Author Topic: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2  (Read 138485 times)

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
Re: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #550 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:59:16 »
*New*
Half-Life Lambda kit
As you can see i got permission from Valve to offer once a year their Half-Life Lambda in Carbon Keyset. Keep in mind only once a year. In that case i will offer Half-Life lambda only during Carbon drop.
Kudos to Valve Corporation and especially to Gabe Newell and Liam Lavery who gave me the permission to offer you Half-Life Lambda keys!
Show Image

I WASN'T KIDDING AROUND!

Show Image

I'm SO GLAD this worked out, this kit is a must buy, T0mb3ry ur the man now dog, R.I.P. wallet, etc. etc.

Thanks for the courageous move before. After you got in touch with Mr. Newell, i tried it too and as you can see it worked ;)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #551 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 17:09:11 »
> Says to stop making suggestions
> People still make suggestions

Well, there are 12 pages...  I've read his previous comments too late, my bad.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 May 2017, 17:11:30 by KaosJ »

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #552 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 18:30:21 »
No Spanish support this round? That sucks :(

If only someone would sell me the Spanish keycaps from the first round...

Offline LukStarkiller

« Reply #553 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 18:47:23 »
Hello! I just registered to make you know I'm very exited for this!
One question, in R1, in the international kit, you said you supported UK, DE, FR, NO, DK, SE, IT and FI.
First, I wanted to know if it will still be available to purchase, and second, I wanted to let you know that with only one extra key, there's full compatibility for Spanish. Adding a 3ˇ key to the number row makes the kit have all Spanish specific keys.

Thank you!

Hello and welcome to geekhack!

Honestly i dont know if i will support south european languages. The thing is the scene in europe is pretty small and most of them switched anyway to us ansi (like me). I will definitely support norde this time but about south europe i dont know. If you got 25 people who want to participate on this drop, then i can develop a south eu kit for you. Keep in mind even norde kit has struggle to reach its moq.

I'd be in for that EU West kit :thumb:

What a pity to see this so late. For my part I wanted this too, I didn't arrived to buy the first round and the only thing I missed of it was the extra Spanish key.

I have used US ANSI but I work with several computers that are not mine and in the end I prefer to have them all the same with the keyboard in Spanish because I ended up going crazy writing wrong things because of being accustomed to my keyboard.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 May 2017, 19:14:29 by LukStarkiller »

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #554 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 18:48:03 »
T0mb3ry it is possible to have an extra 1.75 L-SHIFT or Noveltie in the TKL  Modifiers set? 

There are tons of 75% Keyboards around recently due the previous GBs (an example, KBD75) and a 75%  needs basically a TKL kit plus one single 1.75u L-Shift 
I highly doubt all these people will buy an extra kit for just one extra key (me included), will this be possible? 

Also same logic for all the 96-keyboards around, you will always need an extra kit ONLY for the 1.75u SHIFT.  Can you please do something about it?    :(

But for 75% you'd need additional keys, like the proper-row PgUp/PgDown/Delete/End (whatever your board uses on the far right) and 1.5u and/or 1u bottom row keys and such, so you'd be using more than one key from the extension kit. 

Offline Juk

« Reply #555 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 18:50:49 »
One question, in R1, in the international kit, you said you supported UK, DE, FR, NO, DK, SE, IT and FI.
First, I wanted to know if it will still be available to purchase, and second, I wanted to let you know that with only one extra key, there's full compatibility for Spanish. Adding a 3ˇ key to the number row makes the kit have all Spanish specific keys.

Thank you!

Honestly i dont know if i will support south european languages. The thing is the scene in europe is pretty small and most of them switched anyway to us ansi (like me). I will definitely support norde this time but about south europe i dont know. If you got 25 people who want to participate on this drop, then i can develop a south eu kit for you. Keep in mind even norde kit has struggle to reach its moq.

What a pity to see this so late. For my part I wanted this too, I didn't arrived to buy the first round and the only thing I missed of it was the extra Spanish key.

I have used US ANSI but I work with several computers that are not mine and in the end I prefer to have them all the same with the keyboard in Spanish because I ended up going crazy writing wrong things because of being accustomed to my keyboard.

