Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 775094 times)

Offline Cerasis

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2600 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 09:01:05 »
Is it normal to have a premium kit without any tracking number or anything? Any other premium kits in the US not have any?

I believe the keysets aren't in possession of gb runners yet. I opted for my shipping to get split, which means my keyset/switches will get sent at a later date.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline RocketGruntJake

• Brb, gotta grow some flowers
« Reply #2601 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 09:09:57 »
Are other people with the aluminum bottoms in possession of a tracking number that has not moved? I see others have moved but mine is still not in the system at all which is now even more concerning.

Offline energyd

« Reply #2602 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 09:12:42 »
Got mine with alu bottom. The first thing I did was plug it in and see if the pcb works. But nothing happens - didn't hear the sound of a usb device being plugged in. No anything. Of course bootmapper says no deveice found. What am I doing wrong here? Tried to short the PCB with tweezers but nothing seems to happen either. Can anyone let me know how to properly short the Left Ctrl key? Now it just looks like no power is supplied to the pcb at all....
As long as it doesn't show "device not recognized", I am relieved. Send me a PM. I will guide you through.

PMed, thx

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2603 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 10:59:17 »
Got mine with alu bottom. The first thing I did was plug it in and see if the pcb works. But nothing happens - didn't hear the sound of a usb device being plugged in. No anything. Of course bootmapper says no deveice found. What am I doing wrong here? Tried to short the PCB with tweezers but nothing seems to happen either. Can anyone let me know how to properly short the Left Ctrl key? Now it just looks like no power is supplied to the pcb at all....

Nice to hear someone that received an alu bottom exent! My tracking is stuck since the 10 on « on route to FRANCE ».. and no other update, did you had the same issue with the tracking?

Mine was using SF Express. Tracking stays in HongKong for couple of days but once it gets out of HongKong it moves fast

Mine still says 'No Record Found' on both POS Malaysia and SF Express.   :-[

« Reply #2604 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 11:13:20 »

Nice to hear someone that received an alu bottom exent! My tracking is stuck since the 10 on « on route to FRANCE ».. and no other update, did you had the same issue with the tracking?

Mine was using SF Express. Tracking stays in HongKong for couple of days but once it gets out of HongKong it moves fast

Yeah that's where I've been for the last couple of weeks, I'm hoping it just shows up one day.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2605 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 12:15:20 »

I don't even have a tracking number so I guess you're still a step ahead  :confused:
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline mike873

« Reply #2606 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 19:05:51 »
I got my tracking number back in December, SF-Express is still listing it as an invalid way bill... and the GB runners aren't replying to my polite messages.

« Reply #2607 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 20:55:20 »
I got my tracking number back in December, SF-Express is still listing it as an invalid way bill... and the GB runners aren't replying to my polite messages.
Well that is disconcerting

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #2608 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 00:32:35 »
Built the board and no worky  :(
All the LEDs lit up correctly the first time I plugged the board into the computer so I went ahead and soldered it.

Here is the layout:

Bootmapper software doesn't see a keyboard at all.

Edit:
If I run BootMaper Client Ver 0.9.0 and select the Options tab and then "Firm Up(Select .hex File)" and push the "ps2avrGB_NKRO.hex" file then the LEDs will start working on the bottom.
Then if I go back to the Key Mapper tab and select "Download" then it tells me that every key is bad, and I can't upload a new layout.

Is there a specific controller I should have selected?
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 March 2018, 00:47:52 by danielucf »
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #2609 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 03:30:43 »
Still waiting for the tracking to move :(.. it is locked since 5 days on « in route to france ». But seeing all theses issue with pcb, I am now even more worried about the moment I wil have to build it ahah! First time I build a keyboard (except if my m65a cosmos arrive before). I already programmed a satan gh60 and it was super straightforward, so I hope it will be the same with the EXENT.

Offline energyd

« Reply #2610 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 08:47:57 »
All the LEDs lit up correctly the first time I plugged the board into the computer so I went ahead and soldered it.

Here is the layout:
Show Image

Edit:
If I run BootMaper Client Ver 0.9.0 and select the Options tab and then "Firm Up(Select .hex File)" and push the "ps2avrGB_NKRO.hex" file then the LEDs will start working on the bottom.
Then if I go back to the Key Mapper tab and select "Download" then it tells me that every key is bad, and I can't upload a new layout.

