Author Topic: Invyr 'Panda' Super Linear Switches (Shipped)  (Read 169013 times)

Offline Want

Re: Invyr 'Panda' Super Linear Switches (Now with PayPal)
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 16:45:41 »
While the idea of a smooth and more wobble free linear is definitely tempting, I have to say the manner in which updates and demonstrations have been given does not exactly inspire the greatest amount of confidence in me. I would personally prefer a lot more information as to what changes were made to the switch between the prototypes and the switches that have been sent to you. Alongside this perhaps a test of the sound and wobble of the switches while mounted on a plate, from a top down perspective would provide more useful information as to how much the wobble has been reduced from the original gateron switches that you compare them to.

My current mood about this group buy is excited but tentative, please set my mind at ease.

I agree completely. I'm all about the smooth linears, so this may be right up my alley, if only there is any truth in the promises.

I'll happily buy a bag of these switches, but I need to know what it is that I'm buying.

Offline NolaSwag

• 60%
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 11:22:12 »
Any updates?  :D
Orange60 | X60 | M60-A | Polaris

Offline tkpresent

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 15:39:23 »
Is this GB still opened?
I'd like to try this new linear switches if possible. ;D
- HHKB
- Varmilo VA68M
- Octagon V2
- TX 87
- ZZ96
- TX1800

Offline johntron25

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 15:44:02 »
Is this GB still opened?
I'd like to try this new linear switches if possible. ;D

It looks like it is. Looking at the site, it is still listed with the discounted price.

Offline zisb

• Aluminium, learn to spell it.
    • zisb.io
« Reply #154 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 00:54:55 »
Hey everyone I am still waiting on delivery. It has cleared customs however so it's alot closer now. Turns out 100kg of switches is a bit of a pain to ship around.

I'll get some more videos for you guys tonight. Sorry for leaving you in the dark.

I also kept it at the discounted price because of the few delays. So feel free to order, I had to order 50k in total so there are still heaps left over.

Sorry for being a slow responder. I'll try to fix this now, I care about my customers and I feel like I have been a ****ty GB host at the moment.

If your hesitatant about the GB that's completely the and understandable. I rarely buy into GBs myself. After the GB is finished and everything has been sent out you will still be able to get the switches, so if it makes you comfortable just hold off for now  :thumb:

Any other questions and I'll do my best to respond asap!

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #155 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 02:57:39 »
hmm I'm very intrigued by this given that I'm enjoying Cherry MX Black at the moment  :eek:

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 00:43:38 »
Hey everyone! Guess what finally arrived last night!  ;D

http://imgur.com/a/dU9fY

Glamor shots coming soontm.

In each box there is ~10 000 switches. I have 5 boxes... you do the maths.  :p

From here I will be sending out the switches  :thumb:

Offline Gajible

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 00:47:07 »

In each box there is ~10 000 switches. I have 5 boxes... you do the maths.  :p

Fkn HYPE

Offline gaiden

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 01:13:02 »

In each box there is ~10 000 switches. I have 5 boxes... you do the maths. 

Woot!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 11:03:02 »
Hot damn! When will the discount ends? And please tell me again these are less wobbly than MX, is it? Because it is my main concern regarding switches now. My MOD-M just arrived and it still wobbly while indeed they are less than Zealios/Gateron.

Offline dante

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 11:07:41 »
Hopefully some of these fall into chyros hands.  I would be very interested to hear what he thinks of them.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 11:58:23 »
I'm hoping someone can make a review on these! 67g linears sound nice.

Are there PCB mount switches readily available?

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 21:02:50 »
Hype!

Offline tobsn

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 08:36:28 »
btw. once you start sending them out, if you ship them to the EU, do us all a favor and undervalue the shipment... DO NOT write the full price + shipping as total on it or we'll end up paying full import taxes on it. In my case 23% VAT + 9% duty = 32% = insanity.

Thanks a ton!

Offline dante

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 08:40:51 »
So what's it like opening one of these switches?  Sloppy seconds?

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 19:05:19 »
Hot damn! When will the discount ends? And please tell me again these are less wobbly than MX, is it? Because it is my main concern regarding switches now. My MOD-M just arrived and it still wobbly while indeed they are less than Zealios/Gateron.

