Author Topic: Games you are most looking forward to  (Read 387222 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Games you are most looking forward to
« Reply #850 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 16:38:06 »
So, I am thinking about getting a zelda game off the Wii network thing.  The ones I am considering are Zelda 1 and 2 for NES and A Link to the Past for SNES. 

I already have OoT, but never like Majoras mask. 

Suggestions?
IMO Link to the past is tied with OOT for best zelda game.  That may be based on nostalgia though.  I would say from those three, go with Link though.  You'll probably enjoy it more than the first two.

If you are considering Majoras Mask, I would choose it second to LTTP.  It wasnt a bad game, but didnt live up to the hype that OOT left in its wake.  Not sure if you have played it yet or not, but wind waker is on there as well and is very good.

Was not really considering MM to be honest.  I don't see Wind Waker, but I do not have the WiiU, just the standard Wii, but looking very forward to BotW for the Switch.

For what its worth, I never had a SNES, never played any of the open adventure games on NES.  My first Zelda game was OoT, first FF was 9, and never got into Pokemon series.

Same for Zelda and FF. FFIX is still my second-favorite in the series.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #851 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 16:39:47 »
So, I am thinking about getting a zelda game off the Wii network thing.  The ones I am considering are Zelda 1 and 2 for NES and A Link to the Past for SNES. 

Suggestions?
IMO Link to the past is tied with OOT for best zelda game.  That may be based on nostalgia though.  I would say from those three, go with Link though.  You'll probably enjoy it more than the first two.

If you are considering Majoras Mask, I would choose it second to LTTP.  It wasnt a bad game, but didnt live up to the hype that OOT left in its wake.  Not sure if you have played it yet or not, but wind waker is on there as well and is very good.

Was not really considering MM to be honest.  I don't see Wind Waker, but I do not have the WiiU, just the standard Wii, but looking very forward to BotW for the Switch.

For what its worth, I never had a SNES, never played any of the open adventure games on NES.  My first Zelda game was OoT, first FF was 9, and never got into Pokemon series.
I think wind waker might only be on the Wii U, so thats probably why youre not seeing it.  Deff check out link to the past, I dont think you will be disappointed.  I have played through it too many times to count. 

I think generally speaking, SNES was one of the all time best consoles.  There were so many great games on that system.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #852 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 23:03:09 »

Suggestions?

I think wind waker might only be on the Wii U, so thats probably why youre not seeing it.  Deff check out link to the past, I dont think you will be disappointed.  I have played through it too many times to count. 

I think generally speaking, SNES was one of the all time best consoles.  There were so many great games on that system.

SNES is definitely one of the top-five consoles of all time. PS2 is my favorite and I also consider that one one of the best five.

I played Link to the Past after I played Ocarina of Time (which was my first Zelda game), and, honestly, I didn't like it that much. Granted, this was years ago and I've been meaning to play it again.
Started MM on the 3DS but didn't get too far; want to play OoT 3D first and then jump to the MM remake after.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #853 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 23:21:10 »

Suggestions?

Link to the past is phenomenal, play it!

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #854 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 22:33:03 »

Suggestions?

But what about SMT?  :rolleyes:

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #855 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 22:39:26 »

Suggestions?

But what about SMT?  :rolleyes:
Not familiar to that one.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline RELLIK

« Reply #856 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 19:55:54 »
*Shin Megami Tensei series. You can combine demons similar to pokemon, generally pretty dark/edgier.
But ye...kind of alternative despite being Atlus's largest franchise. Mostly on the 3/DS now, with Persona as their console flagship.

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #857 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 04:16:52 »

Suggestions?

SNES is definitely one of the top-five consoles of all time. PS2 is my favorite and I also consider that one one of the best five.

I played Link to the Past after I played Ocarina of Time (which was my first Zelda game), and, honestly, I didn't like it that much. Granted, this was years ago and I've been meaning to play it again.
Started MM on the 3DS but didn't get too far; want to play OoT 3D first and then jump to the MM remake after.

