Author Topic: [IC] GMK Lilac Girl  (Read 9170 times)

Offline KucherenkoZZZ

[IC] GMK Lilac Girl
« on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 19:50:11 »
GMK Lilac Girl

Artwork by Luxjii

Hey guys i want to present you a set that i've been working on for some time
 to see if this is something you'd be interested in.
GMK Lilac Girl is inspired by numerous lo-fi art works like the one you see above,
it's sort of romantic theme set that represents a lonely girl in a city during lilac summer skies

Colors

The set uses Pantone Coated Palette, i've tried a couple options with RAL Palette but it didn't work out
These colors are pretty tricky to your eye in terms of shades, so it really depends on a monitor settings that you have

Kits
For now i only have 4 kits for you and ideally i'd like to keep it this way,
it is as full as i think it should be to balance between compatibility, MOQs and retail price
If there is gonna be a lot of interest we can NorDeUk

Modern TKL Base with Alice/Arisu support, F13, ISO and 40's

Double-Shot Novelties with 65% support

Numpad for 1800/Macropad/Full Size keebs

Accent Spacebars, Arrows and F13 as well as upcoming Type-K support

Renders

Phoenix WKL [Cable Car Designs]

Nemui [Bachoo]

Dalco WKL [Hand Engineering]

Deskmat

In progress

Fill this in if you are interested in this set
 theres a bonus awaiting you at the end

Collabs, questions, talks

Discord: KucherenkoZZZ#6690
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 August 2022, 04:17:54 by KucherenkoZZZ »

Offline KucherenkoZZZ

Re: [IC] GMK Lilac Girl
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 19:50:33 »
Sorry for reuploading the thread, some renders had a weird lightning on the sides. Don't want it to create a bad impression

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 20:12:56 »
Did you really re-upload because of the renders or the bad response? Because you can edit posts my guy
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 20:22:43 »
still using the stolen art and still afraid of being dunked on

full cowardice mode

no mention of a novelties artist either
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 July 2022, 20:25:27 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline zhol

• zhol
i'm zhol

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 20:28:29 »
two bad impressions cancel out into one good one

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 20:30:14 »
hardest backtrack since gmk voodoo

Offline chat and team

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 20:50:53 »
Oh, its this guy again yikes
geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
Chinese overlords won

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 21:01:36 »
 :blank:
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 02:35:35 »
2 posts, 2 thumbs down.

Offline KucherenkoZZZ

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 02:53:04 »
Did you really re-upload because of the renders or the bad response? Because you can edit posts my guy

I know i can but it was up for only a couple hours and since i didn't make a reddit posts i thought it's better to start it from scratch
I'm open to critique, in fact i don't see it much here it's rather some sort of hate to me personally that i can't explain to myself

Offline Pyurii

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 03:26:50 »
Hi,

Don't really like how chonky the novelties look. Maybe downsize them a bit. The enter key novelty is also not my fave in terms of design.

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 04:04:48 »

I know i can but it was up for only a couple hours and since i didn't make a reddit posts i thought it's better to start it from scratch
I'm open to critique, in fact i don't see it much here it's rather some sort of hate to me personally that i can't explain to myself

Since you can't explain it to yourself, I will. You're using stolen art for your project and don't understand the forum culture. Maybe there was critique in the first post but we can't check since it's been deleted.

The kitting is a bit strange. No 2u bar for Alice users who like using it (not offered in spacebar kit either?), you've got 40s and 660 layout support in base but no numpad, there are no scooped homing keys, no ISO novelty and the numpad kit could benefit from a few more additions like a r1 = and double zero cap.

The IC form is pretty lackluster as well. Basically just asks me if I'm from Reddit or Geekhack and then which kits I'd buy.

Offline KucherenkoZZZ

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 04:35:32 »

Since you can't explain it to yourself, I will. You're using stolen art for your project and don't understand the forum culture. Maybe there was critique in the first post but we can't check since it's been deleted.

What does it mean when you say i'm using a stolen art? It's just a pic to explain where my inspiration for the set is coming from, stolen is when you taking this and slap it on novelties or on the box, just to get the idea of what stolen is take a look at GMK Art. Not mentioning the author was my bad, in fact i've tried to search for source prior to IC but didn't find anything, now that someone had posted it i've added credits below the pic.

The kitting is a bit strange. No 2u bar for Alice users who like using it (not offered in spacebar kit either?),

As i said i'm trying to balance between compability, moq and prices, since not a lot of people are using 2u bar for alice i think it's fair to remove it in order to save money

you've got 40s and 660 layout support in base but no numpad

And? As far as i know you don't need numpad in base to cover 40 percent or 660 layout, correct me if i'm wrong

there are no scooped homing keys, no ISO novelty and the numpad kit could benefit from a few more additions like a r1 = and double zero cap.

