Author Topic: The most depressing meetup in the world  (Read 13936 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
The most depressing meetup in the world
« on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 11:49:00 »
Only ROTB showed up so far. I was hoping for any of the other people I invited.

At least eth0s told me he wouldn't show up.

This happened though

fixed picture
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 August 2014, 13:18:57 by TacticalStache »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
Re: The most depressing meetup in the world
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 12:34:00 »
 :-[
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 12:35:42 »
You warned me too, so you get a pass

But SOME people don't
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 12:51:27 »
Sad... I wish we had a MN meetup id be there in a FLASH.  :-[

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 13:16:08 »
Sux,

Try to make the most of it. If a meet up in the traditional sense is out, then the only other option is to go out for beers!
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 13:18:33 »
I mean, I got a bunch of cool intel on Bro Caps and more importantly, GOLDEN TOAD.

Bro, if you're looking, I'm still wanting.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 13:25:06 »

Just come to WI!

Offline Lurch

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 13:44:43 »

This happened though

Show Image

fixed picture

woof

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 22:38:25 »

Just come to WI!

Yes! We need to do this!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 23:48:16 »
New York meets have been notoriously difficult to get people to from the ones attempted since I've been around.  I think more people from the area flew to Chicago for Keycon than show up at the regional meet there.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 07:18:02 »
Yeah... I didn't know about this. Getting into the city is a PITA for me, though. We have so many people in NJ, PA, etc. Perhaps we could do a northern NJ meet sometime?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 08:53:32 »
Yeah... I didn't know about this. Getting into the city is a PITA for me, though. We have so many people in NJ, PA, etc. Perhaps we could do a northern NJ meet sometime?

Wait, I don't understand… I moved to NY because it's the center of the Universe… are there people who don't want to visit me?? :(

I thought everyone loved me and that NY was best and that everyone wanted to visit me.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 09:03:05 »

Wait, I don't understand… I moved to NY because it's the center of the Universe… are there people who don't want to visit me?? :(

I thought everyone loved me and that NY was best and that everyone wanted to visit me.

I'll visit you after you visit me...

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 11:27:50 »
keycon midwest is cool beans. we would be having it this winter but the newest member of geekhack; boilermaker and his wife's first, is due literally any day now  :eek:

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 11:47:27 »
Yep - KeyCon 3 Midwest is slated for Spring 2015 - will start planning in the next month or so!

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 11:53:31 »

This happened though

Show Image

fixed picture

Do live link, all 2 of you, and I'll be there via the live link, that the 2 of you do.

We can wear frozen pizza boxes as hats. I've never done that. Honestly.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 11:55:06 »
We made up for it a few days after by going to FPH and the Brooklyn Promenade. Geekhacking in the streets.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:02:30 »

Just come to WI!

This! I'm going to try my damndest to be there.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:05:21 »
We made up for it a few days after by going to FPH and the Brooklyn Promenade. Geekhacking in the streets.

You guys are so totally gangsta.

I'm jelly
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:06:32 »
I was handed a KUL-87 while sitting on the Brooklyn Promenade overlooking the Manhattan skyline. That's how you Geekhack.

Offline Lurch

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:11:43 »

I mean, I want to visit and all, but it's just getting to the center of the universe is suuuuch a drraaaaag. I think it's like $14 getting across the ****ing GWB now a days... :rolleyes:

Really though, I am really looking forward to the next efforts made to organize an east coast meetup. :thumb:

Can we do an official interest check to see who would be interested? ;D

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:12:44 »
I was handed a KUL-87 while sitting on the Brooklyn Promenade overlooking the Manhattan skyline. That's how you Geekhack.

That's....ridiculously awesome.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:18:32 »

I mean, I want to visit and all, but it's just getting to the center of the universe is suuuuch a drraaaaag. I think it's like $14 getting across the ****ing GWB now a days... :rolleyes:

Really though, I am really looking forward to the next efforts made to organize an east coast meetup. :thumb:

We gotta get more east coast stuff, the west coast people are having to much fun without us :p
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Lurch

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:30:05 »

We gotta get more east coast stuff, the west coast people are having to much fun without us :p

Agreed! The beast coast needs to step it up!

