Author Topic: Satan GH60  (Read 130958 times)

Offline hargon

Re: Satan GH60
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 07:39:09 »
Of course I can, thanks for offering help. I do not even reach the stage, you are describing. I have no Fn-Key (rightmost key in R2!?) soldered onto the board  instead  I use the long shift. So B bridge the Fn keys with a short wire by hand. When I then press other keys (while Fn is bridged, of course), they act normal so I think no Fn is registered by my PCB so far. For example I would expect the numbers to change to F1-F12 with Fn pressed, but they do not. To test the bridging  I did the same to other not soldered key holes and with this keys i register the expected outcome (Shift, Control or anything).
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 April 2016, 10:34:08 by hargon »

Offline jenggo

« Reply #151 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 00:23:53 »
Just received this pcb and i cant input these key:
backspace
backslash
enter
shift
Right control
can you help me solve this?
it seems these error in same column
Filcos | JD40 | Planck | FJELL | Jetfire | Weaven | GON 60 | BWU | DasKeyboard | PokerII | Strafe | Octagon v2 | TX 1800 | TXCP | Realforce 104UB | KMAC 1 | TXPad | DC60 | Ergos

Offline VentureG

« Reply #152 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 01:21:29 »
Fn is NOT on the default satan layout I received. The way I ended up flashing was using flip drivers + EasyAVR + flip or zadig drivers + tmk + tkg. That way when the board was in bootdriver mode my computer would recognize the device as a working atmega32u4

Offline hargon

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 03:56:39 »
Thx. Could you give some more details on the actual procedure and firmware used?

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #154 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 20:02:53 »
Fn is NOT on the default satan layout I received. The way I ended up flashing was using flip drivers + EasyAVR + flip or zadig drivers + tmk + tkg. That way when the board was in bootdriver mode my computer would recognize the device as a working atmega32u4

hey, what do you mean about the flip drivers? I have a working board through tkg, but I wanted to use EasyAVR
I think my problem is in the drivers but I cant figure out how to update the necessary drivers

using Win10

I get to the point to put it in bootloader mode, where the keyboard turns off. I go to select USB and it give the option to open or cancel
clicking open says could not open device
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 April 2016, 20:13:26 by Moistgun »

Offline VentureG

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 21:22:44 »
Atmel Flip and TKG are merely tools used to flash firmwares. It doesn't matter if you used EasyAVR or TKG or TMK to build your firmware, Flip and TKG can flash it. I just spent 20 minutes writing a nice guide but then I pressed refresh because I'm a serial refresher and it's all gone. I'll write a quicky.

1. BUILD YOUR FIRMWARE WITH WHATEVER. This should produce a '.hex' file.

How to get drivers and use Flip

1. Download it and install (it requires java).
2. Plug in the board you want to flash
3. Put it in bootloader mode by pressing the button. You should hear the device disconnect sound.
4. Open device manager and look for Universal Serial Bus Devices
5. You should see atm32u4DFU or atm32u4 possibly with a yellow exclamation sign.
6. Right click > Update or Install Device Drivers > Browse my computer for drivers
7. Check the Include Subfolders box and brows for your atmel flip install folder.
8. Hit next. This should install atmel flip drivers.
9. Follow this video guide on how to use flip: Not a valid vimeo URL - your board has to be in bootloader mode to flash.

How to get drivers and use TKG
1. Download and install zadig This is what will find the right driver that TKG is expecting.
2. Put your board in bootloader mode
3. Open zadig 2.2
4. Now follow HPE1000

So moistgun helped me with that same issue when using TGK. You have to put the board in bootloader, then launch the exe in the tool folder called zadig. Go to options, show all devices. Then choose this option

Show Image

Then you do the setup.bat file

choose

N

then drag your keymap.eep file onto the reflash.bat file and follow directions

That should do it.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 21:29:16 »
Atmel Flip and TKG are merely tools used to flash firmwares. It doesn't matter if you used EasyAVR or TKG or TMK to build your firmware, Flip and TKG can flash it. I just spent 20 minutes writing a nice guide but then I pressed refresh because I'm a serial refresher and it's all gone. I'll write a quicky.