Hey man, may I ask what exactly it is you personally mean when you say wobble? Sorry I know this probably sounds like a stupid/very pedantic question but I'm just curious. I don't quite understand the issue that some people seem to have with wobble and stickering etc? From my limited understanding people either mean there is a wobble between the bottom and top of the housing, which is something I have never really seen or experienced myself even when trying to make switches wobble or twisting them in my hands (I've got cherry, gateron, zealios and mod switches in my collection currently). Or much more commonly a wobble created due to the slider not being completely snug within the housing which it is pretty much never going to be in an mx style switch. Even in this case I find the movement very minimal and I personally don't notice it unless I am purposely looking for it? Have I got the right idea here? I'm guessing it's just something I don't really notice/it doesn't bother me. Maybe some people are more sensitive to it or something? Would be interested to hear other people's thoughts on the subject too, thanks

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #166 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 19:14:52 »

Hey man, may I ask what exactly it is you personally mean when you say wobble? Sorry I know this probably sounds like a stupid/very pedantic question but I'm just curious. I don't quite understand the issue that some people seem to have with wobble and stickering etc? From my limited understanding people either mean there is a wobble between the bottom and top of the housing, which is something I have never really seen or experienced myself even when trying to make switches wobble or twisting them in my hands (I've got cherry, gateron, zealios and mod switches in my collection currently). Or much more commonly a wobble created due to the slider not being completely snug within the housing which it is pretty much never going to be in an mx style switch. Even in this case I find the movement very minimal and I personally don't notice it unless I am purposely looking for it? Have I got the right idea here? I'm guessing it's just something I don't really notice/it doesn't bother me. Maybe some people are more sensitive to it or something? Would be interested to hear other people's thoughts on the subject too, thanks

When talking about wobble, it's mostly talk about the stem moving around the housing. It honestly doesn't bother me as much as it does for some people
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 19:22:41 »

When talking about wobble, it's mostly talk about the stem moving around the housing. It honestly doesn't bother me as much as it does for some people

Yeh that's what I thought. To me it seems like such a tiny thing it surprises me it's brought up as much as it is that's all. I guess I'm just one of the 'lucky' people that doesn't notice and it doesn't bother haha. I mean a switch functions using moving mechanical parts, I'm not expecting the stem to be 100% completely tight against the housing, would probably feel scratchy as hell =S.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #168 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 19:54:47 »

Yeh that's what I thought. To me it seems like such a tiny thing it surprises me it's brought up as much as it is that's all. I guess I'm just one of the 'lucky' people that doesn't notice and it doesn't bother haha. I mean a switch functions using moving mechanical parts, I'm not expecting the stem to be 100% completely tight against the housing, would probably feel scratchy as hell =S.

I think that's also why Gaterons feel smoother than Cherry switches. There's a little more clearance between stems and housing and it cuts down on the scratchiness.

Offline Clemence

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 20:19:45 »
I used to not mind wobble until I replaced all the switches in my board with gatistotles. Now I can't go back, the lack of wobble just feels so nice.

Offline Jumie

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 20:51:10 »
Using low profile keycap like dsa isn't a big deal to wobble, but when it cones to SA profile, it makes you want to stop typing. Cherry profile falls between them, sone neglect the wobble, some can't tolerate it. Ymmv

« Reply #171 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 21:18:34 »

I think that's also why Gaterons feel smoother than Cherry switches. There's a little more clearance between stems and housing and it cuts down on the scratchiness.

Yeh I think you're right. I much prefer the smoothness personally.

I used to not mind wobble until I replaced all the switches in my board with gatistotles. Now I can't go back, the lack of wobble just feels so nice.

Interesting, I'm currently awaiting a delivery of Aristotle stems. Will have to see if I share your thoughts, I hope it doesn't ruin other switches for me =S.

Using low profile keycap like dsa isn't a big deal to wobble, but when it cones to SA profile, it makes you want to stop typing. Cherry profile falls between them, sone neglect the wobble, some can't tolerate it. Ymmv

Ah I see, I predominantly use DSA and cherry profile so that might explain things a bit. I'm awaiting my first SA keyset in March so maybe I'll notice it more then.

Thanks a lot to everyone for chipping in with their thoughts btw

Offline Gridean

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 22:55:16 »
How are we going for fulfilment on these? Any idea when they will start shipping?

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 01:56:12 »

Yeah I didn't notice them too until I use HHKB which is effin stable and I can't get rid of it how memorable that firm downslide of unwobbly keys  :confused:

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #174 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 03:19:52 »
;D UPDATE TIME ;D

Since getting everything in I have begun work on packing everything into packs of 110. I will be sending out 27's bathtub of switches soon aswell. He will be proxying for Canadian orders. My US & EU proxies will also be receiving theirs soon. If you are anywhere in Australia, you will probably get it earlier for what feels to be the first time.