How do you get Bootmapper to see the board? My board is not recognized by the PC at all.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2611 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 13:14:10 »

Here is the layout:
Show Image

Edit:

How do you get Bootmapper to see the board? My board is not recognized by the PC at all.

Man, I'm sorry, I'm not a microcontroller guy, but I would suggest holding down L-CTRL, as that seems to be the default key to get you into bootmapper mode.  I really hoped for better support on this PCB.  Maybe the designer/Yuktsi can shed some light on how to get the PCBs functional?  Or then again, we might have to do this as a community?

Let us know of any progress and we'll do our best to help!

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2612 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 13:36:06 »

Here is the layout:
Show Image

Edit:

Man, I'm sorry, I'm not a microcontroller guy, but I would suggest holding down L-CTRL, as that seems to be the default key to get you into bootmapper mode.  I really hoped for better support on this PCB.  Maybe the designer/Yuktsi can shed some light on how to get the PCBs functional?  Or then again, we might have to do this as a community?

FYI:

https://github.com/catweewee/Exent-Bootmapper

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2613 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 14:29:39 »
Has anyone tried holtites with this board? If so where did you purchase them from? The day my shipment arrives I'm probably going to order some. This PCB seems way too finicky with solder and I'm quite the novice at assembling a keyboard.

Offline energyd

« Reply #2614 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 16:06:12 »

Here is the layout:
Show Image

Edit:

FYI:

Thanks guys. Previously I did this: "Short the LEFT CTRL on your PCB with a pair of tweezers/paperclip", but not working for me. I suspect it's the way I did it. While plugged in, I used tweezers to plug the two legs into the L-CTRL holes just as if it's a switch. Nothing happens. Then I used holtites to fix a switch into the L-CTRL (it's a loose fit for the holtites, but I made sure the leg touches the edge of the holes), holding the L-CTRL and plugged in. Again, nothing happened for me.

Pmed Yuktsi for help yesterday. Will report back if I resolved it.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #2615 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 00:29:53 »

Here is the layout:
Show Image

Edit:

Try checking the "toggle bootmapper" to map the keys, just hit upload when you are done.

Or you may load mine and upload
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zke3ar6fhgndk7k/keymap_gb_20170818211212.hex?dl=0
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline energyd

« Reply #2616 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 00:52:25 »

Here is the layout:
Show Image

Edit:

FYI:

Thanks guys. Previously I did this: "Short the LEFT CTRL on your PCB with a pair of tweezers/paperclip", but not working for me. I suspect it's the way I did it. While plugged in, I used tweezers to plug the two legs into the L-CTRL holes just as if it's a switch. Nothing happens. Then I used holtites to fix a switch into the L-CTRL (it's a loose fit for the holtites, but I made sure the leg touches the edge of the holes), holding the L-CTRL and plugged in. Again, nothing happened for me.

UPDATE: so I was able to get the board recognized thanks to yuktsi's advice. I have to short the backspace instead of L-Crtl. Then I firm up the "ps2avrGB_NKRO.hex" file. And went to Options and  changed the led number to 20, and then put it on. But only the bottom left three leds work.... What's going on here? 

Pic of my PCB having only three leds working: https://imgur.com/a/eDPBW

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #2617 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 01:01:28 »

Here is the layout:
Show Image

Edit:

FYI:

UPDATE: so I was able to get the board recognized thanks to yuktsi's advice. I have to short the backspace instead of L-Crtl. Then I firm up the "ps2avrGB_NKRO.hex" file. And went to Options and  changed the led number to 20, and then put it on. But only the bottom left three leds work.... What's going on here? 

My guess is the led under the E, the first dead one, is either not fully soldered or is bad.  Basing this on a discussion in the 910 thread, and my experience with a TX1800.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91498.msg2577423#msg2577423

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #2618 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 01:40:49 »

Here is the layout:
Show Image

Edit:

FYI:

There has been a connection issue with the factory assembled RGB LEDs. We didn't have your LEDs reflowed because you don't need it with the aluminum bottom, also not advised to turn them on.

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #2619 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 01:45:34 »
Here's why. Thank you  :-\

My collection

More

Offline wongie

« Reply #2620 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 03:37:40 »
There has been a connection issue with the factory assembled RGB LEDs. We didn't have your LEDs reflowed because you don't need it with the aluminum bottom, also not advised to turn them on.

What about people who ordered both aluminium and poly bottoms? Would they have have had their LEDs reflowed?