1. BUILD YOUR FIRMWARE WITH WHATEVER. This should produce a '.hex' file.

How to get drivers and use Flip

1. Download it and install (it requires java).
2. Plug in the board you want to flash
3. Put it in bootloader mode by pressing the button. You should hear the device disconnect sound.
4. Open device manager and look for Universal Serial Bus Devices
5. You should see atm32u4DFU or atm32u4 possibly with a yellow exclamation sign.
6. Right click > Update or Install Device Drivers > Browse my computer for drivers
7. Check the Include Subfolders box and brows for your atmel flip install folder.
8. Hit next. This should install atmel flip drivers.
9. Follow this video guide on how to use flip: Not a valid vimeo URL - your board has to be in bootloader mode to flash.

How to get drivers and use TKG
1. Download and install zadig This is what will find the right driver that TKG is expecting.
2. Put your board in bootloader mode
3. Open zadig 2.2
4. Now follow HPE1000

So moistgun helped me with that same issue when using TGK. You have to put the board in bootloader, then launch the exe in the tool folder called zadig. Go to options, show all devices. Then choose this option

Show Image

Then you do the setup.bat file

choose

N

then drag your keymap.eep file onto the reflash.bat file and follow directions

That should do it.
Well with the tmk setup you are flashing using an eep file, I needed the instructions to load the hex to the board with flip.  And specifically how to make it recognize the USB through flip.   I want to use easyavr to program as its a bit easier on the fly.

Also you linked hpe's explanation of my explanation lolol

Thanks alot, that should have answered my question!

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Offline VentureG

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 21:31:23 »
Well with the tmk setup you are flashing using an eep file, I needed the instructions to load the hex to the board with flip.  And specifically how to make it recognize the USB through flip.   I want to use easyavr to program as its a bit easier on the fly.

Also you linked his explanation of my explanation to him lolol

Sorry, I wanted to include both so all the information could be included in one place. Wouldn't have known to use zadig without you and HPE1000

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 21:42:51 »

Also you linked his explanation of my explanation to him lolol

Sorry, I wanted to include both so all the information could be included in one place. Wouldn't have known to use zadig without you and HPE1000

Oh, I just thought it was funny thats all.

I did the steps to update the drivers, and they say that they are the most up to date version.

However it still says could not open usb device

Offline VentureG

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 22:01:33 »
Oh, I just thought it was funny thats all.

I did the steps to update the drivers, and they say that they are the most up to date version.

However it still says could not open usb device

Odd. I can actually flash with TKG or Flip with no issues but I can't actually install drivers (using zadig or flip drivers) that cause either tool to fail. I can't seem to get your problem to reproduce.

Could you try using zadig to force install another driver and then try installing the flip drivers?

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 22:03:56 »
What os are you using?
I had the Zadig drivers as tkg is what I used.  So I went from those to the flip ones (3.4.7)

I can try the driver path later tonight.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Offline VentureG

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 22:07:08 »
Using windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit (10.0 Build 10240). I can try using Ubuntu to flash.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 09:07:28 »
Using windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit (10.0 Build 10240). I can try using Ubuntu to flash.

So weird. I don't know why it wont "connect to usb"
The keyboard works perfectly fine.
I still need to try switching the drivers around I guess.

Offline odd

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 01:28:38 »
What's the difference between a eep file and a hex? I am used to using EasyAVR for pretty much all my boards (GH60, Phantom,Handwired, etc) and when I tried to flash using a hex file the keyboard just stopped working. I think it has something to do with eeprom but agian cannot be sure and that is why I am asking.

Offline jenggo

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 04:10:12 »
i tried to change the diode, but still no luck...
Filcos | JD40 | Planck | FJELL | Jetfire | Weaven | GON 60 | BWU | DasKeyboard | PokerII | Strafe | Octagon v2 | TX 1800 | TXCP | Realforce 104UB | KMAC 1 | TXPad | DC60 | Ergos

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 09:01:48 »
What's the difference between a eep file and a hex? I am used to using EasyAVR for pretty much all my boards (GH60, Phantom,Handwired, etc) and when I tried to flash using a hex file the keyboard just stopped working. I think it has something to do with eeprom but agian cannot be sure and that is why I am asking.