I am also in the middle of moving houses, so this means that I need to move 100kg of pandas to my new "business" area (I will give photos <3).

Photos & Videos are rendering at the moment and will take like a day to upload (No joke, this is Australia).

Uhhh yeah I think that's about it. Ill get around to more specific questions once I'm done with the videos.

Offline Jumie

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 04:31:47 »
;D UPDATE TIME ;D

Since getting everything in I have begun work on packing everything into packs of 110. I will be sending out 27's bathtub of switches soon aswell. He will be proxying for Canadian orders. My US & EU proxies will also be receiving theirs soon. If you are anywhere in Australia, you will probably get it earlier for what feels to be the first time.

I am also in the middle of moving houses, so this means that I need to move 100kg of pandas to my new "business" area (I will give photos <3).

Photos & Videos are rendering at the moment and will take like a day to upload (No joke, this is Australia).

Uhhh yeah I think that's about it. Ill get around to more specific questions once I'm done with the videos.

I am in south east asia, hope to receive it early. also will u declare it under value like $20?

Offline LDobler

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 07:58:06 »
Pm'd about my order @Zisb   :)

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #177 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 12:31:33 »
Bought some but didn't receive a confirmation email?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline graefeln

« Reply #178 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 13:44:28 »

Did you check your spam folder? This is like the only keyboard related thing I have ever bought that went to my spam filter, but it was there...

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #179 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 13:54:25 »

Did you check your spam folder? This is like the only keyboard related thing I have ever bought that went to my spam filter, but it was there...
Yea it was in there, thanks! Weird it was flagged.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #180 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 15:11:12 »
Come to think of it, i also didn't get a confirmation when I ordered. I ordered a set a while back, paid directly with my card because back then paypal wasn't available.

Offline brizzzle

• ipee9932cd
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 18:13:18 »
Always nice to see new news. Can't wait to have my pandas!

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #182 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 21:42:04 »

My hot aluminum slots quiver in anticipation of these switches.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 22:02:17 »
Hello, I just checked my email.  I didn't get a confirmation of my order but i did take a a screenshot of my order details. my order#60 and i paid through strip.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 00:38:09 »
Hello, I just checked my email.  I didn't get a confirmation of my order but i did take a a screenshot of my order details. my order#60 and i paid through strip.
I found mine in the spam folder.

Offline Korseir

« Reply #185 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 07:51:27 »
#146 have some support sir

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #186 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 01:51:32 »
Any further final info? Just need one more push to press the paypal button :p

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 18:33:27 »
Show Image

No way, black tx-cp? Haha great minds think alike, what caps are you going for?

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #188 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 18:51:19 »
Show Image

Either OG WoB, Hydro or Sky Dolch, haven't decided yet

« Reply #189 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 20:21:34 »
Show Image

Are we the same person or something? I'm also between Hydro and Sky Dolch. I think leaning toward Sky Dolch though atm.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 January 2017, 20:23:57 by Captainbuttmonkey »

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #190 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 20:35:36 »
Show Image

Are we the same person or something? I'm also between Hydro and Sky Dolch. I think leaning toward Sky Dolch though atm.

« Reply #191 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 18:33:12 »
Show Image

Show Image

Get the **** out, I was thinking about posting this too, that's too much hahaha. Well all I can say is it sounds like you made some great choices =P

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 20:26:10 »
Hey everyone! I am moving house right now so I have been limited with communication. The goods are being sent to proxies right now. Aussies yours have been packed. You will receive an email when they have been shipped stating that the order has been complete.  :thumb:

Offline Jumie

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 23:37:59 »
Do you use proxies too for Us in south east asia?

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #194 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 00:14:54 »
Hey everyone! I am moving house right now so I have been limited with communication. The goods are being sent to proxies right now. Aussies yours have been packed. You will receive an email when they have been shipped stating that the order has been complete.  :thumb:

where the pics tho

Offline Harms

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 02:23:04 »
Hello

How heavy would these be compared to Gateron Yellows?

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #196 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 02:37:19 »
Hello

These should be heavier. Gateron yellows are 65g bottom out if I remember correctly

Offline Harms

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 03:38:12 »
Hello

These should be heavier. Gateron yellows are 65g bottom out if I remember correctly

These are 67g bottom out eh. Thanks a lot for the input by the way.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 13:00:34 »
is there any way to buy just a single switch without having to pay $15 for shipping?

Offline Harms

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 20:14:21 »
Are you outside of the US? Shipping always sucks for people outside of the US, which includes myself :(.

Also how long will this $70 for 110 switches last for. I'm waiting for a detailed review of the switches :D.