I'd also be definitely in for a Spanish one!
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 May 2017, 19:23:00 by Juk »

Offline LukStarkiller

« Reply #556 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 19:04:29 »

Thank you!

I'd also be definitely in for a Spanish one!

I think we have received a few hours ago the email from massdrop and remembered this set, as I said what a pitty that we came so late. A few months without looking and awesome things happen XD

Well next time I hope we find the round before, anyways, great work T0mb3ry  ^_^
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 May 2017, 19:14:46 by LukStarkiller »

Offline isunktheship

• AJCVisual
« Reply #557 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 19:23:20 »

SA Carbón

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #558 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 19:30:50 »

SA Carbón

SA Cabron,

you had the chance and you missed it

Offline isunktheship

• AJCVisual
« Reply #559 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 20:42:09 »

SA Carbón

SA Cabron,

you had the chance and you missed it

Aw mang, final form:

Ese cabrón

Offline richard912

« Reply #560 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 21:10:43 »
As the GB commencement date draws close, it looks like it will be Alphas, mod and mod ext kits for me. Only question is, "To Bone or not to Bone....". Alas, Mr Evil Wallet is denying both.

Offline GroovyGI

« Reply #561 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 22:44:32 »
I just got the Massdrop email for the drop, I will be spending too much sometime after May 31. I guess its time to get rid of some other key-cap sets to make room for 2 or 3 versions of Carbon with Lambda keys. Glad to hear Valve and Gabe N decided to help an artisan and make Steam customers world wide happy.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #562 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 23:01:50 »
I just got the Massdrop email for the drop, I will be spending too much sometime after May 31. I guess its time to get rid of some other key-cap sets to make room for 2 or 3 versions of Carbon with Lambda keys. Glad to hear Valve and Gabe N decided to help an artisan and make Steam customers world wide happy.
what keycap set you wanna get rid of :P

Offline GroovyGI

« Reply #563 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 23:40:55 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=77300.0;attach=158689;image

I was weak and sought to fill my need for orange on my desk. The JTK Sophomore are nice but not what I really wanted.

Offline maximm

« Reply #564 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 01:08:27 »
- Stop making suggestions!
- Ask for two small iso alphas for the orange kit
- Ah **** it, here ya go with a full orange NORDE-kit and 20 lambda keys
- Uuuuh thx :)

This set is going to be massif. Looking forward to it! Will it be 1 year + until it delivers?

Offline gogusrl

« Reply #565 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 02:07:41 »
Would be nice not to force all ISO users to spend double on this GB.

How about adding 4 caps to the base set for International ISO instead of having to buy 40+ extra keys to use 4 of them.

I'm talking about ISO Enter + row 3 \| + 1.25 shift + row 4 blank.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #566 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 02:20:40 »
- Stop making suggestions!
- Ask for two small iso alphas for the orange kit
- Ah **** it, here ya go with a full orange NORDE-kit and 20 lambda keys
- Uuuuh thx :)

This set is going to be massif. Looking forward to it! Will it be 1 year + until it delivers?

I had not added these two keys because the kits are final. I've added orange alphas because i got them always on my mind but i am fearing they would split the ISO buyers and one or the another alphas will struggle reaching MOQ. Again there is a huge risk that one of the ISO kits will not happen. Just look at Yuri's ISO numbers. Anyway this is Carbon and it does wonders sometimes.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 May 2017, 02:23:25 by T0mb3ry »

Offline richard912

« Reply #567 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 02:28:40 »
Am wondering about the shipment date too in view of the massive backlogs at SP

Offline giammin

« Reply #568 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 02:30:45 »
sorry if its been asked already but i cannot find it anywhare

are colors exactly the same as gmk carbon (that I love)?

as always great work T0mb3ry!

