Author Topic: Holtite sockets (2017.03.21: Closed)  (Read 22028 times)

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
Holtite sockets (2017.03.21: Closed)
« on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 09:19:48 »
The group buy is closed, long live the group buy. You people appear to have had some socket-shaped holes in your lives.

Final numbers:

88 participants are purchasing a total of 24000 switch sockets.
62 participants are purchasing a total of 15400 LED sockets.

Next up, data wrangling, invoicing and aquatic bird arrangment. I'll start work on this tonight. This will likely be a little slow as I've never mass-invoiced before and need to figure out a sensible workflow.

You will get a transaction number with your invoice that is distinct from the Paypal invoice number. This number will identify a row in a (not yet extant) Google spreadsheet. That will be the place to look for status and such about particular orders. This is where to look for general updates, but you already knew that.

Thanks so much to all you lovely folks. So far, so very smooth.

This is the Holtite socket group buy.

Go here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScp3tmDekJvYTP9vgHUs3xo88pcXo54UNRtVAW0RYtYF_sr0g/viewform?c=0&w=1

The IC thread, which of course contains much good discussion, lives here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87127.0

What:

Holtite sockets. Stick them in your PCB holes, hot-swap your switches, no soldering. There are also sockets for LEDs.

Of course, nothing is quite that simple. They don't work on all boards, or all positions on boards, because the sockets are a consistent size, and through-holes on PCBs aren't. The good folks at r/mk have worked on a compatibility list that may provide some assistance: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K1qt70E2mcuaHBXYrpPHXlpl7FNaXLo0u_TOe67cVdY/pubhtml?gid=986897710&single=true . As a vast oversimplification, the seem to work better in Korean boards. There is more discussion in the IC thread, linked above.

When

Now.

Who

I'm running this. This is my first GB here. I'm also a bit new-ish to the community, less than a year with this obsession. I like to think I've been a good neighbor, but have no problem at all with folks having trust issues. I'm not running this for a profit; all accounting will be public to the extent that that's reasonable. This is simple enough I can't imagine how it would, but if anything goes massively pear-shaped with this, I'm financially stable enough to fix any problems that arrise, and will ensure everyone who takes part ends the GB whole. In the past, I've spent over a decade either running a company or working for myself, so I feel fine about the logistics, comms, accounting, etc.

What, part II

This is a buy for two types of sockets, 8134-HC-8P2 for switches, 8134-HC-5P2
 for LEDs. For simplicity, we'll have these packaged in lots of 100. Based on IC responses, people want the gold kind, so we're going with that to keep the volume discount as high as possible.

NOTE: This is an addition since this was posted.
If you order a quantity in multiples of something not 100 I will round up to the nearest hundred. (So if you order 347, I will round that to 400. If you order 12, I'll round it to 100.) That way you get what you need, and I don't go crazy.

162836-0
162837-1

Cost is based on total volume; if everyone from the IC purchases the switch sockets (8134-HC-8P2), the cost will be 19 cents each. For the LED sockets (8134-HC-5P2), they will be 13.1 cents each.

To be clear, this pricing is not guaranteed. This assumes we hit IC numbers.

You need two for each switch/LED. If you're not a superstar at dealing with tiny, fiddly things, I recommend planning to lose/ruin a few. (As anecdata, I'm not a superstar, and in the process of fiddling with these on four boards now, I've lost probably 15 and ruined another 5-6. Tip: put cloth over your hard work surface; if dropped on finished wood or similar, they skitter like a very skittery thing indeed, and hide in carpet exceptionally well.)

There's an installation video here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/5a399o/guide_how_to_make_your_pcb_hotswappable/ . My experience with the hot-iron thing was that it didn't seem to make a difference until I tried it with the iron cold, at which point I realized it did.

I want to emphasize again that they are not magic. Hole-size variation and overlapping holes lead to less than perfect results. On boards with lots of layout options on the bottom row, you will have problems and likely end up soldering some switches in, simply because the through-holes are squished or don't have enough surrounding material to properly seat the socket. Depending on the hole, the latter problem can sometimes be overcome by soldering the socket in. That depends entirely on the hole and your skill at that sort of thing.

Another thing to keep in mind is if you want to socket support for alternate layouts as well, you need more sockets. That sounds stupidly obvious, but I was stupid enough to not take that into account in my first attempt.

When, part II

This will close in a week, at 11:59pm PDT 2017.03.20. The order will then be made.

