Author Topic: [IC]Custom Keyboard - the Moon - Album of Prototype Updated  (Read 76363 times)

Offline zzyjayfree

Re: [IC]Custom Keyboard - the Moon
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 23:15:27 »
This looks pretty cool. Will you have a prototype made before production?

It's already made! Will update pics in main thread shortly

What a beauty! I could be down for this if the GB and funds are in alignment.

Awesome fam!
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 23:37:09 »
I love the slope, just not the TKL layout! If this was made in the HHKB/60-70% layout I'd be flinging so much $ at the screen now! The slope is so gorgeous!

Offline lvince95

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 23:42:12 »
Looks interesting. Is it made with 6061 aluminum?

Offline zzyjayfree

Re: [IC]Custom Keyboard - the Moon - PIC of Prototype Updated
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:13:33 »
Updated link to album of the moon prototype: http://imgur.com/a/d9dTS
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:19:11 by zzyjayfree »
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline Dystopia

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:23:03 »

**** that's beautiful... The gold looks a bit too orangish imo though, but it may just be me  :p

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:46:02 »
Loving the green and purple combo!

Sent from the love gun.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 02:32:46 »
Is that black and orange or gold? Really nice case and the cut out on the back...
Will the Gb starts by this month?

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 02:50:16 »
Gonna have to get one. I hope there are color options similar to the prototype. Though I may not go beyond getting neutral colors, I appreciate how nice they look.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 05:21:24 »
Silver one is dope af, hope my wallet will ready for that.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 06:23:56 »
that newest prototype is radical as ****. i need it in my life!
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 06:24:36 »
Count me in, unless I get broke before this comes.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 06:29:35 »

This looks fantastic however, I noticed a few things.

The Moon brass weight on the back side isn't flush with the case. Is it possible to fix that? (I'm not sure if that's intentional or not).

Is that Orange supposed to be Gold? :(

Would it be possible to add little indents on the bottom for bump on feet?

I'm totally in, just hope the back brass can at least be flush with the case!

Edit: Also, if we were to get a full gold case, would the top and bottom be the same color? Or is there a chance they may come out as two different shades?

Looks too amazing!
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2017, 06:38:56 by Unforgivable »

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 07:08:40 »
Looks good! I personally prefer the chamfers on the light proto to the fillets on the dark one.  :thumb:

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 07:14:59 »
Is.. is that an Orange bottom and dark grey top to almost perfectly match SA Carbon???? I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 07:22:57 »
Stupid question: where is the usb hole?  And what about pcb?
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2017, 07:27:18 by Damonskv »

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 08:41:34 »

This looks fantastic however, I noticed a few things.

The Moon brass weight on the back side isn't flush with the case. Is it possible to fix that? (I'm not sure if that's intentional or not).

Is that Orange supposed to be Gold? :(

Would it be possible to add little indents on the bottom for bump on feet?

I'm totally in, just hope the back brass can at least be flush with the case!

Edit: Also, if we were to get a full gold case, would the top and bottom be the same color? Or is there a chance they may come out as two different shades?

Looks too amazing!

You’ve got some excellent points there.
The brass weight on the back is not polished and that is intentional as this is only a prototype.
The color is actually orange and black to match SA Carbon.
Yes, I’ll make sure to mention that indent, it helps a lot when you try to put the rubber feet on..
If anyone were to order same color for top and bottom cases. We will try our best to minimize the color difference. Normally they are not noticeable.
Hope this helps!

Is.. is that an Orange bottom and dark grey top to almost perfectly match SA Carbon???? I'm in.
SA Carbon all the way!

Stupid question: where is the usb hole?  And what about pcb?
No such thing as stupid question, and sharp eyes!
There’s no USB hole on this prototype.. as we were still debating where to put this USB hole.
At this moment we agree to put the USB hole at the bottom right of the back of the keyboard (where the two stripes and the logo are)
Edit: PCB will probably be from the designer of ZZ96

Is that black and orange or gold? Really nice case and the cut out on the back...
Will the Gb starts by this month?
Hopefully in April, latest will be May. As per the schedule for at this moment.

