Author Topic: Kinesis Freestyle Edge - mechanical Freestyle on kickstarter  (Read 1601 times)

Online dantan

Re: Kinesis Freestyle Edge - mechanical Freestyle on kickstarter
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 02:23:13 »

Honestly, cutting those left-side keys out would turn the board into more a half measure than anything.  Those are specifically desired.  Look at the interest in the VE.A.  If those get trimmed, the board loses appeal.  Added tenting angles?  Might appear to a very few but nothing beyond that.

The board is already 100%.

Which is why i never said to cut them out.. Put them somewhere else..

Left side keys are really useful to many keyboards. Maybe put them flush with other keys to reduce the distant the center keys are from the table?

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 12:12:05 »

Honestly, cutting those left-side keys out would turn the board into more a half measure than anything.  Those are specifically desired.  Look at the interest in the VE.A.  If those get trimmed, the board loses appeal.  Added tenting angles?  Might appear to a very few but nothing beyond that.

Left side keys are really useful to many keyboards. Maybe put them flush with other keys to reduce the distant the center keys are from the table?

top, inner edge, or bottom ,  all fine..

Just not the outside edge.

Offline possumgumbo

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 16:21:26 »

[/quote]

top, inner edge, or bottom ,  all fine..

Just not the outside edge.
[/quote]

I actually really like them where they are. I have the bluetooth version of this board in rubberdome, and they are actually a great location for programmable keys.

Online Niomosy

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 23:59:16 »

The left side is perfect for them.  When gaming, I'd only have my left hand on the keyboard anyway.  In such a case, I'd want those extra keys specifically left-hand accessible and easily so.  Above the F-row puts them out of quick gaming reach.  The left side is the most realistic spot for them unless you're going to disconnect them and put them off as a separate macro pad - which isn't necessarily a bad idea either but not something done here.