I would ask this question in a different thread. I know you can use either on Kairyus reflash.bat file to flash the gh60 satan. But idk the difference

Offline odd

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 15:49:00 »
So I can drop a hex file on reflash.bat and do it that way? awesome, thanks... :D

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 16:02:44 »
So I can drop a hex file on reflash.bat and do it that way? awesome, thanks... :D

Yes you can.

It doesn't seem to act any differently. Thats how I flash my satan with easyAVR since Flip doesnt work for me.

Offline r0ngb13n

« Reply #168 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 00:58:30 »
Hi guys, my keyboard just got a problem today. I can use some functions like mouse key, change the volume, ... But i can't type.
And i recognize when i connect usb cable, it shows a USB connected icon in taskbar like i just connected a usb driver.

Any help?? And sorry for my bad English

Update: Well i've fixed it. I just uninstall GH60 driver then reconnect. Now i'm typing with this keyboard now :d Yayy
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 April 2016, 04:00:10 by r0ngb13n »

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 18:52:43 »
For those with the knowhow to run docker, but not necessarily the knowhow to compile TMK, I made a toy for you:
https://git.io/vwF5l

Yes, I realize that would be a rather small target group, but I made this mostly because I keep forgetting how to compile TMK. This way I just update the keymap, run the script and wait two minutes.

Oh, and REALLY NOT WELL TESTED! COPY keymaps to the folder, don't move them!
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 May 2016, 05:54:56 by tofgerl »

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #170 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:22:51 »
Does the Satan gh60 support pcb mounted stabilizers?

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #171 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:27:53 »

Yep

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:32:33 »

Yep

Funny, putting one together right now w/ PCB-mounted stabs. The PCB is tougher than I expected and using PCB-mount switches was a bad idea when I have a plate - the small legs take so much force to secure all the way into the PCB. My poor nails and fingertips.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #173 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:33:30 »
I was looking at Ebay a few days ago and noticed there are now 2 diffrent versions of the Satan 60 being sold

The first and original post:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SATAN-pre-soldered-DIY-GH60-Keyboard-PCB-support-Breathing-LED-60-cherry-MX-/272032784852?hash=item3f566ae1d4:g:o-oAAOSw~bFWNQs4

The new one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-NEW-DIY-GH60-Keyboard-PCB-support-Breathing-LED-60-cherry-MX-/291762167130?hash=item43ee615d5a:g:IfUAAOSwJQdW-XHp

The differences I can tell from the pics and the listing is:

- One ships from Taipei city , Taiwan (original posting) and the new one ships from Hong Kong. Indicating these are separate people producing these.

- The original posting supports 1210 SMD leds on the bottom side and the new one does not.

just a shred of info for your face

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 13:00:20 »
So im using a plate with mine, do you recommend i use pcb mounted or plate mounted stabilizers? Is one better then another?

Thanks,

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 13:26:53 »
So im using a plate with mine, do you recommend i use pcb mounted or plate mounted stabilizers? Is one better then another?

Thanks,

PCB will be more stable if you are using a PCB

he/she was complaining about the force needed to insert them was annoying

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 13:45:55 »

Thanks,

PCB will be more stable if you are using a PCB

he/she was complaining about the force needed to insert them was annoying
Perfect thank you! And yes i figured that seemed a bit dramatic ;D

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 14:06:59 »
Force with PCB stabs? I don't recognize that... With PCB mounted switches? Oh god, yes!

And yes, use PCB stabs. So much better!

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 14:07:46 »
If im using a plate also will PCB mounted stabs be in the way at all or no?

Thanks,

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 15:40:43 »
If im using a plate also will PCB mounted stabs be in the way at all or no?

Thanks,

They shouldn't be, no.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #180 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 15:55:52 »
if you use plate you must use plate mounted stabs, with some exceptions (like the SPRiT acrylic plate) which only are compatible with PCB mounted stabs ;)
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 16:03:39 »
mhmmmm two different answers haha

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 16:11:16 »

I have a Satan PCB, PCB mount stabs, and a plate from leandren.

no issues.

