Author Topic: Would you like a quality Corsair K95 keycap set?  (Read 4994 times)

Offline Sirgeorge

Would you like a quality Corsair K95 keycap set?
« on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 12:57:28 »
So, currently only one translucent set exists that covers the full range of keys on a Corsair K95 keycap and it isn't much to look at. If you want a translucent set, then just type in "Corsair K95 keycap set" and you'll be golden. Everyone else, well...you're out of luck. But, if you could get a set to replace those awful keycaps on the stock keyboard and fix the one problem with that keyboard would you? It just seems like an unexploited market. What if someone made artisan keycaps for the key sizes that are exclusive to that keyboard and similar such keyboards in that niche? Anyone interested? I'm just curious.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Would you like a quality Corsair K95 keycap set?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 13:40:16 »
No, because I think about customizability when I buy a keyboard.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline justinmtype

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 13:43:35 »
Supporting Corsair would be enabling bad behavior.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 11:13:51 »
To be completely honest, I would much rather see Corsair switch to a standard layout instead which would make this a non-issue.  However, I'm sure there is some odd marketing reason as to why that won't happen so yeah, there would probably be a small amount of interest in something other than the transulcent set that is available now.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline carmenohio

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 18:02:43 »
To be completely honest, I would much rather see Corsair switch to a standard layout instead which would make this a non-issue.  However, I'm sure there is some odd marketing reason as to why that won't happen so yeah, there would probably be a small amount of interest in something other than the transulcent set that is available now.

Fully agree.  Corsair and their employees are very stubborn about using a standard layout for whatever reason.  I've asked employees from their keyboard division why they do not use a standard row their keyboards can support aftermarket keycaps, and they never respond directly to my question... and instead respond by saying that keycap manufacturers should adopt their layout, and when that happens the non-standard bottom row will be a non-issue.  Corsair is stupid for thinking keycap manufacturers will adopt anything but standard ANSI, ISO, JIS layouts - keycap manufacturers haven't catered to Corsair's layout yet, and won't unless Corsair somehow has a monopoly on the mechanical keyboard market.

I also feel most Corsair owners wouldn't care about nicer keycap sets.  If you try to tell most Corsair keyboard owners that their keyboards are overrated because of the poor ABS keycaps and you don't have options to replace them because of the non-standard bottom row, most of them just say, "Who cares?  They're just keycaps!".  The people who are keyboard enthusiasts and actually care about nicer keycaps aren't buying Corsair either.  It's mostly misguided gamers buying the brand because of the flashy lights and the floating key look.

Offline seville57

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 04:36:55 »
No standard bottom row = no buy.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 09:06:25 »
Supporting Corsair would be enabling bad behavior.

Agreed, no interest here.