There is some uncertainty on when the full order will be shipped; if nobody beats us to stock on-hand, a partial shipment will be shipped immediately, with the rest coming from upstream. They won't commit to timing for that, so I won't either. They publish a lead-time of 10 weeks, but verbally indicated more like two is typical.

I will ship as soon as is reasonable after I get them. I'll give all participants a number, which will be on a Google spreadsheet with order info and status. I'll update here with any meaningful movement, changes, or when long, annoying philosophical screeds spring to mind.

Shipping will be tracked. I'm collecting $5 for US tracked shipping, which includes a bit against packing materials. Any leftover funds will be donated to Geekhack. Additionally, I will add Paypal fees.

I'll at least post weekly musings, or real status updates if I have it, in this thread until we're done.

So there we are.

Questions asked via PM, answered here for reference:

Q: Can the sockets be removed and reused?

A. First, I'm no expert. This is newish to me, too. It depends, but with the switch sockets, you can generally remove them. On some PCBs, the holes are big enough that these are loose, and won't work unless soldered. If you solder them, then of course they're harder to remove.

As far as reusing them, it is possible. They are a little delicate, so I'd expect some to end up ruined if you do that. I've ruined a few just installing them.

The LED sockets are more fragile; I think the same applies, only more so.

Q: How much per hundred?

A: If we hit 20K pieces for switches, which the IC suggests we will, they will be $19 per hundred for switches. The LEDs sockets will most likely be $13.10 per hundred for LEDs.

Q: What about international shipping?

A: Working on getting a firm price. I suspect tracked international shipping will make the pricing less attractive unless you're ordering a ton of these.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 March 2017, 09:20:54 by jal »

Offline jal

Re: Holtite sockets
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 10:09:40 »
Reserved

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 10:06:04 »
Are shipping and PayPal fees included in that price or are they extra?

Offline jal

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 10:09:20 »

As in the post, US Shipping is $5, which also covers packing materials, with any leftover going to GH. Good catch on the PP fees - that was on my list but I failed to mention it. I will bill for Paypal fees.

Again, this is in the post, but to emphasize, I am not making anything on this, just passing through what it costs.

Offline krisst

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 10:11:19 »
What about international shipping

Offline jal

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 10:14:27 »

Knew that was coming. I will try to get a firm figure on tracked shipping, but suspect the cost starts looking less appealing. Shipping internationally untracked makes me nervous.

Offline krisst

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 10:19:16 »

Knew that was coming. I will try to get a firm figure on tracked shipping, but suspect the cost starts looking less appealing. Shipping internationally untracked makes me nervous.

Yup, understandable. Few weeks back had someone send me a 2 keycaps. With tracking, registered mail cost about 13USD for me. Guess will have to depend on how much someone is ordering.

I will go ahead and place my order too. Shipping cost can't be that bad. XD

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 10:34:36 »
Im in :D

Gonna use these on my zeal 60 when it shows up.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 10:42:58 »
Have you get a chance to test these with duck viper/eagle v2 pcb? Please let me know
Thanks

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 11:07:07 »
Entered!

Hopefully this all goes smoothly. Best pricing on sockets I've seen by a long shot
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 11:10:57 »
This is awesome! Congrats on getting out on your maiden GB, jal!  :thumb:

Offline jal

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 11:30:54 »
This is awesome! Congrats on getting out on your maiden GB, jal!  :thumb:

Thanks so much! Now the fun starts.

Offline krisst

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 11:36:35 »
Have you get a chance to test these with duck viper/eagle v2 pcb? Please let me know
Thanks

Below is the link to what have been confirm to work with holtites. Don't remember who made it. Kudos to creator.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K1qt70E2mcuaHBXYrpPHXlpl7FNaXLo0u_TOe67cVdY/pubhtml?gid=986897710&single=true

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 11:53:34 »
Just wondering will these compatible with that erected Invyr Panda legs?

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 12:32:51 »

As in the post, US Shipping is $5, which also covers packing materials, with any leftover going to GH. Good catch on the PP fees - that was on my list but I failed to mention it. I will bill for Paypal fees.

Again, this is in the post, but to emphasize, I am not making anything on this, just passing through what it costs.

