Author Topic: Bamboo Touchpad Hack - Request for Information  (Read 2475 times)

Offline spire

Bamboo Touchpad Hack - Request for Information
« on: Sat, 23 January 2010, 19:49:43 »
Hey, guys -

I've been a long-time reader of these forums but have only recently registered. Thanks, off the bat, for all the great tips and advice that I've already gleaned from this community, and in advance for any help you might be able to provide on the following issue:

My Bamboo touchpad has been designed by a fool. The buttons appear to have been misplaced, appearing on the left and right sides of the touchpad, completely breaking all existing standards for ergonomics and industrial design heuristics. Woe is me.

I'm looking for a hack/mod/3rd-party driver which would allow me to rotate the input 90-degrees, such that I could align the Bamboo on my desk with the buttons at the bottom, rather than only along the sides.

Anyone heard of anything similar that works on Wacom products in general that I might try? After some intense Googling I've all but given up on a specific fix for the Bamboo, but it does seem like Wacom has been hacked back and forth over the years -- I thought perhaps one of the vets here might recall something similar from the recent past.

Thanks, again, in advance for any and all suggestions/information.