Author Topic: Hello from Stockholm  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Jojjelito

Hello from Stockholm
« on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 17:04:22 »
Hi all, keyboard geek from Sweden here. Started with a Qpad with Cherry reds, then o-rings. From then it was a rapid descent down the rabbit hole - Massdrop, a barebones TKL, holy pandas, lubing, Hyper 7 r3 then Space Cadet caps.
Interesting to see where this takes me  :cool:

Offline Maledicted

Re: Hello from Stockholm
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 09:44:11 »
Hi Jojjelito. Welcome to Geekhack.

What switches have you tried? Which do you like? Are the Holy Pandas your favorite? I haven't tried them. Clicky guy myself.

Offline Jojjelito

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 08:25:01 »
Hi Maledicted,

I’ve tried Cherry red, Holy Pandas, IBM model M buckling springs, hybrid Mitsumis in my old Amigas. Not much yet. Oh, and some Matias silents in my MIDIbox Seq V4+. My only Alps encounter for now.

So far I’m happy with the pandas, I’ve put them in my daily driver - a GMMK-TKL. I really like the tactility and the smooth sounds they make. It’s gotta be close to the endgame for Cherry I think.

I came across the Romly books; once the shipping of number 2 gets to Sweden I get to try a bunch of cherry clones. It’s going to be interesting 

Next up are some Gateron inks. I was thinking of silent inks for the hyper 7.
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 May 2020, 14:11:22 by Jojjelito »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 11:41:52 »
Nämen, en gammal Amiga-användare från Sumpan... Hej på dig!

Vet inte om du hört talas om dem än, eller kanske är med, men det finns en svensk Discord: Mekaniska Tangentbord Sverige, som också anordnar meetups i Stockholm några gånger per år (när omständigheterna är normala...).

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 10:32:50 »
Hi Maledicted,

I’ve tried Cherry red, Holy Pandas, IBM model M buckling springs, hybrid Mitsumis in my old Amigas. Not much yet. Oh, and some Matias silents in my MIDIbox Seq V4+. My only Alps encounter for now.

So far I’m happy with the pandas, I’ve put them in my daily driver - a GMMK-TKL. I really like the tactility and the smooth sounds they make. It’s gotta be close to the endgame for Cherry I think.

I came across the Romly books; once the shipping of number 2 gets to Sweden I get to try a bunch of cherry clones. It’s going to be interesting 

Next up are some Gateron inks. I was thinking of silent inks for the hyper 7.

For not having tried much, you've tried a lot of things that I have not. lol. No Matias or Mitsumis witches at all yet myself. I really should feel both, especially to compare Matias against SKCM Alps.

Those books look really cool.

I'll have to try Gateron inks myself eventually, even though I prefer clickies anyway, just to be able to compare against other switches. I hear great things about them.

Offline econeuler

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 12:19:40 »
Did you lube your holy pandas, if so with what, and where did you buy it?:P
(Postmord lägger på 75 spänn på alla paket utanför eu nu)

Mvh göteborgare  ;)

Offline Jojjelito

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 17:42:57 »
I followed forum/Reddit wisdom and went with Tribosys 3203. Works fine for me! The SE customs didn’t get involved as I got it from https://mykeyboard.eu/ Inget trassel med Postmord!

Mvh Sumpanbo  ;D

Edit: The Romley books are cool. You get a switch tester with them, plus they are a great way of displaying some geek pride along with some coffetable Laserdisc boxes

« Last Edit: Mon, 18 May 2020, 17:46:29 by Jojjelito »

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 10:27:12 »
Edit: The Romley books are cool. You get a switch tester with them, plus they are a great way of displaying some geek pride along with some coffetable Laserdisc boxes

It did actually remind me of the firearms coffee table books that are available. Sort of reference books, more about huge pretty pictures though.