My bad. I should have read the whole thing more closely. I was looking for it in the section where you discussed the pricing of the sockets and only skimmed the "when" section.  :D

On another note, now that I've read the whole post, on the unlikely chance that we don't hit the MOQ for the lowest pricing tier will we be able to adjust the order? I know that would kind of create chaos as I'm sure it would further lower our quantities, but I think everyone is probably like me and basing their quantity somewhat on the pricing that we're assuming we will hit.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 12:45:09 »
Cool, i'm in. Thanks for organizing this.
-Dana

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 13:57:31 »
Cool cool cool! Thanks for heading this up!

Offline jal

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 20:43:45 »
On another note, now that I've read the whole post, on the unlikely chance that we don't hit the MOQ for the lowest pricing tier will we be able to adjust the order? I know that would kind of create chaos as I'm sure it would further lower our quantities, but I think everyone is probably like me and basing their quantity somewhat on the pricing that we're assuming we will hit.

I believe this will not be a problem, but in the event that this (or one of a couple other unlikely failure modes) comes to pass, I have a plan to allow folks to reassess that I *think* won't be stuffed with awful and garnished with pain. You never know until you try, but I think we won't have to.

First day count for the switch sockets, not including an expected large order or the order for 130 (see below), is 6200.
LED socket count is 4600, not counting the submission for 260.

So far one person has submitted 130/260 as their desired quantities for switch/LED sockets. That doesn't work. I'll contact that person, but the sockets will come bagged in lots of 100 and that is how I'll ship 'em out. The reason for that is I don't want to invest in a counting scale for this exercise, and I also don't want to hand-count, because that would be a long, miserable bus ride to Crazytown. If folks would like to further subdivide, I'd suggest coordinating that amongst yourselves in this thread.

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 09:05:42 »
Finally! I'm in  ;D

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 09:16:21 »

I believe this will not be a problem, but in the event that this (or one of a couple other unlikely failure modes) comes to pass, I have a plan to allow folks to reassess that I *think* won't be stuffed with awful and garnished with pain. You never know until you try, but I think we won't have to.

First day count for the switch sockets, not including an expected large order or the order for 130 (see below), is 6200.

So far one person has submitted 130/260 as their desired quantities for switch/LED sockets. That doesn't work. I'll contact that person, but the sockets will come bagged in lots of 100 and that is how I'll ship 'em out. The reason for that is I don't want to invest in a counting scale for this exercise, and I also don't want to hand-count, because that would be a long, miserable bus ride to Crazytown. If folks would like to further subdivide, I'd suggest coordinating that amongst yourselves in this thread.

So about 1/3 of the way there for sockets and 1/4 for LEDs after one day. That sounds promising for getting there by the end date.

Definitely adhere with you regarding quantities. No one should expect you to be counting these out.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 16:24:08 »

Having previously purchased some of these before this gb, the thought of actually counting out anywhere near the number you are expecting makes me physically shudder haha

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 06:10:05 »
Submitted for 400 each. Need these sockets so bad!  ;D

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 12:00:52 »
I posted this on the Mech-27 GB reposting here hoping to get some information if anyone is familiar or has the PCB being used knows the answer:

Here's the PCB:
TGR-A87 PCB with RGB underlight. (Uses the Winkeyless Bootmapper)

Been wanting to do this to a keyboard for awhile but had trouble getting the parts, now with this GB up I finally see the opportunity to, but was curious if anyone knew if it would work with this PCB?

I didn't see it in the list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K1qt70E2mcuaHBXYrpPHXlpl7FNaXLo0u_TOe67cVdY/pubhtml?gid=986897710&single=true

I assumed it would be made by yuktsi since it's "TGR" but when googling the only thing I found was some post saying it's made by GON, and then the mapper is winkeyless so I'm not sure who would be best to contact and find out if it would work.

Thanks for any help!

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 22:19:12 »
How are things looking? Are we still going to be closing the GB tomorrow night or will we have to stretch it out a little to get more people?

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 04:01:25 »
Sorry, haven't had my morning coffee, but 19c is for one or two switch holtites? That means 19c or 38c for 1 switch?

Thanks for organising the GB, appreciate it. Have you already found a decent international shipping price? Tracked would obviously be an advantage, but if the price doesn't justify the expenses, I'm also in for untracked shipping.

Offline krisst

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 05:14:26 »
Sorry, haven't had my morning coffee, but 19c is for one or two switch holtites? That means 19c or 38c for 1 switch?

If it hits the 20k holtites order price point, 19 cents is for 1 holtite. Each switches need 2 of them, so 38 cents worth of holtite for each switch.