Offline Robotical

Re: [IC]Custom Keyboard - the Moon - Album of Prototype Updated
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 09:09:23 »
That green and purple combo is amazing. Makes me wonder what a cyan (replacing the green) purple combination would look like. I am so ready for this buy. Any idea of when we will get a price estimate? Need to start setting aside funds for this thing.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2017, 09:11:17 by Robotical »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 09:30:31 »

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 09:51:20 »
That green and purple combo is amazing. Makes me wonder what a cyan (replacing the green) purple combination would look like. I am so ready for this buy. Any idea of when we will get a price estimate? Need to start setting aside funds for this thing.

If I did my math correctly, the price will fall into $400-425 range plus fee and shipping.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 09:58:55 »
Fantastic! Looking forward to this group buy, and the fixed moon logo brass!

Any chance the PCB used could be the TX87? (if it's the same price).

My reasoning for this is most of the recent customs (Mira, Dolphin, TX87, etc.) are using the same TX87 PCB, so if anything it might be easier to find a replacement PCB in the future.

I can't wait for this group buy! The curves are just fantastic to look at!

Offline Robotical

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 10:02:47 »

If I did my math correctly, the price will fall into $400-425 range plus fee and shipping.

Ouch. But about what I expected. Have you confirmed the color options? I can't read.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2017, 14:55:15 by Robotical »

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 01:22:56 »
Another stupid question!

The usb hole cut out will be in the left corner or in the middle? Because i think zeal is making a rgb pcb for tkl but with the usb ports in the middle of the pcb

Offline neralo

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 01:58:37 »
Yeah the prototypes have made this an "OH MY GOD I NEED THIS NOW" buy for me. I might not even use it, just have it on display. Beautiful thing. Looking forward to the Gh, just need to decide on a colour combo

HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 12:33:46 »
Another stupid question!

The usb hole cut out will be in the left corner or in the middle? Because i think zeal is making a rgb pcb for tkl but with the usb ports in the middle of the pcb

Bottom right on the far end. Image you have the board on your desk and typing on it

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 12:37:26 »
Yeah the prototypes have made this an "OH MY GOD I NEED THIS NOW" buy for me. I might not even use it, just have it on display. Beautiful thing. Looking forward to the Gh, just need to decide on a colour combo

We are considering to provide probably 10-12 colors so buyers can choose any color for top, bottom cases,  the two stripes as well as the plate (Ie, the white, purple and green prototype). Should be very fun. Thank you for your compliment, please stay tuned for more updates.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 13:00:13 »

We are considering to provide probably 10-12 colors so buyers can choose any color for top, bottom cases,  the two stripes as well as the plate (Ie, the white, purple and green prototype). Should be very fun. Thank you for your compliment, please stay tuned for more updates.
That's awesome you guys are offering so many colors.  I always feel so limited when picking colors on boards.  Green is my favorite tho

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 23:04:07 »
Wow this looks stunning! Good job with the design.
-Dana

Offline neralo

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 23:51:21 »

10-12 colours dear lord, you spoil us.

HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 23:55:14 »
did you add film grain to those pics of the prototype?

can you take some in a lightbox?

the ano looks not so good, which i don't believe
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 07:38:26 »

>phew<

The more I look at it, the more I like it (especially that orange/black combo),
but the shipping and custom fees would kill me  :-[

Any chance of EU proxy or something along those lines?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #130 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 08:28:17 »
Wow  :eek: I'm barely seeing this. I like this better than the mira. The real question is, should I really spend probably around 500 for the board?  :-[

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #131 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 09:56:47 »
Wow  :eek: I'm barely seeing this. I like this better than the mira. The real question is, should I really spend probably around 500 for the board?  :-[

The real question is, How regret if you missed this keyboard.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #132 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 10:56:10 »

