Author Topic: [IC] TENET 70% Keyboard Kit with OLED Screen | GB coming up on 06/20  (Read 109007 times)

Offline ClickClack.io

• Find us on clickclack.io
    • clickclack.io
Would be nice to see some info/addressing of the issues with the chinese gb and whether not those issues would be fixed for this gb.

Please advise. There are no issue with TENET's in-stock sale units in China we know of.

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
Gorgeous and creative keyboard. Saw this on zFrontier a while ago, so I'm super happy that there's going to be an opportunity for those outside of China to grab one. I'm a sucker for southpaw and OLED is a sweetener on top. Great job oy2r!

It appears that the OLED screen is well implemented and supported so that's a big plus.
Suggestions:
- Add some modes like a fun animation (like bongo cat typing [bonus if animation speed is variable, dynamically changing with WPM [also displayed as there's enough screen estate there]), or Dino jumping cactus/dodging pterodactyl, or something more chill).
- Another mode idea is something related to audio (music equalizer animation bar graphs just look cool aesthetically ; and a volume indicator could be a nice touch).
- Could you have an animated mode that has the word 'TENET', and it rotates every 60 seconds? The reason why I say TENET and not TENET70, is because in the logo you have (TENƎ⊥), it's obviously an ambigram (looks the same when looked at upside down), which just encompasses the rotating theme even more.
- I'm not sure what the risk of burn in is, but that's something to be aware of, especially in the Metakey and custom Logo static modes; you might want that mode to have some sort of animation/screensaver that turns on once in a while.

This is one of the few where I feel the brass weight actually complements the theme strongly aesthetically, but my wallet says you can't really see the bottom in normal use cases lol. So sadly might just opt for aluminium.
In the post, you've written "Electrophoresis Warm White with Black Alu Weight", however the image shows Electrophoresis Warm White with White Alu Weight. I'm actually wondering which is the actual one that will be offered?
I'm also curious about what the white top with black weight combination would actually look like too.

In regards to the Hotswap PCB layouts:
Hotswap PCB shouldn't have split right shift (1.75u Shift + 1.0u Fn) forced in my opinion.
The default should be the 2.75u right shift, with split right shift only as an option if possible. My reasoning is twofold:

1) It looks better aesthetically due to both modifiers being one key only, instead of the right side shift modifier being two keys. 'Symmetry' is nice since you're forcing the Tsangan bottom row (whose appeal is because of it's symmetrical looking, which fits the whole vibe of the keyboard)
2) People who opt for Hotswap are typically less experienced enthusiasts, and thus probably more familiar and wiling to use the TKL right shift 2.75u, then the split right shift option.

But maybe this is just my bias against split right shift coming through. I'm not 100% against it, just not a fan. I guess one advantage of split shift is one less stab to install means less work and potential rattle ha.

If possible, add in split backspace support to Hotswap PCB to further expound on the symmetry aesthetic. I appreciate making both stepped and non-stepped caps lock a possible option in the hotswap PCB though! Would suggest looking at Wuque Studios designs (iikki68 Aurora and Mammoth75), as they somehow manage to finesse plenty of options such as split backspace, and split spacebar, into their hotswap PCBs.

Thank you for your feedback! Fixed IC typo. And will bring those OLED design ideas back to designer.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
omg. I want.

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
omg. I want.
Thanks for the support! Please sign up via Google forms or join our Discord for more updates.

Offline neoknob

• Neo knob
Amazing Work! Looking Great

Offline YTI

• The Immortal
Must have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
For those who want a their favorite creator to review TENET, please leave the creator’s name in the comment section, and we will count it as a vote too, thank you.

Offline YTI

• The Immortal
For those who want a their favorite creator to review TENET, please leave the creator’s name in the comment section, and we will count it as a vote too, thank you.
TaehaTypes , Alexotos

Offline Botty212

nearLucid

Offline Wham Brothers

Finally some treat for left hand users and fits the tenet theme. hope this is the gonna be good.

Offline 4milk

Thanks for sharing the China price, I am interested in the all alu version :)

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
TaehaTypes , Alexotos
Thanks for the suggestion, both will review the board.

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
Is it possible to introduce option to customize central weight to be blank?
Also, I would reconsider Metakey| logo? I can't help, but read it as a Metakek. And this one doesn't seem like a meme board.