Offline theillumedpanda

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 05:18:06 »

If it hits the 20k holtites order price point, 19 cents is for 1 holtite. Each switches need 2 of them, so 38 cents worth of holtite for each switch.
Alright, then the price is really, really good. I'm in for a few! Thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: I'm in for 400.

Edit 2: Forgot that I'm also part of another switch holtites GB. Might join yours depending on the number of holtites I purchased.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 March 2017, 05:31:33 by theillumedpanda »

Offline jal

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 10:41:53 »
Quick update.

We are supposed to close tonight. The big order actually has yet to materialize. I'm going to reach out to that person again, but even without them, we are at 18,900 for the switch sockets and 11,100 for the LEDs. Assuming no massive dropout at the payment step, I will pick up any slack on switch sockets, so we will hit MOQ.

I need to respond to several people; apologies for being slow. A expodey work event ate my weekend, and will eat business-hours today as well. I'll get back to you as soon as as I can, and my delays won't impact your ability to get these/in on these/that sort of thing.

Thanks to everyone's general sanity, this has gone not horribly so far! Thank you. More updatery tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 March 2017, 11:21:28 by jal »

Offline stillzman

Re: Holtite sockets (2017.03.21: Closed)
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 11:01:53 »
damn i completely forgot this ended yesterday, is there any possible way to still get one more order in?

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 12:33:49 »
Quick update.

We are supposed to close tonight. The big order actually has yet to materialize. I'm going to reach out to that person again, but even without them, we are at 18,900 for the switch sockets and 11,100 for the LEDs. Assuming no massive dropout at the payment step, I will pick up any slack on switch sockets, so we will hit MOQ.

I need to respond to several people; apologies for being slow. A expodey work event ate my weekend, and will eat business-hours today as well. I'll get back to you as soon as as I can, and my delays won't impact your ability to get these/in on these/that sort of thing.

Thanks to everyone's general sanity, this has gone not horribly so far! Thank you. More updatery tomorrow.

So with the # of LED socket orders placed where does that leave us on price?

Offline Dvoraknolegends

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 00:09:16 »
Hi, I submitted but haven't heard any news at all...did I miss the boat?

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 08:30:15 »
I submitted also and also have not heard anything or been charged. i submitted within the deadline. am i just being impatient? little feedback please. thanks.
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline jal

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 08:58:04 »
I submitted also and also have not heard anything or been charged. i submitted within the deadline. am i just being impatient? little feedback please. thanks.

It closed yesterday[1]. I will be working on invoicing. Read the updated original post for details.

[1] I fell asleep before midnight on Monday.

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 09:55:07 »
thanks. i really appreciate what you're doing here. can't wait to get them
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline Liam

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 20:25:28 »
Did you send out all invoices? I don't receive anything here.
IBM Model M - Leopold 750r - Custom Numpad

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 21:50:49 »

I don't think anyone has gotten their invoice yet. I'm sure he is working on it. Patience...

Offline Tally810

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 21:55:17 »
I posted this on the Mech-27 GB reposting here hoping to get some information if anyone is familiar or has the PCB being used knows the answer:

Here's the PCB:

Been wanting to do this to a keyboard for awhile but had trouble getting the parts, now with this GB up I finally see the opportunity to, but was curious if anyone knew if it would work with this PCB?

I assumed it would be made by yuktsi since it's "TGR" but when googling the only thing I found was some post saying it's made by GON, and then the mapper is winkeyless so I'm not sure who would be best to contact and find out if it would work.

Thanks for any help!
Hey bud I actually have the pcb in front of me and quadcube actually makes it.  You can pm me if ya want to know anything

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 05:39:09 »

Here's the PCB:

Thanks for any help!
Hey bud I actually have the pcb in front of me and quadcube actually makes it.  You can pm me if ya want to know anything

Thanks, I ordered the things but never got invoiced so I guess it doesn't matter anyway :/if you ordered some to use on that PCB and they work out if you could let me know it'd be appreciated so I can check out future GBS for this

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline jal

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 08:04:22 »

Nope. You're not missing anything. I'll post here when they go out.

Please be patient. This is not my day job.

Offline krisst

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 09:31:35 »

jal, Thank you for doing this.

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 11:59:21 »

Oh good so I didn't miss out hopefully!