I'm just puzzled about the drop timing that almost owerlap YURY and could lower yury success but I  immagine it is not your decision
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 May 2017, 05:16:16 by giammin »

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #569 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 03:27:37 »
Again there is a huge risk that one of the ISO kits will not happen. Just look at Yuri's ISO numbers. Anyway this is Carbon and it does wonders sometimes.
Well, SP MOQs are lower, AFAIK. Last year DSA Royal Navy Euro kit (NorDe+Spanish), with it's very limited release via mechsupply, almost hit MOQ and got produced anyway because all the buyers agreed to pay a bit more for it. And in the first round of Carbon the international kit with spanish keys also got produced.
I've switched to ANSI boards anyway, but I hate that spanish always gets left behind—I would definitely buy an International kit with spanish even if I'm not going to use it.

As other users said: Maybe for round 3 in 2019. Heh. Almost there.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 May 2017, 03:45:27 by Endeavour1934 »

Offline Auk

« Reply #570 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 04:21:03 »
Just look at Yuri's ISO numbers

I don't know if it's true but someone pointed out that the stated quantities sold on the Yuri drop decreased by one for the International key set, after the Carbon emails were sent out. It's bit of a leap, but perhaps an early sign people will cancel Yuri for Carbon?

Sales fatigue may also start to have an impact. In the space of a few months:
  • dev/tty MT3
  • Miami Dolch
  • Yuri
  • Carbon (2-3 months early out of leftfield)
  • Nautilus
as well as a seemingly relentless stream of other, lower profile, but still very cool projects all vying for the community's money.

That's on top of the usual ISO price problems. I understand splitting makes it harder for each language to make the required quantity, but people can't spend money they don't have.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #571 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 05:14:39 »
Definitely noticed sales fatigue.

Too many good drops too quickly make it hard for the buyers to accumulate enough cash for each one. Had to toss up Yuri between SA Carbon, GMK Oblivion, GMK Nautilus, Miami Dolch + all the other stuff coming in the near future. In the end, I couldn't justify buying more than 2 sets. I was hoping that the Yuri Cyrillics being the first double shot versions, would bring in more people, but with so many decisions, it starts to hurt the individual sales of the sets. If instead the drops are staggered I'm sure the people hosting the drops could squeeze a lot of more cash out of us.

Offline Auk

« Reply #572 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 05:52:14 »

I forgot Oblivion! that was another I bookmarked as a possibility. I'm a bit salty about the Yuri Cyrillic, I think I would've bought it had it not proven to be too expensive with the base kit. Never mind, maybe it will get another round with better timing and options.

Massdrop are definitely not helping themselves or us with the planning here. More advance notice would be nice, a full release calendar for the coming year would be excellent.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #573 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 06:04:07 »
Haha yeah, I wish they had an option for Cyrillic base kit, but there was a reason they didn't end up going through with it (totally forgotten now). Still ended up with both kits anyway.

Offline kiettv12

« Reply #574 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 08:37:34 »
will eta be 1 year? that a long very long time

Offline dsaf

« Reply #575 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 17:06:33 »

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #576 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 19:15:24 »
Not sure if this is an error or if it's intentional, but I just noticed that R2 "page up" and R3 "page down" are duplicated between the modifiers extension and exotic kits.
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #577 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 11:16:10 »
Not sure if this is an error or if it's intentional, but I just noticed that R2 "page up" and R3 "page down" are duplicated between the modifiers extension and exotic kits.

Thanks for the catch. Forgot to remove these back in the day as i reworked mods extensions.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #578 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 11:45:30 »
DSA IMO is horrible for typing. I only use Cherry and sculpted SA.

Are SA profile keycaps not uncomfortable? They are much taller than Cherry.

Offline colbs

« Reply #579 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 11:49:18 »
DSA IMO is horrible for typing. I only use Cherry and sculpted SA.

Are SA profile keycaps not uncomfortable? They are much taller than Cherry.

I think SA is comfortable.  But, I am probably not a good source of info here as I have no problems with any profile I have used (SA, DSA, OEM, Cherry), and think they are all comfortable.  Normally takes me a few minutes to get used to it when I switch to different profiles, but after that it feels fine.

As everyone says, whether or not a profile is comfortable is fully personal preference.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #580 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:16:41 »
You know, I wonder if SA comfort has to do with how elevated your wrists are when typing, i.e. if people who keep their wrists up don't mind the height and those who rest them on the desk prefer lower keycaps.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #581 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 16:46:32 »
Update.