Offline ImaSpacePotato

Going to echo the request for a non-split right shift. I think the board would look a lot nicer with a more symmetrical look, especially since you're already going for the 7u spacebar layout.

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
Is it possible to introduce option to customize central weight to be blank?
Also, I would reconsider Metakey| logo? I can't help, but read it as a Metakek. And this one doesn't seem like a meme board.
Currently we don't have the option to customize central weight. We will forward your feedbacks to the studio. Thanks.

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
Going to echo the request for a non-split right shift. I think the board would look a lot nicer with a more symmetrical look, especially since you're already going for the 7u spacebar layout.

For the solder PCB, there will be non-split right shift support and also ISO support!

Offline ^prince

That weight is really unique. Love it!

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
Some updates about sample making process. Metakey is currently making samples of full ALU version. However, due to the COVID lockdowns in China, it has been impacted.

Offline shendoo

• *RAUGHS*
Absolutely love this board. I am 100% in!! Can't wait to see this hit the GB! Well done!

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
Has the build process, stiffness, glare at an angle on led been resolved from the chinese sale? I recall those being mentioned on zf and many units going up for sale right after the buy with no markup. Also obins may offer the features you want for the oled but i am very hesitant to accept that you can do more with it. Tap hold features And other customizations don’t work as well. I am not the center of the universe but after using obins and permanently shelving my fuji I’m hesitant to buy

(EDIT: After posting I realise I can't find the original source of the glare and stiffness post I saw on zf additionally the amount of units was larger than I recall so the amount that I saw go up for sale seems proportional in hindsight)
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 April 2022, 21:22:34 by cogitoergofemme »
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
Has the build process, stiffness, glare at an angle on led been resolved from the chinese sale? I recall those being mentioned on zf and many units going up for sale right after the buy with no markup. Also obins may order the features you want for the oled but i am very hesitant to accept that you can do more with it. Tap hold features And other customizations don’t work as well. I am not the center of the universe but after using obins and permanently shelving my fuji I’m hesitant to buy

With Transformable Layout and OLED screen, TENET is a sophisticated design overall. In the R1, Metakey have never heard about any complains about excessive glare on screen. Stiffness is more of a personal feeling. We cannot judge for anyone. Obins' software and firmware cover most of customization support for layout and led. Maybe only very few advanced customizations are missing. But good thing is that it is commercially supported and it keeps evolving. At the end of day, different firmwares and Softwares have different focus. The multifunctional on-board screen is one key feature of TENET design. Supporting a screen, with things like CPU usage metrics function, is out of scope of QMK. So it's a tradeoff.

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

some nice innovation here!

Offline BasedCoper

Looks solid. Though would there be an option to give up the flippable sides or just have other tops in order not have keys around the arrows like most other FRLs?

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
Looks solid. Though would there be an option to give up the flippable sides or just have other tops in order not have keys around the arrows like most other FRLs?

That's not possible. The entire design is focused on Transformable Layout, like split PCB, symmetric case and that 6 key arrow key section. That would also make it like a regular TKL without functional row.

Offline granola bar enthusiast

happy to see the board using obin's, originally downloaded the software 3 years ago when i got my Anne Pro and it has been lying on my PC unused ever since i built my first board. also since i am a simp for southpaw layout's I'm happy to see that also

Offline 3yatt

Any chance for PC case?

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
Any chance for PC case?
We will discuss with the designer and let you know.

Offline yangsiyin

• Hello World~ Keebs
That looks amazing man. Missed the GB last year but definitely will on it this time.

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
Has the build process, ...

With Transformable Layout and OLED screen, TENET is a sophisticated design overall. In the R1, Metakey have never heard about any complains about excessive glare on screen. Stiffness is more of a personal feeling. We cannot judge for anyone. Obins' software and firmware cover most of customization support for layout and led. Maybe only very few advanced customizations are missing. But good thing is that it is commercially supported and it keeps evolving. At the end of day, different firmwares and Softwares have different focus. The multifunctional on-board screen is one key feature of TENET design. Supporting a screen, with things like CPU usage metrics function, is out of scope of QMK. So it's a tradeoff.