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #2621 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 03:59:59 »
Has anyone tried holtites with this board? If so where did you purchase them from? The day my shipment arrives I'm probably going to order some. This PCB seems way too finicky with solder and I'm quite the novice at assembling a keyboard.

I tried them, holes are too big and you'd need to solder them in, so at this point just solder the switches since it'll be easier than soldering holtites.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #2622 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 05:47:36 »

What about people who ordered both aluminium and poly bottoms? Would they have have had their LEDs reflowed?
Yeah, of course.

My collection

More

Offline wongie

« Reply #2623 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 06:25:45 »

Yeah, of course.

:thumb:

Offline energyd

« Reply #2624 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 09:16:29 »

Here is the layout:
Show Image

Edit:

FYI:

fair enough.. but I do actually hope one day I could buy a poly bottom from someone to try. How hard is it to reflow it myself? 

Offline energyd

« Reply #2625 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 09:33:24 »

I tried them, holes are too big and you'd need to solder them in, so at this point just solder the switches since it'll be easier than soldering holtites.

do you have to fill the hole with solder or you just have to make sure it's fixed in the hole (not moving)?

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #2626 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 10:43:38 »
As I posted above, I can not weld the keyboard at this time.
But I try to remap the keyboard and reflow the colorful LEDs fellowing the tutorial on GitHub. It's really easy to reflow LEDs. I still do not get the point of custom Macro and What's Dual Action?

Offline foxlive

« Reply #2627 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 05:02:30 »
AHHHHHHH! Just received it like 5min ago! It feel amazing, look perfect <3! The packaging was insane , impossible for it to get damage on transit. I will post unboxing and building pics this afternoon.

The wait was long, but in 30s holding it the only thing I can think of is « worth it ». Hang tight in there for those who are still waiting !

Offline foxlive

« Reply #2628 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 05:23:11 »
Here is the unboxing: https://imgur.com/gallery/FLDz0

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click

Offline PoisonHeadcrab

« Reply #2630 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 06:26:36 »
Quick question, as I'm still one of those waiting patiently: How do I know when it ships? Do I just get an email with the tracking number, or do I have to check PayPal manually?

Offline Koojahyung

• 안녕하세요.
« Reply #2631 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 06:44:33 »
yuktsi. please check mine (alu-bottom)
as I knew,it was already start to shipping in 1 march.(about 3weeks ago)
but there is no any moving yet.
there is any problem?? I'm worried because there is no response about this problem.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #2632 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 06:59:55 »
Here is the unboxing: https://imgur.com/gallery/FLDz0
Show Image

Show Image

I checked but it miss the little rubber pad. Not a big deal, I have some on my own, it is really cheap things.

Also good news, When I plugged the PCB all the led lights up so it seem my pcb is okay.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #2633 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 07:38:46 »
Small question, the polarity of inswitch led is not written anywhere on the pcb. I need help here :3

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #2634 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 08:05:03 »
Quick question, as I'm still one of those waiting patiently: How do I know when it ships? Do I just get an email with the tracking number, or do I have to check PayPal manually?

You're not the only one. I've yet to receive tracking as well and I don't even have a premium kit, just alu bottom.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #2635 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 09:34:03 »
An update:

I followed the directions on the page that MaNiFeX provided and have gotten a little more functionality but the following keys don't do anything when pressed:
=+, ]}, Right Shift, and Down Arrow

Is it possible that those keys comprise an entire section? The soldering looks pretty good for them, but I'll double check.

Part of my issue it seems was screws from Zeal stabilizers. I took them all off and keys that were either not working, or thought they were permanently pressed down stopped behaving that way. Any screw that looked like it touched something it shouldn't I put a little spacer so it wouldn't make contact. Obviously that wasn't effective.

I decided to take pictures of the soldering around the keys in question:

Down Arrow:

Left Shift:

]}:

=+:
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 March 2018, 09:46:57 by danielucf »

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #2636 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 10:16:21 »
An update:

I followed the directions on the page that MaNiFeX provided and have gotten a little more functionality but the following keys don't do anything when pressed:

Is it possible that those keys comprise an entire section? The soldering looks pretty good for them, but I'll double check.

Part of my issue it seems was screws from Zeal stabilizers. I took them all off and keys that were either not working, or thought they were permanently pressed down stopped behaving that way. Any screw that looked like it touched something it shouldn't I put a little spacer so it wouldn't make contact. Obviously that wasn't effective.

