Author Topic: The Street Fighter V Thread  (Read 22140 times)

Offline CoolGrayAJ

The Street Fighter V Thread
« on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 11:00:58 »
It's launch day! Who picked it up, and who wants to play? I've got it both for PC and PS4 :)

HHKB         Razer BlackWidow     Steelseries 6gv2         Logitech G710+
                   Evil Geniuses Edition   MX Red & Brown

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: The Street Fighter V Thread
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 11:27:05 »
All I've paid attention to was this:

SFV collabo!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 12:05:05 »
Idk man... my graphics card can't run it...  andddd.... they're gonna release like 10 more editions and dlcs..

Offline gastron

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 14:18:39 »
I think I may wait for the first round of DLC to hit in June.

Also a little salty that MS hasn't fixed Xbone arcade sticks on Windows yet.

tp4tissue: Capcom claims that SFV will be the only edition and new characters and balance will be done via patches/dlc. The promise is that you can grind rather than pay for the dlc.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 14:21:25 »

tp4tissue: Capcom claims that SFV will be the only edition and new characters and balance will be done via patches/dlc. The promise is that you can grind rather than pay for the dlc.

Why do I feel like that sounds like a Trick... hahahahahaha

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 14:23:40 »

Why do I feel like that sounds like a Trick... hahahahahaha

balance patches are going to be free (finally), dlc will come in seasons.  You can wait until the first DLC comes in march to see exactly how much you'd need to grind to get a char, or start grinding now  :-X

Offline MassdropAlex

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 17:17:13 »

SFV collabo!

Capcom really hittin the hiphop scene with SFV. Daigo vs Lupe and a Heiroglyphics collab? Some marketing I can get behind for sure

Offline CoolGrayAJ

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 17:44:28 »
Like everyone's said, Capcom shouldn't be dishing out editions of Street Fighter V, rather roll out patches like most games these days. You can also unlock characters (when they get released) with Fight Money (in-game currency a la League of Legends).

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 18:07:20 »
managed to get in 10-ish games last night, was really fun

I'm pretty amateur at street fighter games, so I was only winning a few. I really want to play M. Bison, but I'm not too used to all the directional hold commands. may just use ryu/ken for a bit just so i can learn the game and the characters

also I need a new computer lol. my 4 year old machine has a bit of trouble on non-training stages..

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 18:16:58 »
Had to whip out my fight stick.  I can't even make proper inputs anymore.  Why did I ever stop?!

Offline CoolGrayAJ

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 18:54:54 »
Had to whip out my fight stick.  I can't even make proper inputs anymore.  Why did I ever stop?!

LOL I know the feeling! I main Dhalsim, and I can't do TK teleports consistently anymore T_T

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 19:21:30 »
you guys could get a hitbox (or build one), makes inputs less wishwashy and more transparent

Offline raymogi

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 19:38:39 »
Me!

Although I'm still out of town so I can't play it yet.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 21:06:16 »

SFV collabo!

Capcom really hittin the hiphop scene with SFV. Daigo vs Lupe and a Heiroglyphics collab? Some marketing I can get behind for sure

haha..murs with the slug reference..thought the video was this

Offline filphil

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 23:04:41 »
you guys could get a hitbox (or build one), makes inputs less wishwashy and more transparent

I'll have to see. Was considering building a stick but that depends on how much time I'm able to put in and if I want to go in on the weekly tourneys here on nj/nyc. Competitive play is pretty strong in my area so maybe it'll happen.

Offline CoolGrayAJ

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 02:04:14 »

I'll have to see. Was considering building a stick but that depends on how much time I'm able to put in and if I want to go in on the weekly tourneys here on nj/nyc. Competitive play is pretty strong in my area so maybe it'll happen.

If you aren't already, I highly suggest Next Level on Wednesdays (if they still do their weeklies then).

Offline filphil

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 15:52:52 »

If you aren't already, I highly suggest Next Level on Wednesdays (if they still do their weeklies then).

I'm fairly sure they still do something weekly. Few friends of mine still go there weekly afaik. 8 on the break is easier to get to since I don't have to cross the Hudson River

Offline CoolGrayAJ

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 15:54:26 »

I'm fairly sure they still do something weekly. Few friends of mine still go there weekly afaik. 8 on the break is easier to get to since I don't have to cross the Hudson River

Equally legit place to go :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 16:30:08 »
Waiting a few weeks until they patch it. Heard it's a **** show right now.

THERE'S NO STICK. YOU ARE ****ING CRAZY!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 05:50:56 »
Tried the Argggh.. verison..

So. my hori doesn't work.. that's fine, joy to key..

Graphics. um... I feel like they made the general scenes "simpler" so the PS4 can handle 60fps

I got an ati 7970 so, it can only handle 1920x1200 in this game (gpu usage hovers around 75%).. @ 2560x1600, the Gpu goes to 99% at times, and I heardz onLine that if the game ever hits below 60, your inputs get dropped or messed up.. so sigh...............

Temporal anti-aliasing is blurry but, it's not like this game has sharp textures anyway, so doesn't matter..

Overall.. I certainly would buy it on a steam sale..    Definitely not going into another street fighter before the DLCs hit.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 05:53:06 »

Hahaha..

The Stick is a lie..   it's just 4 micro-switches underneath..

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 06:05:15 »

Graphics. um... I feel like they made the general scenes "simpler" so the PS4 can handle 60fps

I got an ati 7970 so, it can only handle 1920x1200 in this game (gpu usage hovers around 75%).. @ 2560x1600, the Gpu goes to 99% at times, and I heardz onLine that if the game ever hits below 60, your inputs get dropped or messed up.. so sigh...............

Temporal anti-aliasing is blurry but, it's not like this game has sharp textures anyway, so doesn't matter..