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 12:07:08 »

Take your time, sir. Thank for opening this GB!  :thumb:

Offline jal

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 10:22:02 »
Quick update: Look for invoices this weekend. It has been a  bit of an explodey week; unless something explodes again tonight, this is what I'll be doing with my Friday night. If it does, then I'll have something to do at the laundromat on Saturday.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 11:38:27 »
Grr, was going to join but a trip + catching a cold made me slow to check on the GB.  Hope there's a round 2 in not-too-distant future!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 12:59:23 »
that is the amazing thing about the laundromat, the guy next to you could be ordering all your holtites and you wouldn't even know it.
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 17:36:21 »
Hi
I've email you about some changes of my order
Thanks

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 19:32:56 »
Still working on invoices correct? Haven't received mine yet so just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it or anything.

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 02:19:25 »
Still working on invoices correct? Haven't received mine yet so just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it or anything.

Same here! Probably he's still working on it.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 14:16:14 »
He just said "probably friday". It's right above your question!

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 00:22:32 »
He just said "probably friday". It's right above your question!

It's last Friday, isn't it? It's almost one week.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 00:39:34 »
This friday, otherwise he could have said today not friday

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 12:10:51 »
This friday, otherwise he could have said today not friday

I'm not in a rush for this so Jal can take as much time as he needs. I appreciate him running the GB and this isn't a complaint by any means.

He did mean last friday though as he said "look for invoices this weekend". My guess is life got in the way and he will work on them as soon as he gets the chance. If anyone needs them right away, there are stores that have these in stock if you need to finish a project....

Offline Liam

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 11:10:36 »
Is this still happening? It's been a week or so.

Offline DuFF

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 04:33:56 »
Is this still happening? It's been a week or so.

would appreciate an update too.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 15:51:09 »
its been 2 weeks i think hes kinda busy with his school work, still waiting for invoiceto send out :'(

Offline Liam

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 01:28:00 »
its been 2 weeks i think hes kinda busy with his school work, still waiting for invoiceto send out :'(
I think the GB is dead  :(

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 05:58:46 »
Might be... And this was the second attempt...

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 06:58:21 »
Yeah the more time that passes, the greater the number of people who won't pay the invoice when/if it comes. Even if they go out this weekend there might be enough people that have lost confidence or changed their mind that we don't hit the quantity numbers needed for the pricing.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 April 2017, 12:02:30 by ChitownM2 »

Offline theillumedpanda

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 10:42:07 »
I just don't really understand that kind of attitude from GB runners. I won't deny one obvious thing: yes, there will be unpredictable events in life and I'm aware of the fact that these things can happen at any given time. But why doesn't OP show a sign of life, be it a simple message: Sorry, I underestimated x, I'm so utterly busy with school/work whatever and so on. Just nothing isn't much. Even if OP showed up, I wouldn't want to be part of that GB anymore.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 11:15:26 »
Do you guy know where to buy pcb and led sip sockets? I need some for my build

Offline Tally810

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 11:24:16 »
Where are u located? Conus?

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 18:27:44 »
Where are u located? Conus?

Washington, US

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 08:25:02 »
Might be... And this was the second attempt...

it's sad :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 19:05:33 »
holtites! holtites! holtites!
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline krisst

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 22:18:27 »
Wonder what happened to OP. Still thankful that he is willing to help everyone with this GB. As mention before, he is doing this with no profit. Which also means that there is no monetary motivation. He should be able to choose to spend his time on more productive stuff.

That said, I do wish that OP can give us an update if we are still going to continue with this GB. There might be other people who would like to pick up this responsibility instead of leaving everyone hanging.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 22:57:39 »
Wonder what happened to OP. Still thankful that he is willing to help everyone with this GB. As mention before, he is doing this with no profit. Which also means that there is no monetary motivation. He should be able to choose to spend his time on more productive stuff.

That said, I do wish that OP can give us an update if we are still going to continue with this GB. There might be other people who would like to pick up this responsibility instead of leaving everyone hanging.
Its DEAD

Offline akaatnene

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 19:31:50 »

I just purchased some switch sockets from Mehkee - https://mehkee.com/. The Winkeyless store - http://winkeyless.kr/ has them as well, or you could buy them directly from Digikey. I went with Mehkee as they offered the cheapest shipping, and I could pick up a few switches as well.

Offline mypainishurt

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 01:20:32 »
Hmm... if this group buy is still alive, I'd want to buy some holtites!

Specifically 200 switches and 100 LED's.

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 01:26:51 »
As mentioned earlier, this buy is dead.
There is no such thing as "too much orange."