Author Topic: Fujitsu mobile usb keyboard  (Read 1324 times)

Offline carmen

Fujitsu mobile usb keyboard
« on: Sat, 14 November 2009, 17:30:50 »
my collection was down to 0, something to hold me over till my hhkb2 arrives.

Made in Japan, Fujitsu Limited, 2000-11

clear rubber domes, over a membrane, with plastic 'hinges' . its quite similar to the thinkpad in design, but the feel is not as good. its a higher pitched sound, and is noisier, harder to initiate the press and harder if you hit bottom, which you will, as the travel is less deep.

that said, it is incredibly compact, you could proably slide one under a cable box and use it for configuring a HTPC. im going to keep it around for headless servers and so forth. not a bad deal for $15

*mac aluminum lent to a friend, who moved across the country..appears "borrowed"  by an ex-roommate/visitor or something, nobody could find it. plus it would get stuck repeating after a keyup sometimes, and require da weird typing style where you lightly drag your finger over the key since theres no travel and you dont want to bottom out as youll just be banging into aluminum

* IBM Spacesaver USB (+trackpoint) was of recent vintage, splashed a tiny bit of water on it, and even after weeks of drying, it still sent random garbled characters on any keypress. i even peeled apart the membrane. it was a piece of crap from somewhat recent vintage, clearly not ultranav or model M grade, anyways

*the "IBM" branded keyboard i picked up at compUSA, and the Kensington slim which developed sticky keys, and straight up fried when i touched it and felt some static electricity pass into the pcb off my fingertip!

all told, i should have spent this 50 + 29 * 3 on a Filco or a few model M's that proably would still work. ive learned my lesson after a number of fail