Thanks for the reply! You're certainly right stiffness is more of a personal feeling. I regret that it took me so long to make the edit to my statement I couldn't find the early post I thought I read the review on but left it in case you had a response. I'm glad you haven't heard of glare issues on the screen and after looking at videos on bilibilli of the oled it certainly does seem pretty feature rich. So yes a tradeoff.

The price for the in stock sale in china was competitive for the complexity although on the higher side. Will the price be similar considering the increased costs of an international sale while considering the decreased costs of not needing to front for production?
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
Has the build process, ...

Thanks for the reply! You're certainly right stiffness is more of a personal feeling. I regret that it took me so long to make the edit to my statement I couldn't find the early post I thought I read the review on but left it in case you had a response. I'm glad you haven't heard of glare issues on the screen and after looking at videos on bilibilli of the oled it certainly does seem pretty feature rich. So yes a tradeoff.

The price for the in stock sale in china was competitive for the complexity although on the higher side. Will the price be similar considering the increased costs of an international sale while considering the decreased costs of not needing to front for production?

The price will be similar to the first round of in-stock sale. But due to the sky rocketing raw material cost, Metakey mentioned it might be a little higher than R1. We understand the pricing is very important and we will pass to Metakey when set pricing in GB stage.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
Looks unique, which is saying a lot in this now crowded space with tons of copycats. Looking forward to this one

Offline KBKlon

Will there be regional vendors?

cooool :thumb:

Offline Botty212

most likely will be sold on clickclack.io only

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
most likely will be sold on clickclack.io only
That is correct. TENET GB will be launched on clickclack.io and we ship globally.

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
Hi everyone,

Here is full list of reviewers for TENET:
Taeha Types
3ildcat
Switch and Click / Betty
Badseed
Clackbait
MechMerlin
Alexotos
DBOKeys
Apiary Keyboards
Keybored
nearLucid

Stay tuned for stream or videos!

Offline BasedCoper

Hi everyone,

Taeha Types
3ildcat
Switch and Click / Betty
Badseed
Clackbait
MechMerlin
Alexotos
DBOKeys
Apiary Keyboards
Keybored
nearLucid

Switch and Click?  :confused:

Offline Botty212

Hi everyone,

Taeha Types
3ildcat
Switch and Click / Betty
Badseed
Clackbait
MechMerlin
Alexotos
DBOKeys
Apiary Keyboards
Keybored
nearLucid

thats a big list. :O
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 April 2022, 02:23:14 by Botty212 »

Offline SDKCAMPING

an insane and unique board, keen and watching. Love that this is something totally different from the run of the mill boards coming out usually
Blue Gray Ciel 60 with BCPs | E-white 7V (plateless) with Aqua Kings

Offline DirtyGingy

The more I read and explore this, the more interested I am. I'm not a fan of the proprietary software, but otherwise, I'm really liking the design and thoughtfulness

Offline yangsiyin

• Hello World~ Keebs
Shut up and take my money

Offline Hikari909

Is it possible to include PE foam? I know the sound of it is kind of overused nowadays but it would be a nice addition to those who like that sort of sound signature.

Offline BasedCoper

Is it possible to include PE foam? I know the sound of it is kind of overused nowadays but it would be a nice addition to those who like that sort of sound signature.

NO.

Offline icey_keebss

• deskmat designer
the design looks super complex i really like it

Offline Botty212

just buy a roll of it from a local hardware store for like 5$ or something similar in price.

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
Hi guys,

First batch of package shipped to reviewers!

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
Hi everyone,

Taeha Types
3ildcat
Switch and Click / Betty
Badseed
Clackbait
MechMerlin
Alexotos
DBOKeys
Apiary Keyboards
Keybored
nearLucid

Hi everyone,

"Shoobs" is also on the list.

Offline BasedCoper

Hi everyone,

Taeha Types
3ildcat
Switch and Click / Betty
Badseed
Clackbait
MechMerlin
Alexotos
DBOKeys
Apiary Keyboards
Keybored
nearLucid

Hi everyone,

"Shoobs" is also on the list.

SMH didn't give Blacked Simone an FRL.

Offline Kevin-3992

• kindlestar team
Great project  :thumb:

Offline Zyrophr

• https://zyrophr.com
    • zyrophr.com
Really happy to finally see this happening!
I hope I'll be able to get one :)
French keyboard streamer