Down Arrow:
Show Image

Left Shift:
Show Image

]}:
Show Image

=+:
Show Image

It seems like the entire column is not functioning. Most likely the pin on the MCU is not properly soldered. Also, you could use a small rubber washer to avoid the screw from shorting the PCB.

Send me a PM, I will check with the designer of the PCB to identity the pin.

My collection

More

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #2637 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 10:19:35 »
Small question, the polarity of inswitch led is not written anywhere on the pcb. I need help here :3
Negative is the one that connects the ground, the pad that is not connected to any track. You could also tell by shorting a LED without soldering.

My collection

More

Offline foxlive

« Reply #2638 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 11:12:02 »
Negative is the one that connects the ground, the pad that is not connected to any track. You could also tell by shorting a LED without soldering.

Yeah I finally figure it myself. Just finish programming with bootmaper! Still have some issue with some inswitch led (not the caps lock scroll on and num lock) but some of the bottom row such as the three  controle on bottom left + two other on bottom row on the right. Do you have any idea? look like since i am using a split spacebar it did not light up the correct one.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #2639 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 11:34:11 »
It seems like the entire column is not functioning. Most likely the pin on the MCU is not properly soldered. Also, you could use a small rubber washer to avoid the screw from shorting the PCB.

Send me a PM, I will check with the designer of the PCB to identity the pin.

In the close up picture of the shift soldering I saw something weird looking so I cleaned it up a bit, and the other switches too and now everything is working!

Offline foxlive

« Reply #2640 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 11:56:23 »
An update:

Down Arrow:
Show Image

Left Shift:
Show Image

]}:
Show Image

=+:
Show Image

I just built using screw-in zeal stab and no issue with them.

Offline Zackfoo

« Reply #2641 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 12:57:37 »
Insane anodizing quality.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline foxlive

« Reply #2642 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 13:12:49 »
Insane anodizing quality.
Show Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agreed ! My dark gray is amazing!

Offline energyd

« Reply #2643 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 00:51:39 »
An update:

Down Arrow:
Show Image

Left Shift:
Show Image

]}:
Show Image

=+:
Show Image

Unfortunately I have a similar issue. Some keys don't register. For me it's the whole row starting from the L-SHIFT to the UP-ARROW (so that the whole row except the key to the right of UP-ARROW). I also use zeal stab but don't think that's the problem.

Think I got a bad PCB. @Yuktsi, do you have any idea?

Offline baphotmet

« Reply #2644 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 01:41:41 »
An update:

Down Arrow:
Show Image

Left Shift:
Show Image

]}:
Show Image

=+:
Show Image

Unfortunately I have a similar issue. Some keys don't register. For me it's the whole row starting from the L-SHIFT to the UP-ARROW (so that the whole row except the key to the right of UP-ARROW). I also use zeal stab but don't think that's the problem.

Since you mentioned using zeal stab, I think you have already soldering the switches.
Didn't you test the PCB before soldering?

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #2645 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 01:52:35 »
An update:

Down Arrow:
Show Image

Left Shift:
Show Image

]}:
Show Image

=+:
Show Image

Since you mentioned using zeal stab, I think you have already soldering the switches.
No, who does that? In all my years I have never had a bad PCB

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline energyd

« Reply #2646 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 08:53:28 »
An update:

Down Arrow:
Show Image

Left Shift:
Show Image

]}:
Show Image

=+:
Show Image

I used hostites and haven't soldered yet. but every other key works except that row.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline tialdo

« Reply #2647 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 09:13:09 »
Still checking this thread everyday and waiting for my Exent. :(

Offline foxlive

« Reply #2648 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 09:16:15 »
My build is finished! 100% okay. I had to reverse the polarity of 6 in switch led on the bottom row (be careful if you solder inswitch led, they are all in one polarity orientation except on the bottom row depending on your layout ! So check before for bottom row). I also had to move the three resistor on caps/num/scroll lock to change the behaviour of the led to just light up with the other one instead of being asignated to the "lock" function.

I will post some nice pics later today I think :D

Offline Dylan

« Reply #2649 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 10:40:05 »
Is it normal to have a premium kit without any tracking number or anything? Any other premium kits in the US not have any?

I believe the keysets aren't in possession of gb runners yet. I opted for my shipping to get split, which means my keyset/switches will get sent at a later date.
How can I opt into this haha? At this point I rather have the board and wait on the keys