Author Topic: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Relay FM, and geekhack  (Read 3599 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Relay FM, and geekhack
« on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 14:17:09 »
geekhackers, please allow me to share a little bit here about a cause that we can all get behind, backed by some folks in significantly overlapping communities around the internet.

Relay FM, my personal favorite podcast network, hosts an annual campaign to raise money and awareness for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. This is a cause very close to them personally, and a wonderful organization to support.
<-- the guys behind Relay FM
(Additionally, one half of Relay's founders has gotten deep into mechanical keyboards over the last few years; if you see this, Myke, hello!)

Since 2019, the Relay FM Community has raised over $2.2M for St. Jude. With your support this year, we'll be one step closer to that day when no child dies from cancer. One cure closer. One child closer. This month and every month: Let's cure childhood cancer. Together.

I wanted to take the opportunity to bring this message here, with geekhack, and ask for our corner of the broader keyboard community to take part in Relay's campaign to raise funds for St. Jude.

To make things relevant to geekhack, I've created a campaign, geekhackers for St. Jude, with rewards tailored to GH. I'd like to add more, so please let me know if there are any other GH-specific rewards I should add!

Link to campaign - geekhackers for St. Jude

Current Rewards (awarded based on total donated to this campaign):
  • $20 - "St. Jude Supporter" Custom Title on geekhack (geekhack reward)
  • $50 - Hand-typed (on a typewriter, not printed out) thank you note with some other small goodies
  • $60 - Relay FM Digital Bundle (Relay reward)
  • $100 - Sticker Pack + Digital Bundle (Relay reward)

Current Milestones (total achieved by all campaign supporters will trigger these events):
  • $??? - Need help with ideas here! Giveaway, crazy site-wide event, what do you want to see?

Outside of the geekhack campaign, Relay also hosts a fundraising Podcastathon filled with games and other fun activities - be sure to catch that on September 22nd as well!

Also, if you do donate, make sure you check if your employer matches donations!
Step 1: Make a personal donation to the Tiltify campaign.
Step 2: On the donation summary screen, click “Search employers” to see if your employer has a matching gift program. If so, you'll find details specific to your company's program.
Step 3: After selecting your employer, you will receive an email with instructions on how to submit your matching gift request. After submitting your request and clicking the green button in your email, the matching gift will be credited to the campaign total within 24 hours.
Note: Employer-matching gifts count towards the campaign total but are not eligible for donation rewards offered. Didn't request your match when you donated?

Link to campaign - geekhackers for St. Jude

Edit: Added $50 Incentive tier
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 September 2023, 17:13:11 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline farlig

• * St. Jude Supporter
Re: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Relay FM, and geekhack
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 14:57:40 »
I love this, great idea!
Collection: Singakbd x TGR Unikorn R2.2 Pewter Grey, JJW Cloudline Red WKL, Noxary Valhalla Green, Keychron Q1 Black

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 15:07:02 »
Fantastic initiative, Matt!
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 17:48:54 »
Great Idea Hoffman, love seeing stuff like this.

I think if you donate a certian amount, you get entered into a geekhack themed artisan raffle, Maybe a special sculpt or something. I think that could incentivise donations and some people get a cool cap out of it.

Offline HubertThemad

• * St. Jude Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 08 September 2023, 13:53:51 »
Thanks for saying something about the matching contributions for employers. That's pretty cool

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 12 September 2023, 08:22:32 »
Good idea.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 22 September 2023, 17:59:23 »
Thanks to all who have donated in support of St. Jude during this event! Your generosity is so appreciated by the team there and everyone they help with their work. :)

Wanted to bump this today to highlight the Podcastathon event going on right now by the fine folks at Relay FM. They started the event at noon eastern, and are running until midnight eastern tonight. :O Give it a view if you want to watch some people you might not know compete in silly games and competitions! :D

https://www.twitch.tv/relayfm