Overall.. I certainly would buy it on a steam sale..    Definitely not going into another street fighter before the DLCs hit.

running on lowest graphics and praying that my matches are on the training stage  :'( 4 year old pc can't handle it

bought a shady cd key for like $30USD instead of the $60USD version on steam tho

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 06:09:20 »

running on lowest graphics and praying that my matches are on the training stage  :'( 4 year old pc can't handle it

bought a shady cd key for like $30USD instead of the $60USD version on steam tho

??

4 years old is sandybridge and nvidia gtx 680 or ati hd7970.   that runs the game at 1920x1200 perfectly.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 06:12:53 »
My little laptop with 970M runs this game perfectly. I don't know what's gonna happen when I go back to my desktop with 690. I know it's powerful but damn that thing is super old by now.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 06:14:42 »

??

4 years old is sandybridge and nvidia gtx 680 or ati hd7970.   that runs the game at 1920x1200 perfectly.

i5 2500K and GTX570 for me

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 06:29:36 »

??

Nawh dawg..

You can get away with that no problem @ 1080p..   your GPU usage should be around 85-95 % but below 100% @ 1080p

Disable post-processing,  it just makes everything blurry anyway.

--  it adds (nothing useful)

---- motion blur (some people like it)

---- depth of field (blurs the background, while leaving the foreground sharp)

also turn off the anti-aliasing, since it's temporal antialiasing, it just adds blur..

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 06:35:40 »

??

Nawh dawg..

You can get away with that no problem @ 1080p..   your GPU usage should be around 85-95 % but below 100% @ 1080p

Disable post-processing,  it just makes everything blurry anyway.

--  it adds (nothing useful)

---- motion blur (some people like it)

---- depth of field (blurs the background, while leaving the foreground sharp)

also turn off the anti-aliasing, since it's temporal antialiasing, it just adds blur..
hmm okay thanks I'll give those a try

I tend to go to extremes just to get a rock solid 60fps

Offline logomachy

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 06:42:09 »

Hahaha..

Show Image

tp, I need ergo hitbox

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 06:50:36 »

Hahaha..

Show Image

tp, I need ergo hitbox

That's pretty easy actually, cuz it's only 5 wires that's needed to split the left 4 directional buttons.

You can solder that by hand.. and you don't need an encoder for 4 buttons..

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 09:12:15 »
Big fan of SF4 and competent (around 10k points with Decapre) and Im not a fan of SF5. Dont like the fact they took the human element out of the game and replaced it with footsies and neutral :/

Got my stick in shape at least, silent Sanwa JLF and GamerFinger buttons with Mx Red <3

|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 12:54:59 »
Big fan of SF4 and competent (around 10k points with Decapre) and Im not a fan of SF5. Dont like the fact they took the human element out of the game and replaced it with footsies and neutral :/

Got my stick in shape at least, silent Sanwa JLF and GamerFinger buttons with Mx Red <3
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

How you make silent ?   as in some sort of rubber mat ring ?

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 13:48:11 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

How you make silent ?   as in some sort of rubber mat ring ?

Pardon the Swenglish :)
Its different microswitches in the PCB
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||

Offline CoolGrayAJ

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 15:19:26 »
Silent JLFs are actually pretty sick. Makes a difference when your opponent is trying to listen to you buffer motions.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 15:51:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh wow, that thing is slick as ****.

Offline CoolGrayAJ

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 15:57:13 »
I don't think I've shared, but here's my weapon of choice.

HORI RAP4 Premium VLX KURO (all stock)

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 03:02:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

Stick OS riot shield, love that one
Wish that stick was practical.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 03:22:24 »

Show Image

Show Image

Rockin the same thing. Even my TE2 got no play time now.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 03:41:42 »
ill just leave this here, one of the greatest moments in esport history.

Offline filphil

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 03:51:05 »

Daigo still plays ryu and wong is back to chun li it seems for sf5

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 03:53:07 »

ryu can parry again too

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 11:46:33 »
I though about buying it, but  60€ ...
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline MassdropAlex

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 12:39:33 »

I know it's reddit, but this break down of that moment is a pretty good read: https://www.reddit.com/r/gametales/comments/1yuc4e/street_fighter_the_legendary_daigo_video_and_an/

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 13:50:31 »
Guys check out this thread, on how to disable  Specific Settings..

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/462cch/how_to_adjust_the_individual_postprocess_options/

This is my settings ..   it disables chromatic aberration / motion blur / and depth of field.. 

[PostProcessQuality@1]
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=3
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=400
r.BloomQuality=5
r.FastBlurThreshold=0
r.Upscale.Quality=3
r.TonemapperQuality=1
r.LightShaftQuality=1

You have to select Medium-post processing, if you're using my settings, as I changed the "medium" setting.

You can modify ANY of the setting to do ANYthing the other settings do..  I just happen to be using medium.

Offline CoolGrayAJ

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 15:39:20 »

Justin likes Chun, but she's not even close to his most-played character at the moment.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 17:29:20 »
god i hate geekhack.

now i want a fight stick and i dont even play SF.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 17:52:49 »
god i hate geekhack.

Hit Box ...  fightstick is the past,  hitbox is the future.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 20:45:02 »
I  have a friends which was one of the top swedish and europe players of sf4, remember him showing this for me, giving me almost the same explanation as the Reddit dude :)

Offline raymogi

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 20:51:47 »
god i hate geekhack.

Hit Box ...  fightstick is the past,  hitbox is the future.

Is it really that much better than stick? And is it easy to get used to it?

I've been looking at some videos and getting kinda interested.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 21:17:52 »
So, buy now and regret or wait eight months and get all DLC, four new characters, story mode, and backrub for $20 less?