Author Topic: You aren't a geek if you don't have this.  (Read 17091 times)

Offline Konrad

You aren't a geek if you don't have this.
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 12 September 2010, 17:26:18 »
Sometimes less is more. This thing is bloody useless. What if you need to use 2 or more tools together? I doubt this whale will fit in a pocket or even on a belt. So, uh, if you're going to have to lug around a small toolcase anyhow then why not fill it up with other tools, avoid the 107.2° angle problem, fit more useful tools into the same space/weight, and probably save a whole lot of money. (This monster is $800-$1000 new!)

I must often make do with less in the name of portability ... I carry a wimpy little MS8216 Pocket DMM (smaller than Radio Shack Pocket DMMs, though not as good) instead of my properly manly Fluke clampmeter (in toolbox, in car).

A good DMM (Fluke, Extech, etc) will definitely last a lifetime ... though it does need new batteries and NIST recalibrating every few years.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 September 2010, 19:20:45 by Konrad »

Offline Senor_Cartmenez

You aren't a geek if you don't have this.
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 13 September 2010, 03:52:32 »
I don't think this is a real product actually :)
But if it was, it probably would really have a particle accelerator, I agree there :drum:

Why would amazon use a picture of Darth Vader holding a lightsaber which's handle is this crazy pocket knife (suggesting of course that the "pocket" knife actually HAS a lightsaber function hehe). Was surprised to see amazon have that much humor as well ^^. Won't know for sure though unless someone orders it. Amazon.de did however mention below the price to "order quickly, only 5 left". I imagine if someone actually ignores the 600€ price tag and orders one, they will tell you that they were just all sold. awwwww