That is true, these are my first renders ever and i could forgot something, it will be fixed

Again, ISO doesn't have such popularity to include a novelties for it IMO

R1 and 00 can be added

The IC form is pretty lackluster as well. Basically just asks me if I'm from Reddit or Geekhack and then which kits I'd buy.

The main point of IC Forms is to gather feedback about kitting and colors and to analyze the demand, under each kit i've added field for advises and thoughts as well as general advices field so it leads me to believe that my form does cover the the main goal of ic form. Let me know what would like to see in IC Form and maybe we can make it better together

Offline Daesya

• 💜 purple supremacy 💜
    • social mediass
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 06:51:20 »
I will buy DMK Inazuma sorry....

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 08:18:43 »
Sorry for reuploading the thread, some renders had a weird lightning on the sides. Don't want it to create a bad impression

this doesn't even line up

at the time of posting this comment, it's approx 9 am on a friday

geekwatch posted the original ic at 1 pm on thursday

i clicked through all of the renders and none of them were uploaded earlier 21 hours ago, which is before the original ic was posted

so why did you delete your post and half ass an excuse instead of actually addressing concerns

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 08:46:02 »
Hi, a few thoughts.

Render lighting looks identical to what I saw before, if you changed something I can't tell. Also people upload entire new kits and new lighting all the time, pretty cringe to ask mods to delete your post expecting a different response the second time.  :-[

Some of the kitting decisions hurt my brain. Why is there an accent f13? Why does it exist? Why are there dark purple mod-colored 3us in spacebars but no 1u? You went to the trouble of putting alice support in base but not the 2u? You separated numpad from base but didn't include 00? Overall I'm confused.

Now let's talk about the novelties. "ISO doesn't have such popularity to include a novelties for it." I'll be frank, if your novelties looked better than chonky clip art this would be so, so wrong. ISO gives you so much more vertical space to bring your design and inspiration to life. The only thing that justifies this comment is the overall just meh-at-best quality of the novelties you've presented here. If you were a first time designer not deleting their own post I would probably react differently, but if you can make GMK Arabian Sea we both know you can do better than this. Even worse than the quality, none of these designs say "lilac lofi girl" to me. They're just plain cutesy clipart.

Finally, the colors. I don't know if it's monitor differences or what, but none of these colors are "lilac" to me. Overall I feel like I've seen this set half a dozen times already, probably because I already have. I think we all know you can improve this design, best of luck in doing so.

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 09:44:59 »
I love the colors  ;D

Edit
I just realised that there is no lilac but the sets name is "Lilac Girl", either I am blind, my monitor is the worst at colour accuracy or its not lilac.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 July 2022, 10:01:28 by Keeblet_257 »

Offline blunt

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 09:45:16 »
What am I looking at?

Offline ManiacMarc

• Twitch
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 18:38:29 »
Whelp, I feel like this is the closest I'll get to First Love.

Offline antsinyourpants

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 23:52:34 »
I'm not sure why you're getting so much hate. Artwork at the top of your post is not 'stolen' but inspiration. Either way, I love the colours! The novelties not so much, they definitely need some work but other than would be excited to see this in GB.

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 06:02:25 »
It's time for you to leave the hobby, the gates are clsoing.

Offline keekzmreed

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 02:38:18 »
Honestly, I think the set is dope. Everyone hating on this post needs to get a life. Its a keycap set and a picture off the internet. Relax and go do something with your life lol.
Calling it Lilac with no lilac is kinda weird to me tho, so I would agree with them on that and maybe change that. Otherwise GLWIC. :)

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 19:11:56 »

Offline keekzmreed

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 31 July 2022, 18:48:47 »
a picture off the internet

Show Image

Aye bruh that’s someone else's madden picture! You gotta give em their credits! haha crybaby

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 31 July 2022, 21:17:14 »

Show Image

Aye bruh that’s someone else's madden picture! You gotta give em their credits! haha crybaby

imagine shilling this hard for a mid keyset
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline keekzmreed

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 01:19:56 »

Show Image

imagine shilling this hard for a mid keyset
I can care less about this set as all I did originally was state my opinion on others being toxic towards the original poster. I then got called a clown for it. Am I not allowed to respond with the same toxicity? Like why is this community so hostile? Honest Question

Offline IconlabsOfficial

• Where makers make art!
    • Iconlabs
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 00:21:37 »
This will go perfectly with my Zoom65 lilac. Can't way!