketplace > Bingecap Archive

FAQ and Question Corner

<< < (2/11) > >>

theteam:
as a new person who recently to follow artisan keycaps, do you announce your sales or does it just go on sale randomly?

Sifo:
What happened to the Sifo-M Mint line of colours? Was it discontinued after realizing Sifo isn't pronounced that way?

Dubsgalore:

--- Quote from: HoffmanMyster on Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:48:26 ---Let's settle this once and for all.  Is LumberChap based on SpamRay, myself, or some other fine bearded gent?

It's okay, you can say it's Ray.  :P

--- End quote ---

I've been wondering this too..

--- Quote from: Sifo on Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:53:12 ---What happened to the Sifo-M Mint line of colours? Was it discontinued after realizing Sifo isn't pronounced that way?

--- End quote ---

After that, I think you kinda have to pronounce it that way, it's too good to change back

SpAmRaY:

--- Quote from: HoffmanMyster on Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:48:26 ---Let's settle this once and for all.  Is LumberChap based on SpamRay, myself, or some other fine bearded gent?

It's okay, you can say it's Ray.  :p

--- End quote ---

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

well this is spamray...so..... :))

Binge:

It's okay, you can say it's Ray.  :P

--- End quote ---

Q. Is LumberChap based on SpamRay, myself, or some other fine bearded gent?

A. LumberChap is inspired by meeting you in person and the 1969 classic comedy Lumberjack song written and performed by Terry Jones, Michael Palin, and Fred Tomlinson.

--- Quote from: HoffmanMyster on Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:50:22 ---Another one/three.

How many fn caps did you make?  Did you intend for them to be so limited, despite high demand, or was that accidental?  Did the lack of a sculpture on them have any influence on your decision to stop making them (ie, it wasn't as interesting, artistically)?

--- End quote ---

Q. How many fn caps did you make?  Did you intend for them to be so limited, despite high demand, or was that accidental?  Did the lack of a sculpture on them have any influence on your decision to stop making them (ie, it wasn't as interesting, artistically)

A. I have no idea how many I made but it was less than 20.  There was initially a demand, and so I made a mold to see what happened.  After the mold self destructed I stopped making the key because it was never intended to be anything beyond an experiment.  Despite the success I believe FN keys are awesome but they still need to be more interesting for me to stay invested in the time it takes to make a key.

--- Quote from: theteam on Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:52:50 ---as a new person who recently to follow artisan keycaps, do you announce your sales or does it just go on sale randomly?

--- End quote ---

Q. do you announce your sales or does it just go on sale randomly?

A.  On my website https://Bingecap.com there is a newsletter.  If anyone signs up for the newsletter they must remember to look for a confirmation e-mail in their inbox or spam folder!  Before each sale I release a date+time notice, and I also hint about keycap colors.  If there happens to be a random sale posted on GH or reddit uannounced then that is fine as well, but my track record shows that most of my sales are announced.

--- Quote from: Sifo on Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:53:12 ---What happened to the Sifo-M Mint line of colours? Was it discontinued after realizing Sifo isn't pronounced that way?

--- End quote ---

Q. What happened to the Sifo-M Mint line of colours? Was it discontinued after realizing Sifo isn't pronounced that way?

A. The name changed to Mint/Seafoam to prevent confusion with folks who were not part of Geekhack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version