Author Topic: Paging Thechemist  (Read 2236 times)

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
Paging Thechemist
« on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 23:07:38 »
My friend was a newcomer to this hobby, and ordered 3 of the Ergodox kits from Massdrop for himself, as well as to make gifts for others. I recommended you due to your assembly of a LZ-B8 for me. He sent you three ergodoxes to build in March of this year. You agreed a fee, you agreed to the work, and you accepted delivery. However, after 8 months, you've not responded but once to an email, and that was 3 months ago. We've tried e-mailing you at two addresses, tried PM'ing you multiple times here, and have heard absolutely nothing.

Please ship the boards back, that's all he wants. I'm taking this issue personally, because I personally vouched for your service. This has been an awful introduction for my friend into this community, and I hope you will man up and just give his stuff back.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 November 2015, 23:14:42 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: Paging Thechemist
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 06:19:50 »
Ugh. Seems like anyone and everyone who ends up offering building services gets too far in over their heads and disappears.

Good luck bump.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 06:24:15 »
My friend was a newcomer to this hobby, and ordered 3 of the Ergodox kits from Massdrop for himself, as well as to make gifts for others. I recommended you due to your assembly of a LZ-B8 for me. He sent you three ergodoxes to build in March of this year. You agreed a fee, you agreed to the work, and you accepted delivery. However, after 8 months, you've not responded but once to an email, and that was 3 months ago. We've tried e-mailing you at two addresses, tried PM'ing you multiple times here, and have heard absolutely nothing.

Please ship the boards back, that's all he wants. I'm taking this issue personally, because I personally vouched for your service. This has been an awful introduction for my friend into this community, and I hope you will man up and just give his stuff back.

He had my Red Scarf upwards to 7 monmths before he messaged me back. he said he was having family issues. He did deliver the board though. Good luck with your board.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 06:38:57 »

I am doing ok but for personal and legal reasons I don't want to get into it on the forum and would rather go through PM's.

I still have everyone's keyboard and am working on completing everything on hand so that I can focus back on my family.

Offline limitz

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 07:27:31 »

I am doing ok but for personal and legal reasons I don't want to get into it on the forum and would rather go through PM's.

I still have everyone's keyboard and am working on completing everything on hand so that I can focus back on my family.

I've sent him at least 4-5 PM's, and have received no response. Last login was nearly 2 months ago.

The issue is, he's not playing with my money, but my friend's money. If it was my money, I can shut up, but my friend is worried about his stuff as he's heard very little from him.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 07:33:41 »
I like relatively close to him and have interacted with him personally.

He assembled my Corsa and helped me out when I needed some work done on my B8. Super nice guy and I know he wouldn't disappear like this unless something serious is going on.

I have sent him about 10 text messages over the past 6 or so months and haven't gotten a reply to any of them. I hope that he gets his issues sorted and is able to come back soon.

Offline MeltingTeeth

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:07:13 »
Shouldn't this be in offtopic?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:20:40 »
It's about missing keyboards though.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:21:10 »

Nice spam post. Not sure why it matters that much to you, but it seems relevant enough to "Keyboards" to me.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline wdiebel

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 17:36:41 »
Unfortunately I am still waiting to hear anything else back.  I guess this is a hard way to learn not to send things out in bulk for assembly...

Offline limitz

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 12:36:45 »
I like relatively close to him and have interacted with him personally.

He assembled my Corsa and helped me out when I needed some work done on my B8. Super nice guy and I know he wouldn't disappear like this unless something serious is going on.

I have sent him about 10 text messages over the past 6 or so months and haven't gotten a reply to any of them. I hope that he gets his issues sorted and is able to come back soon.

Does he still have some of your stuff? I'm just trying to understand if he's holding other's stuff as well.

He also did some work for me, but I don't know if I would use the "nice guy" adjective anymore.

Still no resposne from him yet... email, PM, or anything. When you're holding hundreds of dollars of someone else's stuff, ****'s not cool.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 November 2015, 12:39:49 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline wdiebel

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 15:05:29 »
I have sent a final message asking for some sort of communication by the end of week, otherwise I am going to have to figure out what legal recourse I have here.   

I would highly recommend against sending him anything at this point.