I'm not selling Amway here dude. Life is short, if you like something and can also afford it, go for it. As for whether or not you should spend any money on anything, I'll throw the question back to you now. :p
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 April 2017, 11:28:30 by zzyjayfree »

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 10:58:32 »

Film was used for pics in this album. Ano shouldn't be an issue at all as they were finished at the same factory as Mira and Tank. Meanwhile I'll see if I can get some pics w/o film.  :thumb:

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 11:04:09 »

>phew<

The more I look at it, the more I like it (especially that orange/black combo),
but the shipping and custom fees would kill me  :-[

Any chance of EU proxy or something along those lines?

I live in Canada and I feel you right there. The proxy service I use is pretty good (China - CA), I was never taxed (Knocking on wood). In fact I just submitted my order a few days back and they are on my way as we speak.  They use either EMS or DHL depending on what you are shipping (nature and value of items, liquid/branded luxury items tend to go for EMS).
Also I have a friend in Belgium and he uses a different proxy (similar idea just different company) and he seems to be very satisfied with them too.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 April 2017, 11:29:20 by zzyjayfree »

Offline joelfong

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 11:50:41 »
That's a really nice design! I like the black/orange version a lot.. But the estimated price might be a bit too steep for me.. >.<

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 20:04:29 »

I'm not selling Amway here dude. Life is short, if you like something and can also afford it, go for it. As for whether or not you should spend any money on anything, I'll throw the question back to you now. :p

Lol my gf tells me the same thing. Hopefully I can afford when the time comes around cause this board is gorgeous  :p

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 01:17:36 »

http://imgur.com/a/SSFMC Shots w/o film on. Might still be in process if you see this right away.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #138 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 02:15:34 »

http://imgur.com/a/SSFMC Shots w/o film on. Might still be in process if you see this right away.

may i request a black-gold version of it?
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 12:48:58 »

I live in Canada and I feel you right there. The proxy service I use is pretty good (China - CA), I was never taxed (Knocking on wood). In fact I just submitted my order a few days back and they are on my way as we speak.  They use either EMS or DHL depending on what you are shipping (nature and value of items, liquid/branded luxury items tend to go for EMS).
Also I have a friend in Belgium and he uses a different proxy (similar idea just different company) and he seems to be very satisfied with them too.

Well, I'm in Croatia, and going by my previous experience .. there's no way whatsoever something like this would go unnoticed and without taxes. Large, heavy package .. customs officer's wet dream  ;D

Anyways, I must've missed it - so where would the keyboard ship from? China?

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 13:06:52 »
Yes, it will be from china

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 13:57:13 »
Cool, thanks  :thumb:
At least the shipping won't be expensive.

Offline FactoryDefaults

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 08:21:43 »
Looks sick! I'd be down for that.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 09:08:57 »
You know, someone said in the most recent LZ tkl thread to STOP MAKING RECTANGLES.  And by golly, you did it!

I think this is the most interesting TKL I've ever seen.  Congrats on the amazing design and I hope the Group Buy starts as soon as my funds become more bountiful!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 14:28:18 »

**** me that's hot

thanks much for this

i really want to get in for one but i don't know if i'll have the cash when it goes up
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 14:35:27 »
Hopefully the price range will go down to $350-400 :(

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 15:11:35 »
this is pure art. I would sell my kidney for this one. Really awesome work!

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 15:13:51 »
Not a TKL fan, but wow. Might have to buy just to admire it.

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 16:28:07 »
I'd buy one for sure.  The orange and black is amazing or the gold and black are both beautiful.
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline neralo

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 20:20:28 »

That is unbelievably good looking. Almost too good to be true, at a glance it still looks like a render, took some really close scrutiny before I was convinced it was real. Very excited for this, hope you release the colour options before the GB so that people can make their decisions.

For the GB itself, whats the limit on the number of kits, and have you decided if this is going to FCFS sale?