Author Topic: [GB] love tkl - COMPLETED  (Read 26496 times)

Offline elli

[GB] love tkl - COMPLETED
« on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 19:56:46 »

More

https://forms.gle/sWBb3yLPVgSn8qzb8

https://discord.gg/3jKPs6g ( please join my discord if you are interested and or get a slot )

groupbuy info:
  • october 5th 2019
  • noon cst
  • 25 units fcfs

board info:
  • 3.7° inclination
  • fixed wkl layout
  • top mounted plate
  • supports h87 ( not included )

board materials:
  • top and bottom case made from 6063 aluminium
  • weight is made from an uncoated brass
  • plate is polypropylene

things included in the kit:
  • top case
  • bottom case
  • weight
  • plate
  • m3 * 8 sts case screws
  • m2 * 4 sts weight screws
  • m3 * 7 nylon plate screws
  • m3 * 7 sts plate screws
  • rubber bumpons * 4

pricing ( excluding shipping cost ):
  • case ( top/bottom/weight/plate ): 350$
  • extra plates: 35$
invoices will be sent via google pay as to avoid using paypal because of their fees and new policies. if this will be a problem with you please pm me on discord ( elli#0003 ).

colors:
  • silver
  • black
  • pink ( 1895u )

shipping:
  • us ≈ 30$
  • na outside of us ≈ 50$
  • sa ≈ 65$
  • eu ≈ 65$
  • asia ≈ 75$
  • oceania ≈ 85$
the shipping cost wont be invoiced until i am ready to ship the final board to allow for an accurate shipping cost.

deadlines and lead times:
  • 48 hours from when invoices are sent out you must pay or your spot will be given to someone else
  • production lead time 30-75 days ( factory states 30 days i am just adding extra just in case )
  • from once i receive the boards, which should be 1-2 weeks after production has finished, i will personally qc the boards and then will ship them out
  • if any boards are damaged when i receive them, the factory will replace each piece that is affected and will delay the shipment of some boards
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2020, 12:30:55 by elli »

Offline elli

Re: [GB] love tkl
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 19:56:55 »
SMALLER UPDATES

More
October 5th 2019:
  • Invoices are starting to be sent out and had to switch payment from Google Pay to PayPal.
  • All invoices have been sent out and a large chunk have already been paid. There are now 48 hours from 7 PM CST that the slots must be paid for other wise they will be raffled off in my Discord.

October 6th 2019:
  • 24 hours left till payment deadline before slots are raffled off.
  • Awaiting payment from only 4 people at the moment.

October 7th 2019:
  • 2 slots ended up not paying the invoices sent out. Instead of raffling more I decided to keep it with 2 less so the total amount of boards is 26 instead of the 28 in total as some are for friends.
  • Weight engravings will be done on the inside of the weight. Numbering was determined by first to last based on from when the form was opened.
  • I am just waiting for the 2 Google Pay invoices to finish transferring into my bank account to then place the order with the factory.

October 9th 2019:
  • Final quote received from the factory, and all information has been provided of quantities, number of colors and weight engraving. Received these at around 12:30 AM when talking with the factory.
  • I will be making the bank transfer later on today to get the order placed with the factory so production can start.
  • The lead time stated on the quote is still 30 days, though I still think this is optimistic but still the turn around time will hopefully will be fast.

October 9th 2019 Update 2:
  • All transfers to my bank have been successful.
  • Postponing wire transfer till tomorrow due to problem with my bank's site not being able to fill out the entire recipient address info, so will go into the bank tomorrow to complete it.

October 10th 2019:
  • Wired the money over to the factory. Let the wait of production begin!

October 14th 2019:
  • The factory has received the payment and has arranged for production to begin!

October 15th 2019:
  • The factory has programmed machines for manufacturing.

October 16th 2019:
  • Shipping prices have been calculated for everyone.
  • Hardware has been ordered.
  • Will be ordering the bumpons later today ( 3 am at time of writing ).

October 17th 2019:
  • Hardware has been delivered and sorted.
  • Ordered the bumpons.

October 19th 2019:
  • Bumpons received.

PRODUCTION HAS BEGUN

Manufacturing Updates:

Machining has been completed, part processing has begun too. Blasting and anodizing have started.
Anodizing has had to be reworked due to inconsistency in color.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 November 2019, 01:40:54 by elli »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 11:49:55 »
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline elli

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 11:52:02 »

Offline Smoff

• 817 785
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 12:09:04 »
Lycka till kompis <3

Even though p much all slots are filled lol
Current boards: Matrix 1.2 OG | Matrix 8xv2.0 | Cherry g80-1000 | Cherry g80-3000 | Matrix 2.0add | Matrix Noah

Boards on the way: Duck Orion v2.5 | Matrix Falcon

Previous boards: BOK.CP | Duck Orion v3 | Mech27v2 | HHKB pro2 x3 | Cherry g80-11800 | NIU mini | Klippe r1 | Brutal60 | Duck Unicorn x Legend | Duck jetfire | Cherry g80-1800 | IDB60 | PC Salamander | Lin Whale r2 | LZ Physix | Duck Viper v3 |

Offline elli

Offline elli

Re: [GB] love tkl - PRODUCTION IN PROGRESS
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 01:41:35 »
Manufacturing Updates:

Machining has been completed, part processing has begun too. Blasting and anodizing have started.
Anodizing has had to be reworked due to inconsistency in color.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 06:51:31 »
I never saw this appear, looks like a nice board

Offline elli

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 03:44:42 »
I never saw this appear, looks like a nice board

<3

Offline elli

Re: [GB] love too - ( 92.5% COMPLETE AND SHIPPED)
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 13:09:54 »
kinda late update as ive been in the middle of a move for this month, but all but two of the boards have been shipped out.

one board currently having a replacement made and the other didn't have the right numbering.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 18:20:16 »
Mines flawless. Was a really great GB

Offline ibabo

• yeaaaaaaahh
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 19:23:35 »
kinda late update as ive been in the middle of a move for this month, but all but two of the boards have been shipped out.

one board currently having a replacement made and the other didn't have the right numbering.

Didnt know about this board till now will there be a round two or any other way to get my hands on one, thanks
ahaaaa, keyboard. HOVA

Offline elli

Re: [GB] love tkl - COMPLETED
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 16:00:52 »
All keyboards have been shipped out now! I was waiting to update this post until I had fulfilled a replacement that needed to be had.

So to summarize everything, we ended up using PayPal to invoice instead of Google Pay due to similar but worse issues that PayPal actually has as I am a minor. I was able to get all invoices out promptly, and all but one or two went unpaid so I unlocked the slots and opened them for others. Once all had been paid the order with the factory had been placed, and the factory fulfilled them successfully and on time. There were a few issues with the boards, one being that the threads were a little tighter than I hoped for causing for some issue with a few boards. One board had to be replaced due to my error when packaging, which I had then replaced. The rest of the boards were shipped out before the New Year while the other had to wait. Two boards were damaged in transport, which I promptly dealt with the best way possible that made both parties happy.

Overall, I believe that the groupbuy went rather smoothly with a few small bumps in the way to the end. Can't wait to host my next groupbuy!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 16:06:13 »
get that blue color you had at one point for the love in the next buy. i'm ready.

Offline jani80k

• In the hobby for a good time.
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 07:46:29 »
get that blue color you had at one point for the love in the next buy. i'm ready.

It's "Labs Pink" not "Labs Blue", mate ;)

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 18:38:41 »
Congrats on a very successful GB @elli! This is fantastic!