SNES is my most favorite console :thumb:

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #858 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 18:33:30 »
Cyberpunk 2077

If it's anything as good as witcher 3... man... I'll be in my mancave for quite some time.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #859 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 01:59:01 »
Every day brings me one step closer to RDR2. :blank:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #860 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 08:07:50 »

Can't wait for konami to release it for PS4

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #861 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 08:25:59 »

Which game are you referring to?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #862 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 09:29:55 »

Read Dead Redemption 2 :D
The first Read Dead Redemption was probably one of my favorite if not _the_ favorite game of mine.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #863 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 11:22:33 »

Read Dead Redemption 2 :D
The first Read Dead Redemption was probably one of my favorite if not _the_ favorite game of mine.

RDR ?

I thought you misspelled it and were talking about DDR..

Overall DDR is the better game..  RDR was meh.. cowboys are stupid..  not enuff aliens or spaceships, and horses smell bad.. 

Everytime I watch a cowboy movie, I only imagine how awful it is to shoot these things because they have to smell those horses all day. hahahahahaha

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #864 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 05:32:13 »
Age of Empires IV has been announced.

Holy ****, I hope they don't **** up.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #865 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 05:37:09 »
METAL GEAR SOLID V

Show Image
Agreed, agreed, agreed. I usually try to temper expectations, but there is almost no way this will fall short of being the best game of all time.

Heh. The last unread post here for me was from June 2015. Things didn't quite pan out as expected. Mechanically the gameplay is still top notch though.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #866 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 21:08:45 »

I really hope they don't **** up. AoE II was the game that got me into RTS, I really hope this will come somewhere close to that.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #867 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 21:47:29 »

I really hope they don't **** up. AoE II was the game that got me into RTS, I really hope this will come somewhere close to that.

Age of empires, Starcraft, commandnconquer (RTS) were like,   reading a good book...

Dota 2,   is like  shooting up Meth... !!

Both make you feel good,  but one is much m0ar good,  and way easier..

Age 4,  hopefully they slow it down a bit instead of the extreme unplayability of starcraft 2..

However,  I would say command and conquer's recent releases were approximately the right pace..  but it clearly failed to gain attention in face of    Moba.. 

The general audience doesn't want to learn so much to have fun these days..

Without tapping into the general audience,,  the game will initially sell, but won't survive...

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #868 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 10:26:44 »

Can't wait.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #869 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 11:59:29 »

Suggestions?

Link's Awakening DX imo is the best Zelda game ever made, there's nothing superfulous, no dumb fetch quests, no obtuse puzzles, no filler bull****. Just a straight up classic Zelda adventure - very tightly designed and well-polished. I'd even put it above Link To The Past just because it is so well designed.

Best 3D Zelda imo is Windwaker. Always hated OOT, it's really tough to play now, it's so long in the tooth and hasn't aged well. Their inexperience w/ 3D game design at the time really shows in OOT.
I think Twilight Princess had better mechanics and level design, but Windwaker really built a world and gave you a sense of setting off on an adventure and no other Zelda game has quite as much personality.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #870 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 11:30:56 »
Still waiting on a Total Annihilation sequel and all I get is yet more Age of Empire sequels. Total Annihilation's designer even did an Age of Empire sequel.

I'm mostly impatiently waiting on Dusk to come out. End of October apparently. Need another single player FPS fix.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #871 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 11:36:18 »
Still waiting on a Total Annihilation sequel and all I get is yet more Age of Empire sequels. Total Annihilation's designer even did an Age of Empire sequel.

I'm mostly impatiently waiting on Dusk to come out. End of October apparently. Need another single player FPS fix.

i'm waiting on halo pc, aka destiny..

I'm confused as to what's taking so long with halo 3 pc..

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #872 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 12:18:41 »
Project Spring, 'nuff said. Feel free to get involved.

Offline Rodde

« Reply #873 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 16:47:35 »
Divinity: OS2 looks like a very solid new addition to the genre! The Game Master mode looks great too.

Offline SJHL

« Reply #874 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 09:42:23 »
Monster Hunter: World

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #875 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 07:09:27 »
Just finished BotW. Gonna trade it in for $30 towards Mario Odyssey. Can't wait for the end of October!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Softkore

« Reply #876 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 14:34:04 »
I'm just damn glad that Divinity: Original Sin 2 is out now. What an absolutely incredible co-op RPG. Really wish they made more games like this.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #877 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 05:22:30 »
Just finished BotW. Gonna trade it in for $30 towards Mario Odyssey. Can't wait for the end of October!