Exotic kit
- removed obsolete page up andpage down keys.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #582 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 17:27:17 »
Found an error in Exotic kit. The 3u key is only available in row 3. It will be changed in mockups to row 3 for the drop.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #583 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 17:36:42 »
Found an error in Exotic kit. The 3u key is only available in row 3. It will be changed in mockups to row 3 for the drop.

Update.
Exotic kit

Offline online

« Reply #584 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 07:57:26 »
Possible to add gray spacebar in the spacebar and spacekey set?
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 May 2017, 07:59:26 by online »

Offline Atredl

« Reply #585 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 09:54:29 »
Nope people stop making suggestions. I told you before i do not gather further suggestions. You can only point out some errors if you find some. The kits are final! You had come here earlier if yo need some keys.

Offline sklin

« Reply #586 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 09:56:13 »
Suggested this weeks ago but didn't get an answer, probably it won't be added.

Offline online

« Reply #587 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 10:20:10 »
Suggested this weeks ago but didn't get an answer, probably it won't be added.

Oh well. I'm just as happy as having this keycap set will cover my Minila. :)

Offline olivierpons

• Ergofip, a failed kickstart, but I'm still a keyboard enthusiast
« Reply #588 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 12:31:47 »
I've been watching this the whole day. That is the most amazing keycaps kit ever.
I'm in for my Ergodox Infinity.

- 1x Ergodox kit
- 1x Ergodox professionnal kit
- 1x Half-Life Lambda kit
- 1x Carbon Novelties
- 1x Flex kit
- 1x Community kit
- 1x Rolling bones
- 2x Blank alphas

I'm ready for the price as well. Unique keyboard is like a nice piece of jewelry to me.

> Dropdate? - Summer... Late July or August.
Can't wait for it!
Keyboard enthusiast.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #589 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 12:33:00 »
Can't wait for it!

That info is out of date. It launches on Massdrop on wednesday the 31st

Offline kikan

« Reply #590 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 12:33:14 »
I've been watching this the whole day. That is the most amazing keycaps kit ever.
I'm in for my Ergodox Infinity.

- 1x Ergodox kit
- 1x Ergodox professionnal kit
- 1x Half-Life Lambda kit
- 1x Carbon Novelties
- 1x Flex kit
- 1x Community kit
- 1x Rolling bones
- 2x Blank alphas

I'm ready for the price as well. Unique keyboard is like a nice piece of jewelry to me.

Can't wait for it!
Dropdate is may 31st ! ;-)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #591 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 17:22:43 »
The two numpad kits have different coloured windowed keys. One is grey and one is Orange. I'm assuming this is an error, and they don't actually have different coloured windows.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #592 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 17:24:04 »
The two numpad kits have different coloured windowed keys. One is grey and one is Orange. I'm assuming this is an error, and they don't actually have different coloured windows.

One is default carbon colorway (orange) the other is the new bone colorway (beige)

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #593 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 17:32:12 »
One is default carbon colorway (orange) the other is the new bone colorway (beige)
Ah I missed that they were side printed, and not blank windowed keys. My bad.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #594 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 10:49:45 »
Will there be limited availability through the drop? Or will there be enough for everyone?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #595 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 11:22:25 »
Will there be limited availability through the drop? Or will there be enough for everyone?

Massdrop, there'll be no limit on anything.

Offline PlasticSporkz

« Reply #596 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 19:29:17 »
I haven't received anything from Massdrop yet. Was something sent out with a date for when the drop happens?
Ducky Shine 2, Poker II, Leopold FC980M x2. Cherry Blues

Offline neon_tom

[IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #597 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 19:33:53 »
I haven't received anything from Massdrop yet. Was something sent out with a date for when the drop happens?

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/carbon

Note: The Massdrop x T0mb3ry SA Carbon Custom Keycap Set will be available starting May 31st at 6 a.m. PT.

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #598 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 19:34:44 »
Wednesday my friend. Drops at 6am PST.

Offline consolation

« Reply #599 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 01:09:36 »
Orange Alphas + Egro Pro, a bit of pee came out...