This is the only MX board i've built, so its my one experience to share.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 16:17:05 »
leandren plates are one of those exceptions (like SPRiT ones) that I've mentioned!

if you read in the GB, he said:
"PCB-mount only. There is no way to have holes in the plate to clip stabs onto, and also have support for various layouts." (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73666.0)
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 May 2016, 16:19:21 by Prelim »
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 17:09:20 »
leandren plates are one of those exceptions (like SPRiT ones) that I've mentioned!

if you read in the GB, he said:
"PCB-mount only. There is no way to have holes in the plate to clip stabs onto, and also have support for various layouts." (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73666.0)
Shows what I know! Listen to prelim!

Sent from my fingers at a local payphone

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 12:13:05 »

no issues.

i keep seeing this thing pop up. and i'm somewhat interested. on yours do you plate mount or just solder the switches directly to the pcb no plate?
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #186 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 12:22:37 »

no issues.

i keep seeing this thing pop up. and i'm somewhat interested. on yours do you plate mount or just solder the switches directly to the pcb no plate?

My switches are snapped into a plate and the switches are soldered to a pcb.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #187 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 16:54:30 »

no issues.

That's plate mounted :)
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 17:00:53 »

no issues.

That's plate mounted :)

with PCB mounted switches and PCB mounted stabilizers.

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #189 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 17:00:13 »
Has anyone ever had a whole row of keys not being recognized? For me that is the case with the second bottom row (where both shifts are located).

Any ideas how to fix that?

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 09:13:39 »
Has anyone ever had a whole row of keys not being recognized? For me that is the case with the second bottom row (where both shifts are located).

unless theres some error in the keymap you set up, it is likely an issue with the PCB.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 03:16:57 »
Or at least a double soldering mistake. Couldn't be a single I think...

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 10:22:31 »

There are 2 versions of the satan 60, and the new one is wired differently. What version do you have? The way to tell is if there are 1210 led pads on the back (http://i.imgur.com/Z5VKoxo.jpg), if there are pads on the back then you have the the first version and you could try and use my firmware here : https://github.com/BNCaps/QMK-RGB/tree/master/keyboard/satan

I have no experience with the new version of the PCB, but i read somewhere that they had to do some manual tracing to get a version of TMK working with it as the column layout is different then the first version.

You could also email whoever you got it from asking where the original firmware is.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 10:29:17 »

There are 2 versions of the satan 60, and the new one is wired differently. What version do you have? The way to tell is if there are 1210 led pads on the back (http://i.imgur.com/Z5VKoxo.jpg), if there are pads on the back then you have the the first version and you could try and use my firmware here : https://github.com/BNCaps/QMK-RGB/tree/master/keyboard/satan

I have no experience with the new version of the PCB, but i read somewhere that they had to do some manual tracing to get a version of TMK working with it as the column layout is different then the first version.

You could also email whoever you got it from asking where the original firmware is.

Jee, that is why I prefer to go with other PCBs, instead of this.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 10:56:13 »
Jee, that is why I prefer to go with other PCBs, instead of this.

I agree its pretty ridiculous as this board should have never bared the name "GH60" as neither version shares anything in common with a GH60 at all. Copies of copies with simmilar names....  :confused:

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 15:10:30 »
Does this look like the new or old version?
https://www.bhiner.com/taobao-agent/44233495458

Because I bought the new version before, and I need more (you know, because of the reasons...) and I'd really like to avoid having to "support two codebases" as they say...

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 15:17:37 »
Does this look like the new or old version?
https://www.bhiner.com/taobao-agent/44233495458

Because I bought the new version before, and I need more (you know, because of the reasons...) and I'd really like to avoid having to "support two codebases" as they say...

Looks alot like mine with the intention to do.  I think mine is the first version.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 15:23:25 »
Yeah, I wonder if they meant it to say something like "Be satanic" or whatever.
China's grasp of english as a community is horrible :(

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 15:30:40 »
Yeah, I wonder if they meant it to say something like "Be satanic" or whatever.
China's grasp of english as a community is horrible :(

Who knows! Its definitely a bit of an enigma.

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 17:16:33 »
I believe the "intention to do" is the first and the "Satan.com.cn" is the second revision. I really really hope there's some solid firmware in place for the second revision because I believe that's what comes with the kit from AliExpress.