So now I have no games on my Switch and I'm sitting here just watching it collect dust til Odyssey. Any recommendations on the Nintendo eShop? My kid bought Minecraft, but I can't stand it.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #878 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 06:17:00 »
Man those Red Dead Redemption trailers look super good. :thumb:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #879 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 10:25:21 »

I liked hbo-westworld..  But not because of the cowboys..   

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #880 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 10:51:44 »
This has most likely been mentioned, but Quake Champions.
hi.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #881 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 11:13:37 »

I haven't seen Westworld yet, it's queued up though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #882 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 11:48:52 »

I haven't seen Westworld yet, it's queued up though.

The whole robot stuff is great..  I wish they'd not done all that nudie stuff,  but it's hbo, and their core audience are historically perverts who pay the premium for that sort of thing, hahaha..

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #883 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 12:06:02 »
Anyone in for Monster Hunter Worlds? I haven't checked in on Dauntless recently, however some people liked it.

Offline RELLIK

« Reply #884 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 06:45:27 »
Anyone in for Monster Hunter Worlds? I haven't checked in on Dauntless recently, however some people liked it.

Oh yeah! Really dont want PC release to be that far off though >_>

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #885 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 17:54:49 »
Project Spring, 'nuff said. Feel free to get involved.

Played it from release. It's alllright but doesn't really excel IMO.

TA community is working on another new RTS engine that may do the trick. We shall see. Chris Taylor also doing another indie RTS.

New Blood are doing a Hexen/Unreal 1 inspired game called Amid Evil that looks pretty cool.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #886 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 19:43:44 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #887 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 20:26:18 »

mmm... i guess the gun thing is kinda cool.. but everything else looks pretty rehash..

Is there another demo you saw ?

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #888 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 02:56:35 »

I'm looking forward to this one solely for the biomech/Giger art style. Looks amazing. There's another weird one that was in the works too, where you play as a demon or spirit going through hell, and it looks terrifying.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #889 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 10:16:06 »

I'm looking forward to this one solely for the biomech/Giger art style. Looks amazing. There's another weird one that was in the works too, where you play as a demon or spirit going through hell, and it looks terrifying.

Agony, yeah that looks really cool as well. I love biomech Hell stuff like this.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #890 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 14:09:22 »

Agony, yeah that looks really cool as well. I love biomech Hell stuff like this.

Hell yea, favorite kind of tattoo too. Haha.

You've seen the gameplay videos for that one as well, right? The art direction is such a trip. One of the only depictions of hell that I'm thinking, "ya know what, that's probably pretty accurate".

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #891 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 11:11:58 »
2018 looks to be shaping into a good year for single player shooters

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #892 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 11:35:17 »

IF one can fordz the 1080TI

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #893 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 08:28:48 »
Bleak Sword is looking interesting. Can't wait to see where it goes.
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #894 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 07:33:01 »
Sweet, I need something new to keep me entertained.
I don't play much else than Overwatch currently. Sometimes I'll play Horizon Zero Dawn, I just don't have the time for it right now.

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #895 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 12:03:52 »
FF7 Remake. Highly doubt it will even be finished in the next 10 years, given their track record.   :confused:

« Last Edit: Thu, 03 May 2018, 12:06:02 by dndliomx »

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #896 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 07:15:58 »
Haven't heard much in a while, but Death Stranding only to see what Kojima's been up to since leaving Konami. Not excited about it being a PS4 exclusive though.

Offline godlikekitten

« Reply #897 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 23:35:01 »
Cyberpunk 2077 and Smash 5 kind of.  Hoping that Nintendo bringing out Melee players means something, but Nintendo has disappointed me before.

Offline 1Weeb

• ◕w◕
« Reply #898 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 00:23:04 »
Definitely Cyberpunk 2077 like what others have said, Witcher 3 was amazing, can't wait to see what they have in store for future cyberpunk theme RPG

Offline Nomcr

• Hi I'm Cayde
« Reply #899 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 00:33:26 »
Idk about anyone else, but this Pokemon RPG that is coming out in 2019 that they've been talking about today. If it's as good as it could be, I'm going to take a month off next year for this release....