FWIW, I'm about an hour car ride from NYC, Philadelphia, or Wilkes-Barre, PA. But, I'm willing to travel a bit. Depending on how many people are interested, we might be able to use my company's office space for keyboard play time.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:36:43 »

Agreed! The beast coast needs to step it up!

FWIW, I'm about an hour car ride from NYC, Philadelphia, or Wilkes-Barre, PA. But, I'm willing to travel a bit. Depending on how many people are interested, we might be able to use my company's office space for keyboard play time.
NJ would be fine, Philly could also be a good midpoint since I know there are a few people in the VA/DC/MA area

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:42:15 »
SKCheng was willing to let us use his office if we wanted

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:44:39 »
FWIW, I will come out to an East Coast meetup if it's near NYC (read an hour by NJTransit, etc from location to NYC). Pretty sure I can swing it now.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 17:02:14 »
Someone start up the interest check :thumb:

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 17:08:21 »
Im really upset i missed this, flaked out at the last minute to cover a work shift :/ the trials and tribulations of minimum wage

*CPT we can share a cab, and some flalafel
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 August 2014, 17:10:06 by HipsterPunks »
sell out and eat ass

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 19:11:02 »
If there is some sort of east coast meetup, I promise to introduce anyone who is not familiar, our claim to fame.

« Last Edit: Thu, 28 August 2014, 19:13:25 by Flyersfan1 »
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 20:01:53 »
If there is some sort of east coast meetup, I promise to introduce anyone who is not familiar, our claim to fame.

Show Image

f*** subs, hoagies for life.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 20:29:27 »

Show Image

f*** subs, hoagies for life.
wawa's are fine, but have you seen the ****ing european convenient stores?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 20:51:36 »
*CPT we can share a cab, and some flalafel

OH ****, I'm so down for this :D

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 01:42:20 »
Flakehack.

So what's harder, setting a meeting or running a gb?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 10:01:09 »
running a GB

because if everyone flakes a meet you're not responsible for them

if everyone flakes a GB, you're out a lot of money

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 20:47:45 »
Yep - KeyCon 3 Midwest is slated for Spring 2015 - will start planning in the next month or so!

Oh **** yeah! Also , congrats! :D

Now that is cool..

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 21:19:52 »

This happened though

Show Image

fixed picture

Is that a sloth?
c h e r

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 21:21:50 »

This happened though

Show Image

fixed picture

Is that a sloth?

That would be a great idea for a keycap, but that's one of Bro Caps' "Ribbit" caps.  :)
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 21:25:17 »

This happened though

Show Image

fixed picture

Is that a sloth?

bro caps golden toad

it's ROTBs

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 21:38:56 »

This happened though

Show Image

fixed picture

Is that a sloth?

That would be a great idea for a keycap, but that's one of Bro Caps' "Ribbit" caps.  :)

Binge has a sloth..    :p  :p  :p

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 21:41:52 »
oh gawd those sloths

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 21:54:34 »

This happened though

Show Image

fixed picture

Is that a sloth?

This happened though

Show Image

fixed picture

Is that a sloth?

ooooo cool

c h e r

Offline Lurch

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 16:55:40 »
sllllooooooo-ffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 23:03:55 »
Dang, that stinks.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 23:23:01 »
Dang, that stinks.

i should have seen this coming when i mentioned that it happened

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 23:27:52 »
Dang, that stinks.

i should have seen this coming when i mentioned that it happened

More

More
More

More

More

Offline Taeha Types

• Subscribe to me :D
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 12:42:45 »
Wasn't sure if there was a meetup posting thread LOL.

Koffee & Keebs Norcal Mini Meetup 2018